• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I've been warily optimistic about Isaac getting in, and I'd be thrilled to see him- you can add me to the supporter list!

Personally, I think this is do or die for XC2- if their newcomer doesn't get released just before their DLC to advertise it, I think they've missed the ship. While I'd be sad, hopefully it paves the way for Isaac.

Is talking about potential leaks here frowned upon? If not...

This leak here correctly guessed the Direct date (wrong time though) and said that Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition was coming to the Switch. Well, FFXVPE Switch was announced today, probably instead of waiting for the Direct, so it makes the leak seem more legitimate.

And surprise surprise, Isaac was supposed to be in it (and Incineroar, sigh). I personally don't believe it fully, but I'd be thrilled if it was right.
Leaks are 100% fine. That one doesn't seem correct (missing Yoshi game and Gillybal the Pokemon sounds a little similar to something else eh?"

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I've been warily optimistic about Isaac getting in, and I'd be thrilled to see him- you can add me to the supporter list!

Personally, I think this is do or die for XC2- if their newcomer doesn't get released just before their DLC to advertise it, I think they've missed the ship. While I'd be sad, hopefully it paves the way for Isaac.

This leak here correctly guessed the Direct date (wrong time though) and said that Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition was coming to the Switch. Well, FFXVPE Switch was announced today, probably instead of waiting for the Direct, so it makes the leak seem more legitimate.

And surprise surprise, Isaac was supposed to be in it (and Incineroar, sigh). I personally don't believe it fully, but I'd be thrilled if it was right.
I believe we went over this leak earlier in the thread. Can't remember what page. But I'm certain we discussed it already.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I always would think as a kid I was a water adept since I am an Aquarius, but when I got older, I found out Aquarius is a WIND element. Which blows my mind since it's the water bearer. However, since I was born in the year of the dog I am an earth element I believe.

So I could be Earth or Wind...which has me thinking that I could be an Earth Adept in the Ninja Class (same with Wind but they don't get a major stat boost)
Using both Earth and Wind Psynergy.

What is your element sign from Astronomy vs Chinese Element?
What kind of Adept would you be? What would be your class?
as a Libra mines Air but my ruling planet is Venus ;)

as for me when i think about it Isaac, Garet, Ivan Piers, Jenna, Felix, Sheba

Edit: I don't really care who gets in IF isaac gets in at this point, Inceneroar is one of the most Meh designs imo and there's way better pokemon they could do I just wish nintendo wouldn't limit themselves to gen 7 Golurk would be a hella cool design XD

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Rex could still get in as DLC. Since the roster was finalized in 2015/2016.

Rememeber Corrin? They could still add him in like that.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
If Nintendo makes a remake of the first two GS's. How would you like the map? All together like Zelda and Xeno, or the towns, dungeons separated?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I always would think as a kid I was a water adept since I am an Aquarius, but when I got older, I found out Aquarius is a WIND element. Which blows my mind since it's the water bearer. However, since I was born in the year of the dog I am an earth element I believe.

So I could be Earth or Wind...which has me thinking that I could be an Earth Adept in the Ninja Class (same with Wind but they don't get a major stat boost)
Using both Earth and Wind Psynergy.

What is your element sign from Astronomy vs Chinese Element?
What kind of Adept would you be? What would be your class?
I'm a Scorpio (water), born in the Year of the Goat (earth), which means I'm somewhere between Mercury and Venus.

D

Deleted member

If Nintendo makes a remake of the first two GS's. How would you like the map? All together like Zelda and Xeno, or the towns, dungeons separated?
The main issue would be that while you see the whole world, you technically would have a Point of No Return. The Lost Age sorta ties in the difficulties of going back by addressing topography as well as the fact that Felix's party would be a wanted gang, even if the actual culprits were dead.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hurrah!
---
An update on my playthrough.
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 5.PNG

It took me basically two nights to reach Lalivero/Babi Lighthouse and get all the Djinn, Golden Sun is not a long game. This is how the Djinn fell on the characters, though I moved Isaac to the end of the party for a little bit so that he could get Luff and become a Conjurer... this actually resulted in a few deaths so I paid my price... :laugh:

As a Conjurer, Isaac is... well... better than everyone else. Garet and Mia have areas they are better in, but Isaac has them beat in every other aspect.

Ivan, however... stat wise Isaac is simply better than him in every way.
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 5c Isaac.PNG
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 5c Garet.PNG

Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 5c Ivan.PNG
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 5c Mia.PNG

It's interesting how close everyone's stats are with the Djinni they have.

In terms of Psynergy:
I've already gone over Isaac; he has Astral Blast, Mother Gaia, High Impact (boost party Attack), Resist (boost party Resistance), Enfeeble (lower Enemy party resistance), Delude, Sleep, Haunt and Curse.​
Garet has Cutting Edge, Mad Blast, Ply Well, Wish Well, Cure Poison, Restore, Avoid and Protect (boost party Defense). It's unfortunate that he has the lowest PP, because he's a really good healer otherwise.​
Ivan has Blue Bolt, Mad Growth (Growth), Cure Well, Revive, Resist and Bind. Basically he's like a fusion between the mono-type Isaac and Ivan :laugh:.​
Mia has Drench (Douse), Hail Prism, Eruption, Wish Well, Cure Poison and Restore. She only recently got Wish and Eruption, so Garet and Ivan have been doing most of the healing.​
Isaac is the only team member without any healing Psynergy; and I've been going through the entire game with only Spritz for multi-target healing. It's crazy how I've only just gotten Wish (and Wish Well along with it) in the End Game, and two characters got it at once! :laugh:

Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 5b.PNG

This is what the party's Djinn would look like if I gave them the Djinn they had the most of, but kept them in the same class-type as Isaac, none of them gain new Psynergy, but their stats boost to Isaac's level, so I might go with this if I need to.
Garet becomes a Luminier, Ivan becomes a Druid and Mia becomes a Water Monk, they're just the advanced versions of the classes they're already in.

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Well if I were to be a character it'd probably be an Alex, Mia, or Piers since I'm so water heavy. Scorpio and Rat. And I'm glad that they have power again. Maybe things are settling somewhat over there.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's worse than I was expecting. Definitely a sad situation. That anecdote at the beginning was pretty saddening...

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
That's even worse than what was publicized before.

Japan is going through some bad times. :<
But will always impress me is their response.

They had relief efforts en route basically before the ground had even fully settled. Food Water and Generators were set up within a day and their rescue teams worked tirelessly through the night.

Much respect from this onlooker.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, I'll be playing Prime 2 and Golden Sun until the direct date is announced

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I MEANT METROID PRIME 2.

I derped out for a few minutes.
Ah my favorite Prime title (Despite the lack of Ridley). I have been playing other older games that are represented in Smash. Right now I am on Pikmin (the first one). It is slow going due to college classes.

Question time: What/how will the crowd cheer for Isaac in Smash?

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
What are people here's ideas for the standard G.S. trophies that would inevitably be in the game if Isaac's in?

Also, could someone add me to the supporter list?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So I just want the Issac fanbase to know that I stand behind them and support their character. I haven't played Golden Sun (although it's on the list, and a lot of that has to do with how many people talk about it in this community), but I really want Issac for all of you. I admire your passion and dedication to a character that has had so much going against them. That said, I really feel like this might be his time. You deserve it. He really looks like he could be amazing as well.

KMDP

Smash Legend
People were talking about their star signs a little bit ago.

For the record, I'm a Capricorn, which is apparently Earth elemental. I was also born in the Year of the Horse (1990), which was "Metal Horse".

The Metal element of the Chinese Wu Xing philosophy is associated with Venus, but the Horse Zodiac is a Fire Elemental.

So... that's two parts Earth and one part Fire...
*checks Golden Sun*

A Venus Adept with 5 Venus Djinn and 4 Mars Djinn is of the Savage Class ("Gladiator" in the Japanese version) of the Brute class series.
(Yes, I'm aware that it should really be 6V/3M, but the Adept themselves also counts as an Element, which actually makes the above number 6V/4M, and the other number 7V/3M, neither really work).

It's got some cool moves: for Offensive Psynergy it's got the Growth, Spire and Blast (Starburst in DD) Psynergy series, along with Revive, Debilitate, Haunt, Curse and Condemn.

The Brute Class also has Planet Diver, but only at the Berserker level, which is one above Savage.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Ah my favorite Prime title (Despite the lack of Ridley). I have been playing other older games that are represented in Smash. Right now I am on Pikmin (the first one). It is slow going due to college classes.

Question time: What/how will the crowd cheer for Isaac in Smash?
I'm having a bit of difficulty trying to navigate through the desert area.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo's never even approached basic competency when it comes to online, but the way they plan to do cloud saves seems stupid at best and disastrous at worst. The only incentive I have to pay for it now is smash, and we STILL know nothing about that

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
When Isaac hopefully gets in we need a video in this style called "THE SUN SHINES AGAIN" where we could have the Beatles song 'Here comes the sun' towards the end. It would be magnificent

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I'd be careful about using Beatles stuff on YouTube. idk if it's like this anymore, but using a Beatles song in your vid about a year or two ago would definitely get it pulled from what I remember. I think I'm starting to see their songs on YouTube again though, so they might have stopped taking stuff down.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice

For the record, I'm a Capricorn, which is apparently Earth elemental. I was also born in the Year of the Horse (1990), which was "Metal Horse".

The Metal element of the Chinese Wu Xing philosophy is associated with Venus, but the Horse Zodiac is a Fire Elemental.

*checks Golden Sun*

A Venus Adept with 5 Venus Djinn and 4 Mars Djinn is of the Savage Class ("Gladiator" in the Japanese version) of the Brute class series.
(Yes, I'm aware that it should really be 6V/3M, but the Adept themselves also counts as an Element, which actually makes the above number 6V/4M, and the other number 7V/3M, neither really work).

It's got some cool moves: for Offensive Psynergy it's got the Growth, Spire and Blast (Starburst in DD) Psynergy series, along with Revive, Debilitate, Haunt, Curse and Condemn.

The Brute Class also has Planet Diver, but only at the Berserker level, which is one above Savage.
Mine would be Taurus Earth Rabbit: Earth Earth & Wood. So basically Earth and strictly Earth.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
So at this point a good time for the direct would be Sunday night (Monday in japan) right? I feel like that's the most likely scenario

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'd be careful about using Beatles stuff on YouTube. idk if it's like this anymore, but using a Beatles song in your vid about a year or two ago would definitely get it pulled from what I remember. I think I'm starting to see their songs on YouTube again though, so they might have stopped taking stuff down.
If we can't use that there are other sun related songs like "I'm walking on sunshine" or various others

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So at this point a good time for the direct would be Sunday night (Monday in japan) right? I feel like that's the most likely scenario
That's my guess , though it could be the full week delay we saw from the Splatoon 2 datamine or even longer. Mostly depends on factors we really don't know much about, particularly how much editing they may need to do and whether Famitsu will actually publish Direct info in next week's issue.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice

*checks Golden Sun*

Lol, Im also Capricorn from the metal horse year.

I always played GS with pure classes, so I was rarely used growth. (Mostly when I ended up with extra Djinns of certain element.)
I've been thinking that maybe I should replay trying out different classes for fun.

Though Im holding my hopes high for some kind of HD remake for the switch.
...one can dream

That's my guess though, could just be the week delay we saw in the Splatoon 2 datamine. Mostly depends on factors we can't really tell from what we know, particularly how much editing they may need to do and whether Famitsu will actually publish Direct info in next week's issue.
I wouldn't count in the Splatoon datamine.
That change was literally within the hour of the cancellation, no way they planned the new date just after cancelling.
They probably just changed it to a safe point in the future.

Last edited:

SlyRocko

Smash Rookie
Ok so my astrological sign is Pisces which is water and I'm apparently a Snake (Also water) but my name literally means "Tri Venus" so I guess I'm a Seer or a Swordsman :)

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
That change was literally within the hour of the cancellation, no way they planned the new date just after cancelling.
They probably just changed it to a safe point in the future.
For sure, but it's not an unreasonable estimate and we don't have any better clues at this point. Definitely holding onto hope for an announcement by end of Saturday in Japan.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Hello everyone! I've been far too busy with other parts of the Isaac for Smash campaign to keep up with the thread sadly, but I'm very happy to see it grow so fast!

I'm just here to share a... French meme about Golden Sun.

It got 1.5K likes and 500 RTs so there definitely is no doubt that France likes Golden Sun a lot!
To explain quickly why it's funny, what's written on the Djinn are the translations of their respective elements. The thing is, the four translated words make the first lyrics of a very well known song by Michel Sardou (search "Les Lacs du Connemara", if you want to listen to how it sounds), mostly popular with older people but well even young ones know it... x)

That was Falgor, reporting Golden Sun weirdness coming from France. See you later!

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I like this game!

I'm a Libra (Wind), 1984 Wood Rat (Earth/Water).

Venus, Jupiter and Mercury means I am a Tri Class. In this case, I am a Medium, possibly the worst tri element class in the game. RIP.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Wait I think I messed up on the zodiac bit. So I'm a Scorpio but born in a year of Fire? Which also happens to be Rat? So I'm Water Water Fire? What would that entail and did I do that right?

Top Bottom