• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm a little surprised at the sudden negativity, considering nothing particularly notable has happened as of yet. The business day in Japan is far from over, and even if nothing comes of it, it's only Monday. The website posting something while waiting for any planned Direct reveal(s) is hardly unexpected, and Isaac having uneven performances on fan polls is hardly news (although that 5th place I saw today is pretty good!). As much as the wait is killing me, we've still got every reason to be optimistic about this Direct, and we know it's going to be shown sooner rather than later. Let's keep the faith!
I actually wasn't worried about his performance. He did very well from what i remember.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm a little surprised at the sudden negativity, considering nothing particularly notable has happened as of yet. The business day in Japan is far from over, and even if nothing comes of it, it's only Monday. The website posting something while waiting for any planned Direct reveal(s) is hardly unexpected, and Isaac having uneven performances on fan polls is hardly news (although that 5th place I saw today is pretty good!). As much as the wait is killing me, we've still got every reason to be optimistic about this Direct, and we know it's going to be shown sooner rather than later. Let's keep the faith!
Odds are they're probably waiting until NoA is on to post Nintendo Direct news.

And even then, it’s entirely possible they redid their update schedule over the weekend to account for the delay.
This exactly. I've already mentioned this as well. If the Direct is not happening right away, they don't want to just push updates back until it happens. It makes sense they'd reschedule blog updates and there just wasn't enough time for it to happen last week.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The title has brought us to ruin. Hurry, we must change it back before the unthinkable befells this thread.
This never happened under the rule of the authoritative yet judicious QU33N. It was a time of peace and prosperity, where hype was bountiful, civil unrest minimal, and support common between nations. Er, fanbases.

Democracy was a mistake, wasn't it. :p

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Here's an interesting question for you all: is it all but guaranteed that if Isaac gets in, Felix will be the Echo Fighter of Isaac? It's an insanely perfect opportunity to put him in especially when he functions almost exactly the same as Isaac, so I hope Sakurai knows about this.
I'm convinced that if Isaac was in then Felix would be guaranteed to show up as well.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm convinced that if Isaac was in then Felix would be guaranteed to show up as well.
I'm gonna be brutally honest, i don't think Isaac is gonna get an echo fighter. i'll gladly eat my own words if it does happen and would love Felix to join in. Just doesn't seem like it would to me though.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm gonna be brutally honest, i don't think Isaac is gonna get an echo fighter. i'll gladly eat my own words if it does happen and would love Felix to join in. Just doesn't seem like it would to me though.
I guess I'll be the neutral party and say, it's possible?

I definitely don't think it's out of the question, but I don't think it's super likely or "guaranteed" either.

I'd love it if we did get Felix as an echo though.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I guess I'll be the neutral party and say, it's possible?

I definitely don't think it's out of the question, but I don't think it's super likely or "guaranteed" either.

I'd love it if we did get Felix as an echo though.
It feels like a natural idea to come across if you're implementing Isaac anyway, and it seems to fall in line with the echos we've seen so far, but it's also a bit presumptuous on our part to assume an echo when we're hardly even assured the original character. I guess the good news is whenever we learn of Isaac's fate, we should learn Felix's as well.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So...is no one going to talk about the Karate Joe picture leaks?!? Because those look legit legit.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So...is no one going to talk about the Karate Joe picture leaks?!? Because those look legit legit.
Karate Joe picture leaks? You mean those ones with the weird logo for the Rhythm Heaven series and the Windows 98 folders? What does that have to do with Isaac?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It feels like a natural idea to come across if you're implementing Isaac anyway, and it seems to fall in line with the echos we've seen so far, but it's also a bit presumptuous on our part to assume an echo when we're hardly even assured the original character. I guess the good news is whenever we learn of Isaac's fate, we should learn Felix's as well.
I feel like it could go one way or the other.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it's fake, from reading the comments. One of them is about how Kirby color Metaknight doesn't have a blush.

Edit: "Guys this leak was literally disproven in the same thread. The Kirby skin has blush marks on its cheeks, the Meta knight Kirby skin doesn’t have blush marks. And he doesn’t have a shadow in the picture with game and watch. ****s fake guys, after being disproven the leaker posted a picture of Chef Boyardee on the CSS nothing but a troll."

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
On the theme of awesome "sun" songs, here's my favorite. It's a real blast in Rock Band for anyone who plays that game too!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I actually found this nice little theory on reddit on why David Hayter hasn't come n to do codecs for ultimate yet.

