• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Oh. Quite a lot of suggestions.

I can't seem to figure a definitive one out. Like, Venus Lighthouse would be cool, but I'm sure other locations would be a lot cooler.

Can we agree that Judgement should be his final smash?
judgement 100%

KMDP

Smash Legend

I can't seem to figure a definitive one out. Like, Venus Lighthouse would be cool, but I'm sure other locations would be a lot cooler.

Judgement for Isaac, definitely.

Either Megiddo or Iris for Felix. I want to launch people into the sun, dammit. Even if I have to drag them there myself!
---
I had an idea for a stage.

What about Vale?

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I think three because that would put us at an even 70, and given Ultimate's focus on numbers, ending on a round one seems appropriate
It depends on how many echoes we get but the final roster number will unquestionably be a multiple of 4 because of the new Smashdown mode. That mode makes everyone pick a new fighter until there is no one left to use on the roster, since it lets up to 4 players in the mode, there is no way the final count isn’t a multiple of 4.

Right now we have:
Lucina
Dark Pit
Daisy
Chrom
Dark Samus

I think we get 3 more Echoes making it 8 and have 72 unique characters meaning 5 more to reveal. If I’m counting right lol. I think King K Rool is 67

Edit: Someone already beat me to this point lol

Last edited:

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
If we only get one stage (which is likely if Isaac is playable) It should either be the light houses or mt aleph. If we got two stages it should be the light houses and colosso

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think three because that would put us at an even 70, and given Ultimate's focus on numbers, ending on a round one seems appropriate
It depends on how many echoes we get but the final roster number will unquestionably be a multiple of 4 because of the new Smashdown mode. That mode makes everyone pick a new fighter until there is no one left to use on the roster, since it lets up to 4 players in the mode, there is no way the final count isn’t a multiple of 4.

Right now we have:
Lucina
Dark Pit
Daisy
Chrom
Dark Samus

I think we get 3 more Echoes making it 8 and have 72 unique characters meaning 5 more to reveal. If I’m counting right lol. I think King K Rool is 67

Edit: Someone already beat me to this point lol
But what if... we end up with 76-79 characters?

Then they can put "Over 75 Characters!" on the back of the box, for that big marketing bonus.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Two stages would be highly optimistic, lol. My guess would be on Venus Lighthouse since it seems like for new stages, the crew is going with really known locations. The Great Plateau tower is somewhere everyone reaches, Moray Towers is infamous, New Donk City is kinda really known (for anyone that's played through all of Odyssey), and obviously Dracula's Castle was a given.

The only other option would really be Mt. Aleph, if I were to take a guess.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Two stages would be highly optimistic, lol. My guess would be on Venus Lighthouse since it seems like for new stages, the crew is going with really known locations. The Great Plateau tower is somewhere everyone reaches, Moray Towers is infamous, New Donk City is kinda really known (for anyone that's played through all of Odyssey), and obviously Dracula's Castle was a given.

New Donk City was also all over Odyssey marketing.

I think it's even on the Boxart.

As for Golden Sun locations, we're either getting Venus Lighthouse, Vale or the Elemental Sanctuary from inside Mt. Aleph.

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice

in all likelyhood we would get a lighthouse that may have a different color each time you play to represent the different lighthouses.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
But what if... we end up with 76-79 characters?

Then they can put "Over 75 Characters!" on the back of the box, for that big marketing bonus.
That’s basically what I said. 72 unique fighters with 8 echoes taking the roster number to 80.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Judgement for Isaac, definitely.

Either Megiddo or Iris for Felix. I want to launch people into the sun, dammit. Even if I have to drag them there myself!
---
I had an idea for a stage.

What about Vale?
Vale would be pretty neat, though I'm not sure it would be as recognizable as Venus Lighthouse.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I remember earlier in the thread someone mentioned diablo 3 getting leaked for the switch. Well apparently it will be officially revealed tomorrow, so I wonder if we're gonna get a direct of some sort hmmm

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I remember earlier in the thread someone mentioned diablo 3 getting leaked for the switch. Well apparently it will be officially revealed tomorrow, so I wonder if we're gonna get a direct of some sort hmmm
I doubt we would get a direct so soon after the last one.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind any of the locations to be a new stage in SSBUltimate as long as Isaac's Battle Theme, Saturos's Battle Theme, the Colosso Battle Theme and the Golden Sun Main Theme is in it.

