• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Have Young Link fight skull kid, he loses, Skull Kid sends the moon crashing down, things get hectic, but the moon stops, it's just floating, then it pans to isaac who is using lift to hold it up, then Isaac and Skull Kid fight

My wet dream but it would be awesome
I would be in awe of such a perfect reveal! You paint quite the picture. Isaac just has to be in!

300 pages! Good work!

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Happy 300 pages everyone! By the time we hit 400 we might have our own character page on the forums. How exciting is that?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Happy 300 Pages, Adepts! Here's to seeing our Golden Boi in Smash Ultimate as a playable newcomer come December 7th!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Interesting. I managed to find them both, but I'm not sure that either one is definite proof that Capcom owns them.

https://youtu.be/96Vf08ImYJk?t=34m16s

34:16 is where they answer the question about Vaati in Hyrule Warriors, and they do say he would be difficult, but that might not necessarily be a legal thing. They could simply not know what to do with him, or perhaps the team just isn't interested in his character.

As for the Orchestra, I found the place where Jason talks about it, but idk, he sounds kind of unsure about it to me, just saying he believes that it's owned by Capcom, which isn't really saying for sure either way.

It's worth noting that the Oracle games were also developed by Capcom, and those aren't excluded from the Orchestra.

I'm not sure either of these things can be used to say definitely that it's owned by Capcom since the game itself explicitly says it's Nintendo's. It's very frustrating that we can't know for sure.
Wasn't it established that the credits of Minish Cap state that all rights are reserved by Nintendo?

Edit: In fact yeah, just looked up the credits on YouTube.
Yeah, if the GAME ITSELF says everything is owned by Nintendo, then its 100% owned by Nintendo. Nintendo not using stuff from those games is for a completely different reason, like, they're just not interested because Capcom made it, rather than Nintendo not owning the rights. This is definitive proof that the arguments about Vaati or his human design not being owned by Nintendo, or the music of Minish Cap or anything, are complete BS.

Vaati "could be difficult" because Tecmo Koei isn't fond of Capcom and they're not sure about recreating Vaati's design based on his sprite. But I'd not be shocked if we see Vaati show up in a prospective Hyrule Warriors 2, in fact I'd be more surprised if he wasn't.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
In the darkness, The Ice climbers Popo and Nana are racing Greninja to the top of a mountain.
Their climb is not without a fight, as they exchange blows while climbing. Blow after blow you can slowly see dawn begins to break from the top of the mountain.

A shadowy figure seemingly human at the top. However these fighters are too enthralled in their own exchange to focus on the top.

A flash of light blinds Greninja; Popo and Nana take advantage of this opening to throw him to the bottom and get to the peak. However as soon as they begin to celebrate a ghostly hand punches them out of the peak.

The camera looks back...

Isaac Rises Again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ2wUhlUYWY

And with that intro, we're golden son!

----

I had to get a bit hyped on 300 so wrote up a trailer for Isaac :p

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, if the GAME ITSELF says everything is owned by Nintendo, then its 100% owned by Nintendo. Nintendo not using stuff from those games is for a completely different reason, like, they're just not interested because Capcom made it, rather than Nintendo not owning the rights. This is definitive proof that the arguments about Vaati or his human design not being owned by Nintendo, or the music of Minish Cap or anything, are complete BS.

Vaati "could be difficult" because Tecmo Koei isn't fond of Capcom and they're not sure about recreating Vaati's design based on his sprite. But I'd not be shocked if we see Vaati show up in a prospective Hyrule Warriors 2, in fact I'd be more surprised if he wasn't.
Oh as if your argument is any better.

Interesting. I managed to find them both, but I'm not sure that either one is definite proof that Capcom owns them.

https://youtu.be/96Vf08ImYJk?t=34m16s

34:16 is where they answer the question about Vaati in Hyrule Warriors, and they do say he would be difficult, but that might not necessarily be a legal thing. They could simply not know what to do with him, or perhaps the team just isn't interested in his character.

As for the Orchestra, I found the place where Jason talks about it, but idk, he sounds kind of unsure about it to me, just saying he believes that it's owned by Capcom, which isn't really saying for sure either way.

It's worth noting that the Oracle games were also developed by Capcom, and those aren't excluded from the Orchestra.

I'm not sure either of these things can be used to say definitely that it's owned by Capcom since the game itself explicitly says it's Nintendo's. It's very frustrating that we can't know for sure.
This whole situation is just ****ed.

BTW, WE JUST REACHED 300! WOO!

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Happy 300! Hopefully we just have to wait one more day... Though I'm not so optimistic about a Direct tomorrow anymore.

That's good to hear. Hopefully he shows up again sometime soon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
300 pages and counting... hopefully by the time we reach 400 and up, they'd be filled with something driven by a certain extra-ordinary occurrence.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Congrats on 300 pages everyone! Here's hoping Isaac is revealed before we reach 400. :awesome:

So... does anyone think there's still a chance of a Direct coming this week?

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
There's a 50/50 chance of it appearing this week. But it becomes more unlikely each hour.
Sadly... don't know if we can survive one more week, after all it's only been 300 pages and 17 years.

More seriously...

Congratz, I join at like page 68 or something I believe just after K Roll, crazy right?!:happysheep:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Sadly... don't know if we can survive one more week, after all it's only been 300 pages and 17 years.

More seriously...

Congratz, I join at like page 68 or something I believe just after K Roll, crazy right?!:happysheep:
That was...what? A month ago? Stuff flies by fast.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yeah, if the GAME ITSELF says everything is owned by Nintendo, then its 100% owned by Nintendo.
Unfortunately, this isn't necessarily true, since the status of the rights could have feasibly changed after the game's actual release. For instance, let's say Nintendo owned the rights when the game came out, but the game wasn't super successful and Nintendo didn't think they'd be profitable long-term... to make up for it, they could've easily decided to, say, sell the rights back to Capcom to try and salvage some profit from it. Sounds dumb, but it's not impossible.

On topic, 300 pages! Super proud of our Golden Boy <3

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I just HAD to check when I joined this thread after this post. I joined on page 46. :awesome:

Before that, my last post was 3 years and 3 months earlier in... an "Isaac for DLC" thread. Embarrass

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
RsukovD.png

I hate this image so ****ing much because it scares me.

If we are going to talk about AT upgrades
Isaac is the most popular via the ballot.

With the Verg rumor
Isabelle is becoming and echo

With the Loz rumor
Skull Kid is becoming a fighter

With the Knuckles upgrade
That could mean shadow is an echo

Let's say if we get all 4 as fighters

That would lead 17+ AT to come back
Giving us well over 55+ AT

Idk, man...Things look good and things look bad.

Out of AT hell Isaac performed the best in the ballot

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I tend to read parts of support threads even if the characters aren't my most wanted, and I feel some behavior in here was highly questionable as of late.

People can have valid reasons to not like Isaac, and these reasons should be respected just as reasons to like him should be. I never understood the level of fan base he has, but I respect that some people love the guy. As his fans, you need to accept that some people won't like him or feel pretty indifferent on him. Trying to play off anyone who doesn't support him as a kid or upset their favorite didn't get in doesn't paint a good picture for his fan base.

For me, Isaac is pretty flat visually, he looks more like the generic build your protagonist default than someone with an actual life and personality. It bugs me a little since visually we do have many swordsmen as he doesn't stand out. He could be Ike and Link's kid. However, it's not a deal breaker for me and I know he could be cool in terms of his move set. But, it's still a valid complaint I have against him in general.

This is his best shot getting in, and I could see the Rathalos screenshot being a good sign for him. I do think there is a solid chance he could make it in, but it's nowhere near a lock since there are going to be fan favorites left out as some already were. Part of me does want to see him in since it'd make people happy, though that could apply to many characters with some being more interesting to me.

I played Dark Dawn, I don't recall anything about it. Wasn't memorable apparently, but I don't think it was bad. And I wouldn't mind the series getting revived and would possibly be interested in it.

I do not think beefing up the thread with insulting people not a fan of the character or general "lack of actual content" posts is impressive though. Technically two people could reply all day every day to each other in a thread dedicated to Igglypuff. It's cool they get along and love Igglypuff, but it's not really a sign of much besides some people spending a lot of time in that thread. I know some of you are getting excited it's reaching X amount of posts, but when a portion of these posts is just people talking about how big the thread is and how it's growing... it's a bit hollow in spots!

Good luck with Isaac overall!

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I don't understand how anyone can think Isaac is a lock. I still think it's pretty unlikely. That being said, I do think Isaac's design looks fairly generic, but that doesn't matter too much. People care about what he can do, not what he looks like. I think some people here are just tired of being ridiculed for supporting a character that's "just another anime swordsman."

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I tend to read parts of support threads even if the characters aren't my most wanted, and I feel some behavior in here was highly questionable as of late.

People can have valid reasons to not like Isaac, and these reasons should be respected just as reasons to like him should be. I never understood the level of fan base he has, but I respect that some people love the guy. As his fans, you need to accept that some people won't like him or feel pretty indifferent on him. Trying to play off anyone who doesn't support him as a kid or upset their favorite didn't get in doesn't paint a good picture for his fan base.

For me, Isaac is pretty flat visually, he looks more like the generic build your protagonist default than someone with an actual life and personality. It bugs me a little since visually we do have many swordsmen as he doesn't stand out. He could be Ike and Link's kid. However, it's not a deal breaker for me and I know he could be cool in terms of his move set. But, it's still a valid complaint I have against him in general.

This is his best shot getting in, and I could see the Rathalos screenshot being a good sign for him. I do think there is a solid chance he could make it in, but it's nowhere near a lock since there are going to be fan favorites left out as some already were. Part of me does want to see him in since it'd make people happy, though that could apply to many characters with some being more interesting to me.

I played Dark Dawn, I don't recall anything about it. Wasn't memorable apparently, but I don't think it was bad. And I wouldn't mind the series getting revived and would possibly be interested in it.

I do not think beefing up the thread with insulting people not a fan of the character or general "lack of actual content" posts is impressive though. Technically two people could reply all day every day to each other in a thread dedicated to Igglypuff. It's cool they get along and love Igglypuff, but it's not really a sign of much besides some people spending a lot of time in that thread. I know some of you are getting excited it's reaching X amount of posts, but when a portion of these posts is just people talking about how big the thread is and how it's growing... it's a bit hollow in spots!

I honestly don't care for that. I don't represent the Isaac fanbase. I'm just a vocal minority, aren't I?

If people had legitimate reasons for disliking Isaac, then fine.
But most don't. Which is why I "critique" them.

And really, the comment on Isaac looking kinda bland kinda confuses me...shouldn't a large percentage of the roster be qualified under this "generic swordsman" rule or whatever?

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace

Thanks for coming.

Also I think most of "Isaac haters are just children" is because we had enough of them... in the level we simply do not care and just label them as something minor, people tend to do this when they had enough of something, its a common thing about the hot newcomers picks but as Isaac don't have the "High nostalgia value" of Geno or the "Villain of the best game in the franchise" of Skull kid (plus being of a unrepresented IP) its tends to be more irritanting, enough to most people be like "Ok... they are inferiors, they are idiots" after the 50° time

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't understand how anyone can think Isaac is a lock. I still think it's pretty unlikely. That being said, I do think Isaac's design looks fairly generic, but that doesn't matter too much. People care about what he can do, not what he looks like. I think some people here are just tired of being ridiculed for supporting a character that's "just another anime swordsman."
Because he's one of if not the most likely character at the moment.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I honestly don't care for that. I don't represent the Isaac fanbase. I'm just a vocal minority, aren't I?

If people had legitimate reasons for disliking Isaac, then fine.
But most don't. Which is why I "critique" them.

And really, the comment on Isaac looking kinda bland kinda confuses me...shouldn't a large percentage of the roster be qualities under this "generic swordsman" rule or whatever?
It got more into insults then anything. Anyone who disagrees Isaac isn't the best is a child or butthurt their favorite got deconfirmed. That's not something this thread should of promoted.

And that doesn't help him stand out. If we had a bunch of large pink fluffballs running around in Smash, people would start to question if we need more pink fluffballs and Igglypuff may be questioned on her addition if she hadn't already made it in.

Most of the cast isn't easily blanketed under one term like anime swordsmen. I think he is a bit more "cartoon" personally, which I like more anyways. But I still find his general design lackluster. And I'd rather not see his fans mocking people for feeling that way.

See even though I find his design lacking, I'm not shut down on him. I can have a negative outlook on something and not dislike it overall. I support Incineroar, but I know the fire starter getting beefy and street fighter has been over done!

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
He is not, I put 55% chance on him, I think he is just likely, but far from a lock, out of confirmed characters we have NO locks.
But I want him and I think he have one of the best chances of any unrepresented Nintendo Franchise (which to be real we don't have many good left)

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
It got more into insults then anything. Anyone who disagrees Isaac isn't the best is a child or butthurt their favorite got deconfirmed. That's not something this thread should of promoted.

And that doesn't help him stand out. If we had a bunch of large pink fluffballs running around in Smash, people would start to question if we need more pink fluffballs and Igglypuff may be questioned on her addition if she hadn't already made it in.

Most of the cast isn't easily blanketed under one term like anime swordsmen. I think he is a bit more "cartoon" personally, which I like more anyways. But I still find his general design lackluster. And I'd rather not see his fans mocking people for feeling that way.
A majority of the active users here get into discussion about characters.

If you are talking about ignoring the Gamefaqs hate? Yeah the site has people who just hate isaac to hate isaac.

You gave your reasons, you think he is bland

We can talk about it, none of us are going to scream and yell that you don't like him if you bring an actual discussion to the table.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

Most of the cast isn't easily blanketed under one term like anime swordsmen. I think he is a bit more "cartoon" which I like more anyways. But I still find his general design lackluster. And I'd rather not see his fans mocking people for feeling that way.
Sorry about that, I think we're just very stressed about all the "hate" he is having recently (We're rougue picks in Smash 4) since we didn't had the spot light until recently, and what happens when you're a unrepresented IP in a spotlight? People start diminishing you in favor of their's (because is easy to bring down a enemy than became stronger than him)

StormC

Smash Hero
Who died and made you thread police?

This stuff is pretty standard for Smash character threads. Every thread is full of people being defensive, poking fun at detractors, etc. I can attest as someone who was primarily in the K. Rool thread before his confirmation. What's the worst that's gonna happen? People who dislike a character get their feelings hurt by posts in a thread about the character?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
He is not, I put 55% chance on him, I think he is just likely, but far from a lock, out of confirmed characters we have NO locks.
But I want him and I think he have one of the best chances of any unrepresented Nintendo Franchise (which to be real we don't have many good left)
Well, we do, but none of them are as requested as Isaac. I'd say Advance Wars was as big as Golden Sun but Andy is not very popular right now unfortunately. Rhythm Heaven fans can't seem to decide which character to support. Other series are a bit smaller, but I think they'd still make for some interesting characters, like Custom Robo and Sin and Punishment.

Top Bottom