• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

D

Deleted member

I also attribute this to a very long weekend, causing fracked nerves and tension, which turns to hostility.

Thank God it's over. I mean, for me, the NFL is back, but holy crap does the football suck so far.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, this might've been the lowest point of this thread.

At this point, once we hit rock bottom, all we can go is up.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I also attribute this to a very long weekend, causing fracked nerves and tension, which turns to hostility.

Thank God it's over. I mean, for me, the NFL is back, but holy crap does the football suck so far.
The weekend dragged on so bad it's feels like it's draining me I'm almost happy to go to work tommrow

Confirmation

Smash Ace
The title has brought us to ruin. Hurry, we must change it back before the unthinkable befells this thread.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Isaac has the biggest thread out of all unconfirmed newcomers and he has the right mixture of plausibility and momentum on his side (I'd equate him to where Shulk was during Sm4sh speculation season). So the thread is bound to draw in lots of people that wouldn't normally visit, which means it can move pretty quickly, veer off-topic, and even get heated. Especially with the collective blue balls the community still has from the delay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Push took data from a fanpoll in this case. Of course it's not reliable. This has nothing to do with Push but the fact it's a fanpoll. Come on, seriously. Look at the actual origin of the poll. All the data for these kinds of things are fanpoll-based. They will never be inherently reliable. They're just a guesstimate at best to look at.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
So I promised a little something yesterday, here it is:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I only need to find the 4 Lighthouses, throw these in and Isaac will be announced.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Colts fan?

The Eagles game had me bitting my nails.

This season I feel is going to be something else for everyone. I just hope the god damn pats don't do well, tired of em

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Add me to the support list. I haven't completed the first Golden Sun yet but I think Isaac is long overdue to appear as a fighter.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
So I promised a little something yesterday, here it is:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I only need to find the 4 Lighthouses, throw these in and Isaac will be announced.
He should show up just in time to not be able to stop you.:grin:

BillyBat

Smash Rookie
Come on my fellow Adepts, we must stick together through thick and thin.
The hype may be down, but we gotta stay strong and positive. For Weyard!!!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I still think that the direct will be on the 12th, that will avoid the 9/11 issue and also be before the 13th when Famitsu is apparently launching.

AND:

12/09/18

12+09+18 = 39

12 - 1 delay = 11

39 + 11 = 50

50 Cent confirmed! :estatic:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Colts fan?

The Eagles game had me bitting my nails.

This season I feel is going to be something else for everyone. I just hope the god damn pats don't do well, tired of em
Hit it on the nail. Other than that opener, where the Falcons choked, I pretty much resigned myself to a 4-12 season, and that's okay, because I'd rather have them get a decent draft pick and use that as a barganing chip like they did this year. Now, at least I'm not a Bills fan!

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I've been lurking as a guest for a while now and just decided to make an account to show my support. Hopefully we get him this time!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
12 is also my mom's birthday, so if Isaac gets revealed (alongside 50 Cent), I can celebrate 2 things at once \o/

Vermilion

Smash Cadet
I've never played a Golden Sun game but he does look interesting. I'd be satisfied if he was added into Smash.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Here's an interesting question for you all: is it all but guaranteed that if Isaac gets in, Felix will be the Echo Fighter of Isaac? It's an insanely perfect opportunity to put him in especially when he functions almost exactly the same as Isaac, so I hope Sakurai knows about this.

SlyRocko

Smash Rookie
I still think that the direct will be on the 12th, that will avoid the 9/11 issue and also be before the 13th when Famitsu is apparently launching.

AND:

12/09/18

12+09+18 = 39

12 - 1 delay = 11

39 + 11 = 50

50 Cent confirmed! :estatic:
I think you're on to something here.
50 Cent as Isaac echo?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo fan base tier list? I'll get it started:
SS: Golden Sun
S: Xenoblade
F: Fire Emblem
I don't think anyone can make a genuine objective fanbase tierlist unless they're not part of any of them. There are some better ones and some worse ones out there but I doubt we can be the judge of that since we're all going to be varying degrees of biased.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Here's an interesting question for you all: is it all but guaranteed that if Isaac gets in, Felix will be the Echo Fighter of Isaac? It's an insanely perfect opportunity to put him in especially when he functions almost exactly the same as Isaac, so I hope Sakurai knows about this.
There's a good chance that Felix ends up as an Echo Fighter of Isaac, but WILL he be an Echo Fighter of Isaac? Well, there's a chance, but its not guaranteed.

If Isaac DOES get an Echo Fighter? I'd say its almost guaranteed to be Felix because Matthew is just too similar to Isaac.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone can make a genuine objective fanbase tierlist unless they're not part of any of them. There are some better ones and some worse ones out there but I doubt we can be the judge of that since we're all going to be varying degrees of biased.
It was mostly a joke sorry lol

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
No need to apologise, everyone is chill. Might just not be the best topic seeing as how there's always a good amount of people who'd jump on that and take it seriously.

And besides, we'd need to find a new bottom tier for the general Smash fanbase anyway.
Bottom Tier of what?

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up to people assuming there would only be one character reveal in the direct due to Bowser being featured today.

3A121F3D-41F4-42FB-BE38-2E48D03E8AC2.jpeg

11C817F5-3A46-4421-8646-654846490835.jpeg

The website featured both Simon and King K Rool the same day after reveal and then featured the Echo fighters the following week so there is no telling how many character reveals we could get in the direct!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just a heads up to people assuming there would only be one character reveal in the direct due to Bowser being featured today.

View attachment 162999
View attachment 163000

The website featured both Simon and King K Rool the same day after reveal and then featured the Echo fighters the following week so there is no telling how many character reveals we could get in the direct!
And even then, it’s entirely possible they redid their update schedule over the weekend to account for the delay.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I actually found this nice little theory on reddit on why David Hayter hasn't come n to do codecs for ultimate yet.

"Obviously, Sakurai doesn't want the smash roster to be leaked. If David Hayter had gone in to do the Codecs, he could easily leak the unrevealed cast, assuming that they don't bring him back in every time a new character is revealed"

I actually remember that David Hayter himself had leaked Jigglypuff during brawl. lmao. Good times.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
There are now as many pages in this thread as there are days in a non-leap year on the Gregorian callendar.

Which are enough days for the Earth to take a whole trip around the sun.

I'd say that's a good record.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
So I heard during Smash 4 that the Isaac thread was even bigger than we are now. How big was it?

We're absolute huge right now, so imagining this being even bigger is crazy

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well for now we just need to do what we do always
See other people hating at Isaac
Calling Guests to enter the thread
Speaking about 50 cent
Debating about Swords
Debuking fake leaks
report about Golden Sun Playthoughs

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm a little surprised at the sudden negativity, considering nothing particularly notable has happened as of yet. The business day in Japan is far from over, and even if nothing comes of it, it's only Monday. The website posting something while waiting for any planned Direct reveal(s) is hardly unexpected, and Isaac having uneven performances on fan polls is hardly news (although that 5th place I saw today is pretty good!). As much as the wait is killing me, we've still got every reason to be optimistic about this Direct, and we know it's going to be shown sooner rather than later. Let's keep the faith!

Top Bottom