• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Well dang. Is it worth buying and playing even if I can't use the password for it?
You just put in a password. You could get a password on the Wii U version of Golden Sun and transfer it to the GBA version of Lost Age if you wanted to, it doesn't matter.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
"Isaac fans are just crazy! They are as bad as Ashley fans"

Comes to this thread

50 Cent, 50 Cent, 50 Cent, Golden Sun talk, Talk not even related to Golden Sun, Oh Isaac might be a fighter, 50 Cent, Golden Sun

And that is why all those guest left.

Honestly. I think we must be one of the chillest fanbases out there.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Looked at the Rathalos tweet that Sakurai made yet again and it makes me even more excited. : D I really hope he can be playable. I have plans for him for a story with the rest of the characters.

I would be fine if the Colosso stage is the stage for Golden Sun in SSBUltimate.

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman

Would something like this end up being the Golden Sun logo if Isaac/a Golden Sun stage makes it into Smash?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Looked at the Rathalos tweet that Sakurai made yet again and it makes me even more excited. : D I really hope he can be playable. I have plans for him for a story with the rest of the characters.

I would be fine if the Colosso stage is the stage for Golden Sun in SSBUltimate.
The Rrahalos tweet is pretty hype, not going to lie.

Isaac could pretty much share the Colosso stage with Fe till he gets his own stage. It would work out

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
This is incredible how such a small community can have such a huge voice.

Does any other thread have as many replies? What would we compare this to?

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
The Rrahalos tweet is pretty hype, not going to lie.

Isaac could pretty much share the Colosso stage with Fe till he gets his own stage. It would work out
Indeed. Either free or paid. (I think it'd be priced instead.)

Also, what has come up with the picture 'leak' that had been posted 4 pages ago?

Brookshi

Smash Rookie
The hype for Isaac is real man. I'm giving my full support for him to be in Smash. Let's go!

Shin F.

Smash Master
Aye, someone mentioned Vaati.

Vaati has a strange situation where Both the music and Vaati's human design are owned by Capcom. So i'm not sure if he'll return again. :<
Wasn't it established that the credits of Minish Cap state that all rights are reserved by Nintendo?

Edit: In fact yeah, just looked up the credits on YouTube.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Wait, you mean this isn't a 50 cent support thread?
Oh yeah. The 50 cent thread is actually down the left at albacerky.

Wasn't it established that the credits of Minish Cap state that all rights are reserved by Nintendo?

Edit: In fact yeah, just looked up the credits on YouTube.
Actually, there are two instances that have happened that directly contridict this.

One is Hyrule Warriors, and the other is the Zelda Orchestra.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Actually, there are two instances that have happened that directly contridict this.

One is Hyrule Warriors, and the other is the Zelda Orchestra.
Oh? What were the contradictions? Is there a source for them? I'm looking up things in relation to those things and Vaati / Minish Cap but I'm not finding anything.

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I would say, if they wanted to make the Minish Cap credits accurate, then they should have put down "All rights are reserved by Nintendo but that's just what we want you to think plot twist all rights are reserved by Capcom".

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Oh? What were the contradictions?
The stories goes like this.

During a QnA on what characters users wanted for Hyrule Warriors, one asked about Vaati.

They said "That would be diffcult."

The other comes from Jason Micheal Paul, where he had directly stated that he was uanble to do Capcom Zelda Music. It's speculated it was for legal reasons, as a lot of more obscure titles, Including Spirit Tracks, and the other GB game, Link's awakening, got redone tracks.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
If Capcom characters are in this game already, I don’t see why Vaati would be a problem. Another Geno situation or something?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It’s worth noting that Super Mario RPGs shares copyright for both the game itself and the characters between Nintendo and Square in the title screen, so Vaati’s deal would certainly be unorthodox.

Who knows, maybe it’s one of those things where nobody really knows who owns the rights and nobody cares enough to get lawyers to do the research.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
If Capcom characters are in this game already, I don’t see why Vaati would be a problem. Another Geno situation or something?
Though they would probably focus on getting Square Enix to let them use Geno over getting Capcom to let them use Vaati.

Priorities and all that.

Unless, of course, they were planning to release a new Zelda game with Vaati as it's primary antagonist.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I think human Vaati is designed by someone from capcom that is why. It's some weird thing with Nintendo Vs Capcom

Hence why we don't see any OG character from the GBC games come back.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hi friends.

I'm probably one of those guests you see lingering around this thread. I've been checking it pretty much daily.

I'm a pretty casual Smash fan but I always pop into Smashboards around reveal season and Isaac is the only character I've wanted since the Brawl days. Here to support our Golden Boy and hopefully join in the celebration when he gets in or band together in mourning if we have to wait for our Sun to Rise in the next Smash.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I think human Vaati is designed by someone from capcom that is why. It's some weird thing with Nintendo Vs Capcom

Hence why we don't see any OG character from the GBC games come back.
That sucks. I don't know much of anything about Vaati but he seems like a great option for new Zelda representation. In multiple games, magic abilities... Seems pretty neat.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Hi friends.

I'm probably one of those guests you see lingering around this thread. I've been checking it pretty much daily.

I'm a pretty casual Smash fan but I always pop into Smashboards around reveal season and Isaac is the only character I've wanted since the Brawl days. Here to support our Golden Boy and hopefully join in the celebration when he gets in or band together in mourning if we have to wait for our Sun to Rise in the next Smash.
Welcome Welcome!
Glad to have you here!
The 27 other guest! Come along!

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Hi friends.

howdy! let's hope for good fortune then or we won't hear the end of it for years. >.>

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Nintendo's supposed to roll out their online service at the end of the month and we still have zero details on it. Which means that the next Direct has to be coming up this week or the next. I'd be excited to see literally anything that isn't a Pokemon reveal. Not that I don't expect a new Pokemon (I do) or that I have anything against the franchise, but it just seems like such a low stakes reveal when there are so many fan favorites hanging in the balance. Give me Isaac, Geno, and Banjo in this Smash and I will actually never ask for anything ever again.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
"Isaac fans are just crazy! They are as bad as Ashley fans"

Comes to this thread

50 Cent, 50 Cent, 50 Cent, Golden Sun talk, Talk not even related to Golden Sun, Oh Isaac might be a fighter, 50 Cent, Golden Sun

And that is why all those guest left.

Honestly. I think we must be one of the chillest fanbases out there.
I almost died of laughter after reading this thinking, "Oh man, this is so accurate". XD

Ok, caught up finally...for now.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I really want that sun and moon theory to come to fruition. Reveal Isaac for the sun and Skull Kid for the moon!!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I really want that sun and moon theory to come to fruition. Reveal Isaac for the sun and Skull Kid for the moon!!
Have Young Link fight skull kid, he loses, Skull Kid sends the moon crashing down, things get hectic, but the moon stops, it's just floating, then it pans to isaac who is using lift to hold it up, then Isaac and Skull Kid fight

My wet dream but it would be awesome

Shin F.

Smash Master
The stories goes like this.

During a QnA on what characters users wanted for Hyrule Warriors, one asked about Vaati.

They said "That would be diffcult."

The other comes from Jason Micheal Paul, where he had directly stated that he was uanble to do Capcom Zelda Music. It's speculated it was for legal reasons, as a lot of more obscure titles, Including Spirit Tracks, and the other GB game, Link's awakening, got redone tracks.
Interesting. I managed to find them both, but I'm not sure that either one is definite proof that Capcom owns them.

https://youtu.be/96Vf08ImYJk?t=34m16s

34:16 is where they answer the question about Vaati in Hyrule Warriors, and they do say he would be difficult, but that might not necessarily be a legal thing. They could simply not know what to do with him, or perhaps the team just isn't interested in his character.

As for the Orchestra, I found the place where Jason talks about it, but idk, he sounds kind of unsure about it to me, just saying he believes that it's owned by Capcom, which isn't really saying for sure either way.
Nikolas: What about Minish Cap?
Jason: I don’t think it is. Because Minish Cap, I believe, is a third-party game. So there’s the issue of licensing that and Nintendo hasn’t included it. I like Minish Cap, though. It’s kind of similar to Hyrule Warriors in the sense that it was a joint venture.
It's worth noting that the Oracle games were also developed by Capcom, and those aren't excluded from the Orchestra.
The other aspect of the program is more modular, so you can expect to hear highlights from other favorite moments in the Zelda pantheon that may not be covered by the 4-movement symphony, not to mention a lot of the great music found in the peripheral titles, like Majora's Mask, or the handhelds like Spirit Tracks, Link’s Awakening or the Oracle duology.
I'm not sure either of these things can be used to say definitely that it's owned by Capcom since the game itself explicitly says it's Nintendo's. It's very frustrating that we can't know for sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom