• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
Have you guys seen this?: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9j92u9/spoilers_twitter_account_predicted_isabelle_and/

His "guesses" aren't too wild but having the specifics for the Isabelle trailer is interesting. The final characters he's predicting are mostly pretty obvious choices, but what do you guys think?
Going to be honest, i doubt they'd lock a character behind a paid service. That, and 3/5 characters are very unlikely to me. Especially given the nature of Smash Ultimate. On top of that, there should be at LEAST 2 newcomers that warrant new stages because of the 5 unrevealed stages. I'm calling fake.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Geno and Isaac are to only correct choice, the bros have to stand together, no matter your bias.

Xithyl_kykorl Xithyl_kykorl
Yeah and Mimiqui is also a good guesser out there.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Have you guys seen this?: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9j92u9/spoilers_twitter_account_predicted_isabelle_and/

His "guesses" aren't too wild but having the specifics for the Isabelle trailer is interesting. The final characters he's predicting are mostly pretty obvious choices, but what do you guys think?
"None of them contradict Vergeben in any way"

Vergeben said all of these things except Steve before this guy posting anything. Its meaningless. Some people are going to get several predictions right. Mimique predicted every single one as well and also got K. Rool, but missed Isabelle. This guy just happened to say Isabelle instead.

This guy also didn't get K. Rool and Simon, so its a stupid argument.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Going to be honest, i doubt they'd lock a character behind a paid service. That, and 3/5 characters are very unlikely to me. Especially given the nature of Smash Ultimate. On top of that, there should be at LEAST 2 newcomers that warrant new stages because of the 5 unrevealed stages. I'm calling fake.
Are you kidding? That sounds exactly like Nintendo to me.

While it lacks Isaac and I'd be bummed, I'd still be happy because of Geno and Shadow. I'd feel like we'd be a lock for DLC in this case, and what's a little waiting to Isaac fans?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Technically, Geno'd be a $35 DLC character unless you get the family plan...

I don't think they'd do that to a 3rd party guest.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
This.

What kind of Nintendo are you following? Because its clearly not the same one I follow.
I preface this by saying I've gotten like eight hours sleep in 2 days, but think of it this way:

Nintendo is really trying to get people on board with their online plan. The fans aren't happy despite them giving them some goodies. The best way to make people hop on board is to give something from a huge game (Smash DLC) for free to those on the plan; release 2-4 characters you get for free via the plan and you'd sell tons of subscriptions

EDIT: Those DLC maybe be purchasable separately, but tying them into the online plan would be clever

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah this is one reason why I think there are still unknowns at play here. The characters they listed wouldn't be enough to warrant another five stages. (only Incineroar and Steve look likely to have a stage attached to them)

Especially considering Geno seems to be listed as DLC and so his stage wouldn't even be included in those 5 unrevealed stages anyway.

Which would still leave three stages unaccounted for. Even if you argue Monster Hunter will get a stage (which I don't think is a guarantee because they could easily have just revealed it in the August direct) that would still leave two stages.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I preface this by saying I've gotten like eight hours sleep in 2 days, but think of it this way:
Congrats!... oh... wait... that was a complaint...

Man, senior year of college was rough- I averaged three hours of sleep a night on a good week...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Those being the last four reveals would absolutely suck. I don’t think Sakurai would have Steve in base and stick Geno behind a paywall, that’d be so anti-consumer. Plus the whole ‘Switch Online exclusive’ reeks of lies preying on paranoia.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Another reason why I think we're not getting a Monster Hunter stage....

We've already gotten 103 out of 108 stages, would there really be a reason to hold back on the Monster Hunter stage when they've already revealed so many stages? They've already been so eager to show off the stages that they only kept 5 of them from us.

The way I see it, those five remaining stages are related to things (I'm not even necessarily saying characters here) that weren't revealed at the time of the August direct. That's the reason they still haven't been revealed, in my opinion.

(It's not like they're going to be unlockable stages either, since it's been stated we'll have access to every stage as soon as we load up the game. We're going to know those five stages by the time December 7th comes around.)

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

It's hard to say who is just predicting or actually has inside info honestly. There was another (Mimique) who did the same thing. Got a lot of scarily accurate stuff right and he's been predicting Isaac and Felix as an Echo. And is still confident about it too. I just take it as a lucky guesser for now till we know all about the game.
I will say it's a brilliant idea to leak stuff as a normal person pretending to be a debater and make "guesses". I'd do the same honestly.

leon3789

Smash Rookie
Another reason why I think we're not getting a Monster Hunter stage....