"Obviously, Sakurai doesn't want the smash roster to be leaked. If David Hayter had gone in to do the Codecs, he could easily leak the unrevealed cast, assuming that they don't bring him back in every time a new character is revealed"

I actually remember that David Hayter himself had leaked Jigglypuff during brawl. lmao. Good times.
So they might bring him in close to the game’s release date, have him record everything then? I guess that could make sense, and it would be cheaper than to make him record speeches for fake characters like with Xander Mobus.

DogManStar

Smash Ace

My favorite band. Another Sun tune.
Every time I see the name of that song it reminds me of the line from LCD Soundsystem's song "All My Friends" which references that Pink Floyd song there.

Also, as I'm looking through my last.fm account for songs that mention suns in the title, I realize that I have more songs referencing the Moon in their titles. I guess I'm gonna have to start looking for ones that mention the sun in their lyrics. I remembered that The Microphones - "I Want Wind to Blow" literally says "golden sun" in the lyrics but that's only in one line. I'll keep looking later.

Edit: btw what's your favorite Pink Floyd album? I've only heard Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here so far, so I'm not going to pick a favorite yet.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ok. I'm surprised the Karate Joe pic got debunked already. They looked pretty convincing.

On the topic of "Sun" related songs, I'm surprised no one has brought up this amazing piece:
Paper Sun by Def Leppard
https://youtu.be/82GweuYqUlo
Sorry, I don't know how to place the video on here though my phone.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So they might bring him in close to the game’s release date, have him record everything then? I guess that could make sense, and it would be cheaper than to make him record speeches for fake characters like with Xander Mobus.
I know it's strange to use Shrek as an example...But all of Mike Myers final dialogue was recorded in about 2 hours.
So it's possible to get that done in about a week tops.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Welp is Karate Joe is actually reveal.. he had maybe a tease at the end of DK trailer, so if that was a tease I think Sakurai tweeter pic should also be consider a tease, if he is reveal that is...

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Every time I see the name of that song it reminds me of the line from LCD Soundsystem's song "All My Friends" which references that Pink Floyd song there.

Also, as I'm looking through my last.fm account for songs that mention suns in the title, I realize that I have more songs referencing the Moon in their titles. I guess I'm gonna have to start looking for ones that mention the sun in their lyrics. I remembered that The Microphones - "I Want Wind to Blow" literally says "golden sun" in the lyrics but that's only in one line. I'll keep looking later.

Edit: btw what's your favorite Pink Floyd album? I've only heard Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here so far, so I'm not going to pick a favorite yet.
Wish You Were Here is probably my favorite, but there are others where they were firing on all cylinders with their music. Meddle and Animals are notable and some of their really early albums with Syd Barrett are really good too. This specific tune is off of Saucerful of Secrets where I think they really transitioned into the style they get to be more well known for later on. Great songs for zoning out and letting it carry you.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So I heard during Smash 4 that the Isaac thread was even bigger than we are now. How big was it?

We're absolute huge right now, so imagining this being even bigger is crazy
I think that was mainly because the time between the announcement of the game and its release was much longer than what it'll be for Ultimate. But it would be interested how many posts/active members have been on each thread on average or something like that, as opposed to comparing totals in such different conditions.

As a long-time SmashBoards reader and Isaac supporter, I can't say I remember a point in the past where there was THIS much hype for Isaac and general positive perception of his chances, but that's just my perception. Embarrass

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
THESE ARE THE SUN THEMED SONGS I'VE COLLECTED SO FAR. IF YOU GUYS HAVE MORE OR IF I'VE MISSED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW
Here comes the sun - George Harrison / misc versions to decide on
I'm walking on Sunshine
Sunburn - Muse
Let the Sunshine in - Aquarius
I don't believe in the sun - Magnetic Fields
Sunny Afternoon - The Kings
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Set the Controls for the Heart of the sun
Heart of the Sunrise -Yes - Fragie
The Sun rises from Okami
Fleet Foxes - Sun it Rises
A Sunday Smile -Beirut
God is an Astronaut - Age of the fifth Sun
Empire of the Sun - DNA
My Education - Sunset
Island in the Sun - Weezer
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Shine on Me (Amen) - Vanessa Bell Armstrong
Sun in the Rain -Initial D
Centre of the Sun - Conjure One feat.Poe
The House of the Rising Run - The Animals
Sonne - Rammstein
Blacken the Cursed Sun - Lamb of God
Watch the Sunrise - Big Star
When the Sun Hits - Slow Dive
Paper Sun - Def Leppard
Sunshine - Earth Wind and Fire
Walking on the Sun - (Smash Mouth)
The Sun'll come out tommorow - Annie
Sun in Shining - Bob Marley
SHORT SEGMENTS (Won't be included in poll)
Sun, Sun , Mister Golden Sun - Goku
Mr Golden Sun, please shine down on me
AFTER ISAAC IS HOPEFULLY CONFIRMED I'LL MAKE A STRAW-POLL TO DECIDE ON WHICH SONG WE SHOULD GO FOR IN THE VIDEO

