• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
What in the world did this thread become?!? You guys are the best! Most fun I've ever had in any thread ever.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Have we FINALLY identified the music from Bowser's trailer???

Hold up...that sounds like a remix of the theme against bowser in super Mario rpg

I'm not aware of that song appearing in other Mario games, can anyone confirm?

Edit: nvm its literally also in Mario bros 3 lmao

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Have we FINALLY identified the music from Bowser's trailer???

Actually I don't think so the one used in the trailer is the final boss music used in Super Mario Bros. 3 while the one on the website is the Fortress boss. Also the bowser trailer song heavily features a guitar while the website song uses violins. I say the odds of them being the same track is pretty low.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
On the other hand it probably does not help the game's marketing if they deconfirm everything at once. Again it is possible for Isaac to happen but, we are by no means in the clear.
On the one hand, most of the community doesn't even consider Isaac a strong contender so if he was shown off as an assist at E3 or whatever it'd be more expected than anything since he was an assist in Brawl and he's just an "anime swordsman from a dead franchise anyways." Lyn is a popular FE candidate, up there with Ike, and she was deconfirmed right away. I don't think there is any rhyme or rule to how Sakurai is going about marketing with the reveals, long wanted characters like Ridley and K. Rool are already shown off, does that mean the next character reveals are more hype than those two?

We know that Sakurai hated cutting characters cause every character had it's fans. In 4 he used DLC to bring back some vets and Ultimate he just flat out decided to bring everyone back. So I don't see him holding off deconfirming a character (especially one as highly requested as Isaac) because it'd be bad marketing if he deconfirmed everyone at once.

Honestly it's not about Isaac being an assist trophy in general. If he was revealed as one at E3, it would have been something I've gotten over and moved on from now. Instead I'm here, going through the motions and seeing what looks to be going in Isaac's favor for him to be playable this installment. So if this long wait leads to an assist trophy reveal, it'd just be a bummer and something I wish I was spared of earlier.

Back in 4, from the initial 2013 E3 announcement, it took 11 months, nearly a whole year of waiting for Ike to be revealed, all the while seeing him constantly on most likely to be cut lists and the speculation community religiously believing that he'd be replaced by the new flavor of the month protagonist Chrom. Ike finally being revealed was a satisfying payoff to the wait. I would't want to do that again though. I'm just glad the speculation period this go around is much shorter so we'll get our answer to Isaac's fate soon, but yeah I'd rather take my deconfirmation to go vs it getting drawn out for the sake of it.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Oh hey, we overtook the RTC thread. We are truly the largest thread currently in the Newcomer Speculation forums

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
What in the world did this thread become?!? You guys are the best! Most fun I've ever had in any thread ever.
It's the whole "collective suffering" thing: we've all suffered enough together that we are something more then just a thread, but more like a weird friend group (I swear looking at this reminds me of the time I scrolled through the old Kuttthroats thread).

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Hold up...that sounds like a remix of the theme against bowser in super Mario rpg

As I said it is from Super Mario Bros. 3 it is likely they reused the song for Super Mario rpg.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Edit: nvm its literally also in Mario bros 3 lmao
Yeah, it's the Mario Bros 3 final boss theme.

For some reason though, they haven't shown it off yet. I think it's a new remix.

Actually I don't think so the one used in the trailer is the final boss music used in Super Mario Bros. 3 while the one on the website is the Fortress boss. Also the bowser trailer song heavily features a guitar while the website song uses violins. I say the odds of them being the same track is pretty low.
Yeah, I wasn't able to listen to it on mobile, so I assumed it was the same. However, after listening to it, it ain't the same.

Still sounds dope though. I just wanna know what that FINAL THEME is cause it sounds amazing.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
On the one hand, most of the community doesn't even consider Isaac a strong contender so if he was shown off as an assist at E3 or whatever it'd be more expected than anything since he was an assist in Brawl and he's just an "anime swordsman from a dead franchise anyways." Lyn is a popular FE candidate, up there with Ike, and she was deconfirmed right away. I don't think there is any rhyme or rule to how Sakurai is going about marketing with the reveals, long wanted characters like Ridley and K. Rool are already shown off, does that mean the next character reveals are more hype than those two?

We know that Sakurai hated cutting characters cause every character had it's fans. In 4 he used DLC to bring back some vets and Ultimate he just flat out decided to bring everyone back. So I don't see him holding off deconfirming a character (especially one as highly requested as Isaac) because it'd be bad marketing if he deconfirmed everyone at once.

Honestly it's not about Isaac being an assist trophy in general. If he was revealed as one at E3, it would have been something I've gotten over and moved on from now. Instead I'm here, going through the motions and seeing what looks to be going in Isaac's favor for him to be playable this installment. So if this long wait leads to an assist trophy reveal, it'd just be a bummer and something I wish I was spared of earlier.

Back in 4, from the initial 2013 E3 announcement, it took 11 months, nearly a whole year of waiting for Ike to be revealed, all the while seeing him constantly on most likely to be cut lists and the speculation community religiously believing that he'd be replaced by the new flavor of the month protagonist Chrom. Ike finally being revealed was a satisfying payoff to the wait. I would't want to do that again though. I'm just glad the speculation period this go around is much shorter so we'll get our answer to Isaac's fate soon, but yeah I'd rather take my deconfirmation to go vs it getting drawn out for the sake of it.

I feel like if Isaac was an AT they would of shown him off with Ashly. But we are still missing 10 so I am worried.

Idk, feel like Isaac being cut could of just been the 3ds not being able to handle move

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Welp, we've survived another week of not having Golden Sun music show up on the music page.

Edit - Dang, beaten to the punch but still :p

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I feel like if Isaac was an AT they would of shown him off with Ashly. But we are still missing 10 so I am worried.

Idk, feel like Isaac being cut could of just been the 3ds not being able to handle move
Ten isn't too scary of a number, especially when you still have some notable assists missing like both of the Kid Icarus ones (and no way they're suddenly going without assists), Kat and Ana have been assists since Brawl and were alongside Ashley in 4 (giving Wario 2 assists), and since Ashley is back as an assist despite her popularity, Kat and Ana seem like they'd once again join her to rep Wario again. This is also not taking into account Sakurai giving some old series vets new assists or looking to the ballot for some new faces to make assists (like Krystal and Shovel Knight).

Also the word assist is starting to look weird.

D

Deleted member

Indiana, the apocalypse has started. It is like zombies but worse...we call them crappers (hick gangsta wannabees) they try to infect others into thinking they are cool as well. "They aren't"
As a fellow Hoosier, I can vouch for this. It's absolutely embarrassing to see people try to pass off as being the antithesis of their culture. I'm not saying white folks should not listen to rap music, but dropping your trousers around here makes you more of a meth addict than an OG. Especially in southern Indiana.

Anyway, this is the best fake leak ever:

I'm disappointed that you can't play as The Percy Watson or as DDP's Friends.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Technically missing between 10 and 19. I believe we've seen 40 assists so far, with the promise of 50+ so any number between 51 and 59 could be correct.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
So 13 franchises have been represented with music, and there's 13 to go. And we have I think 31 franchises with smash characters currently? Some series won't be getting featured remixes then I guess

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Who is the composer for this rendition of that airship theme? It sounds very JRPG.

I love the crossover remixes this game has
According to the website, it's Akihiro Honda, sound designer and editor for a number of Metal Gear Solid games and the composer of Peace Walker and Phantom Pain. He also wrote Calling to the Night and arranged the Love Theme for Brawl back in the day.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think the new song update disproves that ‘every 5 songs there’s one from a non-playable series’ theory.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yeah no I agree, FE did go down in quality big time. Fates was like a bad fanfiction. FE has a different audience now. Echoes tried to fix it.

Three Houses has me worried because I am sick and tired of the avatar character. Make a real LORD and have that the focus. Why is Fe7 the best written? BECAUSE ITS REAL CHARACTER STUGGLE
Fire Emblem Fates is indeed very bad story wise, but I liked the fact that both sides can use pair up.

C'mon bro you're playing the "Have Avatar is bad" like people play "Have a sword is generic", at least give a chance to the new Avatar, I think he will not be the main focus, he will be more present than Mark for sure(since for what I know you can do Eliwood history WITHOUT the tactician) but maybe he will have a Kris/Robin presence, being the right-handed man for the lords, but also killing everyone that gets on his way.

Also FE7 the best written? yeaaaaaah... no, that I would send to Genealogy of The Holy War or Tharcia 776, or maybe even Path of Radiance! FE7 have a awesome history but I would put him in top 3 for sure, but Genealogy is simple another level for me, in Genealogy case almost every problem I can see that is hardware relacted, that a Remake on Switch would make be almost perfect.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
According to the website, it's Akihiro Honda, sound designer and editor for a number of Metal Gear Solid games and the composer of Peace Walker and Phantom Pain. He also wrote Calling to the Night and arranged the Love Theme for Brawl back in the day.
Dude... THAT'S AWESOME

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Indeed, we've become more than just a support group. Fans of Golden Sun & Isaac and those who want to see our Golden Boy make it in coming together to have fun, speculate, and enjoy each other's company to help make the "waiting game" be more bearable. Plus, if Isaac gets in, he will be opening so many more doors to so many wanted characters. K. Rool and Ridley helped in that for sure as well!

I don't care if Sakurai's Rathalos tweet turned out to be a coincidence. I'm just glad it happened to finally make Isaac & Golden Sun known to the public again after all these years. :')

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
All I hope is that on the website, if they add Golden Sun music as part of Isaac being revealed, that when you click play in the music section, the logo on the left turns gold. Because no other logos turn a distinct gold colour, not even Zelda who's symbol is the Triforce which is like solid gold in most cases.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
All I hope is that on the website, if they add Golden Sun music as part of Isaac being revealed, that when you click play in the music section, the logo on the left turns gold. Because no other logos turn a distinct gold colour, not even Zelda who's symbol is the Triforce which is like solid gold in most cases.
I mean, it would make sense. This is GOLDEN Sun, not SKY-BLUE-PINK Sun.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
As a fellow Hoosier, I can vouch for this. It's absolutely embarrassing to see people try to pass off as being the antithesis of their culture. I'm not saying white folks should not listen to rap music, but dropping your trousers around here makes you more of a meth addict than an OG. Especially in southern Indiana.

Anyway, this is the best fake leak ever:

I'm disappointed that you can't play as The Percy Watson or as DDP's Friends.
Wait till you see this
1536109012527.png

Top Bottom