• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
For the characters with low chances like ray and saki I'd like to at least see their assist trophies come back, at least to please their fans a bit. Assist trophy representation is still huge, and it's better than nothing right?

Machete

Smash Ace
So totally unrelated to the Rule 34 topic but what are the chances of a Daddy Isaac skin

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
For the characters with low chances like ray and saki I'd like to at least see their assist trophies come back, at least to please their fans a bit. Assist trophy representation is still huge, and it's better than nothing right?
I mean, i know Saki will probably come back, since he was in Smash 4.

But i'm not sure about ray...His AT would've been shown by now. :<

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
So totally unrelated to the Rule 34 topic but what are the chances of a Daddy Isaac skin
That's totally unrelated ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also probably a 10% chance since he would have different proportions than teen Isaac but I would like to see it for sure

ZelDan

Smash Master
They might give him alt skins where he has his trench coat and apparel from Dark Dawn. I don't think they'd actually give him an alt where he is older though.

They did do something similar with Ike, I realize, but Ike didn't change looks between PoR and RD as substancially as Isaac did between The Lost Age and Dark Dawn.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I see we've picked up some interesting topics to make up for the lack of info on leaks.

Also wtf lol

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
They might give him alt skins where he has his trench coat and apparel from Dark Dawn. I don't think they'd actually give him an alt where he is older though.

They did do something similar with Ike, I realize, but Ike didn't change looks between PoR and RD as substancially as Isaac did between The Lost Age and Dark Dawn.
They might make the coat a part of his standard design like that render leak did. I've suspected for a while now they might give him the Roy treatment. As long as they keep the rest of his young Isaac elements, I'm fine with that.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I mean, i know Saki will probably come back, since she was in Smash 4.

But i'm not sure about ray...His AT would've been shown by now. :<
You never know honestly. It could still happen, since we still have so many assists trophies yet to be announced

ZelDan

Smash Master
They might make the coat a part of his standard design like that render leak did. I've suspected for a while now they might give him the Roy treatment. As long as they keep the rest of his young Isaac elements, I'm fine with that.
I really liked that render too (some questionable stuff with his face/hair aside), so I'd be down for a re-design like that.

I'll also say I'm not really against having an older-bearded alt for Isaac either, as long as we still get young Isaac playable.

Machete

Smash Ace
That's totally unrelated ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also probably a 10% chance since he would have different proportions than teen Isaac but I would like to see it for sure
It'd be nice to have another not-twinky anime guy, since now even Hot Ike is just an alternate costume. Oh well. It's not the end of the world, regular Isaac has a good enough design. I don't think Sakurai has yet to disappoint with the way a character looks in this game, he is kind of obsessive about the tiny details.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah

But it's less in your face. No more self inserts.

That stuff is now in the quarantine zone. Aka fire emblem heroes
I can actually agree with that. Still though. I think people focus too much on "fan service" as an argument that they don't even take time to appreciate the games for what they are worth. I've always found it a non-issue to ignore things like that when I really like the characters in question.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I can actually agree with that. Still though. I think people focus too much on "fan service" as an argument that they don't even take time to appreciate the games for what they are worth. I've always found it a non-issue to ignore things like that when I really like the characters in question.
Yeah, the REAL issues are the difficulty and the DLC practices.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
It'd be nice to have another not-twinky anime guy, since now even Hot Ike is just an alternate costume. Oh well. It's not the end of the world, regular Isaac has a good enough design. I don't think Sakurai has yet to disappoint with the way a character looks in this game, he is kind of obsessive about the tiny details.
I wish he would be obsessive for wario. Would love warioland stuff

Confirmation

Smash Ace

I'd be surprised if they brought up adult Isaac at all, and if they do I would almost certainly expect Matthew in some capacity

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the REAL issues are the difficulty and the DLC practices.
I miss when Intelligent Systems made awesome games like Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door and Advance Wars. Now it is Paper Mario Paints and waifu combat simulator AKA modern Fire Emblem.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Random-ish thought:

I think if we get Isaac, we 100% should get Dark Dawn Isaac as an alternate look, similar to Ike having both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Also on the topic of Rule 34, I'm okay with shirtless Dark Dawn Isaac... especially if it references this:

(also want this outfit for Ryu TBH... along with Alpha Ryu)

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Depends on who you are asking. That is also a very subjective matter.
True.

