• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
Morning peeps! You reached 8,000 posts this week but I had a three day anniversary with my partner (he is supporting me in my Isaac fan support)

Oh well! Enough about my excuses! Time for your just reward! Another one of my classic 5-minute post-it note drawings! Next one at 9,000!

View attachment 160132
:ultpit:: Hey! He's stealing my bit!
Viridi: What? Your illiteracy?
:ultpit:: Yeah!

Wait... can Isaac read?

I mean there are signposts and stuff in Golden Sun, right?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow I just got another example that I am an unaware person! If you check the Smash Ultimate Dojo blog, you can see photos of announcements, yeah.

But if you click the little bar under the pictures, you can click a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc photos. I did not even know that and I feel like a full for not knowing that! :laugh:
Hence why a fair few of my posts (especially early ones) have the :laugh: emote
Part of me always kind of just assumes I'm wrong and makes up ways of how to present how wrong I am without being overly critical! :laugh:
Jokes aside.. what do you expect in the next direct?
If I were guessing purely without leaks in mind, I would say a Gen 7 Pokémon, either Tapu Koko, Incineroar or Decidueye. In fact if we get a general Direct, I lean towards that + maybe an Echo Fighter reveal (or 2).

If I were guessing with leaks and for an actual Smash Direct (even a mini one) before a Final Smash Direct... I would say Isaac as an opener with an Echo Fighter or two or three and Skull Kid as a closer. If I had to guess Echo Fighters/clone fighter to pair with it, I would say Felix paired with Isaac possibly, and likely 1 or 2 of Dixie Kong, Shadow, Ken or Isabelle.

Any of that would be a great reveal as well.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Jokes aside.. what do you expect in the next direct?
I'm not sure if I expect two character reveals in the next direct but I'm feeling an Isaac and Rayman reveal right now. Incineroar and Geno are kinda wildcards though. However I'm thinking Geno might be kept for the final Smash direct.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I would wager if Isaac is being hinted, he should hopefully be in the next direct.

On a note of my GSPPO run, I've reached Babi Lighthouse, so I guess it's time to train and then potentially take on the dreaded crossbone isle.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I would wager if Isaac is being hinted, he should hopefully be in the next direct.

On a note of my GSPPO run, I've reached Babi Lighthouse, so I guess it's time to train and then potentially take on the dreaded crossbone isle.
I imagine if you can take on Crossbone Isle Psynergy only. The Fusion Dragon will be absolutely no problem. XD

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
If there's a Pokemon newcomer and the next reveal will be at a general direct, there's a very high chance that will be who's shown next. Since it's not Smash-specific, it'd have an audience that extends beyond that game who could be more familiar with a Pokemon than Geno or Isaac. Those two feel ripe for a Smash direct.

Skull Kid could be another they go for if he's also playable since he has a lot of notoriety as a popular villain of a massive franchise beyond Smash. Same goes for Bandana Dee with his major role as a Kirby protagonist, but I also could see a third party character being revealed as well.

However, if Sakurai continues with the usual pattern of revealing characters that are gradually less hype, maybe we'll instead get Geno and Isaac revealed next. It's honestly 50/50 in my mind whether we know of Isaac's fate at the next possible opportunity, and that both excites and frightens me.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If there's a Pokemon newcomer and the next reveal will be at a general direct, there's a very high chance that will be who's shown next. Since it's not Smash-specific, it'd have an audience that extends beyond that game who could be more familiar with a Pokemon than Geno or Isaac. Those two feel ripe for a Smash direct.
Has a Pokemon newcomer ever been shown off in a Pokemon direct? If we get one for Pokemon Let's Go I could see Incineroar being revealed there.

I'm not super convinced that where the newcomers get revealed is going to be based on the type of direct. If the remaining newcomers are largely ballot focused there's a chance they could all be kind of niche reveals anyway. (aside from Incineroar, Rayman and Banjo & Kazooie)

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Has a Pokemon newcomer ever been shown off in a Pokemon direct? If we get one for Pokemon Let's Go I could see Incineroar being revealed there.

I'm not super convinced that where the newcomers get revealed is going to be based on the type of direct. If the remaining newcomers are largely ballot focused there's a chance they could all be kind of niche reveals anyway. (aside from Incineroar, Rayman and Banjo & Kazooie)
Not yet. Greninja and Charizard were revealed in an April Smash direct. Even so, I'd change my tune if there were a Pokemon direct since that'd honestly be pretty timely. I suppose a matter of "who gets revealed where" might not mean much in the end, true. They probably could throw anybody up there and be able to work with it since it's Smash, regardless.

That'd be something; to see Golden Sun get such a big spotlight like a general Nintendo direct when it hasn't been heard from in almost a decade. I'd love that because I could see a few non-Smash fans still being curious about Isaac.

Royaru

Smash Cadet
Um... Since Melee, every game has three new franchise, two of them are "normal" and the other one is obscure. Since brawl, every game has two new third party franchise in the base roster.
Melee : Ice Climber, Fire emblem and Game&Watch
Brawl : Wario, Kid Icarus and ROB, for the thirds party were Sonic and MGS
Smash4 : Punch-Out!!, Xenoblade and Duck Hunt, for the thirds partys were Pacman and Megaman

In Ultimate, we have one new franchise for first and third party... So at least, there will be two new franchise for first and one for thirds. In the other hand, in brawl and 4 there were at least one newcomer for the one franchise that were introduce in the previous game, in Brawl we had Ike and in Smash4 we had Palutena...

So... My bets for the final roster are : Isaac (GS), Elma (Xenoblade), Lip (Panel de Pon) and Lloyd Irving (To), at least this four, but Skull Kid is too Likely.
Well, I wrote this in the general newcomer Speculation, but I think is an argument for Isaac also.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I wrote this in the general newcomer Speculation, but I think is an argument for Isaac also.
Ehm, we also had Pikmin as a new franchise in Brawl aswell as Mii, Wii Fit, and Animal Crossing as new franchises in 4. But indeed, it could be something in favor of Isaac. It would be odd if Splatoon were the only new first party franchise in Ultimate.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hm. Nobody's going to bring it up here? Guess I'll have to.
Today's Blog post is Rathalos, and this is the second image for him.

While it might be nothing, it's worth noting that the target of Rathalos' fireball in this image is Lucas: a young, blond-haired JRPG-protagonist from the GBA.

The camera angle is also similar to the Camelot Angle, though it's mirrored so the connection is way weaker than last time.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking to finish the first Golden Sun while I decide on a castlevania to play. Honestly never played a single castlevania sadly and GBA was my life."PROFOUND SADNESS"
All of the castlevanias i have tried have been good. I have only played about half of them and completed none lol.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Hm. Nobody's going to bring it up here? Guess I'll have to.
Today's Blog post is Rathalos, and this is the second image for him.

While it might be nothing, it's worth noting that the target of Rathalos' fireball in this image is Lucas: a young, blond-haired JRPG-protagonist from the GBA.

The camera angle is also similar to the Camelot Angle, though it's mirrored so the connection is weaker than last time.
Nah, if it was with Link, Marth and Shulk I would say holy **** the tease.
I think this is just showing the AT off

KMDP

Smash Legend
Nah, if it was with Link, Marth and Shulk I would say holy **** the tease.
I think this is just showing the AT off
Yeah, last time was very strong Golden Sun vibes. This is weaker and requires more explicit straw-grasping.

Choosing Lucas as the fighter in the image may or may not be a coincidence, we'll have to wait and see.

I swear, if they have Isaac in the game, and Rathalos is in his trailer... XD

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Yeah, last time was very strong Golden Sun vibes. This is weaker and requires more explicit straw-grasping.

Choosing Lucas as the fighter in the image may or may not be a coincidence, we'll have to wait and see.

I swear, if they have Isaac in the game, and Rathalos is in his trailer... XD
It might instead be a Mother 3 reference since
the main goal of Lucas' journey is to wake a sleeping dragon that has the power to destroy the world. There are a lot of fires, meteors, and explosions in the ending to demonstrate said power.

Thematically, that would make sense but I can't shake the feeling that Lucas could be a part two of the Isaac teaser. Aside from him also being a blonde JRPG protagonist on the GBA, both also go through a disaster-filled prologue and a three year shift forward in time to where they're more grown up and their adventures first begin. Though these seem to be common tropes in JRPGs so there's a good chance I'm reaching on this.

If Isaac's in, I'm convinced his trailer is going to feature him defeating Rathalos. I just know Sakurai will make that reference. It's far too easy.

EDIT: Also, if we're taking note of how Link, Marth, and Shulk represent all games aside from Brawl, Lucas fits that missing gap perfectly.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I got an idea.

What if Isaac's moveset was more Magic based, and uses a sword in some attacks.

But Felix uses his sword for a good majority of his attacks?

(Then again, him being an echo could take a lot of work to make that happen.)

Tetiro

Smash Ace
the main goal of Lucas' journey is to wake a sleeping dragon that has the power to destroy the world. There are a lot of fires, meteors, and explosions in the ending to demonstrate said power.

Thematically, that would make sense but I can't shake the feeling that Lucas could be a part two of the Isaac teaser. Aside from him also being a blonde JRPG protagonist on the GBA, both also go through a disaster-filled prologue and a three year shift forward in time to where they're more grown up and their adventures first begin. Though these seem to be common tropes in JRPGs so there's a good chance I'm reaching on this.

If Isaac's in, I'm convinced his trailer is going to feature him defeating Rathalos. I just know Sakurai will make that reference. It's far too easy.

EDIT: Also, if we're taking note of how Link, Marth, and Shulk represent all games aside from Brawl, Lucas fits that missing gap perfectly.
Had not noticed that myself. That's pretty good. It is getting to the point this is more than just a "coincidence". Sakurai please don't let me down.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I'm going to guess that Link, Marth, Shulk and Lucas would all feature in Isaac's hypothetical trailer.

Also, a thought just occurred to me.

They have:
Link - Silent Protagonist; star of the Legend of Zelda series, which some consider a Role-Playing Game (Zelda 2 actually contains RPG elements).
Marth - Can be called Mars; star of Fire Emblem, Nintendo's Strategy RPG.
Shulk - Can see the future; star of Xenoblade Chronicles, an Action RPG.
What is missing? A main character of a traditional RPG by Nintendo. The thing is they could have just picked Ness or Lucas, but chose not to...

However, in the next set of Rathalos images, there's Lucas... who happens to be a Blond JRPG protagonist from the GBA.

Food for thought... Food. For. Thought...

*hides tinfoil hat*

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I got an idea.

What if Isaac's moveset was more Magic based, and uses a sword in some attacks.

But Felix uses his sword for a good majority of his attacks?

(Then again, him being an echo could take a lot of work to make that happen.)
The definition of "echo" fighter would be broadened way too much if that happened. I have a hunch their differences would be on the scale of Simon and Richter, which is to say, probably more aesthetic than anything.

Had not noticed that myself. That's pretty good. It is getting to the point this is more than just a "coincidence". Sakurai please don't let me down.
On its own, it's a reach. After the first picture and the excited responses that Sakurai had to have seen, though? It really feels like an obviously missing puzzle piece that's being filled in without straight up revealing the secret. It's like he knows we're looking for it and is pushing the tease so hard.

I'm going to guess that Link, Marth, Shulk and Lucas would all feature in Isaac's hypothetical trailer.

They have:
Link - Silent Protagonist; star of the Legend of Zelda series, which some consider a Role-Playing Game (Zelda 2 actually contains RPG elements).
What is missing? A main character of a traditional RPG by Nintendo. The thing is they could have just picked Ness or Lucas, but chose not to...

However, in the next set of Rathalos images, there's Lucas... who happens to be a Blond JRPG protagonist from the GBA.

Food for thought... Food. For. Thought...

*hides tinfoil hat*
Let me borrow that tinfoil hat for a sec. Both disastrous events in Lucas and Isaac's opening sequences before the time shifts occur around flowing rivers of water in rainy settings, where
Lucas and Claus both watch their mother be killed in a forest before they're swept down the riverbank.
and
Kyle, Felix, and the latter's parents all get carried away by the boulder down a waterfall to presumed death.

The settings and main characters themselves are also extremely similar, taking place in remote villages where Isaac is a calm blonde-haired youth and Garet is a more fiery orange-haired youth.

If Sakurai wanted to double down on an Isaac reference, Lucas is really ticking a bunch of boxes that he could draw parallels with.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The definition of "echo" fighter would be broadened way too much if that happened. I have a hunch their differences would be on the scale of Simon and Richter, which is to say, probably more aesthetic than anything.

On its own, it's a reach. After the first picture and the excited responses that Sakurai had to have seen, though? It really feels like an obviously missing puzzle piece that's being filled in without straight up revealing the secret. It's like he knows we're looking for it and is pushing the tease so hard.
The way he was referencing Lucas and his story in another picture, it mkaes me feel like the other picture has some form of reference too. But since i can't find a reference from MH or any of the games involved. So i can only picture it as a GS reference.

They have:
They're also sword users too. I feel like if lucas or Ness was there, he would feel out of place.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
gdi i forgot the S.
It's worth noting that Ness could have stood in for Mia, seeing that he uses a "club" and can't use a Sword (even though a Sword is avaiable to use in his game), just like Mia.

Mia is the only one of the four Golden Sun protags who cannot use a Sword; Isaac, Garet and Ivan all can, but Mia is locked to Staves, Rods and Clubs.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's worth noting that Ness could have stood in for Mia, seeing that he uses a "club" and can't use a Sword (even though a Sword is avaiable to use in his game), just like Mia.

Mia is the only one of the four Golden Sun protags who cannot use a Sword; Isaac, Garet and Ivan all can, but Mia is locked to Staves, Rods and Clubs.
Funnily enough, Ivan can only use "Light Swords" (which includes Daggers and Katanas); Shulk literally uses a Light Sword. :laugh:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I just want to confirm if Isaac is in or not, sooner than later...

Okay you know what? I'm calling a character reveal in the nindies direct today and it's not gonna be an indie character, its gonna happen JUST WATCH

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
With Nes being the fighter thing yesterday I was kinda hopping for Isaac to be shown off. Since they both kinda use magic
I doubt they'd just casually just show off new characters in a Smash Blog post without revealing them first in a direct or a special announced video like Robin my dude

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
A little analysis:

Just wanna say that people should have a little more faith in Loz18 and his statements about Skull Kid and Isaac. Most importantly, if he was trolling, he has not continued his troll or baited attention on Twitter, nor anywhere else. I know for a fact he still talks to a few people he trusts on a private discord, but they have nothing to do with leaks because he has leaked everything he has right now, or has leaked what he is comfortable leaking. Many of us in a separate discord server have come to the conclusion, based in his tweets he deleted and his many PMs to users about things, that he is involved with Nintendo/Bandai/Smash on an information/script level.

This is why he leaked the E3 direct with 100% accuracy and the August direct with about 80%. The reason for his accuracy would be that he only sees the raw transcript from the directs to confirm info (he has confirmed this to several users about seeing "scripts of info" in several PMs I've seen), so when he says he has to be careful about leaking things, he doesn't know if said character is PLAYABLE, only that they are in the game (because text script may or may not reveal that info). However, this partially changed with K. Rool being revealed.

Here is an example PM in a thread (post #63) about him knowing of K. Rool before the august direct And ALSO mentioning Skull Kid in text similar to how K. Rool was revealed. (check the time of the PM)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76883130?page=6
In future comments, he has talked about how the info he had seen on Skull Kid (1 of 2 characters he at least knows about, but is much more sure of Skull Kid at the time) was similar to how knew about K. Rool, but never said anything because he wasn't sure if K. Rool was playable (at least that's what I felt he was getting at, at the time)

Fast forward to his 12 year old Gamefaqs account getting closed. Right before, he leaked that a November direct is happening (specifically a smash one). While it may seem obvious, if you have been following me this whole time, it's likely he got a hold of material related to November's direct.

Then, he makes a Twitter account, proceeds to hint at skull kid and now even Isaac. Remember, Loz a few weeks before this specified that there were 2 other characters after K. Rool he has an idea of. He figured one was Skull Kid based in the script. Over time, he seems to have figured the other was Isaac (but has since deleted the few tweets about his excitement for obvious reasons). After this, he tells people that we'll be happy and that Nintendo is listening. 0 troll attempts, just leaves it at that. He has since not posted for over a week there.

I do however know he is still active with other people from Twitter and in a private discord server. Unfortunately, I can't post this info as proof because it trespasses their privacy and what I've promised them, so there is info I must keep to myself. I do know for a fact he has dropped the Loz18 name for something else and is just casually talking with people now however.

So we'll see about how reliable he is in the future, but if Loz is a fraud, I'll be right there with you. I personally have always liked Isaac and I made this post because I want to give Isaac fans some hope. This is the biggest evidence we have towards his inclusion. Perhaps isaac (and Skull kid) have something to do the November direct, or perhaps earlier. But I personally believe they are here and exist. I personally believe Loz and Vergeben has 2 parts to a bigger puzzle about the roster.

If you trust Loz and believe in what I'm getting at, our Golden boy should be in the game. If not, that is okay too. If hes a fake, then at least it was fun speculating with everyone! Just some piece of mind for all of you:)

Tl;dr: Loz's paper trail is way too slow, precise and methodical to be a troll. He does not post enough to bait attention. If you believe his posts about Skull Kid and Isaac, realize he has not leaked anymore beyond that, and has so far only mentioned knowing of 2 other characters (and has ONLY ever mentioned those 2) aside from K Rool in several of his posts on Gamefaqs.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if I expect two character reveals in the next direct but I'm feeling an Isaac and Rayman reveal right now. Incineroar and Geno are kinda wildcards though. However I'm thinking Geno might be kept for the final Smash direct.
the problem with Geno for me is that he is much predictable to be a wildcard

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yeah... but I dunno, I think Banjo would be better as the last character, since he is a third AND a new IP, together with the fact he will open the gates of hell

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Yeah... but I dunno, I think Banjo would be better as the last character, since he is a third AND a new IP, together with the fact he will open the gates of hell
Bayonetta-2-Real-Review-pics9-v.2.jpg

Rodin: Sakurai keep ****in’ around with characters like this and the Smash Roster is gonna look like Mother Goose.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
A little analysis:

Just wanna say that people should have a little more faith in Loz18 and his statements about Skull Kid and Isaac. Most importantly, if he was trolling, he has not continued his troll or baited attention on Twitter, nor anywhere else. I know for a fact he still talks to a few people he trusts on a private discord, but they have nothing to do with leaks because he has leaked everything he has right now, or has leaked what he is comfortable leaking. Many of us in a separate discord server have come to the conclusion, based in his tweets he deleted and his many PMs to users about things, that he is involved with Nintendo/Bandai/Smash on an information/script level.

This is why he leaked the E3 direct with 100% accuracy and the August direct with about 80%. The reason for his accuracy would be that he only sees the raw transcript from the directs to confirm info (he has confirmed this to several users about seeing "scripts of info" in several PMs I've seen), so when he says he has to be careful about leaking things, he doesn't know if said character is PLAYABLE, only that they are in the game (because text script may or may not reveal that info). However, this partially changed with K. Rool being revealed.

Here is an example PM in a thread (post #63) about him knowing of K. Rool before the august direct And ALSO mentioning Skull Kid in text similar to how K. Rool was revealed. (check the time of the PM)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76883130?page=6
In future comments, he has talked about how the info he had seen on Skull Kid (1 of 2 characters he at least knows about, but is much more sure of Skull Kid at the time) was similar to how knew about K. Rool, but never said anything because he wasn't sure if K. Rool was playable (at least that's what I felt he was getting at, at the time)

Fast forward to his 12 year old Gamefaqs account getting closed. Right before, he leaked that a November direct is happening (specifically a smash one). While it may seem obvious, if you have been following me this whole time, it's likely he got a hold of material related to November's direct.

Then, he makes a Twitter account, proceeds to hint at skull kid and now even Isaac. Remember, Loz a few weeks before this specified that there were 2 other characters after K. Rool he has an idea of. He figured one was Skull Kid based in the script. Over time, he seems to have figured the other was Isaac (but has since deleted the few tweets about his excitement for obvious reasons). After this, he tells people that we'll be happy and that Nintendo is listening. 0 troll attempts, just leaves it at that. He has since not posted for over a week there.

I do however know he is still active with other people from Twitter and in a private discord server. Unfortunately, I can't post this info as proof because it trespasses their privacy and what I've promised them, so there is info I must keep to myself. I do know for a fact he has dropped the Loz18 name for something else and is just casually talking with people now however.

So we'll see about how reliable he is in the future, but if Loz is a fraud, I'll be right there with you. I personally have always liked Isaac and I made this post because I want to give Isaac fans some hope. This is the biggest evidence we have towards his inclusion. Perhaps isaac (and Skull kid) have something to do the November direct, or perhaps earlier. But I personally believe they are here and exist. I personally believe Loz and Vergeben has 2 parts to a bigger puzzle about the roster.

If you trust Loz and believe in what I'm getting at, our Golden boy should be in the game. If not, that is okay too. If hes a fake, then at least it was fun speculating with everyone! Just some piece of mind for all of you:)

Tl;dr: Loz's paper trail is way too slow, precise and methodical to be a troll. He does not post enough to bait attention. If you believe his posts about Skull Kid and Isaac, realize he has not leaked anymore beyond that, and has so far only mentioned knowing of 2 other characters (and has ONLY ever mentioned those 2) aside from K Rool in several of his posts on Gamefaqs.
Honestly, it still isn't convincing.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Nindie direct is coming, lets see if Shantae is in it, most chance that its not, but hey that would break A LOT of leaks

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Nindie direct is coming, lets see if Shantae is in it, most chance that its not, but hey that would break A LOT of leaks
At least this one is a live direct, so there's at least some chance.

I feel like if they show anything off about Smash Bros it might not be a new character though. They might show off an indie character as an assist or tell us that some indie games are going to get songs in Smash or something smaller like that.

I think nothing is the most likely outcome though.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Guys, the best you can expect for is nothing.

(Wow. The most exciting thing from that presentation was Marked For Death's release date.)

aa0.png

(What a ****show.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom