• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Someone just brought up that FE has diminished in quality. I apologize, as i didn't mean to say fire Emblem charcaters shouldn't(?) get in because the games aren't great. That would make me a hypocrite anyway. Just my personal problems with modern FE from both a gameplay and a content sense.
Nothing wrong with that bruddah. I just see a lot of detractors because of these sort of things. I mean, I defended Ridley way back in the Project M voting thread days because of detractors, despite me not liking him myself. I understand the weight of the character's presence in gaming and I wouldn't want someone like that being taken from the masses just because some people who have close minds disagree. Ya know?

I mean, I wanted Shadow for the longest time and people laughed about that. Now everyone and their grandmother wants him as an echo fighter. Its funny how people can change their perspective if they just open up a little.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Manservice is a great service to us all.
if I was blonde I would def look like Daddy Isaac in real life.

However, I have black hair, so I try my hardest to look like the Cuban Chinese Italian Daddy Isaac.
Man oh man, I really can't wait to wear my Isaac cosplay again if Isaac is in! AND IF HE GETS A NEW LOOK!

Someone just brought up that FE has diminished in quality. I apologize, as i didn't mean to say fire Emblem charcaters shouldn't(?) get in because the games aren't great. That would make me a hypocrite anyway. Just my personal problems with modern FE from both a gameplay and a content sense.
Yeah no I agree, FE did go down in quality big time. Fates was like a bad fanfiction. FE has a different audience now. Echoes tried to fix it.

Three Houses has me worried because I am sick and tired of the avatar character. Make a real LORD and have that the focus. Why is Fe7 the best written? BECAUSE ITS REAL CHARACTER STUGGLE

Not, oh wow my sister has big old ******* and is crazzzzzzyyyyyyyy!!!! Any person like this in real life who is this crazy should be in theropy.

Or ****ing Peri

Ugh,

STABY YAY DEATH GOOGOO GAGA I GOT BUBBLE GUM HAIR XDXDXDXDXDXDX I WILL KILL FOR YOU!!!!

What the **** is that

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Fe7 being the best written is still debatable as hell.

I mean, yeah. It's better than 6. But i think 7 isn't comparable to something like "TSS" "POF" and even "GoTHW"

And Echoes tried to fix it. But IS doing EA levels of Day 1 DLC is despicable.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
if I was blonde I would def look like Daddy Isaac in real life.

However, I have black hair, so I try my hardest to look like the Cuban Chinese Italian Daddy Isaac.
Man oh man, I really can't wait to wear my Isaac cosplay again if Isaac is in! AND IF HE GETS A NEW LOOK!

Yeah no I agree, FE did go down in quality big time. Fates was like a bad fanfiction. FE has a different audience now. Echoes tried to fix it.

Three Houses has me worried because I am sick and tired of the avatar character. Make a real LORD and have that the focus. Why is Fe7 the best written? BECAUSE ITS REAL CHARACTER STUGGLE

Not, oh wow my sister has big old ******* and is crazzzzzzyyyyyyyy!!!! Any person like this in real life who is this crazy should be in theropy.

Or ****ing Peri

Ugh,

STABY YAY DEATH GOOGOO GAGA I GOT BUBBLE GUM HAIR XDXDXDXDXDXDX I WILL KILL FOR YOU!!!!

What the **** is that
Fates had EA levels of predatory DLC and no one talks about that. Echoes did too and Awakening to a lesser extant. IS is Nintendo's Konami

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Geez lots to catch up on while I was asleep and away.

Guys, the only true ship is the plant ship. Isaac X Ivysaur.

I need to think up a better name for Jenna for GS2. Uhh... (Felix is remaining Mask, Sheba is remaining Ivan. :p, Piers I have an idea for.)

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Fe7 being the best written is still debatable as hell.

I mean, yeah. It's better than 6. But i think 7 isn't comparable to something like "TSS" "POF" and even "GoTHW"

And Echoes tried to fix it. But IS doing EA levels of Day 1 DLC is despicable.
I love Fe6, people **** on Roy but don't remember he is a legit child, he does not know magic, he barely can lift a sword, and he is commanding an army

I disagree and think Fe7 is still really great, but I do agree that TSS is pretty good. GoTHW is on a whole other level, too bad many have not played it.

Fates had EA levels of predatory DLC and no one talks about that. Echoes did too and Awakening to a lesser extant. IS is Nintendo's Konami
IS could just focus on FE heroes and still make enough money, that game is a CASH cow! (not like I put too much money in it....cuz I want to 10+ my Jaffar and other units.....and don't have a gatcha problem...)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
IS could just focus on FE heroes and still make enough money, that game is a CASH cow! (not like I put too much money in it....cuz I want to 10+ my Jaffar and other units.....and don't have a gatcha problem...)
IS better not do Day 1 DLC as egregious as SoV again.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Nothing wrong with that bruddah. I just see a lot of detractors because of these sort of things. I mean, I defended Ridley way back in the Project M voting thread days because of detractors, despite me not liking him myself. I understand the weight of the character's presence in gaming and I wouldn't want someone like that being taken from the masses just because some people who have close minds disagree. Ya know?

I mean, I wanted Shadow for the longest time and people laughed about that. Now everyone and their grandmother wants him as an echo fighter. Its funny how people can change their perspective if they just open up a little.
I mean the Smash community is about as bright as a busted light bulb sometimes.

Smash 4: Dark Pit and Lucina: “Ugh more clones, I hate them because they’re taking up precious character slots.”

