• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Okay I had to laugh at Felix name off to the side like that. Once upon a time Isaac's name was barely on these leaks and now fake leakers seem to be convinced that getting Isaac comes with a Felix echo.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Technically missing between 10 and 19. I believe we've seen 40 assists so far, with the promise of 50+ so any number between 51 and 59 could be correct.
Oh god, 19 makes me worry more.

Fire Emblem Fates is indeed very bad story wise, but I liked the fact that both sides can use pair up.

C'mon bro you're playing the "Have Avatar is bad" like people play "Have a sword is generic", at least give a chance to the new Avatar, I think he will not be the main focus, he will be more present than Mark for sure(since for what I know you can do Eliwood history WITHOUT the tactician) but maybe he will have a Kris/Robin presence, being the right-handed man for the lords, but also killing everyone that gets on his way.

Also FE7 the best written? yeaaaaaah... no, that I would send to Genealogy of The Holy War or Tharcia 776, or maybe even Path of Radiance! FE7 have a awesome history but I would put him in top 3 for sure, but Genealogy is simple another level for me, in Genealogy case almost every problem I can see that is hardware relacted, that a Remake on Switch would make be almost perfect.
If he is more like Mark, good. I just doubt FE writting as of late. I don't want another fates.

I should of worded myself better. FE7 is the best writing western FE fans have atm. Holy War is amazing but most people can't play it. Fe7 imo has the best character support, chapter flow, and hector.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It's like the person had a stroke taking the photo.

Plus the skull kid is a dead giveaway, it's from an already fake leak
Yeah, I don't understand why people think these blurry photos will pass nowadays. I don't think even video footage will pass given how that's been faked before.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
the same guy who takes pictures of these leaks is the descendant of the guy who took the big foot picture / nessie picture/ and every famous ufo picture

cybersai

Smash Ace
We're in the year 2018 where everyone has cameras on their phone, yet all these leak picks look like they were taken back in 1985 with disposable cameras.

As someone who lived through the 80's and 90's, even cameras back then had better quality.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
All right guys, let's play: What symbol would Isaac be that wouldn't simply be a sun?
A Djinn? A Hand? Isaac's hair!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If after heavy fan demand on the ballot didn't even give him his AT role back, I have no faith he'll make it as DLC.

D

Deleted member

the same guy who takes pictures of these leaks is the descendant of the guy who took the big foot picture / nessie picture/ and every famous ufo picture
No, there's proof that Bigfoot exists! It's right here.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
DLC sells, if we still rally support anything could happen.

Roy Lucas and Mewtwo all got back in with support.
But at that point rallying already failed. He wasn't even given enough thought to be an AT despite high ballot performance. No, if he's an AT I'll fight for DLC but if he's not an AT then I have no hope of seeing Isaac in Smash until GS4 happens.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
DLC sells, if we still rally support anything could happen.

Roy Lucas and Mewtwo all got back in with support.
While I think the base game is Isaac's best chance, the fact that Corrin got in shows that DLC newcomers aren't all third-party crowd pleasers. I do believe, however, that if Isaac isn't in Ultimate at all, I don't think he'll ever be in Smash without a new Golden Sun game, sadly.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
But at that point rallying already failed. He wasn't even given enough thought to be an AT despite high ballot performance. No, if he's an AT I'll fight for DLC but if he's not an AT then I have no hope of seeing Isaac in Smash until GS4 happens.
and 4 seems very very very unlikely

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
While I think the base game is Isaac's best chance, the fact that Corrin got in shows that DLC newcomers aren't all third-party crowd pleasers. I do believe, however, that if Isaac isn't in Ultimate at all, I don't think he'll ever be in Smash without a new Golden Sun game, sadly.
And if that happens, i'm gonna be in complete shock at how little Nintendo cares for this franchise.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Sakurai needs characters to sell remember that. Isaac as an AT means the dream is dead. I don't see any AT becoming a fighter. However that is just me.

DLC is a thing, oh wow I see people really want Isaac. Let's try and sell him since he didnt get in

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the base game will be the fan-favourites and DLC will be promo/recent additions and misc. third-parties. So should Isaac miss the boat for base, I don't think inclusion is in the cards for him. That's my take.

That's kind of ignoring the reason why Corrin was DLC, though.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I think the base game will be the fan-favourites and DLC will be promo/recent additions and misc. third-parties. So should Isaac miss the boat for base, I don't think inclusion is in the cards for him. That's my take.

I mean, yeah Corrin was promoting the latest Fire Emblem release, making her much more of a promo character like Roy. Isaac is a retro character from a dormant series, he's in a very different place from Corrin. There'd be no reason to push Isaac without a new Golden Sun game.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Does not hurt to still keep pushing to the end though.

Even for an outcry for Isaac Nintendo might see people want GS 4 or a GS remake

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
In the off chance that Sakurai likely was still unaware of Isaac's demand until the tweet or something and he wasn't in base game, what about if he got announced similar to Mewtwo in wireframes with a message saying he's on his way?

With that said, I'm not really of the mind that all of Isaac's votes went to the void. I feel he's pretty up there for a character who's had requests dating to Brawl era.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
In the off chance that Sakurai likely was still unaware of Isaac's demand until the tweet or something and he wasn't in base game, what about if he got announced similar to Mewtwo in wireframes with a message saying he's on his way?

With that said, I'm not really of the mind that all of Isaac's votes went to the void. I feel he's pretty up there for a character who's had requests dating to Brawl era.
I think the Camelot angel gave Sakurai plenty of leeway of the demand for Isaac.
So I think he knows

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Yep. I feel like Golden Sun's entire future lies on Isaac getting into Ultimate, which raises the stakes about a billionfold.
This. A lot of people don’t realize that Isaac has probably the highest stakes of any speculated newcomer. It’s why we’re all so on edge and reactive to all this stuff. It’s a do or die situation.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

It's possible, I suppose, but I don't think it would work for Isaac. Mew two was not just a highly requested fighter, but the first ever DLC character. They probably weren't sure how to announce it, so they went with the wireframes. That having been said, I don't care how he makes it, as long as he does.

Top Bottom