• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If they bring Advance Wars back ( i have to play them and perfect occasion) there is NO excuses for not bringing back Golden Sun
I guess an argument could be made that Intelligent Systems are a bigger company so they can work on more than one game at once.

but honestly if I was Nintendo I'd be prodding Camelot or offering some kind of assistance to bring Golden Sun back.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I guess an argument could be made that Intelligent Systems are a bigger company so they can work on more than one game at once.

but honestly if I was Nintendo I'd be prodding Camelot or offering some kind of assistance to bring Golden Sun back.
Yeah sure, but i mean Wario Ware is back too and Adwance Wars since how many years? (true question i don't know at all the franchise) with this they seem to FINALLY listen the fans so i hope they have seen our demand for Golden Sun

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

At the same time I can't imagine that Mario Golf DLC was the most expensive thing to produce. They're clearly reusing Mario Odyssey assets.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Advance Wars came back, in a big way. But there was also Fatal Frame, WarioWare, Cruis'n, even 2D Metroid. They're listening to fan demand, clearly, otherwise they wouldn't have considered those E3 worthy.

This is the biggest ray of hope we got since Mario Golf was announced. If I know this fanbase, and I think I do, this will be enough to power us for a long time. I genuinely believe that, in some shape or form, we're next.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Good day indeedy :) Never lose hope GS fans, we got this! GS WILL return one day. Golf and Tennis 1 game each per console quota has been filled, Camelot has nothing else to work on but GS for the rest of the switch cycle, which still has many years ahead. Never give up guys. Gameboy Advance IPs appreciation was shown today.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Advance wars, warioware and metroid basically confirm GBA resurgence (that and the GBA related tweet from nintendo).
Golden Sun is coming back, timing was sadly off (but well, Isaac could be in smash to compensate for the lack of a game for the 20 years :p)

Also yeah, people weirdly don't complain about fighting game characters with input based combos/attacks. We have 4 of those now.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I posted this in the E3 2021 discussion thread but will post it here too:

If they were willing to let another company touch Advanced Wars, I wonder if they'd allow the same for Golden Sun?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

If they were willing to let another company touch Advanced Wars, I wonder if they'd allow the same for Golden Sun?
I wish it was the company that did Wargoove, Chucklefish.

Kalaam

Smash Ace

Difference is: Camelot is available to work on GS.
IS is probably working on the next FE stuff.

Staarih

Smash Master

I'd personally very much prefer Camelot themselves to develop a new Golden Sun or remakes, it's their creation and precious child after all.

though it's nice to see Nintendo being open to give some of their (lesser) IP's to the hands of different developers.

pofehof

Smash Rookie
It seems that the Advance Wars remake is actually made by Wayforward.

With Mario Golf getting free updates as well, it really makes sense that it basically took three years for Camelot to work on this game. They seem to have gone above and beyond for the Golf Adventure portion, making it drastically different from previous Mario Golf RPG entries. Guess this could translate well into a potential Golden Sun game.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Also yeah, people weirdly don't complain about fighting game characters with input based combos/attacks. We have 4 of those now.
I mean, coming from the more traditional fighting game community, these crossovers with the major fighting game franchises are a big deal. My local FGC group is exploding with excitement over Kazuya, just as they did for Terry in FP1, and given Bandai Namco's involvement with Ultimate, Tekken arguably deserved the spot more than most. I'm personally very happy to Kazuya's inclusion, even if I personally would have preferred Jin or Heihachi.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Isn't Intelligent Systems bigger than Camelot though?

That and Camelot I don't think is completely done with Mario Golf since the game will get free updates.
All the Mario Tennis post-game stuff was done by Nintendo's internal team, not Camelot. Once Mario Golf goes gold, Camelot is free to work on their next game. However, I don't think assistance is out of the question and it may be Grezzo doing it. I believe there was a job listing for a "stylish fantasy" or something along those lines for Grezzo, which could be applied to Golden Sun.

EDIT: My bad, Grezzo did the Miitopia port. I highly doubt they've assisted with GS if it is in development. Whoops!

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
This just adds fuel to my wild (and entirely untethered to reality) speculation that Monolith Soft’s new game is in fact Golden Sun. Mostly because I want it to be true lmao

In seriousness though, I don’t see why another studio couldn’t work on it if Camelot is otherwise occupied. Just involve the creative leads in the project and you should be Golden right?

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Overall, I liked that presentation. :)

My only slamdunk predictions were Smash and BotW2 and both of those came true. SMT 5 looks awesome, and Metroid Dread pretty much stole the show.

I'm slightly bummed at nothing for HAL's next Kirby or Monolith's new game, but can't win them all I suppose. :D

But yeah, if stuff like Famicom Detective and Advance Wars can get revivals of all things, then Golden Sun, a franchise that performed better than both of those franchises, should be in the discussion.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Well, it appears that smash may be nearing its end. But the hype train doesn't end after this advanced wars remake proved that nintendomdoes in fact remember gba. Meaning we have a shot yet. Heck the advanced wars remake is in the same format we`d want ours to be in lol. So even if we lost the smash battle we will win the golden sun war. Which is what I always considered key personally.

Or I could be totally wrong, sakurai is just handing the game off to unnamed nintendo employee X, and smash ultimate is going into volume 3. But im content myself after pyra. I got one character I actually wanted. So I can rest.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Isaac would rather use his Psynergy Hands to do what Kazuya does instead. lmao

I'd like to point out that for Aces, the updates were done internally by Nintendo, Camelot was probably already working on Super Rush at that point.
So the updates to Golf will likely involve Camelot very little. They most likely are already on their next game.
This right here! Aces finished development in Dec 2017 and was given to Nintendo to polish it up and make updates/DLC for it. Plus, Golf has been finished for awhile now. There is a great chance that Camelot has been working on GS on the side as their staff usually isn't all 100% there working on one game. Aces proves this when in its credits, there were staff members missing.
Also to add, a lot of the stuff we've seen in Golf looks like it can easily be integrated and touched on for GS too. You can't tell me that the "Fire Gem" doesn't look like the Mars Star.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Genuine curiosity: now that we're down to our last character in Ultimate, does anyone here think it will be Isaac? Unfortunately any optimism I had earlier in FP2 is long gone, but with how much this last Direct felt like a revival of Gamecube/GBA-era Nintendo, it's also an oddly hopeful moment for fans of those systems.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Genuine curiosity: now that we're down to our last character in Ultimate, does anyone here think it will be Isaac? Unfortunately any optimism I had earlier in FP2 is long gone, but with how much this last Direct felt like a revival of Gamecube/GBA-era Nintendo, it's also an oddly hopeful moment for fans of those systems.
Eh, maybe?

He certainly isn't likely, but then I don't think any character is "likely" at this point anyways, so meh.

That said, while he might not be likely and may have things that go against him, As long as ATs are on the table, I think Isaac is too.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Actually, yeah, I do. Smash traditionally doesn't end on a bang (Incineorar base game, Byleth FP1) and while us here would be overjoyed, the general populace wouldn't consider Isaac a "bang". I don't think Ultimate will get another big third-party (or any third-party after Kazuya) and for me the most likely characters left are Waluigi and Isaac. I feel like Waluigi is a bit more likely, but his lack of potential Fighter Pass content hurts him. With Lloyd presumably out of the picture (Bamco spot taken by Kazuya, it's possible we see Lloyd's costume return with him) Isaac becomes the foremost JRPG character left and the fact that he's first-party and thus doesn't require any licensing fees helps him out.

So while I don't think Isaac is the most likely, I think he's certainly in the running.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Isaac would also fit the "GBA revival" them of the last direct, compensating for GS not being back this year.
That's only speculation ofc.
We could get other characters like a pokemon, Andy could appear, and probably a lot of others we aren't considering.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Isaac would also fit the "GBA revival" them of the last direct, compensating for GS not being back this year.
That's only speculation ofc.
We could get other characters like a pokemon, Andy could appear, and probably a lot of others we aren't considering.
When we thought of a sun-related franchise for the GBA, we thought they'd add Isaac from Golden Sun

Little did we know they'd add a fighter pack for this:

Last edited:
Top Bottom