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE ARE THE SUN THEMED SONGS I'VE COLLECTED SO FAR. IF YOU GUYS HAVE MORE OR IF I'VE MISSED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW
Here comes the sun
I'm walking on Sunshine
Sunburn - Muse
Heart of the Sunrise
The Sun rises from Okami
Beirut - A Sunday Smile
Empire of the Sun - DNA
My Education - Sunset
AFTER ISAAC IS HOPEFULLY CONFIRMED I'LL MAKE A STRAW-POLL TO DECIDE ON WHICH SONG WE SHOULD GO FOR IN THE VIDEO
You know it has to be 50 Cent. It was always going to end this way.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Here comes the sun
I'm walking on Sunshine
Sunburn - Muse
Heart of the Sunrise
The Sun rises from Okami
Beirut - A Sunday Smile
Empire of the Sun - DNA
My Education - Sunset
I mentioned "Weezer - Island in the Sun" awhile back in the thread.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hmm. I just had a thought. If Isaac (regardless of when) is revealed, considering he is a new IP wouldn't that mean he'd need a big segment on the Golden Sun franchise akin to Castlevania?

After all it was understandable that Inklings (the only other new IP) didn't as they got the honor of announcing the next Super Smash Bros title. Is there any bigger honor? Even Monster Hunter got a good chunk of honor out of all the Assist Trophies.

So considering that, I'm starting to think Isaac won't be revealed in the upcoming Direct. Mainly because he is the opening number to a Smash segment. Like Castlevania was to K Rool.

Either that or the next Direct has two newcomers for us to embrace

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I'm tired of waiting, so you know what ? I'm gonna do something positive.
Today, I'll start playing Golden Sun for the very first time.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Here comes the sun
I'm walking on Sunshine
Sunburn - Muse
Heart of the Sunrise
The Sun rises from Okami
Beirut - A Sunday Smile
Empire of the Sun - DNA
My Education - Sunset
Island in the Sun - Weezer
you forgot this ;)
Amen theme song

(even better someone animate Isaac reenacting the entire opening with him interacting with the other newcomers and entering the smash bros building)
The opening

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired of waiting, so you know what ? I'm gonna do something positive.
Today, I'll start playing Golden Sun for the very first time.
Ooh. Well I wonder how it will go for ya.
And my hype has kinda went to hibernation so now some apprehension is kinda trying to ease in and make me think there will be no GS content at all..

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So a while ago, I made a roster that I was quite content and happy with; believing it hit all the right notes while looking at both potential leaks as well as how it could benefit Smash. Wishing to continue in this direction, I have been writing up character information for each confirmed newcomer in my roster. As it takes some time to do, I am doing one character when I post unless under a special circumstance. First character is Issac.

Isaac

Issac Shakes It Out!
Isaac from Golden Sun is a hero in his own right and has saved the world multiple times. As Venus Adept, he can control the earth and nature. His son, Matthew, is the hero in Dark Dawn.

Tagline: The Venus Adept

Why Isaac?: Isaac is one of those characters that has had a large amount support even before Brawl and being regulated to an Assist did acknowledge that he had potential. However, he never appeared in Smash 4 so his fate in Smash is up in the air. Given we gitvtwo highly requested cgaracters, Isaac seems up to bat. Plus, a new series to boot.

Benefits: Like Kid Icarus, Punch-Out, Sin and Punsihment, and potentially Xenobkade, Dillon, and Bayonetta, Isaac’s inclusion could lead to a reboot of the series. Golden Sun content could also include Venus Lighthouse and a Felix Assist Trophy. Djinn could also be a Pokeball type summon which can be used to summon stronger creatures.

Game Play: Isaac would probably be a bit like Cloud in size but slower with a more defensive game. He relies on calculated moves rather than speed or brute strength.

Side Smash Helm Splitter: Performs a powerful overhead sword slash that deals more damage when it connects with the opponents head.

