• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Sorry about that, I think we're just very stressed about all the "hate" he is having recently (We're rougue picks in Smash 4) since we didn't had the spot light until recently, and what happens when you're a unrepresented IP in a spotlight? People start diminishing you in favor of their's (because is easy to bring down a enemy than became stronger than him)
I mostly only look here for my Smash fix, so I mostly only see his fans. So being one of the few who is open I don't think he is the best thing ever made the thread's time of turning into bashing people who don't like him feel more targeted than it was.

I understand it gets stressful. There's many characters (both confirmed and deconfirmed) that get attacked quite regular. I remember the "Greninja is forgettable nobody" back before no cuts were revealed. Like please, he placed #1 in biggest popularity poll. Leave him alone!!!

Even though I been harsh on Isaac at times, I do hope for you guys that he ends up in. Don't hate him by any means.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I mostly only look here for my Smash fix, so I mostly only see his fans. So being one of the few who is open I don't think he is the best thing ever made the thread's time of turning into bashing people who don't like him feel more targeted than it was.

I understand it gets stressful. There's many characters (both confirmed and deconfirmed) that get attacked quite regular. I remember the "Greninja is forgettable nobody" back before no cuts were revealed. Like please, he placed #1 in biggest popularity poll. Leave him alone!!!

Even though I been harsh on Isaac at times, I do hope for you guys that he ends up in. Don't hate him by any means.
1535669546736 copy.png

1535669663525 copy.png

This is the **** we are dealing with. So please understand that we are not bashing people who dislike isaac for reasons
We dislike people like this

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
He is not, I put 55% chance on him, I think he is just likely, but far from a lock, out of confirmed characters we have NO locks.
But I want him and I think he have one of the best chances of any unrepresented Nintendo Franchise (which to be real we don't have many good left)
I think he is a lock at this point, Sakurai wouldn't have post that tweet since he hates to disapoint fans.
Unless he hates Isaac because he killed is entire family, it could be the case...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4137782.stm

Remember kids, play whit moderation, that means less then 50 hours straight.

Camelot has been working for Nintendo for years, I think they deserve a character behing playable in smash at this point...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It got more into insults then anything. Anyone who disagrees Isaac isn't the best is a child or butthurt their favorite got deconfirmed. That's not something this thread should of promoted.

And that doesn't help him stand out. If we had a bunch of large pink fluffballs running around in Smash, people would start to question if we need more pink fluffballs and Igglypuff may be questioned on her addition if she hadn't already made it in.

Most of the cast isn't easily blanketed under one term like anime swordsmen. I think he is a bit more "cartoon" personally, which I like more anyways. But I still find his general design lackluster. And I'd rather not see his fans mocking people for feeling that way.
1. Yeah. I don't think that's how it went.
2. I'm not sure if that's actually a fair comparison. I mean, perhaps you're using the Pink Puffball comparison to demonstrate how excessive it isn't of how many blonde swordsmans there are. Or how many swordsman in general there are.

Well, there aren't that many blonde swordsman in smash. And you can still possibly design a moveset around Isaac that doesn't revolve around him using a sword.
3. I think Roy's and chrom's design is pretty flat. Not very interesting as they kinda look "generic" as you put it. I also think Bowser Jr. has a pretty uninspired design (being reused from Baby bowser), but does design based on personal preference really hinder a character's chances?

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
View attachment 161950
View attachment 161951

This is the **** we are dealing with. So please understand that we are not bashing people who dislike isaac for reasons
We dislike people like this
That's some crazy dumb stuff. Not sure how they can be that... spiteful on a character. Keep your head up though for sure, there's certainly more people in favor of him or more neutral on him than level of crazy against him. :D

Who died and made you thread police?

This stuff is pretty standard for Smash character threads. Every thread is full of people being defensive, poking fun at detractors, etc. I can attest as someone who was primarily in the K. Rool thread before his confirmation. What's the worst that's gonna happen? People who dislike a character get their feelings hurt by posts in a thread about the character?
And who made you the police of the one you called the police? Are you trying to silence my word to only broadcast your own? Are you the government?There's people more in the gray area that can have negatives on Isaac (or others) that may be pushed the other way seeing pack mentality kicking in. If you think insulting people who aren't fans is a good way of promoting your character, I think you're more into mud slinging contests than anything productive then.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I had no idea there were that level of haters specifically gunning for Isaac. That's just silly. This game is already far beyond what anyone could have reasonably expected, and if Isaac doesn't make it in I'll be disappointed but not heartbroken. By the same token, I would never think ill of anyone else's dream picks. It takes a really sad person to drive an entire crusade against a fictional character they don't like getting into a cartoon fighting game crossover. I thought this thread was supposed to be a positive space for support of a character we all want to see.