Smash Ultimate: Daisy, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus: “Echo Fighters? That sounds neat, and it’s a way to get more characters in the game!”

SMFH

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't usually indulge in Nintendo's DLC, but for a Smash character I like, I'd pay a shameful amount of money.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Smash 4: Dark Pit and Lucina: “Ugh more clones, I hate them because they’re taking up precious character slots.”

Smash Ultimate: Daisy, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus: “Echo Fighters? That sounds neat, and it’s a way to get more characters in the game!”

SMFH
I think the perception switch may simply be because by calling them echo fighters, it's verbally acknowledging that they are in fact clones. I think that acknowledgment made them sit better with the vast majority of people. (The name IS cool too...)

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't usually indulge in Nintendo's DLC, but for a Smash character I like, I'd pay a shameful amount of money.
Same, and I feel like ballot choices might fill in some DLC waves.

Echoes for cheap, fighters, stages, etc

Plus I think we might be getting skins for fighters.

If Isaac is DLC I can see like a stage fighter and maybe like skin package

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
About Isaac's chances. Like many of you I am 50/50. While Sakurai has deconfirmed many characters he has not deconfirmed our boy. While he has provided us with a steady stream of characters, he has also spread out deconfirmations. It would make no sense for Sakurai to show all the characters that didn't make it in one presentation so he spaces them apart just like character reveals. The next Smash direct will most certainly end in heartbreak for certain character supporters.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
If it's for a game I've invested time into, I'd indulge in the DLC. I will admit though, if Ultimate has DLC I'll probably pay shameful amounts of money for everything they have on offer since I wasn't in a position to back in Smash 4.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
About Isaac's chances. Like many of you I am 50/50. While Sakurai has deconfirmed many characters he has not deconfirmed our boy. While he has provided us with a steady stream of characters, he has also spread out deconfirmations. It would make no sense for Sakurai to show all the characters that didn't make it in one presentation so he spaces them apart just like character reveals. The next Smash direct will most certainly end in heartbreak for certain character supporters.
Isaac is 50/50 I agree with that.

Here is what worries me

"everyone is here" bring back him as an AT, remove move and give him mother gaia and other like huge attacks. His OPness could fit him for that,

If not, he is going to be in base or DLC. After smash releases there will still be more demand for DLC.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If it's for a game I've invested time into, I'd indulge in the DLC. I will admit though, if Ultimate has DLC I'll probably pay shameful amounts of money for everything they have on offer since I wasn't in a position to back in Smash 4.
Smash's DLC was always pretty decent. With the exception of Mii Fighters.

SOV just wasn't that good with DLC.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

SMFH
It's all in the marketing.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

SMFH
The reason for this is due to most fans not understanding that clone characters didn’t takeaway a spot on the roster from someone else.

Now that clones have an official branding to them, those people no longer think that way.

I’m not sure why it took this to make them understand but it is what it is.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
The reason for this is due to most fans not understanding that clone characters didn’t takeaway a spot on the roster from someone else.

Now that clones have an official branding to them, those people no longer think that way.

I’m not sure why it took this to make them understand but it is what it is.

I like how people are so on board with Echoes now.

OMG THIS CAN BE ONE OR THIS!

Sakurai is smart to rebrand em.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Smash's DLC was always pretty decent. With the exception of Mii Fighters.

SOV just wasn't that good with DLC.
Smash DLC started okay though Mewtwo should have been in the base game. I could not stand some of the new character choices. Ryu and Cloud were okay. :4bayonetta: and :4corrin: had me like what.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Smash DLC started okay though Mewtwo should have been in the base game. I could not stand some of the new character choices. Ryu and Cloud were okay. :4bayonetta: and :4corrin: had me like what.
Corrin was a mistake and only in because of Fates becoming a sad cash cow. Yes they are a different fighter, but man oh man, they did not deserve a spot imo.

Bayo was left field, idk anyone who expected her.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I like how people are so on board with Echoes now.

OMG THIS CAN BE ONE OR THIS!

Sakurai is smart to rebrand em.
I think one of the things that may have added fuel to the fire when it came to the inclusion of :4lucina: and :4darkpit: was that Fire Emblem already got :4robinm: and Kid Icarus already got :4palutena:. If instead things were spread out more even with clones backlash would not have been as bad. Just making an observation, not speaking for myself.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
They will. Come on, they will. Fighters from the past! Or something stupid. IS is greedy.

YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST THE RAP GAME?!!

YOU WANT ME TO DROP MY MIX TAPE
I was just saying I am glad he is not a 15 year old gangster wannabe. Have you see kids and even younger 20s guys acting gangster? Seriously the guys around here are hicks in pickup trucks acting gangster. It is like country and rap had a baby...it is called crap lol.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I was just saying I am glad he is not a 15 year old gangster wannabe. Have you see kids and even younger 20s guys acting gangster? Seriously the guys around here are hicks in pickup trucks acting gangster. It is like country and rap had a baby...it is called crap lol.
Lol, I am from NY. It's all over.
(I even had a phase when I was a kid, my 50 cent phase, it was a bad time)

Moddern rap gangster is terrible though. 50 was about being tough, now its about xans and goochi gang. It's sad.

Lol that is too funny! Where you at? A hick trying to be gangster.

Where I am at now, I just have country guys calling me a **** and telling me they are going to build the wall and throw me over.
(Even though I am cuban but to them everyone is mexican)

Top Bottom