• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why does it say released August 2018?
Because it did. That's the whole point. They're released two weeks in advance. Just like how CoroCoro magazine releases one month in advance (actually most magazines do).

For someone who lives in Japan, he sure is **** when it comes to sampling Exit ballot data in Japan.
What the hell are you even talking about? First of all, he's the only one that did, and he was just reporting on as much as he could find online. Second of all, many of the characters he noted have already been added to the game, such as King K. Rool, for example. If anything he's been proven to have a pretty decent track record so far.

And that somehow means he's suddenly excused from using potentially skewed data?
What the hell are you even talking about?

Wait, so since bowser was the new daily update on the smash site, doesn't that basically confirm that we're getting just one newcomer from this direct? Seeing as we only missed Friday's blog post
Not at all. It means jack. By now they've likely updated the schedule.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so since bowser was the new daily update on the smash site, doesn't that basically confirm that we're getting just one newcomer from this direct? Seeing as we only missed Friday's blog post
Don't think so. Seems pretty likely a lack of an update on Friday was just due to shorter notice to switch around the schedule of updates. If there are multiple newcomers they could just switch around the order of scheduled updates for a bit until it naturally course corrects.

Edit: Also, hello! I've been lurking for a while. Isaac is one of the newcomers I'd be most excited to see, and it seems like y'all have a really lovely community here. Hoping to replay the GS games soon so that I can get myself all the more ready for his hopeful inclusion~

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Because it did. That's the whole point. They're released two weeks in advance. Just like how CoroCoro magazine releases one month in advance (actually most magazines do).

What the hell are you even talking about? First of all, he's the only one that did, and he was just reporting on as much as he could find online. Second of all, many of the characters he noted have already been added to the game, such as King K. Rool, for example. If anything he's been proven to have a pretty decent track record so far.

What the hell are you even talking about?

I mean that Dustin is NOT reliable when it comes to info of the sort. His info was laughable attempt at best. That's why he isn't reliable to me.

Sorry if that's makes NO sense to you.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I thought my point was pretty damn obvious. You're right. They can't print info at the same time as the Direct when they don't have much info. That's EXACTLY my point.

That issue says September 13, 2018. Here's something else that's currently on the website:

Sakurai's column is every other week. He just had a column this past week... I think? Or did it take a week for Source Gaming to translate it?
Not sure what your point is, you’re saying the date listed on the title is wrong?

The schedule for updates might have changed, given the circumstances.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Don't think so. Seems pretty likely a lack of an update on Friday was just due to shorter notice to switch around the schedule of updates. If there are multiple newcomers they could just switch around the order of scheduled updates for a bit until it naturally course corrects.
Right, that makes sense. I didn't think of that

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Not really. On August 8th (the smash direct) the blog showed Simon and King K. Rools character trailers. The blog can show multiple things when there is an announcement.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Nintendo better announce a new date soon before some more stuff starts leaking.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, from reading those PushDustin tweets, what I’ve gleaned from them is Famitsu won’t actually have info from this Direct until two weeks after the fact? Am I right?

Man, this is the worst ****ing timeline.

gspindles

Smash Rookie
D

Deleted member

Since we're starting to get a little antagonistic here, and I don't think N30N is around here, let's try to discuss something I mentioned over at another forum I frequent; Freakin' Awesome Network. On their Smash thread, I discussed that the the 3DS and Wii U versions should have just had exclusive fighters in both versions, and while we had those talks 5 years ago about how unfair that would be to owners of just one console, the fact that Sakurai largely looked at each game differently and sliced up the ideas meant he should have just attempted that, especially as the Wii U version was treated as the main course while the 3DS was just a hors d'ourve.

The comments on that thread pretty much agreed with my sentiments.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
what about that one They Might be Giants song talking about why living on the sun is a bad idea?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
For someone who lives in Japan, he sure is **** when it comes to sampling Exit ballot data in Japan.
What are you even talking about? Of the top 5 on his exit poll (K. Rool, Wolf, Roy, Bandana Dee and Inkling), 4/5 are now in the game. And of the top 10, Snake and Ice Climbers are also back.

I'd like to see actual evidence as to why his results are "****", instead of conjecture.

Of course, no one is saying you need to believe what he says 100% of the time, but he's a guy with a pretty good track record.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
What are you even talking about? Of the top 5 on his exit poll (K. Rool, Wolf, Roy, Bandana Dee and Inkling), 4/5 are now in the game. And of the top 10, Snake and Ice Climbers are also back.

I'd like to see actual evidence as to why his results are "****", instead of conjecture.

Of course, no one is saying you need to believe what he says 100% of the time, but he's a guy with a pretty good track record.
Who are you guys talking about? Is he a pollster or a leaker or??

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Who are you guys talking about? Is he a pollster or a leaker or??
PushDustIn, one of the guys at the head of SourceGaming he lives in Japan, has a history as a pretty reliable leakbuster, and understanding the industry. He's not a leaker.

I'm referring to his Japanese ballot exit poll he did back in 2015 here

Here's his Twitter for reference, he's been busy shutting down all these crazy leaks.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Where is the Sun playlist? And if it doesn't have it yet, I'd like to submit Sunburn - Muse for it.

Oh also, I don't buy the idea that the CoroCoro will have new Smash info. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Because it's been basically not taking into account different scenarios.

Silent Majorities.

Characters that are liked on other popular websites BESIDES twitter.

His "data" might be somewhat accurate, but with how it's managed, it's missing a lot of factors that are REQUIRED when sampling a huge crowd of people.

And the fact that his sample has been used as a reference just rubs me the wrong way.

