• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm pretty sure we still have 3 to 5 newcomers to come assuming there will be 1 to 2 per month before release.
Ya know... I never really considered Team rocket as a sensible echo. Somehow your banner made me think harder on the prospect, and I think... it is... sort of possible... sort of.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I mean, there's definitely a hot seat regarding appearing in the base game. Sure, DLC will probably be a thing, but given our hopes right now lie in him appearing in the base-roster, I'd say we can be a lil nervous if we want to.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I mean, there's definitely a hot seat regarding appearing in the base game. Sure, DLC will probably be a thing, but given our hopes right now lie in him appearing in the base-roster, I'd say we can be a lil nervous if we want to.
I think I am going to remain positive and jam to some funky tunes. It's a lottery for everyone out there. From Isaac to Funky Kong. Who knows who will get in. For now let's party!

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Ya know... I never really considered Team rocket as a sensible echo. Somehow your banner made me think harder on the prospect, and I think... it is... sort of possible... sort of.
Well either echo or completely new kind of trainers using different pokemons. One thing's sure it would be pretty damn cool.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Anyways wont be here to keep an eye on /v/ tonight since i have to go take photos for the local paper. Hope Isaac or someone gets leaked at this rate just to make the wait be over but doubt it
Seems like speculation is shifting towards Skull Kid (aside from Incineroar that is) as the most likely direct announcement and there's been quite a few Skull Kid picture leaks popping up.

But I feel like Skull Kid is the easiest one to do this with. Isaac hasn't had a 3d model since Brawl and there's no guessing what creative liberties Sakurai may touch up on his design, Geno's in the same position, these characters haven't had games in a while so they're less likely to have dancing mmd videos or skits for people to take and pretend to make a fake leak with.

So if a sudden leak pic with Isaac on it claiming to be from the direct shows up, it'd either have to be hand drawn (like the one Isaac image leak we had a long while back) or modeled with effort (since he didn't have an assist in 4, and has left the public eye for long to have fan videos around him) for the source to be debunked in ten seconds.

Not that Skull Kid can't be the newcomer direct reveal regardless but Isaac and Geno can still have good chances even if right now majority of the community hype is on Skull Kid.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
With every annoucement makes me more curious about the smash character. Its part of the few things left to show

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
You know there is one off thing out of all this newcomer direct speculation. I don't know if Sakurai every retweeted it when it was originally posted on Twitter. Hasn't that been a thing he's always done whenever that was Smash information in it?

I can start to see why some of the 'lower your expectations' from floating around. Even though it may seem silly to think that a 35 min. or so won't have a newcomer/smash info or something but I don't know, that just came off a bit strange to me but who knows.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Seems like speculation is shifting towards Skull Kid (aside from Incineroar that is) as the most likely direct announcement and there's been quite a few Skull Kid picture leaks popping up.

But I feel like Skull Kid is the easiest one to do this with. Isaac hasn't had a 3d model since Brawl and there's no guessing what creative liberties Sakurai may touch up on his design, Geno's in the same position, these characters haven't had games in a while so they're less likely to have dancing mmd videos or skits for people to take and pretend to make a fake leak with.

So if a sudden leak pic with Isaac on it claiming to be from the direct shows up, it'd either have to be hand drawn (like the one Isaac image leak we had a long while back) or modeled with effort (since he didn't have an assist in 4, and has left the public eye for long to have fan videos around him) for the source to be debunked in ten seconds.

Not that Skull Kid can't be the newcomer direct reveal regardless but Isaac and Geno can still have good chances even if right now majority of the community hype is on Skull Kid.
Yeah I think if a really professional Isaac model shows up it'll definitely turn heads.

Personally I'm not sure if I'm expecting any image leaks to be legit though. There might be a text leak that turns out to be true though.

You know there is one off thing out of all this newcomer direct speculation. I don't know if Sakurai every retweeted it when it was originally posted on Twitter. Hasn't that been a thing he's always done whenever that was Smash information in it?
Maybe he didn't get the chance to do it before it was cancelled? There's nothing saying he has to tweet about the direct straight after Nintendo tweets it.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Isaac doesn't really have a defining art style like Toon Link, so it would be cool to see what happens to him.

Snake definitely looks more cartoony in Smash Ultimate. Maybe they can incorporate the clay like graphics into Isaac like they did with King K Rool.''

Or maybe he will receive that general anime style that the humanoid characters, like the FE cast, Ryu, Shulk, Mac, and some of the others have.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I kinda don't want to get any leak and have the surprise during the direct. But part of me wants to be comforted and reassured xD

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Yeah I think if a really professional Isaac model shows up it'll definitely turn heads.

Personally I'm not sure if I'm expecting any image leaks to be legit though. There might be a text leak that turns out to be true though.

Maybe he didn't get the chance to do it before it was cancelled? There's nothing saying he has to tweet about the direct straight after Nintendo tweets it.
Hopefully that's the case, after waiting for this potential direct in the anticipation of a newcomer, it'd just be a bit of a bummer if there was no reveal after all. I wonder if a Robin style announcement will ever happen again. That was a fun ride lol.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I can start to see why some of the 'lower your expectations' from floating around. Even though it may seem silly to think that a 35 min. or so won't have a newcomer/smash info or something but I don't know, that just came off a bit strange to me but who knows.
There's a bit of a issue with that.

Sakurai's only times of retweeting directs are the ones that DIRECTLY (no pun intended) mention Smash Bros. The march direct had no hint of smash Bros being there, and Sakurai didn't tweet out anything for it.

And besides that, what's stopping him from just retweeting a Nintendo direct when there isn't going to be any Smash news? The answer is nothing.

People here have said the same thing. Sakurai is unpredictable. That's why we like him. So I doubt that him retweeting stuff is any indication of no smash Bros news.

(But yeah, this place is really boring. Please announce a new date, Nintendo.)

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I kinda don't want to get any leak and have the surprise during the direct. But part of me wants to be comforted and reassured xD
Yeah seeing Isaac's trailer pop up will feel much more satisfying going in blind, but there's also that part of you that wants to have some source come out with some form of confirmation. Though since E3 there hasn't really been much specifics leaked and some of the current stuff hasn't gotten confirmed yet.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
The atmosphere in the smash community in general feels so heavy since the Direct has been delayed. Hopefully a new broadcast date will pop soon to raise our spirits a bit !

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I gotchu guys don't worry

My sources tell me that delibird is the new pokemon rep and Isaacs mom will be playable

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
There's a bit of a issue with that.

Sakurai's only times of retweeting directs are the ones that DIRECTLY (no pun intended) mention Smash Bros. The march direct had no hint of smash Bros being there, and Sakurai didn't tweet out anything for it.

And besides that, what's stopping him from just not retweeting a Nintendo direct when there isn't going to be any Smash news? The answer is nothing.

People here have said the same thing. Sakurai is unpredictable. That's why we like him. So I doubt that him retweeting stuff is any indication of no smash Bros news.

(But yeah, this place is really boring. Please announce a new date, Nintendo.)
March direct? As in the Inkling/Smash reveal trailer? I can sort of see why he wouldn't there since that would give it away.

I can't remember if Sakurai retweeted the February direct back in 2014, which only had a single Little Mac reveal.

Regardless, I think back in Smash 4 there were times with direct announcements where the hype train wouldn't set off till Sakurai retweeted it or things where the developers of possible newcomers would retweet directs and speculations ensued.

Honestly if it's not a precendent don't mind me since I obviously don't remember every instance, I was just on Twitter checking the Rathalos tweet and just decided to being it to attention in case lol.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The atmosphere in the smash community in general feels so heavy since the Direct has been delayed. Hopefully a new broadcast date will pop soon to raise our spirits a bit !
Waiting a week would be so much worse, but could just announce it so I can plan ahead this time? I was planning on streaming it yesterday.

March direct? As in the Inkling/Smash reveal trailer? I can sort of see why he wouldn't there since that would give it away.

I can't remember if Sakurai retweeted the February direct back in 2014, which only had a single Little Mac reveal.

Regardless, I think back in Smash 4 there were times with direct announcements where the hype train wouldn't set off till Sakurai retweeted it or things where the developers of possible newcomers would retweet directs and speculations ensued.

Honestly if it's not a precendent don't mind me since I obviously don't remember every instance, I was just on Twitter checking the Rathalos tweet and just decided to being it to attention in case lol.
I don't think that was a regular thing back in the Smash 4 days. Only certain times he would do it, but not all the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering the delay in the blog entry, somebody was going to have been revealed last night. I know that's obvious, but who?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

I think the biggest evidence we have going for us as far as Smash content in the direct is a lack of Smash Blog updates last night. It always updates on Thursday evenings, has done for the last three months, but this time it didn't.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
So Masuda confirms he will be on pokenchi on sunday. If nothing happen today, then they not worry about Pokenchi getting an exclusive (or maybe they edited the segment? I dont think so). And famitsu leaks on tuesday right? so if is not later today or sunday/monday then it will be on 13th

Its just a few days, we can wait (and if Isaac gets revealed, would be worth it)

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder, last year we got a direct on September 13, 2017. With this delay, I think we could see it happen on the 13 again. When it comes to the direct itself, I don't expect them to start with a Smash reveal for two reasons.
1. The direct is going to cover 3DS and Switch titles, it will likely start with 3DS and then move to switch.
2. Considering how much Nintendo has been pushing Smash between E3 and the Smash direct, I think the focus this time will be put more on other titles/Nintendo Online.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Waiting a week would be so much worse, but could just announce it so I can plan ahead this time? I was planning on streaming it yesterday.
Since this direct was at such a good time for me, this time after I got off work, vs smack dab in the middle of what's usually quiet work hours (so obviously no squealing and screaming allowed lol). I was planning on recording my reaction to a possible Isaac reveal since a genuine reaction will only ever happen once and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be looking so stupid and cringe with whatever I'll do and I want to just have it to remember and laugh at. But oh well. Hoping for the same time but hard to know if that'll pan out.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Since this direct was at such a good time for me, this time after I got off work, vs smack dab in the middle of what's usually quiet work hours (so obviously no squealing and screaming allowed lol). I was planning on recording my reaction to a possible Isaac reveal since a genuine reaction will only ever happen once and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be looking so stupid and cringe with whatever I'll do and I want to just have it to remember and laugh at. But oh well. Hoping for the same time but hard to know if that'll pan out.
My legit reactions to every trailer they have shown for Ultimate.

I didn't really do that for Smash 4.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So Masuda confirms he will be on pokenchi on sunday. If nothing happen today, then they not worry about Pokenchi getting an exclusive (or maybe they edited the segment? I dont think so). And famitsu leaks on tuesday right? so if is not later today or sunday/monday then it will be on 13th

Its just a few days, we can wait (and if Isaac gets revealed, would be worth it)
Putting up with classes is gonna SUUUUUCK.

But yeah. If Isaac is going to be revealed, I'll wait. (If he won't, I'll be a bit more irratated.)

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I gotchu guys don't worry

My sources tell me that delibird is the new pokemon rep and Isaacs mom will be playable
Yes! I already mentioned this a while ago but c'mon guys - The Trailer starts with a piece of hay fixing a roof, panning over to reveal Isaac. He gets a splash screen, but before it can finish, a psynergy hand smacks him off the roof and his mother comes up the ladder and fixes the roof herself. "Dora fixes the fight!"

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I just notices that the XC2 TORNA The Golden Country trailers are full with cities getting destroyed. And one of the twitter accounts said that the sensible game was pretty close to released (the DLC is out next 14th). I feel like a conspiracy theorist xd

Last edited:
Top Bottom