• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Do you guys think that his lack of relevancy would have an effect on if he got an echo or not?
Not necessarily. That being said I DO NOT expect Isaac to get an echo, Felix or Mathew.

I just think it would be neat, especially since Isaac is only one half of a whole. Golden Sun is just as much Felix’s story as it is Isaac’s, but seeing as how Isaac’s the hero of the first game, people have more of an attachment to him.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
Isaac's beating BWD in that poll by 30 votes as I type this. I thought he was finished

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So the reddit comments are kinda meh.

A lot of the reasons against isaac in the comments usually come down to "swords" which shows how just the image of a sword can turn people to picking another character.

Which is saddening. :< I understand picking BWD because you like kirby, but i really think some people REALLY underestimate Isaac's abilities. Just because he uses a sword.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Sora and Roxas have clearly defined different body structures/heights, though, so Roxas couldn't be an echo of Sora either way.
*generally gestures in Richter's direction*
It's not exactly about appearance, its about gameplay for echoes and Roxas would be the prime candidate for a Sora echo (in the event that Sakurai wants to bankrupt Nintendo by going for 2 Kingdoms Hearts characters).

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Sora and Roxas have clearly defined different body structures/heights, though, so Roxas couldn't be an echo of Sora either way.
Id argue that height doesn't really matter with echos. Gannondorf was quite bigger than Captain Falcon in melee. The key thing with echos are how well the moves translate with the character if they do have larger or smaller proportions. And as we saw with Chrom who is slightly taller than Roy its possible for Echos to have varying sizes from the character they are based on.

(And if they went with Kingdom hearts 2 Roxas and Kingdom hearts 2 Sora they would have almost the exact same proportions.)

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice

A lot of the reasons against isaac in the comments usually come down to "swords" which shows how just the image of a sword can turn people to picking another character.

Which is saddening. :< I understand picking BWD because you like kirby, but i really think some people REALLY underestimate Isaac's abilities. Just because he uses a sword.
All we need to do is photoshop the Gaia Axe on the image somehow to show he can use different weapons.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

I think the biggest problem with Isaac is his design, which doesn't at all say "earth bender", and since Synergy doesn't require tomes or books, it's not obvious he uses spells and not just swords. But alas, they will learn once they see his dope-*** trailer.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

The unfortunate reality. It makes me angry, honestly. It makes me wish most of Isaac’s official artwork and fan artwork depicted his Psynergy more rather than simply posing with a sword. Then people wouldn’t keep coming to this conclusion. Or, especially in the case of polls, have a brief synopsis of each character and what they specialize in.

I mean, I know doing a simple google search is like, really, really hard and all, so we’ve gotta make it easier for them.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I never understood that stupid weapon argument, for me the playstyle defines a character.
You can have so many different movesets with swords.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Were 51 votes ahead boys, kept pushing! If we win this the rest will be a breaze

...BK next

Oh well... Get Isaac or die tryin'

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Well, if anyone really needed proof of how unfortunately dead Golden Sun is, Golden Sun Universe, which is the wiki for the series, has its last Golden Sun-related news before the trademark renewal from 2015 (The Lost Age hits VC).

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Well, if anyone really needed proof of how unfortunately dead Golden Sun is, Golden Sun Universe, which is the wiki for the series, has its last Golden Sun-related news before the trademark renewal from 2015 (The Lost Age hits VC).
It makes me wonder if those sites will suddenly spring to life with Isaac’s inclusion. Or will they remain derelict?

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Lets not talk doom and gloom now. Positive thoughts :teeth:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It makes me wonder if those sites will suddenly spring to life with Isaac’s inclusion. Or will they remain derelict?
I think the only thing that would completely revive it would be a brand new game/remake. I can hope, I suppose.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
All the more reason to bring it back so we can get the place hoping again.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Found another good song to put in Smash.

This would be a glorious theme to reveal Felix as an Echo alongside Isaac when they fight each other, earth shattering and parting beneath their feet.

Matthew, if in the game, will probably take Isaac's place in AT prison. Felix has a 50/50 for being an echo or not existing / being a regular trophy.
Felix would be an awesome Echo to have. Plus you recreate battles between the two.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Lets not talk doom and gloom now. Positive thoughts :teeth:
Ok, I’m positive Golden Sun as a franchise is currently not amongst the living.