Honestly if it's good gameplay I would play a game where you play as a literal butt. It's a old school philosophy for me. Graphics are in the back of the bus.

But I had a friend who wouldn't touch bayonetta cause it was too sexual for him. Sucks cause it's a good game.

That being said shadows of valentina was not waifu or sexual at all.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I mean, fan-service is kinda a subjective matter too. So i'm not really sure why subjectivity is somehow important now.
What I'm trying to get across out of this is that if you like a character, who gives a **** about all the specifics and semantics. Just enjoy your damn character. Don't let dumb things like DLC, fan service, and anything otherwise get in the way. That stuff can all be easily ignored.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
What I'm trying to get across out of this is that if you like a character, who gives a **** about all the specifics and semantics. Just enjoy your damn character. Don't let dumb things like DLC, fan service, and anything otherwise get in the way. That stuff can all be easily ignored.
...What does it have to do with liking the character? I thought we were talking about the quality of the games.

Machete

Smash Ace
I might be weird, but I don't really see why that would even be an effective argument. Bayonetta has tons of fanservice and it's a great game. Using "fanservice" as an argument against a game or a character is so weird to me. Like, yeah, they are meant to be attractive, so what? That is the point, why even use that as an argument?

I wish he would be obsessive for wario. Would love warioland stuff
I think that might be an intentional effort on his part to try and be purely WarioWare stuff. Which is... debatable if that is for the best. But thankfully Wario is the outlier, not the norm. If Inkling, Ridley, Simon and K.Rool are our standards, well, I am sure Isaac has nothing to worry about, both in terms of looks and moveset.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I might be weird, but I don't really see why that would even be an effective argument. Bayonetta has tons of fanservice and it's a great game. Using "fanservice" as an argument against a game or a character is so weird to me. Like, yeah, they are meant to be attractive, so what? That is the point, why even use that as an argument?
I'm not the one using it as an argument. I'm the one arguing against people using fan service as an excuse lmfao.

...What does it have to do with liking the character? I thought we were talking about the quality of the games.
We were just talking about Shantae earlier. I thought that the conversation stretched into FE being about fan service. Also, it wasn't meant to sound like an attack. I'm just passionate about people supporting characters. They shouldn't let things like that bog them down.

Machete

Smash Ace
I'm not the one using it as an argument. I'm the one arguing against people using fan service as an excuse lmfao.
Yeah, I know, I was agreeing with you.

Random-ish thought:

I think if we get Isaac, we 100% should get Dark Dawn Isaac as an alternate look, similar to Ike having both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Also on the topic of Rule 34, I'm okay with shirtless Dark Dawn Isaac... especially if it references this:

(also want this outfit for Ryu TBH... along with Alpha Ryu)
That outfit is most necessary

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I am just exited guys, like this is Isaac best chance.
I am still 50/50 just hope Isaac does not get AT.

We always have DLC and we all know we are getting DLC.

Nintendo is planning to make this game a CASH cow.

(This just has me worried for AC Switch)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

We were just talking about Shantae earlier. I thought that the conversation stretched into FE being about fan service. Also, it wasn't meant to sound like an attack. I'm just passionate about people supporting characters. They shouldn't let things like that bog them down.
Someone just brought up that FE has diminished in quality. I apologize, as i didn't mean to say fire Emblem charcaters shouldn't(?) get in because the games aren't great. That would make me a hypocrite anyway. Just my personal problems with modern FE from both a gameplay and a content sense.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Modern Intelligent Systems is a cynical, souless studio that pumps out low-effort, pandering trite for no other motive than profit. Awakening was the last FE game that had anything resembling passion, while Paper Mario and Advance Wars died long ago.
Awakening was my first game made by IS so I'm a bit biased. The game isn't as bad as some FE fans say it is but it certainly isn't the best in the series. Not even top 3 imo.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Just reading this page makes me realize how badly we need Isaac confirmed so we can talk about more normal subjects, like the matchup against 50 Cent and how anyone could ever win that.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
People have different tastes, some people like fan service in their games some people do not. It all depends on what kind of fan service it is and how it speaks to you. For example: Super Smash Bros has a lot of Nintendo characters in it, which can be seen as fan service for fans of Nintendo games. I may not like the direction Fire Emblem has taken but, I know there are many people who became fans because of this new direction and that is for them to enjoy.

Top Bottom