We've already gotten 103 out of 108 stages, would there really be a reason to hold back on the Monster Hunter stage when they've already revealed so many stages? They've already been so eager to show off the stages that they only kept 5 of them from us.

The way I see it, those five remaining stages are related to things (I'm not even necessarily saying characters here) that weren't revealed at the time of the August direct. That's the reason they still haven't been revealed, in my opinion.

(It's not like they're going to be unlockable stages either, since it's been stated we'll have access to every stage as soon as we load up the game. We're going to know those five stages by the time December 7th comes around.)
Yeah, I personally don't see a Monster Hunter Stage happening, if it was I feel like it would have been announced in the August Direct with the rest of the Monster Hunter content, unless we're getting a character from MH which I highly doubt.

That said, in terms of stages and the 103 to 108 idea, I still kinda look at the "Mute City(SNES)" stage as an odd stage in our current roster, which unless I'm missing something that's been discussed before, it's the only Mute City stage in Ultimate making the name change weird.

I'm not saying for sure this means Mute City Melee, or even a new Mute City is for sure happening, just an odd thing with our current stage list I've kept in mind even during the whole "103 is the final stage number" phase. It's just something worth note.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
As a Monster Hunter fan, I'd be slightly disappointed if we didn't get some version of that arena as a stage. Maybe the actual stage is an elevated version of what we're seeing and we haven't seen it yet because they were just teasing a new mode, but didn't have time to focus on the actual stage?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah, I personally don't see a Monster Hunter Stage happening, if it was I feel like it would have been announced in the August Direct with the rest of the Monster Hunter content, unless we're getting a character from MH which I highly doubt.

That said, in terms of stages and the 103 to 108 idea, I still kinda look at the "Mute City(SNES)" stage as an odd stage in our current roster, which unless I'm missing something that's been discussed before, it's the only Mute City stage in Ultimate making the name change weird.

I'm not saying for sure this means Mute City Melee, or even a new Mute City is for sure happening, just an odd thing with our current stage list I've kept in mind even during the whole "103 is the final stage number" phase. It's just something worth note.
I really really don't think we're getting any more old stages. What on earth would make Mute City Melee so special for it to be kept as one of the last five stages to be revealed, when they went out of their way in August to give us a huge info dump of old stages. Old stages were just thrown at us through the stage select screen, many of them not even getting officially announced.

I don't see why the melee version of Mute City wouldn't have been a part of that info dump. (and the same goes for any of the other old stages really)

They missed the boat that was titled "Here's every other old stage in the base game".

(in regards to the naming, my guess is that it's just future proofing for the possibility of adding Mute City (Melee) as dlc. If not that then I'd just call it an anomaly without a good explanation)

Last edited:

leon3789

Smash Rookie
I really really don't think we're getting any more old stages. What on earth would make Mute City Melee so special for it to be kept as one of the last five stages to be revealed, when they went out of their way in August to give us a huge info dump of old stages. Old stages were just thrown at us through the stage select screen, many of them not even getting officially announced.

I don't see why the melee version of Mute City wouldn't have been a part of that info dump.
I agree it's wouldn't make sense, just pointing out that it's a bit strange to Change the name of the 3DS Mute City. It could be nothing, just something I've found odd since the direct, it's just something I can't personally think of a reason for beside Mute City Melee coming back, that or an entirely new Mute City for Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I don't buy this new guy, and not just because he doesn't mention Isaac, but the idea of Nintendo dangling Geno as a reward for Nintendo Online.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I agree it's wouldn't make sense, just pointing out that it's a bit strange to Change the name of the 3DS Mute City. It could be nothing, just something I've found odd since the direct, it's just something I can't personally think of a reason for beside Mute City Melee coming back, that or an entirely new Mute City for Ultimate.
I said it in the last post but I think it could point to them wanting to bring back a few more stages they didn't have time to finish as dlc.

It sounds like Sakurai is trying to push as much into this game as possible, so I could see them having wanted to bring back Mute City (Melee) but it just wasn't as high a priority so it got put aside.

Last edited:

leon3789

Smash Rookie
I said it in the last post but I think it could point to them wanting to bring back a few more stages they didn't have time to finish as dlc.
Oh, I guess I replied before that. Huh. I actually didn't think of that, and it would explain it... I retract my statements, with that idea in mind I do fully agree with you on the stages,

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't really think that Nintendo will make Geno some online bonus either. That said, it's not like NIntendo is innocent when it comes to s***ty business practices...

*cough* putting a difficulty option behind amiibo for Samus returns *cough*
*cough*locking cloud saves behind the online service *cough*

Anyways, went ahead and voted for Isaac and Geno in the new polls. I have zero interest in Sora, and my interest in Amateratsu and Okami is nowhere near as close as my interest in Isaac and Golden Sun, so that made for some easy votes.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I don't see why the melee version of Mute City wouldn't have been a part of that info dump. (and the same goes for any of the other old stages really)

They missed the boat that was titled "Here's every other old stage in the base game".

(in regards to the naming, my guess is that it's just future proofing for the possibility of adding Mute City (Melee) as dlc. If not that then I'd just call it an anomaly without a good explanation)
I think it’s weird that they would keep Mute City Melee hidden for so long, but the alternatives are a new Mute City getting made for no reason, and a new Mute City getting made because Black Shadow’s an Echo. Suddenly Mute City Melee seems likelier.

(Please let me be wrong I want Black Shadow so bad)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

It sounds like Sakurai is trying to push as much into this game as possible, so I could see them having wanted to bring back Mute City (Melee) but it just wasn't as high a priority so it got put aside.
Also, I know this kinda makes it sound like he was planning DLC but I doubt it was as intentional as that.

I'd say it was more "I'll come back to it later" than "This is going to be dlc".

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't buy this new guy, and not just because he doesn't mention Isaac, but the idea of Nintendo dangling Geno as a reward for Nintendo Online.
Yeah, especially since Sakurai likes him. He's either going to be a completely free dlc or the first regular paid one.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all that’s left however we still have 5 more stages left. For speculation purposes let’s assume that Monster Hunter boss arena does have a normal stage version. That would leave 4. We all assume Minecraft would have a stage even if Steve isn’t playable. I wouldn’t be surprised if Pokémon got a stage for Incineroar but I doubt that. Anyways that leaves 2-4 stages assuming MH is just a boss stage and Pokémon doesn’t get a stage.

I don’t see Ken or Shadow getting a stage and I can’t see us getting a random Nintendo stage that isn’t tied to a character. There has to be 2-3 characters no one knows about. I’m gonna bet it’s Isaac, a Rhythm Heaven character and someone else just not sure who.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm not inclined to give credibility to someone because they predicted Ridley, by far the biggest fan request, and Isabelle with an Animal Crossing Switch announcement, the most logical marketing decision imaginable. The only leak that really deserves attention at this point is Vergeben due to Simon, but between missing K. Rool and his shockingly poor behavior this week in reaction to the Pokemon music track, I think even his word needs to be taken with a massive grain of salt at this point. Again, I'm looking forward to Minecon on Saturday because, even though I don't expect a reveal there, I think the day passing without at least a "We have exciting news from Nintendo coming soon" would be a very interesting development.

Quick thoughts on the other new pieces of speculation. Regarding the first DLC character being a Nintendo Online incentive: I think that's very plausible, but I have to believe they'd pick someone with more mainstream appeal than Geno. The Mewtwo promotion makes sense as a veteran fighter and a character that pretty much the entire gaming world is familar with; I don't think a Super Mario RPG character is remotely on the same level. As for stages, I don't think finding five new stages is a problem regardless of the exact number of newcomers remaining. As an example, I think Jon from GameXplain's idea of a Tetris stage is extremely plausible, and there's already been tons of speculation of Minecraft's representation being a stage. Finally, on the subject of Mute City's renaming, I think it's simply a clarity move, but I think it may also signal that they want to leave the door open for the remaining veteran stages to come back later as DLC. Regardless, it doesn't mean much at this point other than "This is the Mute City stage styled after the SNES F-Zero".

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

If it's for DLC, I'm sorry, but Nintendo shouldn't have ****ing bothered with naming Mute City 3DS "Mute City's sNES" even Mushroom Kingdom 64 doesn't even get a name for future proof DLC. So why do they do it? So they can say that they know the original stage exists? Yeah, what a load of ****.

And what's so special about Mute City Melee? Well, it's certainly better than Pikefloats and stupid fourside, that's for sure.

I'm not inclined to give credibility to someone because they predicted Ridley, by far the biggest fan request, and Isabelle with an Animal Crossing Switch announcement, the most logical marketing decision imaginable. The only leak that really deserves attention at this point is Vergeben due to Simon, but between missing K. Rool and his shockingly poor behavior this week in reaction to the Pokemon music track, I think even his word needs to be taken with a massive grain of salt at this point. Again, I'm looking forward to Minecon on Saturday because, even though I don't expect a reveal there, I think the day passing without at least a "We have exciting news from Nintendo coming soon" would be a very interesting development.

Quick thoughts on the other new pieces of speculation. Regarding the first DLC character being a Nintendo Online incentive: I think that's very plausible, but I have to believe they'd pick someone with more mainstream appeal than Geno. The Mewtwo promotion makes sense as a veteran fighter and a character that pretty much the entire gaming world is familar with; I don't think a Super Mario RPG character is remotely on the same level. As for stages, I don't think finding five new stages is a problem regardless of the exact number of newcomers remaining. As an example, I think Jon from GameXplain's idea of a Tetris stage is extremely plausible, and there's already been tons of speculation of Minecraft's representation being a stage. Finally, on the subject of Mute City's renaming, I think it's simply a clarity move, but I think it may also signal that they want to leave the door open for the remaining veteran stages to come back later as DLC. Regardless, it doesn't mean much at this point other than "This is the Mute City stage styled after the SNES F-Zero".
1. No it isn't plasible. Locking a character to the Nintendo online is the dumbest move Nintendo can make. A season pass would make more sense than this.
2. If all they are doing is renaming it for DLC purposes, they why don't they rename Mushroom Kingdom to "Mushroom Kingdom 64". Since we gotta future proof and all.

Also, Mute City SNES was just called Mute City in 3DS. If this change was just to clarify that it's a stage based on the SNES version(even when there IS no other Mute City apperently), then its a pointless and rubbish change.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
It's hard to say who is just predicting or actually has inside info honestly. There was another (Mimique) who did the same thing. Got a lot of scarily accurate stuff right and he's been predicting Isaac and Felix as an Echo. And is still confident about it too. I just take it as a lucky guesser for now till we know all about the game.
I will say it's a brilliant idea to leak stuff as a normal person pretending to be a debater and make "guesses". I'd do the same honestly.
Rattergun also had a pretty funny predicting pattern, actively ranting against a character's inclusion right before they end up confirmed. He made one for Isaac and still currently has the stance that Isaac won't happen, 'In a million years.'

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.

I'll start

1) Golden Sun ( I count GS 1/2 as one game, with the whole they were planned to be one game and the password link system)
2) Majora's Mask
3) Megaman Zero (I looooooooved 2 and 3, 4 is okay but I just love the first one for it's feel and difficulty)
4) Pokemon Crystal
5) Animal Crossing GC (NL is amazing, I loved it, but I have more memories with the GC one)
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
8) Fire Emblem 6 (Roy is the best Lord, IDC what you say, he is 15, 15 that is why he is weak, he is a child. Plus unlike Corrin he is not a **** up and a disgrace to FE
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

It's so hard to pick a top 10. I love so many games. I did one per series because of Zelda. I would have had like 4 of em up there.

So as you can tell, I am a Nintendo boy. Love my Snes games but I really love my handheld games.
Why you gotta make this hard? Lol in no specific order off the top of my head.

1. Golden Sun
2. Halo series (except 4)
3. Portal series
4. XCOM series
5. Fire Emblem Gameboy installments
6. Smash Bros. (Obviously)
7. Gunstar Heroes
8. Mega Man Battle Network series
9. Metroid (2D installments)
10. Half Life series

I am all over the place on consoles, but I mainly like strategy and RPG genres.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm hoping that the next direct comes on the first weeks of October.
It doesn't have to have tons of characters, but it would be nice to know about the remaining modes. heh
Same. It's pretty much just the bonus games, trophies, Spirits and All-Star at this stage, so they may not have too much to talk about beyond those at this point.

Also, I'm running out of ways to insult Vergeben, so the sooner this speculation period ends, the better.

Rattergun also had a pretty funny predicting pattern, actively ranting against a character's inclusion right before they end up confirmed. He made one for Isaac and still currently has the stance that Isaac won't happen, 'In a million years.'
If anything, people should follow him instead of VeggieBowl, purely for the entertainment value of him being salty whenever he's wrong. :laugh:

Besides, Croco claiming you wouldn't be able to catch him in X amount of years didn't work in SMRPG, so Rat is falling into that trap.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
1. No it isn't plasible. Locking a character to the Nintendo online is the dumbest move Nintendo can make. A season pass would make more sense than this.
2. If all they are doing is renaming it for DLC purposes, they why don't they rename Mushroom Kingdom to "Mushroom Kingdom 64". Since we gotta future proof and all.

Also, Mute City SNES was just called Mute City in 3DS. If this change was just to clarify that it's a stage based on the SNES version(even when there IS no other Mute City apperently), then its a pointless and rubbish change.
A bonus character for Nintendo Online is absolutely plausible. Remember, Mewtwo was a freebie if you registered both games OR simply available to purchase as DLC. I see no reason they couldn't (or wouldn't) do the same thing here, possibly as a timed exclusive: "Here's our first DLC character. It'll be available in the eShop on <date>, but you can get a free download code by being an active subscriber to Nintendo Online any time from <date> to <date>."