Better? That’s why we need to Frankentsein this shiz! And perfect timing considering Halloween is coming up.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I can't exactly blame anyone not familiar with Golden Sun for thinking Isaac is boring considering his design is about as generic as humanly possible. It's the same kind of problem I imagine Shulk would have without the Monado, or Rex without Pyra. Also problematic that the popularity of Fire Emblem has led to introducing six anime swordsmen to Smash (seven if you count Robin), four of which use variations on the same moveset. An Isaac reveal trailer should show just how unique he really is, but before that point, he's just another guy with a sword and spiky hair.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I’m positive Golden Sun as a franchise is currently not amongst the living.

Better? That’s why we need to Frankentsein this shiz! And perfect timing considering Halloween is coming up.
That's right it's reached a higher plane.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Id argue that height doesn't really matter with echos. Gannondorf was quite bigger than Captain Falcon in melee. The key thing with echos are how well the moves translate with the character if they do have larger or smaller proportions. And as we saw with Chrom who is slightly taller than Roy its possible for Echos to have varying sizes from the character they are based on.

(And if they went with Kingdom hearts 2 Roxas and Kingdom hearts 2 Sora they would have almost the exact same proportions.)
It was stated in 4 that Lucina is slightly shorter than Marth and it's apparently it's the same for the Belmonts. So small weight/height differences are fine.

I never understood that stupid weapon argument, for me the playstyle defines a character.
Why do I always have to bring up he can use Axes too? I guess the Sol Blade is that necessary?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It would actually be pretty hilarious if Isaac showed up in Mario Tennis Aces. (The GBA Mario Tennis game did rip its dialogue selection and overworld sprite style straight from Golden Sun...)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think the biggest problem with Isaac is his design, which doesn't at all say "earth bender", and since Synergy doesn't require tomes or books, it's not obvious he uses spells and not just swords. But alas, they will learn once they see his dope-*** trailer.
The unfortunate reality. It makes me angry, honestly. It makes me wish most of Isaac’s official artwork and fan artwork depicted his Psynergy more rather than simply posing with a sword. Then people wouldn’t keep coming to this conclusion. Or, especially in the case of polls, have a brief synopsis of each character and what they specialize in.

I mean, I know doing a simple google search is like, really, really hard and all, so we’ve gotta make it easier for them.
Yeah, i'll agree that the (unfortately) deceased artist could've had him using his psynergy more. Shame as it would help us with his public image.

But people like making assumes about the character. May i remind of "goomba with a hat?"
It matters not the playstyle, but the execution.

I can understand not wanting anymore FE characters. But Isaac isn't from FE. He's from GS.
Were 51 votes ahead boys, kept pushing! If we win this the rest will be a breaze

...BK next

Oh well... Get Isaac or die tryin'
RIPPERONI.
Wait, they renewed the GS trademark? Even in 2015? So what the hell is the 2017 and 2018 renewals for???

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It was stated in 4 that Lucina is slightly shorter than Marth and it's apparently it's the same for the Belmonts. So small weight/height differences are fine.

Why do I always have to bring up he can use Axes too? I guess the Sol Blade is that necessary?
Well, we do know he can wield axes, but he's much more well known for using swords, given that they appear in just about every piece of artwork with him.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Yeah, i'll agree that the (unfortately) deceased artist could've had him using his psynergy more. Shame as it would help us with his public image.

But people like making assumes about the character. May i remind of "goomba with a hat?"

It matters not the playstyle, but the execution.

I can understand not wanting anymore FE characters. But Isaac isn't from FE. He's from GS.

RIPPERONI.

Wait, they renewed the GS trademark? Even in 2015? So what the hell is the 2017 and 2018 renewals for???
No, they renewed it in 2018. I was saying the last bit of news before that was the VC release in 2015. Sorry, poor wording.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Using Super Smash Flash 2 would be a good way to show off how unique Isaac could be.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
No, they renewed it in 2018. I was saying the last bit of news before that was the VC release in 2015. Sorry, poor wording.
Oh. You got my hopes up. XD

I can't exactly blame anyone not familiar with Golden Sun for thinking Isaac is boring considering his design is about as generic as humanly possible. It's the same kind of problem I imagine Shulk would have without the Monado, or Rex without Pyra. Also problematic that the popularity of Fire Emblem has led to introducing six anime swordsmen to Smash (seven if you count Robin), four of which use variations on the same moveset. An Isaac reveal trailer should show just how unique he really is, but before that point, he's just another guy with a sword and spiky hair.
I do enjoy Isaac's design. It's more of an nostolgic thing. (Besides, SF Art is one of my favorite things ever, so i like this.)

I liked to see what Dark Dawn's artist interpretation on OG Isaac would be because of how different DD was in style and how everyone changed, i really didn't get used to the style.

Huh...

... Uh oh...
FailedAi misworded it. xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom