• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suitable Secondaries?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Icies **** GW, bad idea. GW is the easiest character in the game for ice climbers to cg.
Because ease of CG matters SOOOOOOOOOOOO much against a good ICs. The point is not to get grabbed, not to get grabbed and hope they **** up.

I'm not an expert on the match-up, but there are three ICs that go to tournaments in my area and my doubles partner mains G&W. I do not know what options ICs have to deal with G&W camping the platform on SV (assumed counterpick if FD is bannned) and I've seen that match-up more than a few times.

/reposted

DellSmashman

Smash Cadet
Because ease of CG matters SOOOOOOOOOOOO much against a good ICs. The point is not to get grabbed, not to get grabbed and hope they **** up.

I'm not an expert on the match-up, but there are three ICs that go to tournaments in my area and my doubles partner mains G&W. I do not know what options ICs have to deal with G&W camping the platform on SV (assumed counterpick if FD is bannned) and I've seen that match-up more than a few times.

/reposted
Either way, this matchup is still bad for G&W, along with like 5 others.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Personally, I have been wondering this a lot myself recently. I tried a lot of people mentioned in here over the past month or so and I have to say it looks like I'm going to probably go with Diddy in the end. For myself, he seems to be the best option out of everyone. I had a difficult time picking up several of the characters, but Diddy was fairly natural to me. Plus two of my friends main Diddy (one being very good with him) so I have the people to help me get to where I wanna go.

I think that Falco does not have to have a secondary, although it is certainly quite helpful for people who aren't top Falcos. I'm a newer competitive player myself (attending my first tournament tomorrow in Montgomery ^_^ ) but I can see how a good Falco doesn't need a backup. There are quite a few frustrating matchups for people who haven't put enough time into the game or have enoug MU experience. Myself being one of them, Diddy is going to be useful to me in the future.

Also I would like to note that I find the suggestion of Peach as a potential backup quite interesting. I may have to entertain that idea and give Peach a shot....

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Either way, this matchup is still bad for G&W, along with like 5 others.
Some people don't understand that the point of that question was to ask WHY.

Personally, I have been wondering this a lot myself recently. I tried a lot of people mentioned in here over the past month or so and I have to say it looks like I'm going to probably go with Diddy in the end. For myself, he seems to be the best option out of everyone. I had a difficult time picking up several of the characters, but Diddy was fairly natural to me. Plus two of my friends main Diddy (one being very good with him) so I have the people to help me get to where I wanna go.

I think that Falco does not have to have a secondary, although it is certainly quite helpful for people who aren't top Falcos. I'm a newer competitive player myself (attending my first tournament tomorrow in Montgomery ^_^ ) but I can see how a good Falco doesn't need a backup. There are quite a few frustrating matchups for people who haven't put enough time into the game or have enoug MU experience. Myself being one of them, Diddy is going to be useful to me in the future.

Also I would like to note that I find the suggestion of Peach as a potential backup quite interesting. I may have to entertain that idea and give Peach a shot....
Dude, I'm getting ready to go there now. I plan on wrecking some people. Look me up.

DellSmashman

Smash Cadet
Idk why very few people talked about how Diddy Kong works well too. He beats Pikachu and IC slightly, and I guess Falco does decently against Diddy's slightly difficult matchups (Snake and Wario).

swordsaint

Smash Master
wario ***** falco imo if wario knows the chaingrab

its a killer in the mu when partnered with warios easy time killing compared to falco.

Top Bottom