I can't say for sure why Mute City was changed and Mushroom Kingdom wasn't. If I had to guess, I'd guess it's because Mushroom Kingdom 64 and Melee are very similar stages overall, so I can see why they'd just pick one and call it Mushroom Kingdom, much like how the latest version of Battlefield isn't called "Battlefield Ultimate". Mute City SNES and N64 are much more distinct from each other by comparison, so while I don't expect them to bring the latter back, I can understand why they'd still make the name change.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
A bonus character for Nintendo Online is absolutely plausible. Remember, Mewtwo was a freebie if you registered both games OR simply available to purchase as DLC. I see no reason they couldn't (or wouldn't) do the same thing here, possibly as a timed exclusive: "Here's our first DLC character. It'll be available in the eShop on <date>, but you can get a free download code by being an active subscriber to Nintendo Online any time from <date> to <date>."

I can't say for sure why Mute City was changed and Mushroom Kingdom wasn't. If I had to guess, I'd guess it's because Mushroom Kingdom 64 and Melee are very similar stages overall, so I can see why they'd just pick one and call it Mushroom Kingdom, much like how the latest version of Battlefield isn't called "Battlefield Ultimate". Mute City SNES and N64 are much more distinct from each other by comparison, so while I don't expect them to bring the latter back, I can understand why they'd still make the name change.
Weather or not its cleaver or not does change how scummy it is as a practice. I will not or ever pay for online, so this is still a greedy tactic.

Also, the *similar stages* argument only works if you ignore both Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, and both of the Animal Crossing stages, T&C, and Smashville.

Also, if they all but named a renamed a stage because people would be confused by a stage that wasn't in the game yet, then I don't think they even should've bothered.

I doubt I'll even get an F-Zero echo fighter. If they can't even bother bringing all the stages back, the I'll be pissed.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Weather or not its cleaver or not does change how scummy it is as a practice. I will not or ever pay for online, so this is still a greedy tactic.

Also, the *similar stages* argument only works if you ignore both Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, and both of the Animal Crossing stages, T&C, and Smashville.

Also, if they all but named a renamed a stage because people would be confused by a stage that wasn't in the game yet, then I don't think they even should've bothered.

I doubt I'll even get an F-Zero echo fighter. If they can't even bother bringing all the stages back, the I'll be pissed.
I'm happy donkey kong and metroid are getting the treatment they deserve now but the way fzero was treated in smash 4, makes me worry alot lol

Theyed removed a stage but added one remix

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma

I'm not sure what to tell you then. I strongly disagree with the idea that charging for online is a bad thing, but if that's how you feel, that's your right. I also can't tell you why stage naming conventions have been inconsistent over the years, never mind within Ultimate alone. I certainly won't disagree that F-Zero has been unfairly left in the past by Nintendo, as they have with other series like Golden Sun and Advance Wars. I guess I just can't be bothered to be angry with any of it right now: I'd rather focus on the potential victories, like this wonderful fan movement for Isaac in Smash that looks like it may just get what it deserves.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm happy donkey kong and metroid are getting the treatment they deserve now but the way fzero was treated in smash 4, makes me worry alot lol

Theyed removed a stage but added one remix
F-Zero gained one new stage, but lost one.

Now they gain that stage back.

....yay. Nintendo cares so much.

honestly, I'm disappointed and ****ing pissed that Nintendo has treated F-Zero this way. But I'm not gonna repeat myself. IF F-Zero isn't gonna get a new stage, at least bring all of them back.

If they won't even give Falcon an Echo.

I'm not sure what to tell you then. I strongly disagree with the idea that charging for online is a bad thing, but if that's how you feel, that's your right. I also can't tell you why stage naming conventions have been inconsistent over the years, never mind within Ultimate alone. I certainly won't disagree that F-Zero has been unfairly left in the past by Nintendo, as they have with other series like Golden Sun and Advance Wars. I guess I just can't be bothered to be angry with any of it right now: I'd rather focus on the potential victories, like this wonderful fan movement for Isaac in Smash that looks like it may just get what it deserves.
And I don't care what you think of the online. I still think it's garbage. Plain and simple.

And what victories? The only victories for me that Metroid got any good treatment. F-Zero, Custom Robo, and golden Sun have yet to get anything substantial in Smash. So yeah, I'm very disappointed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom