• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
"DLC is planned, anything cut for time constraints will be free"

I call bull. Nintendo is never that generous. You had to pay for mewtwo if you already used the code that they give you if you bought both versions. THAT IS A BOLD FACED LIE.

Like, a lot of these are just them throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Though, the funniest one is with the F-ZERO card game.

That made me laugh.

Like, how do YOU even know this? you sound like a top dog over there at camelot. Who is also a private company. lmao.
it's nice that most are talking about Isaac but the rest is straight trash AMIIBO FESTIVAL 2 FOR THE 3DS ..... your not even trying

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
F-Zero Card Game? oh my god these leaks. At least it gives us something to talk about.

When's the last time ya'll played Golden Sun? I've been replaying through the first game late.y
I haven't played Dark Dawn in a long time so I'm replaying that. I just finished the psynergy training grounds

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Smash basically prints money. There is no way we'll get free DLC for this game...
It feels like 80% of the thread warrants the gif these days. :p
This thread basically is that gif, ngl. Still, it's gotten good attention on Isaac, so it's not a bad thing.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
it's nice that most are talking about Isaac but the rest is straight trash AMIIBO FESTIVAL 2 FOR THE 3DS ..... your not even trying
AMIIBO FESTIVAL 2 FOR 3DS.

Even though the developer of that game is working on Super Mario Party.
Here comes the monaaaeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy... HERE COMES THE MONEY

WE'VE GOT TO HAVE....MONEYYYYYY.
F-Zero Card Game? oh my god these leaks. At least it gives us something to talk about.

When's the last time ya'll played Golden Sun? I've been replaying through the first game late.y
Listen, i know Nintendo is clueless at some times, but i don't think they're at "Valve" levels of cluelessness.

I could probably play my Golden Sun rom now if i want to.

I mean, you're not wrong.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

I replayed through Golden Sun 1 & 2 pretty recently.

And by "pretty recently" I mean in about 2015/2016.
But N3ON, there's all this evidence that I arbitrarily linked together.

You can't say that doesn't mean anything! jk

ZelDan

Smash Master

I haven't played a Golden Sun game in a long time. I completed the first two games more times than I can count back in the day; I would bring those games on summer trips (either that or the Zelda Oracle games). I've only beaten Dark Dawn once...

If Isaac gets in Smash, I might go ahead and play some Golden Sun again!

Last edited:

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
if nintendo did anything with a card game I feel they'd more than likely just bring the fire emblem card game over.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Hello, enjoyed lurking my way up til now reading this thread but felt like putting in my 2 coins.

I have been a long supporter of Isaac getting added, was pleased yet disappointed back when Brawl showed he was an Assist, assumed he'd be added in future ones, got further disappointed once the final chars were revealed in Smash 4, but I'm still holding out hope.

While reading, I had a thought about something that wasn't discussed much, being PP. It's possible that they may include PP in the game, with Isaac having to "walk around" to recharge it over time.

I also figured it's likely there would be a boss or two added, the Kraken or the Tornado Lizards might be fun options. :p
Or you know, some of the more obvious ones, Saturos, Menardi, Dragons, Dullahan.

Stages, beyond the ones already mentioned... Tolbi bound ship and Gabomba Statue pop into my head a little.

I could definitely see the Hand being Isaac's grab move. Meanwhile, a move I haven't heard much talk about is Force. A fist that forms and shoots straight forward sounds like an easy transfer into a game like Smash.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. One day the stars will light and the sun will shine.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Just started playing Golden Sun 1 and 2 again. I'm currently at the point where you're reunited with all the party members.
I might get back to it soon so I can finish finding all the Tablets and Djinns before heading straight to Prox.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
What's "the gif"!?

I have been here since forever and I have no clue >.<

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
A Felix echo would be awesome. I'm even envisioning a scenario where, in addition to some of their moves working differently, Isaac is a fastfaller while Felix has a more average fall speed or vice versa. Or give them different weapons (like Gaia's Axe and Stellar Axe) and go from there. I know Felix echo is a stretch and Id be satisfied with just Isaac but it would be sooooo cool!

edit: would Felix or Matthew be more likely as an echo?
I think Felix is definitely a better choice for an Echo. If they chose to use Matthew over Isaac, I think he would end up an alternate costume. Felix would make more sense as an Echo due to his look, his temperment, and his moves in TLA.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Oh Yeah! If Isaac become canon is Smashverse we will get his Amiibo! Which pose he will have? Something like this maybe?

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Coming straight from the man himself, Nagoshi. The founder of Amusement Vision, and the department head of Sega's and Atlus's games.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ith_f-zero_gx_despite_losing_the_hardware_war

And if Nintendo was really that genrous, they would've made their online free. C'mon. I don't buy that even for a fraction of a millisecond.
Interesting... Kind of sounds like Nintendo has a different standard with F-Zero GX even though it sold 1.5 million copies... I'm still waiting for that new F-Zero game that Miyamoto wanted to make, but couldn't on the Wii U due to its controls.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Interesting... Kind of sounds like Nintendo has a different standard with F-Zero GX even though it sold 1.5 million copies... I'm still waiting for that new F-Zero game that Miyamoto wanted to make, but couldn't on the Wii U due to its controls.
Miyamoto is just...i don't get the man.
also Matthew is pretty much a 1:1 of Isaac. If he has different personality quirks, we didn't get the time to see that, which makes him more suitable for the Alph treatment while Felix is more suitable for the Richter treatment.
That's actually one of my biggest problems with Matthew. He's essentially a clone of isaac.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I suppose if from the outset of the game's conception Sakurai intended to go down this echo route, perhaps Isaac having clear potential replicants could've been a boon should Sakurai have valued that kind of thing.

What's "the gif"!?

I have been here since forever and I have no clue >.<

This thread in a nutshell. :p

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

I think the last time I played golden sun 1-2 was around 2-3 years ago, around the smash 4 ballot hype

Actually playing dark dawn right now on my 3ds :p

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I suppose if from the outset of the game's conception Sakurai intended to go down this echo route, perhaps Isaac having clear potential replicants could've been a boon should Sakurai have valued that kind of thing.

This thread in a nutshell. :p
This and 90% of the Newcomer Speculation threads XD

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I love characters like Felix. Why couldn't matt look just a tiny bit more different?
I mean, Matthew has a cool outfit. That's different enough, right? :p

Don't know if this was explained in game or just my intuition, but it felt like Matthew had a ton of pressure on him because he had to live up to his dad, Isaac's name. Being his son and all. I understand that completely.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I mean, Matthew has a cool outfit. That's different enough, right? :p

Don't know if this was explained in game or just my intuition, but it felt like Matthew had a ton of pressure on him because he had to live up to his dad, Isaac's name. Being his son and all. I understand that completely.
To be honest, i kinda felt that was what they were going for. But i think they went far enough with that aspect.

Idk once that Rathalos pic hit it certainly brought out the yarn, thumbtacks and tinfoil hats with it.

Skull Kid and his dumb chairs aren't helping either. :p
Heh. sorry.
Well if a random doll appears somewhere relacted to Nintendo... PREPARE FOR GENO!

(Also I remembered now the "codename leak" we know he is fake but, what if the "Warrior" title was Isaac? He is the "Warrior of Vale")

Warrior just seems like a generic and broad term.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Idk once that Rathalos pic hit it certainly brought out the yarn, thumbtacks and tinfoil hats with it.

Skull Kid and his dumb chairs aren't helping either. :p
Well if a random doll appears somewhere relacted to Nintendo... PREPARE FOR GENO!

(Also I remembered now the "codename leak" we know he is fake but, what if the "Warrior" title was Isaac? He is the "Warrior of Vale")

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Heh. sorry.
Well... it's not bad, it's brought a lot of attention to Isaac, and as you can see for yourselves that translates, for better or worse, to expectation, which translates to popularity which can actually translate to inclusion. Eventually.

I just hope people remember to keep their expectations in check. Hope for the best and expect the worst and all that.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Hey guys so my dad is vergeben and he told me we are getting 28 newcomers and 30 echo fighters thanKS for reading

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Miyamoto is my grandpa. He told me that Captain falcon would be replaced with one of the characters from Pikmin. SHHH. Don't say that i told you.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys so my dad is vergeben and he told me we are getting 28 newcomers and 30 echo fighters thanKS for reading
Tell your dad that my dad could beat him up... also my dad is Reggie.

Oh, and Ronald McDonald is Olimar's Echo Fighter. Bet he didn't hear about THAT!

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Tell your dad that my dad could beat him up... also my dad is Reggie.
Can u ask your dad to adopt me

No like seriously. I need to talk some sense into reggie we need to get golden sun 4 on the switch immediately

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Felix ended up in the game as an echo of Isaac I could see it being a Simon/Richter situation where they borrow moves from each other. There are some abilities that are unique to one of them. (such as Felixs ability to turn into sand)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

It's been ages since I last played Golden Sun, probably about 2015 at the latest. I think I might replay the first game again to try and revamp my original moveset for Isaac that I wrote a long time ago. Maybe sometime over the weekend when I've my uni assignments and homework under control.

Top Bottom