For an F-Zero rep, I would want Black Shadow as Samurai Goroh is AT again and Blood Falcon is an alt costume for Captain Falcon again. Black Shadow would be an echo for Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I doubt we would get a direct so soon after the last one.
A mini direct maybe? Nintendo has done mini directs within a week of a regular direct in the past

But then again mini directs would only focus on one game I think, so it means nothing with regards to a smash reveal

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
My Isaac moveset

Foward Smash - Critical hit from sword
Up Smash - Wild growth
Down Smash - Quake variant or Gaia Variant

Neutral-B - Ragnarok(a strong sword atk that full charged become Ragnarok)
Side-B - Move to pound/grip
Down-B - Anything Djinn-related
Up-b - Retreat/Upslash

FS Megiddo

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't mind any of the locations to be a new stage in SSBUltimate as long as Isaac's Battle Theme, Saturos's Battle Theme, the Colosso Battle Theme and the Golden Sun Main Theme is in it.

For an F-Zero rep, I would want Black Shadow as Samurai Goroh is AT again and Blood Falcon is an alt costume for Captain Falcon again. Black Shadow would be an echo for Captain Falcon.
Speaking of which, I'm geniuelt surprised F-Zero Gx didn't bomb. It sold like 1.5 million copies.

Yet it was only because of those bad GBA games that they ignore that series STILL.

Nintendo is not very flexible with its niche IP's.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Maybe they could have a stage called "Lighthouse", and you randomly start at one of the 4. but as the match goes on the Wise One will pop in and change which lighthouse you're at. Maybe which lighthouse you're at will decide which stage boss you deal with.

Mercury = Just Saturos
Venus = Saturos and Menardi
Jupiter = Karst and Agitio
Mars = this I don't know. All 4 Proxians? Doom Dragon? Maybe the Wise One himself further meddles with things?

Of course all 4 lighthouses would have different layouts and obstacles too.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Maybe they could have a stage called "Lighthouse", and you randomly start at one of the 4. but as the match goes on the Wise One will pop in and change which lighthouse you're at. Maybe which lighthouse you're at will decide which stage boss you deal with.

Mercury = Just Saturos
Venus = Saturos and Menardi
Jupiter = Karst and Agitio
Mars = this I don't know. All 4 Proxians? Doom Dragon? Maybe the Wise One himself further meddles with things?

Of course all 4 lighthouses would have different layouts and obstacles too.
Mercury = Saturos and Menardi( I know we only fight him there, but just to each be unique)
Venus = Fusion Dragon
Jupiter = Karst and Agation
Mars = Doom Dragon

KMDP

Smash Legend
Was reading through DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon 's most recent "Leak" collection, and read leak 37...
"Leaker" said:
Isaac w/ Felix (Echo) was considered, but Camelot refused saying they have no interest in seeing Golden Sun revived... but would consider DLC if there was enough demand.
Fuggin' what?

Camelot say they have "no interest in seeing Golden Sun revived", and then turn around and say they'd consider DLC? That makes no sense.

Not to mention that "We'll consider reviving Golden Sun if demand is high enough" is something already said by Camelot. Years ago. :facepalm:

What? Isaac being right behind K. Rool in fan polls isn't high enough demand? *sigh*

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Was reading through DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon 's most recent "Leak" collection, and read leak 37...

Fuggin' what?

Camelot say they have "no interest in seeing Golden Sun revived", and then turn around and say they'd consider DLC? That makes no sense.

Not to mention that "We'll consider reviving Golden Sun if demand is high enough" is something already said by Camelot. Years ago. :facepalm:

What? Isaac being right behind K. Rool in fan polls isn't high enough demand? *sigh*
It's a fake leak, that has to be fake, right? Idk bud I remember Smash 4 leaks, and how bad most of them were.

As for stages, what I want above all else is for the Golden Sun stage to be legal, in hazardless mode or otherwise

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

No, I still want Megiddo. That being said I do recognize Judgement would be a better choice.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's a fake leak, that has to be fake, right? Idk bud I remember Smash 4 leaks, and how bad most of them were.
It's fake. Pretty much all text leaks are (you could probably count the number of accurate text leakers on one hand, and I don't think any of them do it on 4chan).

DogManStar

Smash Ace

Fuggin' what?

That doesn't sound right to me. I don't think Camelot would have any reason to refuse Golden Sun characters being in Smash. Even if the characters were included, they don't have to make any games. If that's true, that would be a bad reason to keep Golden Sun characters out of Smash.

Also, I thought someone in here said that Nintendo owns Golden Sun's characters? Couldn't they just take Isaac and Felix for themselves then?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well I will hibernate until september ( probably I will come back here in some minutes) so awaken me when the time is right

KMDP

Smash Legend
That doesn't sound right to me. I don't think Camelot would have any reason to refuse Golden Sun characters being in Smash. Even if the characters were included, they don't have to make any games. If that's true, that would be a bad reason to keep Golden Sun characters out of Smash.

Also, I thought someone in here said that Nintendo owns Golden Sun's characters? Couldn't they just take Isaac and Felix for themselves then?
Yes, I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns Golden Sun. If Sakurai wanted to put Isaac (and Felix/Matthew) in Smash, I don't think there's anything Camelot could do to stop him.

They aren't a third party company.

Actually... just had a thought. What if we have Isaac, with Felix as his Echo, and Matthew as an Assist Trophy doing Isaac's old schtick.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
it's /v/ 'leaks' lol. most of them are a load of bull.
Yes, I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns Golden Sun. If Sakurai wanted to put Isaac (and Felix/Matthew) in Smash, I don't think there's anything Camelot could do to stop him.

They aren't a third party company.

Actually... just had a thought. What if we have Isaac, with Felix as his Echo, and Matthew as an Assist Trophy doing Isaac's old schtick.
I've still been trying to figure that one out for myself over "who owns the rights to Golden Sun"; last I checked, I think it's a co-ownership.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
The easiest way to tell a “leak” is fake is when they start to claim they know the reasons behind developers and companies wanting certain things! Especially if they talk about a developer’s thoughts. Don’t pay any attention to that junk.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of which, I'm geniuelt surprised F-Zero Gx didn't bomb. It sold like 1.5 million copies.

Yet it was only because of those bad GBA games that they ignore that series STILL.

Nintendo is not very flexible with its niche IP's.
F-Zero GX sold 1.5 million copies? O_o

Fuggin' what?

That's strange. Then what's with the point of having a Smash ballot if Camelot has no interest in reviving Golden Sun.

Also, I would love to see Monolith Soft assist Camelot Software Planning with a new Golden Sun game. (A remake, reboot or sequel.)

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
That would be the ideal scenario, getting as much golden sun representation in smash as possible. I'm all for it

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
that would be really dumb of them to not put him in because they can't see the demand, of course, they can't its the North American and European side that really wants him, of course, they wouldn't hear anything from the Japanese that sounds like a demand although i could be wrong

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
The easiest way to tell a “leak” is fake is when they start to claim they know the reasons behind developers and companies wanting certain things! Especially if they talk about a developer’s thoughts. Don’t pay any attention to that junk.
anyone that typically knows the real thoughts behind a company, and especially a dev in particular, probably know the dev really really well.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Fuggin' what?

"DLC is planned, anything cut for time constraints will be free"

I call bull. Nintendo is never that generous. You had to pay for mewtwo if you already used the code that they give you if you bought both versions. THAT IS A BOLD FACED LIE.

Like, a lot of these are just them throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Though, the funniest one is with the F-ZERO card game.

That made me laugh.

anyone that typically knows the real thoughts behind a company, and especially a dev in particular, probably know the dev really really well.
Like, how do YOU even know this? you sound like a top dog over there at camelot. Who is also a private company. lmao.

Last edited:

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
in regards to who owns golden sun, Nintendo owns the characters, the world, the music and the story, Camelot and Nintendo both own the code in every game. So if Camelot for whatever reason wanted to, they could use code from golden sun to make another game.

Last edited:

Onassi2

Smash Cadet

Fuggin' what?

As fake as all of these are, it’s really refreshing to see “Isaac is a new fighter and Felix is his echo fighter” in “leak” after “leak”.

It’s hard not to get excited about more people talking about GS in Smash. Isaac being included makes way too much sense.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
"DLC is planned, anything cut for time constraints will be free"

I call bull. Nintendo is never that generous. You had to pay for mewtwo if you already used the code that they give you if you bought both versions. THAT IS A BOLD FACED LIE.

Like, a lot of these are just them throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Though, the funniest one is with the F-ZERO card game.

That made me laugh.

Like, how do YOU even know this? you sound like a top dog over there at camelot. Who is also a private company. lmao.
The only time I think Nintendo has ever been that generous is Splatoon, and Splatoon is not Smash.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
F-Zero GX sold 1.5 million copies? O_o

Coming straight from the man himself, Nagoshi. The founder of Amusement Vision, and the department head of Sega's and Atlus's games.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ith_f-zero_gx_despite_losing_the_hardware_war

The only time I think Nintendo has ever been that generous is Splatoon, and Splatoon is not Smash.

And if Nintendo was really that genrous, they would've made their online free. C'mon. I don't buy that even for a fraction of a millisecond.

Top Bottom