• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Remember to be respectful to other opinions. Somebody having a different opinion is fine as well, even if it is against your character.
Sorry but not sorry, why should we appologize to angry kids with empty arguments ?

We're supporters, of course we believe in our champion or else what's the point ? And from what I've seen so far most of the guys here would welcome and debate criticism if justified. But in fact 99% of the time it's the same idiotic arguments of "generic and swordsman".

The real hidden truth is Isaac is getting very huge and thus seen as a threat for other characters but sadly for those who don't want him there's not much going against Isaac as a character to get in. So the last resort they found is those two lame arguments which we proved thousands of times are not justified.

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
This uhh... might be a bit large for a TL;DR but here's basically what was talked about from 280 to now:
Let's see... we had discussion about where people are from, some stuff about custom robo and advance wars, some talk about leaks, talk about when the direct would be, my finishing up of GS PP Only (page 281,282), talk about if Felix might be in, some more talks about leaks, some silliness about what his card would say as his phrase, some more direct discussions for when it would be, a leak that was shortly debunked cause the people talking about it were quick to pull the trigger, discussion about whether every 5 songs is a deconfirm type of thing (it wasn't), discussion about 50 Cent, more discussion about leakers being doofs, discussion about the general "complaints" about isaac (286), talk about how smash 4 ruined speculations, more discussion about people complaining about isaac on gamefaqs (288-289), some nice art on 290, who would be shipped with Isaac (definitely Ivysaur), celebration of 500 supporters, talk about female characters in smash and how some people are doofs (291) along with another neato drawing, talk about DLC and Isaac's chances (293-294), talk about rappers out of no where (294), some more leak talk, Assist trophy talk, even worse looking leaks, discussions about the three isaac scenarios (297), more 50 Cent talk, Vaati discussion (299), another neato art piece (299), talk about how we've reached 300 pages (299~301), and finally the VexTheHex stuff (300)
Okay so how much do I owe you?

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Ideally, I want everyone to have what they want in Ultimate, but it's sad when the community argued and harass others (of course there are exceptions) about each others wanted fighters. I'll admit right now, I never liked Cloud, but I'm still happy for the fans who wanted him in. It's fine, everyone don't have to support every character, but we should all be respectful of one another and be thankful that Sakurai is listening to us.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
OMG, I have 52 more pages to actually catch up to the thread. You guys are crazy, and that's awesome!

Just wish I could catch up faster xD

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Might be Central if it auto-adjusts to my time zone.
I live in PT and can tell you that 1:23 PM is what it says for me.

The last general direct in March was announced at 6 AM on the dot, so a direct announcement could come at any time of day.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Nintendolife just posted that one of their sources is saying there's a direct tomorrow: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...o_air_tomorrow_switch_online_details_incoming

They even have the times. Midnight is kinda annoying but at least it's not 2am or something.

Though one thing I noticed, if there was going to be an Isaac reveal it would be strange that the region he's presumably most popular in have been given such a poor time. (1am)

Maybe the unusual timing has something to do with the typhoon that occurred in Japan?

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
So we need to be patient and waiting for the direct announcement today... But there's always a possibility that the direct just pops up tomorrow if is a mini direct like the january one

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Nintendolife just posted that one of their sources is saying there's a direct tomorrow: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...o_air_tomorrow_switch_online_details_incoming

They even have the times. Midnight is kinda annoying but at least it's not 2am or something.

Though one thing I noticed, if there was going to be an Isaac reveal it would be strange that the region he's presumably most popular in have been given such a poor time. (1am)

Maybe the unusual timing has something to do with the typhoon that occurred in Japan?
Midnight? Are you a UK resident then? As it's midnight for me too.

As for the NLife article, it lines up with my statistics (aka, past N.Direct behaviour) so this rumor has weight to it. It's not an outlandish claim.

So we need to be patient and waiting for the direct announcement today... But there's always a possibility that the direct just pops up tomorrow if is a mini direct like the january one
Doubt it is a Mini. Excluding January's one we have not had a Mini direct in 4 years. They are not the normal standard

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like 6 PM my time. Will have to see if I can catch any of it, they'd probably hold smash til last after all.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I hope the leaks and minique and all the guesser are right and Isaac is next. I need to end this torture xD

Would be cool if I can get Elma and Dixie too, but Isaac is priority

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This Direct could be at 9 o'clock on Friday in my timezone, pretty convenient time before I go pick up Spider-Man on the game's launch day. Here's to seeing if this rumour holds true and if we'll possibly see a character reveal.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I hope the leaks and minique and all the guesser are right and Isaac is next. I need to end this torture xD

Would be cool if I can get Elma and Dixie too, but Isaac is priority
Elma and Dixie are also characters I've been wanting to a lesser extent, but yes I'd love to just get Isaac out of the way, at least when he's confirmed it won't matter what mud people continue to sling at him.

Also if this rumor is true, the direct won't happen while I'm at work for once so I can jump and scream if Isaac's revealed.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
7 pm tomorrow would be a bad time for me. I'll be at work. I won't be able to watch it live. If Isaac gets revealed as playable, I'll be a tad disappointed that I won't be able to party with all of you as it happens. If he does get revealed and I read about when I get home though, I'll probably scream. Or I'll try to watch the direct when I get home while trying to dodge spoilers so I can have that live authentic reaction, since an Isaac reveal for Smash, I think, would be a once in a life-time moment for me. That's way too big to just catch up via message posts from.

Also, if you Billybae10K Billybae10K do a live reaction to the direct (assuming there's one coming up soon), and Isaac gets revealed as a new fighter, I hope you are able to channel all our energies into your reaction. I don't know any other youtubers who would have a passionate reaction to Isaac. We'll probably get some pats on the back from those happy on our behalf, but you Billybae10K Billybae10K are the only one I know that'll likely FEEL the way most of us would probably be feeling upon an Isaac reveal.

Isaac/Golden Sun is one of my greatest childhood memories. I think my emotions would be very heartfelt. Of course there is that chance that somehow they'll goof him up, but I want to hope, especially based on track record, that Sakurai will get him right and do the series justice.

Come ooooooon, Isaac!

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I just do the math and it would be 8 pm for me. I hope I be on my house by then after work

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm not too worried about the time zone pointing to Isaac not being revealed. General directs do seem to happen around the same times (In my time zone, the last few dating back to April '17 all aired between 2-3 PM) so it's just standard procedure.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I tend to read parts of support threads even if the characters aren't my most wanted, and I feel some behavior in here was highly questionable as of late.

People can have valid reasons to not like Isaac, and these reasons should be respected just as reasons to like him should be. I never understood the level of fan base he has, but I respect that some people love the guy. As his fans, you need to accept that some people won't like him or feel pretty indifferent on him. Trying to play off anyone who doesn't support him as a kid or upset their favorite didn't get in doesn't paint a good picture for his fan base.

For me, Isaac is pretty flat visually, he looks more like the generic build your protagonist default than someone with an actual life and personality. It bugs me a little since visually we do have many swordsmen as he doesn't stand out. He could be Ike and Link's kid. However, it's not a deal breaker for me and I know he could be cool in terms of his move set. But, it's still a valid complaint I have against him in general.

This is his best shot getting in, and I could see the Rathalos screenshot being a good sign for him. I do think there is a solid chance he could make it in, but it's nowhere near a lock since there are going to be fan favorites left out as some already were. Part of me does want to see him in since it'd make people happy, though that could apply to many characters with some being more interesting to me.

I played Dark Dawn, I don't recall anything about it. Wasn't memorable apparently, but I don't think it was bad. And I wouldn't mind the series getting revived and would possibly be interested in it.

I do not think beefing up the thread with insulting people not a fan of the character or general "lack of actual content" posts is impressive though. Technically two people could reply all day every day to each other in a thread dedicated to Igglypuff. It's cool they get along and love Igglypuff, but it's not really a sign of much besides some people spending a lot of time in that thread. I know some of you are getting excited it's reaching X amount of posts, but when a portion of these posts is just people talking about how big the thread is and how it's growing... it's a bit hollow in spots!

Good luck with Isaac overall!
Each to their own, everyone's allowed their opinions and no harm, no foul. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of bashing Isaac haters too heavily in this thread, if only because I subscribe to the notion of not giving them the time of day to begin with. If someone's hating on Isaac, they're not going to change their minds because a fan or two tries to defend the franchise.

We already know the franchise is good, we enjoy it and if Isaac gets announced, more people will be willing to give Golden Sun that first try and make their own opinions for themselves, which is all we can really ask for, in that regard.

Slinging mud isn't going to get anyone any closer to their character getting in.

Isaac fans may have to endure a barrage of ill-founded hate, as is not uncommon for a very popular character, but that's poor justification to stooping down to the level of the agitants. On the other hand, I believe you'd have to do some extensive cherrypicking to not see past the puddles of outward animosity to the ocean of enthusiasm and positivity that comprises the majority of this thread.
Preach it! I don't like coming onto this thread to see everyone talking about what the latest Isaac hater has said, so I tend to only comment when we get some fun leaks or we're in a positive space. We've endured a lot of hell in the past, from the beginning of his demand. At this point, in this day and age, it's par for the course and I agree that ignoring the hate is probably the best move going forwards, no matter how frustrating it can sometimes be.

7 pm tomorrow would be a bad time for me. I'll be at work. I won't be able to watch it live. If Isaac gets revealed as playable, I'll be a tad disappointed that I won't be able to party with all of you as it happens. If he does get revealed and I read about when I get home though, I'll probably scream. Or I'll try to watch the direct when I get home while trying to dodge spoilers so I can have that live authentic reaction, since an Isaac reveal for Smash, I think, would be a once in a life-time moment for me. That's way too big to just catch up via message posts from.

Also, if you Billybae10K Billybae10K do a live reaction to the direct (assuming there's one coming up soon), and Isaac gets revealed as a new fighter, I hope you are able to channel all our energies into your reaction. I don't know any other youtubers who would have a passionate reaction to Isaac. We'll probably get some pats on the back from those happy on our behalf, but you Billybae10K Billybae10K are the only one I know that'll likely FEEL the way most of us would probably be feeling upon an Isaac reveal.

Isaac/Golden Sun is one of my greatest childhood memories. I think my emotions would be very heartfelt. Of course there is that chance that somehow they'll goof him up, but I want to hope, especially based on track record, that Sakurai will get him right and do the series justice.

Come ooooooon, Isaac!
I just hope it isn't at 1AM like the direct leak quotes (That's the time it starts for me assuming it's correct) because then, assuming Isaac is revealed, I'll have to tone down my reactions due to everyone else on my street being asleep. That being said, trust me, if Isaac is announced, I'll probably be sobbing into a pillow while smiling the whole way through. You can count on me to give Isaac the reaction he deserves!

gebi

Cloud Prince
I haven't posted here before nor have i ever played a Golden Sun game but i am really rooting for Isaac to get into Smash this time around. His design and abilities are very unique and he could be an awesome and very different sword wielder. It saddens me when people refer to him as just another sword user. Good luck guys! I am sure he will make the cut! :)

gebi

Cloud Prince
Each to their own, everyone's allowed their opinions and no harm, no foul. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of bashing Isaac haters too heavily in this thread, if only because I subscribe to the notion of not giving them the time of day to begin with. If someone's hating on Isaac, they're not going to change their minds because a fan or two tries to defend the franchise.

We already know the franchise is good, we enjoy it and if Isaac gets announced, more people will be willing to give Golden Sun that first try and make their own opinions for themselves, which is all we can really ask for, in that regard.

Preach it! I don't like coming onto this thread to see everyone talking about what the latest Isaac hater has said, so I tend to only comment when we get some fun leaks or we're in a positive space. We've endured a lot of hell in the past, from the beginning of his demand. At this point, in this day and age, it's par for the course and I agree that ignoring the hate is probably the best move going forwards, no matter how frustrating it can sometimes be.

I just hope it isn't at 1AM like the direct leak quotes (That's the time it starts for me assuming it's correct) because then, assuming Isaac is revealed, I'll have to tone down my reactions due to everyone else on my street being asleep. That being said, trust me, if Isaac is announced, I'll probably be sobbing into a pillow while smiling the whole way through. You can count on me to give Isaac the reaction he deserves!
Aww your 10k subscriber reaction was the cutest and i am sure your Isaac reaction will be even better.

Machete

Smash Ace
I am on the camp that even if there's a Direct tomorrow, it'll reveal the new Pokémon (please let it be Buzzwole or Necrozma), since that is one of those obvious inclusions they have to do at some point. Since it'd be a general Direct, it'd make sense to reveal a more "mainstream" character, so to speak, while saving Isaac for the eventual Smash Direct.

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow! I actually found it!

This video was on the original Golden Sun website back in 2001. Isaac is briefly voiced, narrating the prologue events of the first game. The voice is nothing special, but I had forgotten what it sounded like after all these years. lol

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I am on the camp that even if there's a Direct tomorrow, it'll reveal the new Pokémon (please let it be Buzzwole or Necrozma), since that is one of those obvious inclusions they have to do at some point. Since it'd be a general Direct, it'd make sense to reveal a more "mainstream" character, so to speak, while saving Isaac for the eventual Smash Direct.
The only thing that makes me doubt Isaac getting a reveal in a Smash direct is that I'm predicting Geno and Banjo & Kazooie for the smash direct. Which doesn't leave room for an Isaac reveal.

To me the three most likely reveals in the september direct (whenever it happens) are:

Isaac
Rayman
Incineroar (7th gen pokemon)

Bandana Dee is kind of a wildcard, I'm not sure when he'd show up if he's in.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Back in 4, I think Little Mac was revealed as the first trailer of a general direct with that being the only Smash information, if I'm remembering correctly. Though I think any reveal of any character would get people talking just because a Smash trailer is able to make you huped even for a character you didn't know and this roster will be based around fan favorites.

Though on that note, I will pretty much go in expecting the reveal to be Pokemon related and if there so happens to be one at the end and beginning of the direct, there's a good chance Isaac may get revealed.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter what time it is. I'll still have to conceal all the shrieking and bawling I'd do. Far too loud for the neighbors to not be concerned. :p

This is what I suspect as well, since you'll get more of a reaction for Isaac in a Smash-focused direct. I do remember that with Smash 4, they put out their biggest hitters out there (Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac) early on and Ultimate is seemingly the same way with Inkling, Ridley, and K. Rool. Sakurai seems to prefer catching people's attention at the start, and then throwing out the reveal with the smallest appeal (Shulk in Smash 4) at the end. When fanservice is the theme, I can see a Pokemon being thrown in at the end since it wouldn't fit that theme and everybody's already hyped about the game anyways.

That's even assuming with so few characters left, the order even matters to them or a Pokemon newcomer is even included. Who knows? Maybe if Smash gets a big enough time slot, we could have two reveals rather than one.

Oh wow! I actually found it!

This video was on the original Golden Sun website back in 2001. Isaac is briefly voiced, narrating the prologue events of the first game. The voice is nothing special, but I had forgotten what it sounded like after all these years. lol
It's certainly not a "bad" voice, but it's a bit too deep for Isaac's age.

The only thing that makes me doubt Isaac getting a reveal in a Smash direct is that I'm predicting Geno and Banjo & Kazooie for the smash direct. Which doesn't leave room for an Isaac reveal.

To me the three most likely reveals in the september direct (whenever it happens) are:

Isaac
Rayman
Incineroar (7th gen pokemon)

Bandana Dee is kind of a wildcard, I'm not sure when he'd show up if he's in.
It feels like all these characters "should" get in, but it doesn't feel like there's room for all of them. Maybe we'll have a trailer uploaded in October by itself with no direct attached to it. It really depends on how many characters are left. I also have the feeling the final Smash direct could actually reveal three unique newcomers.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The longer we go without a Pokémon, the more I think we’re not getting one. The series may be big, but it already has a huge amount of playable characters, and any more would just be filling a quota. Heck, the focus on Ballot requests should also hurt the potential for a new Pokémon. They weren’t the most popular choices, their votes were split amongst hundreds of characters (even with a few stand outs like Sceptile that had groups pushing for them), and half of the reasoning was either picking which we’d get on the assumption we’d get one, or asking for a grass type to complete the trio (which the return of Pokémon Trainer already did).

Aside from “we’ve always had a new Pokémon each game”, what reason is there to include one? And which Pokémon would bring as much hype as the current newcomers?

Machete

Smash Ace
The longer we go without a Pokémon, the more I think we’re not getting one. The series may be big, but it already has a huge amount of playable characters, and any more would just be filling a quota. Heck, the focus on Ballot requests should also hurt the potential for a new Pokémon. They weren’t the most popular choices, their votes were split amongst hundreds of characters (even with a few stand outs like Sceptile that had groups pushing for them), and half of the reasoning was either picking which we’d get on the assumption we’d get one, or asking for a grass type to complete the trio (which the return of Pokémon Trainer already did).

Aside from “we’ve always had a new Pokémon each game”, what reason is there to include one? And which Pokémon would bring as much hype as the current newcomers?
The reason is that Pokemon is the biggest media franchise on the planet.

Top Bottom