• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure they have held directs on the weekend though?

It's not common but I'm almost certain it has happened.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
It's cause their stocks are closed on the weekends
This is one of the reasons I thought we would not get a direct this week (after hearing about the delay). It is always important to remember that Nintendo is a business, they want to promote their products through directs as it gives them a PR boost. The Timing of such directs has to be chosen carefully as there are only a handful of them in a year. Nintendo do not want this direct associated with a natural disaster so they will push it a reasonable distance away.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Someone asked yesterday what everyone's favourite line from Golden Sun is.

I just reached Altmiller Cave, which contains one of my favourite lines.

Babi (Paraphrased): "[The Draught] is deeper in the cave,"
Mia: "What, is there a pharmacy down there?"

Anyway, a Djinn update.
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 4.PNG

Isaac's Jupiter Djinn addiction gets worse everyday (I have no idea why the Jupiter Djinn keep ending up on Isaac, it's so weird).

Colosso might end up being a problem, considering what Garet, Ivan and Mia have to do in it.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
This entire bracket is probably gonna be, regardless of what happens, Isaac vs Banjo 2 Losers Bracket Boogaloo outside of some crazy awesome underdog moment

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Someone asked yesterday what everyone's favourite line from Golden Sun is.

I just reached Altmiller Cave, which contains one of my favourite lines.

Babi (Paraphrased): "[The Draught] is deeper in the cave,"
Mia: "What, is there a pharmacy down there?"

Anyway, a Djinn update.
View attachment 162385
Isaac's Jupiter Djinn addiction gets worse everyday (I have no idea why the Jupiter Djinn keep ending up on Isaac, it's so weird).

Colosso might end up being a problem, considering what Garet, Ivan and Mia have to do in it.

Pssssssst, make Isaac ninja class, Colosso will be easier

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can't, I'm stuck with the Djinn where they are. That's the nature of the playthrough.

EDIT: ...It just so happens that my Djinn/Class set-up is perfectly aligned for round 1 of Colosso, :laugh:

Ivan has Growth, Mia has Douse natively, and Garet (naturally) has Move.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I know it is how it is....

but I can't help but feel like it's going to be even more of a letdown than it otherwise would have been if the newcomer we get is Incineroar. (and nothing else)

I know it shouldn't but the extra wait is sorta making me expect more than I ought to.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Was musing and trying to determine how much djinn it would cost to summon certain Nintendo characters.

4 earth - Doshin the giant
4 wind 4 fire - Palutena
3 earth - King Dodongo
4 fire - Bowser
4 fire 4 earth - Naga
3 wind - Kracko
2 mercury - Stafy
2 earth - Jill
6 earth 2 water - Gigyas
4 water - Kyogre

etc

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Was musing and trying to determine how much djinn it would cost to summon certain Nintendo characters.

4 earth - Doshin the giant
4 wind 4 fire - Palutena
3 earth - King Dodongo
4 fire - Bowser
4 fire 4 earth - Naga
3 wind - Kracko
2 mercury - Stafy
2 earth - Jill
6 earth 2 water - Gigyas
4 water - Kyogre

etc
Poor Groudon :(

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
It's heart wrenching to see you guys in such low spirits after the recent unfortunate events, I've been spying taking a look at other threads and it's quite the same, panic, anger and overall oppressing mood.

So I don't know, maybe have a break ? Use the weekend to relax and think about something else ? Disconnect a bit can sometimes do a lot of good.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I had a weird idea. Imagine if they made a game that was like Animal Crossing except it had Smash Bros characters in it.

That would be kinda cool actually.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I know it is how it is....

but I can't help but feel like it's going to be even more of a letdown than it otherwise would have been if the newcomer we get is Incineroar. (and nothing else)

I know it shouldn't but the extra wait is sorta making me expect more than I ought to.
I understand you! The way I see it, is that if we don't get Isaac revealed in this direct, is that he wasn't meant to happen IN THIS DIRECT. Hopefully we get info soon to end the torture!

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I had a weird idea. Imagine if they made a game that was like Animal Crossing except it had Smash Bros characters in it.

That would be kinda cool actually.
I like the idea on paper but it sounds really hard to build something coherent out of it. Something straight out like AC would make many situations very akward like say Ganondorf inviting me to his birthday party.

I'd love for daddy Ganondorf to do that though

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I understand you! The way I see it, is that if we don't get Isaac revealed in this direct, is that he wasn't meant to happen. Hopefully we get info soon to end the torture!
Woah now, that's a bit extreme right? We have months until release, not being in a general Direct won't kill his chance to be in.

Heck, we don't even know if the Direct will be changed due to the delay.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
It's kind of ironic that Isaac is another JRPG anime character and Sakurai seems to love those characters like all the Fire Emblem and Xenoblade reps.

So I guess it's what also gives Isaac a good shot. He falls within Sakurai's Japanese interest of JRPG characters.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
It's kind of ironic that Isaac is another JRPG anime character and Sakurai seems to love those characters like all the Fire Emblem and Xenoblade reps.

So I guess it's what also gives Isaac a good shot. He falls within Sakurai's Japanese interest of JRPG characters.
its not just sakurai's in put that determines what happens, its the fans and his team as well.

especially this time around, its very fanbased. that being said you could see his input in 4. all of the kid icarus content

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Sakurai bias is not all its cracked up to be.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Isaac just feels like such a natural addition honestly. I don’t think it would be a good idea for him to be passed up again this time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You say being a Ninja makes Colosso easier.
Golden Sun Navampa 1.PNG

Golden Sun Navampa 2.PNG

Being an Enchanter has it's perks.

For people who haven't played Golden Sun in a while, Navampa is meant to be the hardest of the three Colosso enemies.

I didn't even attack once, Navampa would have spent the entirety of the fight asleep if I had willed it.

Top Bottom