• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

D

Deleted member

Man, I'm hoping they announce something before Wednesday; don't want to get spoiled by the Famitsu leak.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Man, I'm hoping they announce something before Wednesday; don't want to get spoiled by the Famitsu leak.
There's a Famitsu leak?? What is it about. Famitsu are the only historical leakers I ever felt where 100% trustworthy.

D

Deleted member

There's a Famitsu leak?? What is it about. Famitsu are the only historical leakers I ever felt where 100% trustworthy.
No, the next Weekly Famitsu will talk about what was supposed to have been revealed on the 6th.

As far as I'm concerned, it might as well be a "leak" unless the Direct is posted before it gets in the hands of people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's supposed to be information about Smash Bros from the latest direct in the upcoming issue of Famitsu. (which I believe may start leaking around Tuesday)

So people are thinking that there may be an interview that mentions an unrevealed newcomer.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Not yet that I'm aware of.
Famitsu publishes this Tuesday and might have Smash news on it.
(The cover already says it)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2266604
*Edit: Apparently this is the last issue cover, my bad

Since they print over the weekend, people expect leaks to happen within these days.

Even if nothing happens we'll have the info that Famitsu had on Smash by Tuesday.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Not yet that I'm aware of.
Famitsu publishes this Tuesday and will have Smash news on it. (The cover already says it)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2266604

Since they print over the weekend, people expect leaks to happen within these days.

Even if nothing happens we'll have the info that Famitsu had on Smash by Tuesday.
That says release date: August 30. I don’t think that’s anything new...

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
That says release date: August 30. I don’t think that’s anything new...
Crap you're right.
I did a bit more digging and apparently that's the last issues's cover.
Fixed my post.

Still, it's likely Famitsu to have some sort of news that were going to be covered during the direct.
So that's where the "leaks" are expected to come from.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Something just occurred to me.

Let's imagine for a moment that the reason there was no blog post was because there was going to be a character reveal.....but what if there were echo characters in that direct too? Would that mean Monday might not get an update either?

For reference when new characters were revealed in August, Simon Belmont and King K. Rool were posted together the day afterwards (Friday) and then Richter was posted on Monday. (the other echoes came later in the week but they're not really relevant here)

Though you would think they would have enough time by Monday to swap in a different blog post if they need it.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Let's imagine for a moment that the reason there was no blog post was because there was going to be a character reveal.....but what if there were echo characters in that direct too? Would that mean Monday might not get an update either?

For reference when new characters were revealed in August, Simon Belmont and King K. Rool were posted together the day afterwards (Friday) and then Richter was posted on Monday. (the other echoes came later in the week but they're not really relevant here)

Though you would think they would have enough time by Monday to swap in a different blog post if they need it.
Then I'd imagine the Felix idea might actually be a reality.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

I guess we have to wait and see on monday

I think their whole posting schedule is messed up at this point so I don't know if any more patterns and such can be followed anymore

D

Deleted member

There's one of two thoughts to this;

1. The Echo is Felix, who would also be revealed in the Isaac trailer.
2. The Echoes are characters that were built upon existing models, which I suggested Medusa and Ken Masters to be.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wow, this thread slowed down big time, huh? Weird to be seeing such a throwback to the olden days, when nobody thought Isaac could make it.

Then again, all of Smashboards appears to be hibernating, so I guess that’s the consequence of being at apex hype and then abruptly brought down.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I visited the general discussion chat for the first time in a month and honestly, it surprises me how many people there are suddenly calling Isaac within the top contenders and how he wouldn't be a surprising reveal, given that just after E3, whenever you mentioned Isaac in that thread, you'd be a clear minority and people would often shoot down the suggestion.

I swear though, if Isaac gets revealed and everyone goes revisionist on us about how he was "obviously getting into the game" I might crack.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I visited the general discussion chat for the first time in a month and honestly, it surprises me how many people there are suddenly calling Isaac within the top contenders and how he wouldn't be a surprising reveal, given that just after E3, whenever you mentioned Isaac in that thread, you'd be a clear minority and people would often shoot down the suggestion.

I swear though, if Isaac gets revealed and everyone goes revisionist on us about how he was "obviously getting into the game" I might crack.
I will seriously facepalm.

NONE OF YALL GUYS SAID HE HAD A CHANCE. NOW YOU ALL BELIEVE, huh?!

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

All it takes is one rumor and not only will people say its likely. People out of nowhere will start pushing for it and supporting it because of how likely its become.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Been messing with Google trends for a bit, found some interesting stuff.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=Ridley Smash,Isaac Smash,Banjo Smash,King K Rool Smash,Geno Smash

K. Rool is a bit of an outlier despite having a noticable bump on the ballot (it lines up with results when you see US and Japan though) , but it seems search trends line up quite decently with what we would expect.

Fun stuff: Isaac beats everyone in Spain during the ballot, and Mexico really likes Banjo for some reason

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
All it takes is one rumor and not only will people say its likely. People out of nowhere will start pushing for it and supporting it because of how likely its become.

Before Rumor: "he's not gonna be in."

After Rumor: "HES TOTALLY GONNA BE IN GUYS. GOD. WHY WERE U SO WORRIED IN THE FIRST PLACE SMH."

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Been messing with Google trends for a bit, found some interesting stuff.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=Ridley Smash,Isaac Smash,Banjo Smash,King K Rool Smash,Geno Smash

K. Rool is a bit of an outlier despite having a noticable bump on the ballot (it lines up with results when you see US and Japan though) , but it seems search trends line up quite decently with what we would expect.

Fun stuff: Isaac beats everyone in Spain during the ballot.

Makes sense!

My boy is popular with Spain! Mexico too! Isaac is def EU pick

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Among gs fans the popularity shifts between Isaac and Felix

Among smash fans its a different story though, most of them don't even know who felix is. So this is kinda similar to Simon and richter, with Simon being the icon and richter being one of the favorites for castlavania fans. It would be sweet for gs to get the castlevania treatment in smash, as unlikely as it probably seems

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
If that’s so, am sorry but I’m gonna pick Felix over Isaac.
There’d be a fair chance for me to do this as well. I love Isaac and he’d still be one of my mains, but I think Felix making it in along with Isaac would be so over-the-top for GS fans that I would use him so much just out of sheer joy at seeing all the rep for the series.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Literally any character in a nutshell. Why do you think Incineroar became a popular pick out of nowhere? Lol
Yep. No hate to Skull Kid or Incineroar, but I only started really seeing them pop up in speculation after rumors hinted at them. Skull Kid wasn’t even a very popular ballot pick honestly.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yep. No hate to Skull Kid or Incineroar, but I only started really seeing them pop up in speculation after rumors hinted at them. Skull Kid wasn’t even a very popular ballot pick honestly.
While true, he's a character that *actually* tends to be popular outside of Smash circles. The mask and game are such an incredibly iconic part of Nintendo history, moreso than any other Zelda "one shot", that I could see Sakurai considering it for the "Ultimate" Smash for that reason.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
While true, he's a character that *actually* tends to be popular outside of Smash circles. The mask and game are such an incredibly iconic part of Nintendo history, moreso than any other Zelda "one shot", that I could see Sakurai considering it for the "Ultimate" Smash for that reason.
Yeah, Skull Kid is definitely a big character. I do think a lot of people want him, it’s just that he was an AT during the ballot, which I feel might have hindered his support. It’s definitely possible that he gets in though.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
People like Vaati more, they just don't know it yet :happysheep:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, Skull Kid is definitely a big character. I do think a lot of people want him, it’s just that he was an AT during the ballot, which I feel might have hindered his support. It’s definitely possible that he gets in though.
At the same time, Ridley was a stage boss as well. Granted, their popularity is definitely on different levels, and obvious Sakurai had been acknowledging Ridley's popularity for years, but I wouldn't count him out.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Incenroar I understand...

But skull kid? Someone who wasn't popular during the Ballot era? Idk. I feel like if Skull Kid was chosen over the tons of other picks who got tons of votes, it would seem a bit unfair.

(We've already established that Pokémon gets special treatment, but I doubt they'll make an exception for Zelda.)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Pokemon to me is a very special case, there is so many possibilities for a newcomer that would work it's very hard to predict.
Its really not too hard to predict. You can easily narrow it down. Either you're getting a starter, a legendary, or the most promoted Pokemon at the time. (Greninja / Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario). The only obvious exception to this being Pikachu and Jigglypuff (or possibly even a ballot pick at this point).

Just make a list and start crossing things off based on this and I'm sure you won't be surprised who pops up. With Smash Ultimate, however, the ballot is the current unknown element in play. Either Pokemon promotes another character, or we get a ballot pick. This is honestly a rare case.

Now in Skull Kid's defense, I have seen him talked about even before the ballot. He was a pretty popular contender in the Project M voting thread just before Smash for Wii U. So I'd say he was always a popular contender. It wouldn't surprise me one bit seeing him pop up just based on that context alone.

Mind you, he isn't a choice I'm pulling for. But I do understand he IS popular.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
According to VGChartz Golden Sun only do 380k in Europe. Is the region where GS had less sales compared to the 900k in USA and the 400k in Japan.
Is funny that there is where Golden Sun is most remembered. And spanish people themselves think they have bad taste

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Its really not too hard to predict. You can easily narrow it down. Either you're getting a starter, a legendary, or the most promoted Pokemon at the time. (Greninja / Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario). The only obvious exception to this being Pikachu and Jigglypuff (or possibly even a ballot pick at this point).

Just make a list and start crossing things off based on this and I'm sure you won't be surprised who pops up. With Smash Ultimate, however, the ballot is the current unknown element in play. Either Pokemon promotes another character, or we get a ballot pick. This is honestly a rare case.
That still leaves a lot of starters, legendaries, promoted and odd balls ones to choose from though.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Among gs fans the popularity shifts between Isaac and Felix

Among smash fans its a different story though, most of them don't even know who felix is. So this is kinda similar to Simon and richter, with Simon being the icon and richter being one of the favorites for castlavania fans. It would be sweet for gs to get the castlevania treatment in smash, as unlikely as it probably seems
The more I think about it, the more it seems likely that both Isaac AND Felix can show up. Has anyone noticed that several IPs that have not been touched in a while are now getting more fighters now like DK (finally), Metroid (also finally) for examples? It makes sense to have Felix appear as an echo.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Top Bottom