(So no it isn't conjecture. -_- )

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
His data isn't the end all be all. idk why people use his poll as their only source for conjecture sometimes. However, that doesn't mean it's inaccurate. Also, silent majorities aren't a thing. As we've discussed before, the polls are accurate. "Silent majorities" aren't really how stats work. Which is still a good thing for us. That means Isaac is fairly popular worldwide, still.

Edit: if we're still suggesting sun songs
I Don't Believe in the Sun - Magnetic Fields
Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
His data isn't the end all be all. idk why people use his poll as their only source for conjecture sometimes. However, that doesn't mean it's inaccurate. Also, silent majorities aren't a thing. As we've discussed before, the polls are accurate. "Silent majorities" aren't really how stats work. Which is still a good thing for us. That means Isaac is fairly popular worldwide, still.
Uh. Yeah they are. For instance, I didn't say who I wanted in Smash, but I voted in some polls and in the ballot.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Because it's been basically not taking into account different scenarios.

Silent Majorities.

Characters that are liked on other popular websites BESIDES twitter.

His "data" might be somewhat accurate, but with how it's managed, it's missing a lot of factors that are REQUIRED when sampling a huge crowd of people.

And the fact that his sample has been used as a reference just rubs me the wrong way.

(So no it isn't conjecture. -_- )
It *is* entirely conjecture. Especially when you don't provide specifics or counter-examples. Obviously his sample size of 1.2k is small, but it's dishonest to say he "doesn't know what he's talking about" when his data has been more or less accurate. "It's managed badly and is missing factors" is not really a reasoning. But really, I'm not sure why this data is such a problem.

But here, have a much larger sample size, where the results basically line up. Here

But, just in case you're projecting out of fear for Isaac's place, Isaac's global results on that poll have him at literally second place. (Click the tabs) There's nothing to worry about as far as popularity.

Uh. Yeah they are. For instance, I didn't say who I wanted in Smash, but I voted in some polls and in the ballot.
No. They aren't. Trends are. When 50k results are recorded a certain way, that's a large enough sample size to predict trends for the ballot total of 1.8 million.

Silent majorities can't really exist for the ballot, because the only people who care enough to vote in it are Smash fans.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Still, you voted in some polls. The polls are fairly accurate. Anyone who was "silent" probably supported popular poll characters anyways, like K. Rool.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Ohhh I remember that ballot. Cant believe smash 4 was 3 years ago... I feel old lol

Twitter has a pretty sizable userbase. I think that's sufficient enough to make his poll one of the "go to" Twitter polls. Gives him a seat at the table alongside whatever polls are on top of reddit or facebook or youtube or more. Obviously the most accurate would be forming an average from all the largest polls and his is pretty large.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX I understand where you're coming from my dude but you gotta pump the breaks just a tad. I agree Push is wrong about Sakurai not suggesting more stages, but he is quite consistent. Should he be the only source? Absolutely not. That's why we use aggregates.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I would really love a GS game about when the world was at war with alchemy before it was sealed. Play as the people who sealed it.

Idk, there is a lot to do with Golden Sun

I just want it back

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Still, you voted in some polls. The polls are fairly accurate. Anyone who was "silent" probably supported popular poll characters anyways, like K. Rool.
In the context on Dustin's research, all he did was pick the TALK OF TWITTER to determine what characters were popular. So in this case, I'd say yeah, there is still some uncertainties to his data.

It *is* entirely conjecture. Especially when you don't provide specifics or counter-examples. Obviously his sample size of 1.2k is small, but it's dishonest to say he "doesn't know what he's talking about" when his data has been more or less accurate. "It's managed badly and is missing factors" is not really a reasoning. But really, I'm not sure why this data is such a problem.

But here, have a much larger sample size, where the results basically line up. Here

But, just in case you're projecting out of fear for Isaac's place, Isaac's global results on that poll have him at literally second place. (Click the tabs) There's nothing to worry about as far as popularity.

No. They aren't. Trends are. When 50k results are recorded a certain way, that's a large enough sample size to predict trends for the ballot total of 1.8 million.

Silent majorities can't really exist for the ballot, because the only people who care enough to vote in it are Smash fans.
Oh yeah. THat SSB4 data....the one that has sampled data from all over the Internet. (I.E. not twitter.)

And yeah. I'm totally not agreeing with any of you on this. I've said my reasons, and I'm sure as hell not repeating myself.

Good day.

XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX I understand where you're coming from my dude but you gotta pump the breaks just a tad. I agree Push is wrong about Sakurai not suggesting more stages, but he is quite consistent. Should he be the only source? Absolutely not. That's why we use aggregates.
Nah.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I would really love a GS game about when the world was at war with alchemy before it was sealed. Play as the people who sealed it.

Idk, there is a lot to do with Golden Sun

I just want it back
Pretty much while I'm hungry for more. So many loose ends and dark dawn just added more. Its also just fun to explore those ancient civilizations.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Good lord, there's a lot of hostility right here for some reason. Uh...so Isaac is pretty cool...

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Good lord, there's a lot of hostility right here for some reason. Uh...so Isaac is pretty cool...
Since I still frequent reddit and /v/ (even though I shouldn't) Smashboards never really gets hostile by my standards. I'd say mildly heated lol. But I suppose that's just me

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Since I still frequent reddit and /v/ (even though I shouldn't) Smashboards never really gets hostile by my standards. I'd say mildly heated lol. But I suppose that's just me
Yeah. I've seen a lot worse. This might be a low for our thread but not compared to the rest of the internet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Comparatively at least; this thread is chill as all hell most of the time (at least from what I've experienced).

Top Bottom