• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash: Week #7 - EVO 2016 and Co.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Zelder, I know you mean top 32 Bo3, but we all have to admit, each EVO has been something for Smash man. Customs, Items, the stages, Bo3 WF/LF. I swear, EVO 2007 was the only good year for Smash and that was for Melee only.

I swear the EVO staff wants to purposely weaken and split the Smash community more than we already are.

Zelder

Smash Journeyman
Zelder, I know you mean top 32 Bo3, but we all have to admit, each EVO has been something for Smash man. Customs, Items, the stages, Bo3 WF/LF. I swear, EVO 2007 was the only good year for Smash and that was for Melee only.

I swear the EVO staff wants to purposely weaken and split the Smash community more than we already are.
In a stunning plot twist, it turns out the EVO is headed by the man who made Playstation All Stars. His soul still burns for revenge.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Alright, Abadango vs. Ranai. I naturally favor Abadango, but good luck to the both of them, and may the best man win.

Just one more match until Mewtwo makes top 8 at EVO. Exhilarating.

EDIT: And the first stocks go in blazes of glory. Dis gunna be gud.

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
And Abadango takes it! This is easily my set of the tournament, given the sheer swagger both players exuded. The sheer variety of ways stocks were taken was breathtaking.

Rawbinator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HypothesisTest
Wow nice Ally -- all previous times I remember he's really struggled vs Dabuz

but it feels wrong that was Bo2 -_-

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I think Dabuz can get the run back. He was playing odd that set, but great job to Ally!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Upsets or not, I can't help but feel the energy of this years EVO is lacking. Can't quite put my finger on it but I think I might possibly know why?

EVO last year had the big stage available at the start of the stream, a huge crowd to see and feel the hype, and a lot more matches played. Even with customs being legal everything felt a bit more lively.

This year feels a bit slower and not as hype, maybe cause EVO is kinda shafting Smash 4 this year for some reason?
Not being some entitled viewer like this day and age is (viewers > players lol), feel like even if I was there the energy would be an all time low still.

That aside, the upsets so far is ok I guess but I'm mostly rooting for TX's own firelord Trela to get top 6.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
LOL. With the amount of effort it takes for Mega Man to kill it's laughable that some people thought he was top-tier.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
LOL. With the amount of effort it takes for Mega Man to kill it's laughable that some people thought he was top-tier.
You say that, but with Kame's victory, a Mega Man is in Top 8 at EVO. Doesn't seem like as big a problem as you're making it out to be.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@Thinkaman rather late but you were asking about a handful of characters including Ike?

I'm only aware of one Ike that went to Evo (SM). I suspect that maybe Ryo went as well because Sol did but I have no clue how well he did. I just know SM had to go up against Hyuga in the last bit of pools.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
VoiD ends Vinnie's career

maybe literally

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Trela 2-1 Mr. R

17th, EVO 2016:

:4cloud2::4sonic: Komorikiri
:4diddy: Dyr
:4metaknight: Ito
:4marth: Pugwest
:4mewtwo: Rich Brown
:4gaw::4corrinf: Regi
:4sheik: Mr. R
:rosalina: Xaltis

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Trela beat Mr. R offstream. This big matches should've been on stream.

Last edited:

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
Trela just beat Mr. R 2-1.

It went exactly as how you'd expect. Sheik won neutral over and over, couldn't close it out and then proceeded to die at 70.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Congrats to everyone who made 17th; y'all have accomplished a great deal this day.

Who did in Rich Brown, btw?

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Sheik wants to talk to you fam
Sheik has excellent frame data that allows her to play close-range, a projectile that allows her to play the mid-range/long-range, and a much better disadvantage that allows her to get away with having such horrid raw KO power.

Top Bottom