Reveal season is my favorite part of any Smash game because everyone is free to hope and dream and wonder what if. From what I've read, nobody here thinks Isaac is a 100% lock, but this is the one place where we can all come to support each other and know we're not alone in our shared love for this character and this franchise even if it doesn't make it in. There's no need for vitriol or negativity imo.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, we do, but none of them are as requested as Isaac. I'd say Advance Wars was as big as Golden Sun but Andy is not very popular right now unfortunately. Rhythm Heaven fans can't seem to decide which character to support. Other series are a bit smaller, but I think they'd still make for some interesting characters, like Custom Robo and Sin and Punishment.
Yeah, many of the good series Nintendo has left don't have a single strong character (I dunno who from Advance Wars could be since for what I know all the named characters are just commanders and not fighters) they simple have too much characters to rival the spot or don't have any with enough moveset (but yeah Custom Robo and Sin and Punishment are still a thing)

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
You know.

This kid deserves it.

I want him just to satisfy the Brawl-era people.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

I know, you're a nice guy, its good to see sometimes a external look to know who we are acting since people normaly don't see the problem when they're in the eye of storm, thanks for coming bro!

DogManStar

Smash Ace
You know.

This kid deserves it.

I want him just to satisfy the Brawl-era people.
Yeah, the old guard deserves their top picks. I can't even imagine waiting over a decade for a Smash character. Really hoping Isaac, Geno, and hopefully even Banjo can make it into this game to complete the top picks.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys! Right here is like we're in the same house and he is our guest! Please treat him with respect, he just want to help us so we won't become like Waluigi fans

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
And who made you the police of the one you called the police? Are you trying to silence my word to only broadcast your own? Are you the government?There's people more in the gray area that can have negatives on Isaac (or others) that may be pushed the other way seeing pack mentality kicking in. If you think insulting people who aren't fans is a good way of promoting your character, I think you're more into mud slinging contests than anything productive then.
I'm not even an Isaac supporter per se, I just hang out here. You're sounding a bit tinfoil hat-y with that first bit though, unless you're just joking.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
4chan is also going after Shantae like they did Ashley.
I've seen a lot of innocent Shantae fans get ridiculed for no reason. What don't they hate?

I wouldn't pay it too much mind honestly. A lot of 4chan is normal people, those are just vocal minorities who get needlessly mad about Smash.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
And that doesn't help him stand out. If we had a bunch of large pink fluffballs running around in Smash, people would start to question if we need more pink fluffballs and Igglypuff may be questioned on her addition if she hadn't already made it in.
I wouldn't mind more large pink fluffballs! :3

But on a more serious note, I think a lot of us feel that there's a lot of unnecessary hate for Isaac, when most likely 80~90% of the people who are against him haven't even played through one of the game, and come in with "another generic anime swordsman" or something like that. And you know what? He doesn't even need a sword, I just beat the entire first game without using a single weapon. :p

We've been hoping for this character for over 10 years to finally get in Smash, and at this point, he's the likeliest he's ever been, and as such has a bunch of targets painted on him, from people who think he'd be "stealing a spot" from the character they want, when the roster has been decided for at least a year or two. All we can do is look for signs and hope, which is what we've been discussing.

There have been a few instances of talking about the post count, but that's only at milestones, like 10k posts, 300 pages, that sort of thing. And the discussion for the rest has been genuinely full of many many people talking about a multitude of things... mostly about the character, sometimes about leaks, sometimes 50 Cent (don't ask), occasionally people like me discussing our runs of the games. We're not just filling up the thread, we're having plenty of genuine discussions.

So all in all, we're just trying to stay positive... well as positive as our fanbase can be, for a character we've been looking forward to being playable in Smash since Brawl.

That's my take anyways.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I know, you're a nice guy, its good to see sometimes a external look to know who we are acting since people normaly don't see the problem when they're in the eye of storm, thanks for coming bro!
Very true, sorry for not being as positive as many of the people on here. Sadly I read the more aggressive posts while at break at work, so I kind of came in as older news by the time I made it home. I didn't realize how nasty people were acting on the other forums towards you guys. I'm sorry and thanks for being understanding.

Even though I question his chances and such, I'll gladly eat boot (figuratively, mind you) and see him get in since it would make some people very happy around here. And I mean that's something special in it's own right.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
No one is a lock
Welp he is the most likely to be announce soon at this point. I know that 17 years of deception may makes people pessimist, but that's how I feel right now.

But yeah, I understand what you mean, after all the guy doing the roster did pick Wii Fit trainer in smash 4 before a lot of characters... (prety sure almost no one asked for this one, I wanted safety notice guy D-: )

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Slinging mud isn't going to get anyone any closer to their character getting in.

Isaac fans may have to endure a barrage of ill-founded hate, as is not uncommon for a very popular character, but that's poor justification to stooping down to the level of the agitants. On the other hand, I believe you'd have to do some extensive cherrypicking to not see past the puddles of outward animosity to the ocean of enthusiasm and positivity that comprises the majority of this thread.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Listen VexTheHex VexTheHex . Most of what pholtos pholtos says is exactly what most of the users on here feel about this. (With the exception of me, of course.)

You and I might disagree on a lot of things. But if I am to admit one thing, I will say that I have unfairly insulted others. After so many times of different people saying the same exact thing. It grows tiring to repeat myself. Over. And over. And over. I know that mud slinging won't help my character's chances, but that wasnt my intention in the first place.

But mud slinging isn't a thing that most of these amazing people here do though. It's just me. So if you wanna critique anyone, critique me.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
VexTheHex VexTheHex honestly were all pretty hopeful but none of us are going out there trying to start anything really we keep it calm over here

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
i like this place too because of its chill nature. Feels like one of those after-school forums I can browse and have it be always active. It's so nice talking with people here, and I hope it continues to be that way.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
i like this place too because of its chill nature. Feels like one of those after-school forums I can browse and have it be always active. It's so nice talking with people here, and I hope it continues to be that way.
I agree, it's one of the reasons I decided to make an account and join in.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
VexTheHex VexTheHex honestly were all pretty hopeful but none of us are going out there trying to start anything really we keep it calm over here
Agreed, everytime a discusion may go in a wrong direction there is always someone to bring it back on track.

These people are one of, if not the nicest community I've seen in a video game forum, would not be wasting my time reading 15 pages on this tread per day if it was not the case.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
2...79.. can I just get a tl;dr of the last 20ish pages..?

On another note...
I think we're leaning towards him being in at least in some form. Closer to playable though based on the shear amount of leaks and such (yes even if they are fake) that seem to keep telling us this.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Agreed, everytime a discusion may go in a wrong direction there is always someone to bring it back on track.

These people are one of, if not the nicest community I've seen in a video game forum, would not be wasting my time reading 15 pages on this tread per day if it was not the case.
Haha. Yeah. I admit I get off track a lot. But I think it's in my own nature I inherered from being in the presence of my equally off-topic family members.

Anyways, let's talk about something on-topic. Do you guys think Sakurai will leave Isaac's psynergy hand yellow? Or would he change it to yellow to make it more accurately to his franchise?

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
2...79.. can I just get a tl;dr of the last 20ish pages..?
This uhh... might be a bit large for a TL;DR but here's basically what was talked about from 280 to now:
Let's see... we had discussion about where people are from, some stuff about custom robo and advance wars, some talk about leaks, talk about when the direct would be, my finishing up of GS PP Only (page 281,282), talk about if Felix might be in, some more talks about leaks, some silliness about what his card would say as his phrase, some more direct discussions for when it would be, a leak that was shortly debunked cause the people talking about it were quick to pull the trigger, discussion about whether every 5 songs is a deconfirm type of thing (it wasn't), discussion about 50 Cent, more discussion about leakers being doofs, discussion about the general "complaints" about isaac (286), talk about how smash 4 ruined speculations, more discussion about people complaining about isaac on gamefaqs (288-289), some nice art on 290, who would be shipped with Isaac (definitely Ivysaur), celebration of 500 supporters, talk about female characters in smash and how some people are doofs (291) along with another neato drawing, talk about DLC and Isaac's chances (293-294), talk about rappers out of no where (294), some more leak talk, Assist trophy talk, even worse looking leaks, discussions about the three isaac scenarios (297), more 50 Cent talk, Vaati discussion (299), another neato art piece (299), talk about how we've reached 300 pages (299~301), and finally the VexTheHex stuff (300)

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
This ended up in my recommended Videos on YouTube. Even after the boy makes it in, we'd probably still have a number of people misspelling his name. You wouldn't think Isaac is that hard to spell, right? Not like that's a super obscure name.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
This ended up in my recommended Videos on YouTube. Even after the boy makes it in, we'd probably still have a number of people misspelling his name. You wouldn't think Isaac is that hard to spell, right? Not like that's a super obscure name.
Nonsense, Lsssc is easy to spell correctly.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Good man. Also, haven’t told you before, but I really love the Custom Robo avatar.

Anyways, let's talk about something on-topic. Do you guys think Sakurai will leave Isaac's psynergy hand yellow? Or would he change it to yellow to make it more accurately to his franchise?
I’m pretty confident that he would change it. Simply given how long people have waited for Isaac, I expect Sakurai to be very meticulous about representing him right. Especially after seeing how perfectly he’s represented Inkling, Ridley, Simon, and K. Rool. With Ridley’s size being literally perfect, K. Rool having pretty much every reference you could’ve asked for, Simon having his faithful walk animation, etc.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Yeah, I'm not exactly fond of creating fandom rivalries when it comes to the last remaining newcomers for Ultimate, be it Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, Elma, Incineroar etc etc. I'm neutral on Geno and don't have a strong connection to him, but I think his long-time fans would be over the moon to finally see him playable. Part of the reason I'm kinda hoping for him is just so they can be happy to finally see their favourite join Smash Bros as well. As someone who knew of the camaraderie between the Metroid and Donkey Kong fandoms during the Smash 4 era, I'd much rather see that amongst the characters we've got left.

Last edited:
Top Bottom