• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm replying every Smash related NoA tweet or retweet with #IsaacForSmash and a pic of our golden boy xd
There was a problem fetching the tweet
But I'm running out of Isaac images, if you could send me more I would be grateful.
PD: Tell me if this is a mistake to cause more Isaac haters for the "spam", but I saw a lot of Banjo spam on Twitter and nobody hate him.
I'm not sure replying to Best Buy will do anything. they aren't Nintendo.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, do you all want to see something really weird?

I found a youtube channel where a guy just dances to video game music. he does nothing else. He's done like every ost you can think of. Its very strange lol. He also has thousands of videos

I mean I've seen videos of a guy who just sits and smiles at the camera for four hours, there's plenty of weird to go around on Youtube. :p

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I forget. What happened with Shantae?
Basically most of her fanbase for smash has been stigmatized with basically hentai of her, wanting her in for fanservice only, etc. Even though she actually does have unique powers that do bring to the table.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure replying to Best Buy will do anything. they aren't Nintendo.
Is a Nintendo of America retweet, I could do the same on Nintendo and Smash Japan twittee but other guy is already doing it successfully(50 to 100 RTs average)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Basically most of her fanbase for smash has been stigmatized with basically hentai of her, wanting her in for fanservice only, etc. Even though she actually does have unique powers that do bring to the table.
Every Smash character has Rule 34, even the likes of Jigglypuff, so that argument isn't a valid one.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I remember during the days of Brawl, people would accuse anyone who even thought Lucario would get in of being a furry lol

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

Oh that's bad, I played 2 Shantae games on my wii u and those were really good platformers games

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not surprising. Was a baseless stigma when it was lobbied against Krystal and Lyn fans, and it's just as meaningless now. But some people will try to tear down support of characters they don't care about any way possible.

the weirdest video i've seen so far

Let's not dive down this rabbit hole.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace

I found a youtube channel where a guy just dances to video game music. he does nothing else. He's done like every ost you can think of. Its very strange lol. He also has thousands of videos

Like ... I'm no dancer but I'm pretty sure this is not the kinda choreography you come up with while listening to this track.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Umm... What? Couldn't this literally be said about any female inclusion? Look there are people who want her for reasons that aren't fan service, myself included. Lmfao.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Not surprising. Was a baseless stigma when it was lobbied against Krystal and Lyn fans, and it's just as meaningless now. But some people will try to tear down support of characters they don't care about any way possible.

Let's not dive down this rabbit hole.
At least Isaac don't have this thing against him(for now)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Umm... What? Couldn't this literally be said about any female inclusion? Look there are people who want her for reasons that aren't fan service, myself included. Lmfao.
I doubt this is even a reason most people share.

I've seen better arguments against shantae, and this is the absolute worst.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I doubt this is even a good reason most people share.

I've seen better arguments for shantae, and this is the absolute worst.
Agreed. But like people are going to do these things regardless if they make it in Smash or not. I mean sure its likely to increase the amount of it produced. But people are still going to make it. Its like, the biggest non-issue lmfao.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It might be problematic for Shantae, I haven't been following, but you should've seen what Krystal supporters went through. Bar none they had it the worst in this area. It was actually among the most common points against her, that her support was driven largely by furries. Ridiculous.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It might be problematic for Shantae, I haven't been following, but you should've seen what Krystal supporters went through. Bar none they had it the worst in this area. It was actually among the most common points against her, that her support was driven largely by furries. Ridiculous.
lmao, seriously?? i had no idea. I feel bad for the krystal supporters.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae

"Golden Sun dancer for Smash Ultimate confirmed!! he could teach 50 cent some moves

Q-Long

Smash Lord
you know who should remix music for golden sun

nobuo uematsu

i would also like to see what the yakuza composer and SMT composer can do with the tracks

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
lmao, seriously?? i had no idea. I feel bad for the krystal supporters.
Especially nonsense as, much like I've become associated with Isaac support, and BKupa with K. Rool, Opossum with Chrom, etc. the guy who lead the charge on Krystal support back in the day was gay. But that didn't really fit into the narrative of the detractors, lol.

In any case, I do think most people, at least these days, recognize how profoundly faulty that line of logic is.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
But like.... Palutena and Bayonetta exists in Smash probably for the same reason. Yeah they have legitimate supporters. But y'all can't tell me otherwise that the demand for them was entirely pure intentions. lmfao

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But like.... Palutena and Bayonetta exists in Smash probably for the same reason. Yeah they have legitimate supporters. But y'all can't tell me otherwise that the demand for them was entirely pure intentions. lmfao
Any female characters that get support in Smash have an equal chance of being supported for less than savory reasons.

Yes, even Isabelle.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I agree with that. I can't tell what the source inspiration is tbh. It looks like somewhere down the middle of Ray 01 and Ray MK III.
Given that Ray 01 and Ray M III are representive of both the American and the Japanese/European Fanbase, Sakurai could do a mix of both to appeal to both sides, like he's been doing with Ultimate's style being a mix of Melee, Brawl, and 4.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Given that Ray 01 and Ray M III are representive of both the American and the Japanese/European Fanbase, Sakurai could do a mix of both to appeal to both sides, like he's been doing with Ultimate's style being a mix of Melee, Brawl, and 4.
I'd be down for seeing him do an original take on Ray yeah. RIP Custom Robo tho. Really wish it had a new game.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'd be down for seeing him do an original take on Ray yeah. RIP Custom Robo tho. Really wish it had a new game.
Blame Noise losing all of it's main staff with CR.

I'm still not sure Ray was as popular as someone like Wonder Red. Or isaac.. But i REALLY hope he does become a fighter.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Blame Noise losing all of it's main staff with CR.

I'm still not sure Ray was as popular as someone like Wonder Red. Or isaac.. But i REALLY hope he does become a fighter.
As a long time Custom Robo fan, it pains me to say I don't think he will even be a factor.

D

Deleted member

Guys, he just don't know Golden Sun, if a common thing think that things you don't know aren't big thing, some Friends still mock me for Liking Fire Emblem since its not very popular where I was born, same with Golden Sun
And then Fire Emblem became a Waifu Factory, if you would.

Honestly, Fire Emblem is something I don't like to bother with because outside of SD Gundam G Generation, I don't care for turn-based strategy games.

Anyway, I was going to suggest that Isaac's reveal trailer would likely feature GBA-quality sprites of characters before Rathalos runs through the party of characters, which ties into Isaac arriving and taking on the wyvern by himself.

I forget. What happened with Shantae?
Well... starting with Risky's Revenge, Shantae became a game entirely about fanservice. Like, the "magic" outfit that Shantae wears is pretty much a bikini, and all the female leads wind up wearing a similar bikini in The Pirate's Curse when Shantae is misinterpreted as a princess by clingy individuals who seemingly have bad vision and memory. Half-Genie Hero doubles down on this even further given there's a Swimsuit Mode, and how Risky's mode has her "world map" from a bathtub.

I mean, to each their own, but I feel like there IS a line in which fanservice becomes obnoxious. I mean, one of the first manga I read as a teenager was Negima!, and that was full of service, making the point of the story meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom