• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I just notices that the XC2 TORNA The Golden Country trailers are full with cities getting destroyed. And one of the twitter accounts said that the sensible game was pretty close to released (the DLC is out next 14th). I feel like a conspiracy theorist xd

Pretty much what I thought. Sadly Xenoblade 2 is the thorn in Isaac's side right now. Positive thinking though!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I just notices that the XC2 TORNA The Golden Country trailers are full with cities getting destroyed. And one of the twitter accounts said that the sensible game was pretty close to released (the DLC is out next 14th). I feel like a conspiracy theorist xd

Huh. I'm guessing Xenoblade was the one that delayed the direct.

Even though it's "not a game" but an expansion.

Pretty much what I thought. Sadly Xenoblade 2 is the thorn in Isaac's side right now. Positive thinking though!
Xenoblade has always been a thorn in Golden sun's side. xd

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I just notices because NoA twitter account posted a tweet promoting the DLC but with Shulk and Fiora. They were released post E3, and has nothing to do with the DLC (I believe). So its weird to promote the DLC without DLC's content

Ps: I meant the last part of the DLC which is Torna The Golden Country. Shulk and Fiora are DLC but released a few months ago

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
If you are a FE fan you might like this

I would love a FE with Nintendo Characters one day, think that would be legit
I was thinking maybe a mix of FE movement and engagment tactics, with a bunch of special moves to select depending on the targets range. So it would switch to a GS or FF type move select when engagement occurs.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Though before the delay we were pretty pumped in anticipation of Isaac being possibly revealed so we're kind of in that same spot we were before.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
There's really no rhyme or reason to expect Isaac next but I do love all the little coincidences. Sakurai's tweet, what looks to so far be a reveal pattern of new and old IP, Mimique's prediction of both Isaac and 50 cent, and Rattergun's posts about characters not getting in, just before they get in. That last one especially would just be pretty funny to see play out.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was feeling Isaac now, but idk now

(feeling his chances of getting in)
I think everyone (especially Nintendo) were caught off guard by this turn of events. Uncertainty is effecting all of us even the other character supporters. My stance on the Nintendo Direct has not changed (at least when it comes to the character reveal).

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I think everyone (especially Nintendo) were caught off guard by this turn of events. Uncertainty is effecting all of us even the other character supporters. My stance on the Nintendo Direct has not changed (at least when it comes to the character reveal).
yeah i lost that "high" pretty much

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I feel like every board has lost steam today. Quite a few of the newcomer threads have been expressing doubt on their own favorites and there isn't much happening to talk about or get excited over

KMDP

Smash Legend
I feel like every board has lost steam today. Quite a few of the newcomer threads have been expressing doubt on their own favorites and there isn't much happening to talk about or get excited over
Well, you can only stay mega-hype for so long with no information.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
yesterday was a storm around here, now is the calm that proceeds. I think everybody now are just waiting the new direct's date

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if it means anything but Nintendo of America on Twitter have removed their pinned tweet about the direct delay.

Am I right in thinking this seems notable or is this just something that happens?

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
just a slow day when you have so much build up only to get stopped so suddenly, of course, everyone's gonna feel winded i'm just sad that the news Nintendo has could get spoiled at all because they've been working so hard to keep things under wraps

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
yeah i lost that "high" pretty much
The more I think about it, the more I feel that Nintendo dropped the ball by announcing it way too early.

It was announced A DAY before it was announced, and now a lot of people are feeling on the low-point.

Why Nintendo chose to announce it instead of keeping to themselves, I will never ****ing know.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if it means anything but Nintendo of America on Twitter have removed their pinned tweet about the direct delay.

Am I right in thinking this seems notable or is this just something that happens?
This seems notable, if just by comparison to the absolute nothing else going on.

Have they done this before?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This seems notable, if just by comparison to the absolute nothing else going on.

Have they done this before?
No idea.

It just seems notable because that's probably what you would do when you're preparing to make another announcement, take the previous one down.

I feel like if the direct was going to be next Thursday they would have left the tweet up for longer, right?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The more I think about it, the more I feel that Nintendo dropped the ball by announcing it way too early.

It was announced A DAY before it was announced, and now a lot of people are feeling on the low-point.

Why Nintendo chose to announce it instead of keeping to themselves, I will never ****ing know.
What? They announced it because it was going to air, obviously. They can't account for natural disasters.

People need to seriously chill.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
No idea.

It just seems notable because that's probably what you would do when you're preparing to make another announcement, take the previous one down.

I feel like if the direct was going to be next Thursday they would have left the tweet up for longer, right?
I'd expect them to make an announcement between 1-3 days before the Direct. My money is on 1, considering they only gave the original announcement the day before.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
No idea.

It would be awesome if the direct pops up today or tomorrow before Pokenchi, and before any leaks happen hahahaha

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But they just had a typhoon beforehand.

That's a natural disaster, right?
And? The typhoon wasn't what delayed the Direct, it was the unforseen, huge earthquake that cut off 5 million people's power. They've *never* delayed a Direct before. People need to just accept this unique situation.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Man, how hype dies so quickly. Just days ago I was over the moon about a potential Isaac reveal, and another childhood fav of mine, Spider-Man, getting a big game release the day after. Now? I just bought Spider-Man PS4 this morning and... I don't like it, and it's making me feel very sad that I can't get into it cause of some bad language from the lead character. I guess that's what happens when growing up with a character from cartoons (and Raimi movies) that has a lot of different interpretations outside those mediums and eras.

And with Isaac.... well, I'm worried about the growing trend of disappointment I'm feeling will continue. But, I/we gotta somehow keep our the spirits up!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think the question is more about why they decided to release the airdate for it considering they were in the middle of being hit by a typhoon

Edit: Greninja'd
Probably because they felt like it wasn't enough of an emergency to delay the Direct? And it likely wasn't. It's not like it was a Cat 5, and Typhoons are super common this time of year. Plus, it would've already been recorded, so all they had to do was hit a switch.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
And? The typhoon wasn't what delayed the Direct, it was the unforseen, huge earthquake that cut off 5 million people's power. They've *never* delayed a Direct before. People need to just accept this unique situation.
That typhoon is also the deadliest in years, killing over 11 people.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Considering the delay in the blog entry, somebody was going to have been revealed last night. I know that's obvious, but who?
Wait, so was the blog post pattern or the "3 characters a week" pattern was broken?

Hmm, suspicious.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That typhoon is also the deadliest in years, killing over 11 people.
And how many people lost power from it? What I'm getting at, is I don't see the point in asking why they announced it. If the earthquake hadn't happened, they would've gone on showing the Direct on time, therefore the two incidents are unrelated. It'll probably be shown in a couple days or so anyway.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
And how many people lost power from it? What I'm getting at, is I don't see the point in asking why they announced it. If the earthquake hadn't happened, they would've gone on showing the Direct on time, therefore the two incidents are unrelated. It'll probably be shown in a couple days or so anyway.
I get you're saying 5 million people lost power so they delayed it....but that kinda sounds insensitive to the people who were killed by the typhoon....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I get you're saying 5 million people lost power so they delayed it....but that kinda sounds insensitive to the people who were killed by the typhoon....
Look; I get that sensitivity is important, and I feel for anybody killed by those disasters, but being brutally honest, if the Direct hadn't gotten delayed, we wouldn't be talking about the typhoon at all.

People get killed by disasters all the time, but Nintendo isn't going to cancel a huge announcement every time it happens. There's a clear difference here, heartless as that may be.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
We just have to be patient. I want to suppose Nintendo is already worried about the potential leaks and the third-party information going out regardless of the direct reschedule.
I agree doubt has hit hard all of us (not only the Isaac thread) but this is perfectly understandable because we were so close to having information and now we are back to uncertainty. But I believe it won't be delayed much longer

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Look; I get that sensitivity is important, and I feel for anybody killed by those disasters, but being brutally honest, if the Direct hadn't gotten delayed, we wouldn't be talking about the typhoon at all.

People get killed by disasters all the time, but Nintendo isn't going to cancel a huge announcement every time it happens. There's a clear difference here, heartless as that may be.
Yeah, it kinda does sound heartless.

Top Bottom