Up Smash Growth: Isaac summons a growth of vines to erupt all around him; both dealing damage as well as protecting him from harm.

Down Smash Quake: Releases energy to the ground which causes opponent sto trip within the vicinity.

Neutral Special Move: Isaac releases a non-damaging energy force in the shape of a hand that pushes the opponent forward. Performing it in the air causes the push to be angled downwards.

Side Special Thorn: Isaac releases a spear made of vines and thorns that stabs forward and is a great shield breaker.

Up Special Gaia: Isaac opens a rift of energy under him and catapults himself into the air using the force of Earth...along with anyone near him.

Down Special Avalanche: Summon several rocks to fall from the sky that functions like a slower Pikachu’s Thunder but deals more damage including a meteor smash for airborne opponents.

Final Smash Odyssey: Isaac calls forth two rapier-shaped swords which strikes the middle of the stage; roughly half the size of FD in an X shape. A larger more ornate sword smashes through them both straight down from the sky taking up slightly more than half of FD. This strike causes a large explosion.
Codecs:
:ultpit: Hey, this guy seems familiar…
:ultpalutena: That’s not surprising, pit. You probably saw him when you got him as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
:ultpit: Oh yeah! He was that guy who would launch those hand thingies. They were so annoying!
Viridi: Well, they are back!
:ultpit: Oh, no! What’s with this guy?!
:ultpalutena: Issac is his name. He is a Venus Adept.
:ultpit: Venus? As in the Goddess of Loooove?
Viridi: Hardly. He has power of the element of Earth and Nature. He can control the ground and plants.
:ultpit: Wow! That’s a handy ability to have! Good thing I have the power of Flight!
:ultpalutena: Sorry, Pit. This isn’t Brawl. You do have multiple jumps but you are practically grounded like the rest of cast.
:ultpit: Grrr!
Viridi: Isaac is a defensive fighter who when you find an opening, hit him hard!
:ultpit: Hey...how do you know about him? You weren’t even around back then!
Viridi: Haha! Unlike you, I read up on any enemies that appear in our way!
:ultpit: Hmmph

:ultsnake: Hey, look, it’s Isaac.
Mei Ling: You have quite the memory, Snake.
:ultsnake: I never forget a face. Especially a youngster who can throw energy hands everywhere.
Mei Ling: Well, he has more than just energy hands. He has access to a wide range of techniques.
:ultsnake: Yeah, and I got explosives.
Mei Ling: And a cardboard box. Do your techniques alter the very earth around you?
:ultsnake: If I explode it enough it does.
Mei Ling: Touche. Isaac can call upon the forces of nature. The very Earth you stan don is his weapon!
:ultsnake: Big deal. My very hands are a weapon.
Mei Ling: My, that’s some confidence. Just don’t get yourself hurt, Snake.

On-Screen Appearance: Appears within a stalagmite which bursts; revealing Isaac.

Taunts:
  1. Isaac holds his hands up and shows one of a number of objects found in Golden Sun.
  2. Isaac holds out both hands and powers up with Venus Psyenergy.
  3. Isaac causes a tall flower to bloom from the ground.
Victory Animations:
  1. Isaac summons a Venus Djinn which swirls around him.
  2. Isaac holds his sword up and jumps into the air.
  3. Isaac holds out one arm and brings out a Venus Djinn which swirls around him.

Assist Trophy: Felix: Felix appears and begins summon stalagmites to fall down around the stage; exploding with earthen might upon landing.

Stage: Venus Lighthouse: A three leveled stage centered around with a crumbling gray rock facade. It is located near a cascading waterfall that falls down the side. The stage has a day and night sequence.

Possibly Djinn could be collected as a stage mechanic which, upon collecting four Djinn, the player can summon a poweartful creature:

Judgement fires a holy energy blast which envelopes the stage in a powerful explosion of white light.
Tiamat arrives and casts fire about the stage while sending up fire fissures randomly.
Thor slams down to the stage and swings his great hammer down; causing wild sparks to shoot up around the stage.
Boreas shatters the ice encasing it and blows it according the stage; freezing anyone.
Eclipse requires 2 Jupiter and 2 Mercury Djinns. It hovers in the background and releases powerful energy beams at the stage.
Haures requires 2 Venus and 2 Mars Djinn. It appears from a black portal and releases numerous slashes across the stage.

Items

Djinn are definitely a possible item as opposed to a stage mechanic and would function like a Pokeball. However, here are some other ideas:

Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, and Mars Star: Powers up certain elemental moves.
Fairy Ring: negates negative status affects like Lip’s Stick or Jiggly’s Sleep.
Illusion Perfume: Breaking the bottle causes opponents controls to freak out sporadically causing erratic movements suddenly.

Music:

Victory Theme:

Trophies
Garet
Ivan
Mia
Jenna
Felix
Saturos and Mernardi
Alex
Sheba
Piers
Karst and Agatio
Matthew
Tyrell
Karis
Rief
Blados, Chalis, and Arcanos
Venus Lighthouse
Adult Isaac
Djinn
Judgement (summon)
Tiamat (summon)
Thor (summon)
Boreas (summon)
Eclipse (summon)
Haures (summon)

Kirby Hat: Consists of Isaac’s blonde hair and performs Move.

Alternate Palette
View attachment 163081

Yellow: Default
Blue: Matthew
Red: Garet
Purple: Ivan
White: Mia
Green: Felix
Pink: Jenna
Cyan: Alex

Potential Trailer

Olimar is seen walking around with his Pikmin and finds a Snitchbug and begins throwing Pikmin at it to take it down. Successful defeating the beast, Olimar goes off with its prize to breed for Pikmin when Olimar spots a strange creature he has never seen before. It has its body half buried in the ground with only its head visible. He tries pulling it but it begins to cry. Olimar pulls harder when all of a sudden, stalagmite juts out from the ground next to Olimar.

Frightened, Olimar looks and tries to run the other way when a second one juts up. He covers his head and starts shivering and shaking at his knees. The Pikmin around him though point and the camera swings to a figure standing against a rising yellow sun. The figure holds out his sword and vines begin growing all around Olimar. It grabs hold of him and him alone; leaving the Pikmin by themselves.

The creature, revealed to be a Venus Djinn flies over to Isaac who steps out of the glare of the sun. Cue splash scene Determined and slightly pissed, he prepares to throw Olimar into the sky when a Bulborb appears (the trailer paying no heed to the size different canon). The Bulborb jumps and devours Olimar who was covered in vines causing the Pikmin to be dismayed.

Isaac, seeing that Olimar probably wasn’t bad, readies his blade to defeat the Bulborb.

Cue gameplay footage

The ending scene consists of a now dead Bulborb lying on his back. The Pikmin jump up and down on the beasts belly so he can regurgitate the poor Captain which, he eventually does which catapults him high into the air...which Isaac intially intended to.

Isaac watches as Olimar gets launched into the stratosphere and the Pikmin rush after it and looks back at the screen, gives a “oh well” face, and shrugs his shoulder.

Other Notes

Technically speaking, Felix or Matthew could also serve as an Echo Fighter of Isaac with the former being listed on various leaks. However, Matthew is Isaac’s son and wears much of the same clothing so it’s not a stretch to suggest Matthew would be an echo fighter. It is possible that both could also be regulated as alt costume palettes like how Ike and Adult Ike is.

N3ON N3ON , how does this look? Anything I’m missing? Feel free to share this with your support thread.
Y'all see this post on the general discussion thread? Looks pretty solid!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm. I just had a thought. If Isaac (regardless of when) is revealed, considering he is a new IP wouldn't that mean he'd need a big segment on the Golden Sun franchise akin to Castlevania?

After all it was understandable that Inklings (the only other new IP) didn't as they got the honor of announcing the next Super Smash Bros title. Is there any bigger honor? Even Monster Hunter got a good chunk of honor out of all the Assist Trophies.

So considering that, I'm starting to think Isaac won't be revealed in the upcoming Direct. Mainly because he is the opening number to a Smash segment. Like Castlevania was to K Rool.

Either that or the next Direct has two newcomers for us to embrace
No I don't think so. They didn't do a big huge explanation on Inklings right away either. And even then they didn't spend all the time on Splatoon once they did get around to it that they did with Castlevania. Castlevania is pretty clearly a special case.

They could easily line up GS content in one trailer or even slowly reveal it over time. As it's not a third party it doesn't need a big huge spectacle.

Announce Isaac, show him on a brand new stage, show a brief clips of Felix right at the end. And somewhere along the way slip in a random AT appearance (by Jenna I presume). Heck they could even wait on Felix if he's in and not show him right away if they really wanted to.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I don't believe this latest leak one sec. It's too similar with what we always talk about. At this point leakers give us what we want to hear.

As for the Karate Joe images, they were proven fake.

Top Bottom