• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday July 20th, Ann Arbor, MI - Digital Ops Biweekly #5!! New Strike Out System!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
panda so your saying we have to sit there the whole match instead of fighting?
Only if you're super campy and paranoid about going anywhere.

There are 27 different stage designs, all rotating at 13.33 second intervals. In an 8 minute match. Only 6 do damage, and in an 8 minute match, you'll, at absolute most, you'll run into each one, or alternatively, none of those 6 at all. By themselves, they can't KO unless on high to very high damage. There is time to react when the stage transforms, and if you get thrown/hit into one, it's just the same as getting hit into any other stage hazard (such as Green Greens bombs)

Vayseth

Smash Master
If someone can give good reasons to ban the stages, I'd appreciate it. Don't just say "we banned it before" or whatever. I need reasons. This is the responsible thing for a T.O. to do.

dingding

Smash Ace
i think port aero should be banned because..on 1 of the last transformation.. the platform goes up really quickly and its the place where theres like 3 plat forms and the rest is just air and if u fall u SD right away.. like the map halberd when u start.. its like that fast.. i just played on it a few times.. i mean its good for players like MK etc flying stuff.. but like marth/ike etc.. those horrible recovery characters.. the platform rises pretty fast and not only that but the platform is small.. since theres 3 spots before the platform rises up.. the platform only rises around the middle.. so if ur off to the side.. ur kinda screwed.. and i know u'll say well thats ur fault.. but sometimes its not.. its the stages.. cause like ppl that have horrible recoverys can't make it back

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think you're going to have to come up with a better reason than "it benefits some characters and hurts other characters" for a counterpick.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, it's like an SBR invasion over here. PANDA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Panda's a cool dude.

Honestly, I'm sure a lot of MI people are on the more conservative side, and I don't have too much of a problem with just playing neutrals all the time, but the rest of the Midwest is pretty heavy on the counterpick stages. :V

Especially Overswarm. :V
indeed lol

cant really deny that im not gonna start this again because i really dont care THAT much.
one thing about onnett tho is GW is to good on that level nopw so ban it i mean i can wall infinate you all over the place my i can easily camp the middle of that level with my Bair. not to mention chars like DDD and falco. Onet was banned because onet is apeice of ****, not because fox was to good on it. Because ya know thats an awsome reason, lets just ban EVERY brawl levels because GW is to good at it. that IS NO REASON to ban a level, if that is the reason..... sighery
anyways hope to see u guys on sunday

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Only if you're super campy and paranoid about going anywhere.

There are 27 different stage designs, all rotating at 13.33 second intervals. In an 8 minute match. Only 6 do damage, and in an 8 minute match, you'll, at absolute most, you'll run into each one, or alternatively, none of those 6 at all. By themselves, they can't KO unless on high to very high damage. There is time to react when the stage transforms, and if you get thrown/hit into one, it's just the same as getting hit into any other stage hazard (such as Green Greens bombs)
that just showed how RANDOM and SKILLESS that level is, thanks.

2ndly when did level destroying me and not my opponent not become a good reason for ban.

Panda, God lets us shape this world and look where we are. the brink of nuclear war. You let smash shape itself, matches are going to be in the same position, nuclear war. like you think its cool, until like people like the kishes and the ship (just to name locals) get good and JUST SIT at one sit of green greens trying to do --> b's on you with bowser any time u get near him. thats gonna be great trust me. GAH IM DONE IM LEAVING I JUST CANT DO IT AGAIN

make ur own crappy list back room, just like u did last time

Overswarm

is laughing at you
that just showed how RANDOM and SKILLESS that level is, thanks.

2ndly when did level destroying me and not my opponent not become a good reason for ban.

Panda, God lets us shape this world and look where we are. the brink of nuclear war. You let smash shape itself, matches are going to be in the same position, nuclear war. like you think its cool, until like people like the kishes and the ship (just to name locals) get good and JUST SIT at one sit of green greens trying to do --> b's on you with bowser any time u get near him. thats gonna be great trust me. GAH IM DONE IM LEAVING I JUST CANT DO IT AGAIN

make ur own crappy list back room, just like u did last time
This has got to be the single most amusing post on smashboards.

I have bolded the most amusing segment.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
*looks at dates*
March 18... March 25... May 12.....

Isn't it July?

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
OS until you beat me you havent beat anyone, you guys never even got to play Vidjo

the day u won in MI is the day i slept on my neck wrong and couldent mvoe my head, NOOB.

and the peple that beat me that tourney dont even come to tourneys anymore

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Travel outside of michigan's border plz

Overswarm: Has won every tournament he's gone to after his 2nd tournament

Joel: Has johned a lot
oh and me and dope did enough of that in mele, i think its your noobs turn. Any time ive travel out of MI ive won, cept to vidjo(who doesnt play anymore)

and we dont wanna talk about melee do we OS, no..... we dontcause it would just be 2 melee scrub bickering and we dont wanna waste peoples time with that, even if i am 3 sets to 1 on you in melee. counter picking falco on my GW

what a shame

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
going to play at thax's house
SINCE I DONT ACTUALLY HAVE THIS GAME OR CARE
i just happen to pick the ****iest char in melee to perfect and now i get some spoils, SORRY

cause i actually have ****ing skill, i do **** SKILLFULLY

not ***** spam like all u noob fox and falcos that think ur hot ****. i dont even play melee either THATS WHATS SAD and im still better than you at it(not u OS, everyone(but u too! )

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol @ ankoku getting put in his place
You're watching this?

I'll place in a tournament once I'm actually good at this game. -_-
lol @ my random-*** second place at a March tournament.

Actually, in the case of MI, I could probably place top8 at the next tournament I go to since you only have to be good if you want to make top 3 here.
EDIT: Top 2. Double elim brackets are random past second place unless seeded.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS until you beat me you havent beat anyone, you guys never even got to play Vidjo

the day u won in MI is the day i slept on my neck wrong and couldent mvoe my head, NOOB.

and the peple that beat me that tourney dont even come to tourneys anymore
Did you just separate your johns into three lines for easier reading

Khovastis

Smash Rookie
Hey Joel... why did you lose to my marth if you're even decent? I've never even placed top5 at a tournament. EVER. If I did it's because there were nothing but scrubs at the tournament and I got an extremely easy bracket.

Not to mention, I wasn't even good at melee, I just had tech skill and for some reason it beat people.

Stop talking **** when you lose to scrubs like me.

-Shaeden

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
You're watching this?

I'll place in a tournament once I'm actually good at this game. -_-
lol @ my random-*** second place at a March tournament.

Actually, in the case of MI, I could probably place top8 at the next tournament I go to since you only have to be good if you want to make top 3 here.
EDIT: Top 2. Double elim brackets are random past second place unless seeded.
its funny how u have no self esteem

maybe thats why u seem so depressed

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How can I ever be depressed when there's people saying funny **** so I can say funny **** back?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
ROFL. I remember that happening. You were drunk that night and you decided to sleep on some ridiculously small couch in a weird position. We saw you and were like "**** dude, he's going to feel like **** in the morning."

Khovastis

Smash Rookie
That doesn't make me good or even decent. I have yet to beat anyone other than you. If anything that makes you really inconsistent. lol @ me not being that bad, your ego must be ****ing huge.
Just because a random scrub beats you does not mean he's decent.

When you're off you're just terribly off. Don't try to play it off like I'm not bad just to make yourself feel a bit better about the loss.

-baddie forgot his password.

Juntahh

Smash Rookie
thats funny shade i remember my PW on this account from all the years back :)

o and btw i DID just beat anther at cygamez soooo yeah my ego is pretty fu ckin co cky ATM lol :)

Vayseth

Smash Master
Everyone:

Make a list of stages that you feel you do not like. PM them to be by Monday. By Wednesday I will post a list here of positives and negatives for each stage. If I cannot outweigh positives with negatives on a stage, I will ban it. Fair enough?

If I'm going to do some work, I'd expect those who want stages banned to give me reasons why they feel it should be banned that aren't "nuclear war will break out" or "add." I will seriously check all complaints and make sure I am running a fair tournament for everyone. If I, the T.O. cannot give you more positive reasons than negative reasons to run a stage, I cannot allow the stage. Sound fair?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Everyone:

Make a list of stages that you feel you do not like. PM them to be by Monday. By Wednesday I will post a list here of positives and negatives for each stage. If I cannot outweigh positives with negatives on a stage, I will ban it. Fair enough?

If I'm going to do some work, I'd expect those who want stages banned to give me reasons why they feel it should be banned that aren't "nuclear war will break out" or "add." I will seriously check all complaints and make sure I am running a fair tournament for everyone. If I, the T.O. cannot give you more positive reasons than negative reasons to run a stage, I cannot allow the stage. Sound fair?
That sounds like a good idea.

Top Bottom