• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys... I noticed something
I was looking videos that "Predict the Direct 6" and most of the thumb of huge channels have like Geno, Waddle Dee and Skull Kid, medium channels have Isabelle, Shadow, and either Isaac/Waddle Dee, and small channels Geno and Isaac most(with a Skull kid sometimes).
Maybe thats why some people think no one thinks about Isaac? Because the huge channels focus more in others?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Guys... I noticed something
I was looking videos that "Predict the Direct 6" and most of the thumb of huge channels have like Geno, Waddle Dee and Skull Kid, medium channels have Isabelle, Shadow, and either Isaac/Waddle Dee, and small channels Geno and Isaac most(with a Skull kid sometimes).
Maybe thats why some people think no one thinks about Isaac? Because the huge channels focus more in others?

1. Isaac's game isn't nearly as relavant as the other picks.
2. He wasn't mentioned by sakurai.

Honestly, if Isaac is going to be revealed, and people say "THAT WAS COMPLETELY OUTTA NOWHERE."

I'm just gonna facepalm.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I’m not too late to rate my favorites!

Isaac > Mia > Felix > Piers > Jenna > Garet > Ivan > Sheba

Special shoutout to Sveta! It’s been a long time since I played Dark Dawn but she’s the only one that really stood out to me.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
1. Isaac's game isn't nearly as relavant as the other picks.
2. He wasn't mentioned by sakurai.

Honestly, if Isaac is going to be revealed, and people say "THAT WAS COMPLETELY OUTTA NOWHERE."

I'm just gonna facepalm.
Well in revelance ANYONE wins against Geno(since well he is from a single SNES game)
I think no one except Ridley, Geno, Takamaru, Waluigi, and people that are alredy in the game were Mentioned

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Wait, so was the blog post pattern or the "3 characters a week" pattern was broken?

Hmm, suspicious.
I assuming they thought they would going to show off the new characters, just like they did with King K Rool, Simon and
basically any new character that got announced in smash.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Boulder > Kraden > Donpa > Babi > Dora > Mayor of Vale > Old Man Healer > The Wise One

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Being an Enchanter has it's perks.
Never even knew that was a class Isaac could get. Honestly, I never really toyed with switching up the Djinn on the team when I originally played the game, but I was always intrigued.

Maybe I should do a new playthrough and do exactly that. :grin:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait, so was the blog post pattern or the "3 characters a week" pattern was broken?

Hmm, suspicious.
"3 characters a week" has ALREADY been broken. We've had weeks with 4 and 2. Its just most often 3 characters in a week, but not always.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well in revelance ANYONE wins against Geno(since well he is from a single SNES game)
I think no one except Ridley, Geno, Takamaru, Waluigi, and people that are alredy in the game were Mentioned
Humans are complicated creatures...

But yeah. I agree.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Isaac > Garet > Felix > Jenna > Piers > Ivan > Mia > Sheba

This is my list, although I don't hate anyone that's not up there with top 3, but these are the characters
I enjoyed more while playing through the game.

Also Garet needs some love, he's awesome!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Never even knew that was a class Isaac could get. Honestly, I never really toyed with switching up the Djinn on the team when I originally played the game, but I was always intrigued.

Maybe I should do a new playthrough and do exactly that. :grin:
Enchanter's a pretty good class (though, as the GS Wiki says, it's overshadowed by Ninja and Samurai). If I get one more Jupiter Djinn on him, he'll become a Conjurer.

At the point I'm at, Isaac has High Impact (boost Party Attack), Resist (boost Party Resistance), Delude, Sleep, Haunt and Curse.

The status moves carried me through Colosso, I could have walked through Colosso, without using the Help Feature, and not taken a single hit point of damage if I wanted. None of the Gladiators resist Sleep, and only the second resists Curse.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I wish I could join in the rating festivities, I haven't played any Golden Sun game yet! (In fact, a major reason I support Isaac is so I can play some Golden Sun, because I suspect I'd love it). That having been said, I stand by my prediction that Isaac is in the next direct. As for the new date, I'd say Sunday (in America), to prevent any Famitsu leaks, as well as get it out there before all the hype dries up.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I wish I could join in the rating festivities, I haven't played any Golden Sun game yet! (In fact, a major reason I support Isaac is so I can play some Golden Sun, because I suspect I'd love it). That having been said, I stand by my prediction that Isaac is in the next direct. As for the new date, I'd say Sunday (in America), to prevent any Famitsu leaks, as well as get it out there before all the hype dries up.
i hope you get to playing a game sometime soon imma go back and play the first two just to see where it all started

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
People don't appreciate how good is Garet as a comic relief. We don't deserve Isaac :v

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Also...

Isaac > Piers > Felix > Garet > Jenna > Mia > Sheba > Ivan

Leave poor baby Garet alone. Embarrass

And while we're at it:

Matthew > Eoleo > Amiti > Himi > Karis > Tyrell > Sveta > Rief

:upsidedown:

Last edited:

SlyRocko

Smash Rookie
Oh we doing character preference ranks? :^)

Isaac > Piers > Felix > Sheba > Mia > Garet > Jenna > Saturos and Menardi > Ivan > Everyone else > Kraden

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915
Donpa/Lunpa (secondary quest in GS 1)>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

D

Deleted member

If you had to pick who was more useless from Dark Dawn between Tyrell and Rief, who'd you pick?

I'd go with Tyrell, largely because Eoleo is such as badass, and is nowhere near as stupid. Amiti is a much better Adept than Rief (I mean, he's the son of Alex!), but it feels like, stat-wise, they are interchangeable.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Just gonna put Kraden at the bottom of my rankings, if only because he tends to be the reason why cutscenes are so bloody long in Lost Age and Dark Dawn.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
If you had to pick who was more useless from Dark Dawn between Tyrell and Rief, who'd you pick?

I'd go with Tyrell, largely because Eoleo is such as badass, and is nowhere near as stupid. Amiti is a much better Adept than Rief (I mean, he's the son of Alex!), but it feels like, stat-wise, they are interchangeable.
Tyrell gets a bad rep. He got shoved to the floor by Karis and a lecture for using Psynergy in public when everyone knows non-adepts can't see it.

Last edited:

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Guys... I just figured why every anti-Isaac think he's juste an average swordman. BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SEE PSYNERGY IF THEY'RE NOT ADEPTS !

Ahem... Sorry.

And here is my ranking :

Jenna > Isaac > Garet > Piers > Mia > Ivan > Felix > Sheba

I really don't like Sheba, her design, how she appears in the game (for me, she's just like Himi, too late and given too sudden importance at the end of GS1, and she never brings too much to the team. I also hate her hairstyle so much lmao.)

For a long time, I hated Felix for taking Isaac's place as the protagonist. As long I was playing as a kid, I was like "where's my team ?! I wonder what Isaac is doing now... I don't care about freaking Felix and Sheba !" So, in the end, even if I don't hate him anymore, I didn't grew any sympathy for him. I also found stupid that he stopped talking as soon as GS2 starts...

Ivan neved did or say something that marked me. But I kinda like the guy, and his utility psynergy are the best.

I love how Mia doesn't act like she looks. She can be bitter and easily angry despite her really kind nature. I like that !

Piers is only character who has a background wich is really used for the continuity of the games. We must save him from a quiproquo and he later bring us to a mystery place. He also has really neat ice psynergies, where Mia was kind of a cliché healer.

Garet is just really fun to me. He's the perfect best friend : failing, joking, supporting and be mad at you. I love the guy (but hate his son).

Isaac is just the face of Golden Sun to me. Also, he got me so hyped when he start talking for the first time (even the "!!!"). I was so glad to have him back.

Jenna was my first video game character crush. She also posess my a lot of my favorite psynegies : Searing Beam, Dragon Fume, the Auras. And I love her battle theme (funny she has one, now I'm thinking about... the only others who has a theme are the protagonists : Isaac and Felix).

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
No matter what people say about either Isaac or Felix. Let's agree on one thing.

Isaac and Felix both represent their original games. Since Golden Sun was orginaly was planned as both Scenarios on the N64. (Similar to Shining Force 3, but packaged together.)

I feel like since they represent both of their individual games, it would be nice if Isaac was chosen as the fighter, and Felix as the echo. (Similar to Fox and Falco.) That way, it would staisfy both camps, and be a good representation of the franchise without having to do (too) much work.

Plus, i really like them both equally as much. :3

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, is there any evidence about the Nintendo 64 Golden Sun?

Like beta footage?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Speaking of which, is there any evidence about the Nintendo 64 Golden Sun?

Like beta footage?
Originally, Camelot planned to create a single title instead of a series, and in the extremely early stages of their project they had created a game design document for the one Golden Sun game to be on the Nintendo 64 console. When it became apparent the N64 was on its way out because the Nintendo Gamecube was coming in, Camelot shifted their focus to making a game on the handheld Game Boy Advance.

The only beta footage is of the spaceworld 2000 GBA build.

If there is a N64 build, it's either gone for good, deleted by the Takahashi brothers, or it's mythically rare.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I actually didn't know that....
Yeah, way back by Brawl (I forget if / when Isaac was announced an AT but before then)
Felix was viewed as the cooler protagonist (understandably too) so there were a lot of people arguing for him to be the star of the show

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I actually do not like Felix that much (No I do not hate him). He just does not have the same appeal that Isaac has. He may not be among my favorites but, he earns a spot somewhere in the middle.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I always would think as a kid I was a water adept since I am an Aquarius, but when I got older, I found out Aquarius is a WIND element. Which blows my mind since it's the water bearer. However, since I was born in the year of the dog I am an earth element I believe.

So I could be Earth or Wind...which has me thinking that I could be an Earth Adept in the Ninja Class (same with Wind but they don't get a major stat boost)
Using both Earth and Wind Psynergy.

What is your element sign from Astronomy vs Chinese Element?
What kind of Adept would you be? What would be your class?

TappyBat

Smash Ace
yay! they'll be back on their feet in no time!

virgo and a horse so, earth and I unno what horses are. :/

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I've been warily optimistic about Isaac getting in, and I'd be thrilled to see him- you can add me to the supporter list!

Personally, I think this is do or die for XC2- if their newcomer doesn't get released just before their DLC to advertise it, I think they've missed the ship. While I'd be sad, hopefully it paves the way for Isaac.

Is talking about potential leaks here frowned upon? If not...

This leak here correctly guessed the Direct date (wrong time though) and said that Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition was coming to the Switch. Well, FFXVPE Switch was announced today, probably instead of waiting for the Direct, so it makes the leak seem more legitimate.

And surprise surprise, Isaac was supposed to be in it (and Incineroar, sigh). I personally don't believe it fully, but I'd be thrilled if it was right.

Top Bottom