• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I just want to confirm if Isaac is in or not, sooner than later...

Okay you know what? I'm calling a character reveal in the nindies direct today and it's not gonna be an indie character, its gonna happen JUST WATCH
...pssshhh haha what a dumb prediction to make hahahahh

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Yeah it was pretty boring...and the guy presenting had terrible puns

He made me get out of my seat and walk away at one point

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I really hope Shantae fans don’t turn out like Ashley fans and throw a hissy fit.

This was not a Smash direct. Of course nothing would be shown off.

Sadly I’m more worried about Isaac.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I really hope Shantae fans don’t turn out like Ashley fans and throw a hissy fit.

This was not a Smash direct. Of course nothing would be shown off.

Sadly I’m more worried about Isaac.
At this point, i'm just playing the game "Where's Isaac."

It involves looking for isaac in the huge crowd of smash fighters.

Yeah it was pretty boring...and the guy presenting had terrible puns

He made me get out of my seat and walk away at one point

I don't get why they had him do the direct. The other guy did just fine last time. It's like he said "Hey, i'll get someone to commentate on this Nindies direct with even more bad puns."

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Welp, now it's time to refresh nintendo twitter accout until they annouce a direct, but this time they did not say: Stay tuned for more information coming soon.

D:

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Stop being so negative
Lol, I can be as negative as I want to be.

Was that targeted to the Shante thing? Or the Isaac thing?

If it’s for Shante thing, yeah I hope to god those fans don’t go ape ****. You know how bad it makes the Smash community when fans throw hissy fits over a character.

For Isaac
I am worried about his chances.
What I can’t be worried?

I am looking at this as a person who wants Isaac and a person who needs to look at all the evidence.

Even if we take the AT out of the picture
We need to bank that Isaac is going to get in on the ballots. Even if he’s number 1atm
They need to figure him out how to become a fighter.
So I’m worried.
I want Isaac but I’m worried

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
It’s the matter of trying to make Psynergy into something that works for Smash.

Is it possible, yes, it’s possible for anything

However, can Sakurai team make it possible and work for smash bros
I have a lot of faith in the Lord.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Lol, I can be as negative as I want to be.

Was that targeted to the Shante thing? Or the Isaac thing?

If it’s for Shante thing, yeah I hope to god those fans don’t go ape ****. You know how bad it makes the Smash community when fans throw hissy fits over a character.

For Isaac
I am worried about his chances.
What I can’t be worried?

I am looking at this as a person who wants Isaac and a person who needs to look at all the evidence.

Even if we take the AT out of the picture
We need to bank that Isaac is going to get in on the ballots. Even if he’s number 1atm
They need to figure him out how to become a fighter.
So I’m worried.
I want Isaac but I’m worried
Well... if the worst happens for moveset they skill can make him Robin's Echo XD (just kidding)

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Well... if the worst happens for moveset they skill can make him Robin's Echo XD (just kidding)
I wouldn’t mind if that’s the worst case. I had Robin as my main for a while due to denial. Once Roy came back tho, I was back on my binding blade

5F532057-99C4-490F-A184-46DD6CF551A3.jpeg
This image had me thinking, I would love to see Isaac maybe get his Alts like how Ike has his alts. Adult and Kid.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
However, can Sakurai team make it possible and work for smash bros
Isaac is probably one of the easiest fighters to handle in all honesty. I don't know why ANYONE would be worried about if Sakurai can make Isaac. Of course he can. Making Isaac with a good solid moveset won't be a hard task at all. Sakurai's had to deal with far worse, like Villager. Sheesh.

The question isn't if Isaac can have a workable moveset, its if Sakurai saw enough support to include him. The moveset design is the easy part in the decision making process.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Honestly Venus Adepts as a whole are enigmatic.

Isaac and Felix are just about the only Venus Adepts we know of. Maybe Kyle, but we never see him use Psynergy.

Whereas we know of Multiple Mars, Mercury and Jupiter Adepts over the course of the games.
I always linked the Izumo village to be kinda the Venus Adept village since there is Gaia Rock near it and that Takeru if I remember can use psynergy. If I recall Himi is the daughter of Takeru? And she can use Venus psynergy

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Just thought of a funny tag line for us:

“Golden Sun’s fan base let’s out a howl! Isaac for Smash!”

I’m sure it’s not original. But it’s frikken perfect either way. I say we keep it.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
People think Golden sun won't get their own series section in My Music.

The reason is because less important series like duck hunt and ice climbers are in "Other".

The problem with that is those characters only had one game under their belt, and the other games that have their own section have more than one entry. :p

EclairSpark

Smash Rookie
Hey!!! Decided on a whim to finally join this forum and post in here! I wanted to show my support for Isaac before we know what's he's fate in this game.

Truth be told, my heart feels like he's in even though something in the back of my head is screaming that he isn't, but eff that noise I'm supporting him either way and I'm ready to celebrate when the time comes

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
People think Golden sun won't get their own series section in My Music.

The reason is because less important series like duck hunt and ice climbers are in "Other".

The problem with that is those characters only had one game under their belt, and the other games that have their own section have more than one entry. :p
Not just that, but there literally isn't much music to make or add from duck hunt or ice climbers. Golden sun is a completely different story there's so many tracks to choose from so I think it would definitely get its own music section

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I know it's obvious they'll have the song in ultimate, but i hope they keep this song
they'll probably use this music for his trailer

Last edited:

EclairSpark

Smash Rookie
I know it's obvious they'll have the song in ultimate, but i hope they keep this song
This song is really really good but something that lowkey bothers me about it is that it doesn't loop back to Felix's battle theme, it just keeps playing the Doom Dragon part haha

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I just hope it's the "Battle! [Isaac]" theme that plays for Isaac's reveal. Even better if it's a brand new remix/remaster of it. And if Felix is in, it would play the one from Brawl for him.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
No one in the Shantae thread genuinely expected a reveal at the Nindies direct, just were open to the possibility. Furthermore, none of Ashley's fans "threw a hissy fit", just were rightfully disappointed about their character getting deconfirmed. As anyone would be.

If you're going to make sweeping generalizations about character fandoms then at least keep it to Waluigi, because at least some of his fans have an actual history of hissy fits. And even then, that's just a very small but vocal minority.

On a more positive and on-topic note, I grow more optimistic about Isaac's chances as the days go by. Based on trends and personal hunches, it is Isaac and Geno that are the characters I am most confident in to be among the remaining unique newcomers.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wait... did people really expect Smash news in the Nindies Direct?

That was never ever ever EVER going to happen.

It would basically put all the Indie games under the bus and would be terrible for the indie devs who work so hard to make their games and port them to the Nintendo Switch.

People should let these Indie companies/games have their time in these Directs. Respect the devs.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
No one in the Shantae thread genuinely expected a reveal at the Nindies direct, just were open to the possibility. Furthermore, none of Ashley's fans "threw a hissy fit", just were rightfully disappointed about their character getting deconfirmed. As anyone would be.

If you're going to make sweeping generalizations about character fandoms then at least keep it to Waluigi, because at least some of his fans have an actual history of hissy fits. And even then, that's just a very small but vocal minority.

On a more positive and on-topic note, I grow more optimistic about Isaac's chances as the days go by. Based on trends and personal hunches, it is Isaac and Geno that are the characters I am most confident in to be among the remaining unique newcomers.
Yeah the Waluigi fan base really irks me. Especially since many of them are just doing it for the memes and disregarding the fact that he’s been deconfirmed.

Haven’t seen a fan base this annoying since Ridley.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
You know, I can’t say I’m a huge fan of this remix. I honestly hope that they just use the Isaac Battle Theme music for his reveal trailer. A big brass arrangement of that theme, ala King K. Rool, would be absolutely amazing.

Edit: Something similar to this

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the Waluigi fan base really irks me. Especially since many of them are just doing it for the memes and disregarding the fact that he’s been deconfirmed.

Haven’t seen a fan base this annoying since Ridley.
I partially agree, but at the same time he has a huge pool of genuine fans who kind of get wrongfully grouped in with the memers and the Sakurai harassers. Every character has good fans and bad fans, it's just Waluigi's bad fans have become more notorious.

It would basically put all the Indie games under the bus and would be terrible for the indie devs who work so hard to make their games and port them to the Nintendo Switch.

People should let these Indie companies/games have their time in these Directs. Respect the devs.
That argument got repeated ad nauseam in the Shantae thread. I mostly agree, but I also feel that a Shantae reveal would have been more good for the indie scene than bad. As an aspiring indie dev, that would have been a beacon that even an indie character could someday be in a game as reputable as Smash. But yes, even if she is in, there is a better time for a reveal than that.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Honestly they could just use this and I would be more than happy. That's pretty close to what I'd imagine a Smash remix/arrangement of Isaac's Theme to sound like. Then again, it might be a bit heavy on the drums here and there.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly they could just use this and I would be more than happy. That's pretty close to what I'd imagine a Smash remix/arrangement of Isaac's Theme to sound like. Then again, it might be a bit heavy on the drums here and there.
You know, I can’t say I’m a huge fan of this remix. I honestly hope that they just use the Isaac Battle Theme music for his reveal trailer. A big brass arrangement of that theme, ala King K. Rool, would be absolutely amazing.

Edit: Something similar to this
Oof. Yeah. They are not that great.

They don't sound even remotely to how to what i'd imagine.

I honestly wish there was some more....exciting stuff.

The only exclusive switch game that got a release date was dragon: marked for death.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd be very surprised if they didn't create a new remix of Isaacs battle theme and use that in his trailer. I mean it's super super obvious and also it's his theme tune.

I'm not necessarily expecting a huge amount of Golden Sun music, but a remix of Isaacs battle theme really ought to be a no brainer if he gets in.

Edit: I could maybe see this song being used for Felix if he gets in as an echo though. Since this remix is partially based on his battle theme.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
The Ashley fans who were genuinely mad were only a vocal minority. To state otherwise is an unfair generalization imo.

I just hope it's the "Battle! [Isaac]" theme that plays for Isaac's reveal. Even better if it's a brand new remix/remaster of it. And if Felix is in, it would play the one from Brawl for him.
Yeah I hope we get a remix of the Isaac battle theme if he gets in.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, the thing that has tainted Waluigi for me isn't the fanbase, but the consistent amount of youtubers who genuinely think Waluigi will definetely get in.

Like, i hear people say "Waluigi will definitely get in due to the backlash."

No. Sorry to say, but he's an assist trophy. Lyn is also an assist trophy, but just because a lot of people are wanting it, doesnt mean Sakurai is suddenly gonna waste time and money making an already deveolped and ported assist trophy into a character.

Characters like isaac at least have the benefit of not being shown, and his assist trophy being cut in 4, so he at least has potential to be in.

No. Waluigi got made an assist trophy again. And Sakurai isn't gonna put resources into making Waluigi a character when they probably already got other characters, modes, and tons of bug-testing to do before the game is released in 3 months.

This isn't an attack on the fans, but a critique on the youtubers spreading this misinformation and potentially clickbaiting them. It's not cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom