• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Army

Kirye

Smash Ace
Petey won't be playable. =p Chances are the adventure mode is gonna involve alot of enemies from the Nintendoverse, namely Petey, possibly Black Knight *Which would explain why Ike was shown before Marth*, and so forth. What i'm thinking of though, is that it probably means Ridley's not in. ><

But we can hope otherwise. What I CAN tell though, is that Ridley will be a boss too. How do I know? Go to the music page, I think we can all assume some things.

I might just be blowing crap outta my ***, but eh, I don't see Petey as playable, ever.

Rapht's post says it well too. =p

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Hm.
This is strange.
I don't think that this video continues from the same events that occoured in the first one...
If it is, where are the tons of Primids?
The field looks rather empty when that bomb drops down...

JohnPants

Smash Cadet
Petey's not going to be playable, guys.

This definitely gets me even more excited about this single player mode, though. What other boss characters/sweet normal enemies will be present in this mode?

I hope they go all out and I get to play the complete first Super Mario Bros level or something.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Hm.
This is strange.
I don't think that this video continues from the same events that occoured in the first one...
If it is, where are the tons of Primids?
The field looks rather empty when that bomb drops down...
Idea:

Between the first and second movies, mario, kirby, zelda and peach go into a fun fighting scene where they all beat the Primids down, then the Ancient Minister comes and soforth.

Perhaps sakurai didnt show us because Zelda transforms at some point and he doesnt want shiek revealed yet? or maybe another completely new character participates?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I just think that the second movie occurs after you deal with those Primids....there's a screenshot with Mario taking some of them out.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
The minister and the primid's all look like something you'd see from a paper Mario game. Kind of a goofy style.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
For the one who said about mario comming back to kick butts really quick, i think the explanation is that in the first video, they kill all the primids, then in the second the minister comes with the bomb and Le' Petey.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Zomg poor Kirby. Mario gets pwned by a cannon ball and Kirby is left to save Peach and Zelda from Petey Piranna in less than 3 minutes.

white_mage

Smash Cadet
Im guessing that you do fight the Primids like in the above comment.
This is because the characters (mainly Zelda and Peach) are in different positions
than when the last movie ended. I was also wondering if Metaknight is helping the Minister so he,
or his world isnt blown up. That or Metaknight was blown up, and the minister took his ship?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Maybe Meta Knight teams with the minister but afterwards is betrayed by him. Also I think Mario might meet up with Link and Yoshi after being hit by the canon ball. Idk what the hell Kirby is gonna do about it now tho. Hes got it hard.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand, wasn't peach and zelda and mario fighting the ModeAs? So they won and then petey piranha appaered, thats it?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, Metaknight isn't necessarily a "bad guy". He's constantly searching for worthy adversaries to fight, though he sometimes has some rather unorthodox methods in attaining his wishes. He's probably teaming with the Minister in order to bring all of the great Nintendo fighters together so he can challenge (and beat?) them.

Also, in regards to the whole Petey conspiracy, let's not forget that Bowser was pretty giant as a boss in the Adventure Mode for Melee. That didn't stop him from being playable, did it? Nope, they just sized him down for the roster. Same thing could happen here; I wouldn't put anything past Sakurai at this point.

Giant Toad for a boss?

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
I think petey will eat kirby and shoot him like the cannonball. I will lol if Petey say Kirby's typical "HIIIII" while he flies away. In his Piranha-like-language.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
the minister look like those Black Mages in Final Fantasy9

even if mario reached the bomb what was he gona do to stop it any way

i wonder do you tink kirby can swallow the bomb

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Idea:

Between the first and second movies, mario, kirby, zelda and peach go into a fun fighting scene where they all beat the Primids down, then the Ancient Minister comes and soforth.

Perhaps sakurai didnt show us because Zelda transforms at some point and he doesnt want shiek revealed yet? or maybe another completely new character participates?
Look at the end of the first video and beginning of the second. They are in a different fomation, where Kirby and mario are seperate in the first they are close in the secondpeach and zelda are close in the first, spread out in the second. Obviously there are some going ons in between.
I would also like to take this opportunity once again to publicly state that petey would be robbing a GOOD character of a brawl spot if he makes it in.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Well at least we know ROB isn't playable XD

About Petey.... meh I really don't care, he hasn't made any difference in any game (Perhaps Mario Sunshine but that's it) so I'm not a big fan. But I would be mad tough, if he was in and Doc no

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I want to say this now, so that when it does happen, I have this post as proof that I was with him all along, and i can rub it in the faces of all the nay-sayers.
Petey will be playable. There is nothing you can do about it, so embrace it.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
Well, Metaknight isn't necessarily a "bad guy". He's constantly searching for worthy adversaries to fight, though he sometimes has some rather unorthodox methods in attaining his wishes. He's probably teaming with the Minister in order to bring all of the great Nintendo fighters together so he can challenge (and beat?) them.

Also, in regards to the whole Petey conspiracy, let's not forget that Bowser was pretty giant as a boss in the Adventure Mode for Melee. That didn't stop him from being playable, did it? Nope, they just sized him down for the roster. Same thing could happen here; I wouldn't put anything past Sakurai at this point.

Giant Toad for a boss?
Real good point Copper I dont see what the problem with Petey is he could easily be a totally unique character and the more characters the better i say as long as the dont make a giga petey lol.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Real good point Copper I dont see what the problem with Petey is he could easily be a totally unique character and the more characters the better i say as long as the dont make a giga petey lol.
He could be unique, but the more characters the better? NO. I want sakurai to take time, I want a god number of characters, but no flood. And as I have said before, if Petey has a spot, that means another character who has just as much possibility for a creative moveset has been robbed of the opportunity, and we just get ANOTHER mario character. I like mario, but come on, spread the love.
And I will state here and now: I don't know if petey is playable or not, but I will always be against his playability. A boss, ok, he's made a few appearances, but I will always dislike the idea of him being playable. He doesn't deserve it.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I don't care whether or not Petey Piranha is playable or not. It just looks like he's going to a boss and maybe an assist trophy. Oh and 700th post!!! YAY!

xRedDeathx

Smash Cadet
Leonardtown, MD - Player Name: the Exodus (EXDS)
Mario and team were fighting the Primids before the bomb came. one of the screenshots has mario killing some in the stadium, and since mario gets blasted as soon as the bomb drops, we can assume he was doing this before petey came.

this also makes me think that you will not get to chose which character your using through the adventure mode, which i guess is okay, since it will deepen the story, but it makes me think co-op is less likely, as, for example, only one person will be playing kirby against petey (unless they make it so that two ppl can be the same).

i hope they atleast give you your pick from the characters thata are in the story currently, for example, using either peach, mario, kirby, or zelda to fight off the original wave of primids.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Mario and team were fighting the Primids before the bomb came. one of the screenshots has mario killing some in the stadium, and since mario gets blasted as soon as the bomb drops, we can assume he was doing this before petey came.

this also makes me think that you will not get to chose which character your using through the adventure mode, which i guess is okay, since it will deepen the story, but it makes me think co-op is less likely, as, for example, only one person will be playing kirby against petey (unless they make it so that two ppl can be the same).

i hope they atleast give you your pick from the characters thata are in the story currently, for example, using either peach, mario, kirby, or zelda to fight off the original wave of primids.
Dude, they might make it so that you pick a character and play his/her storyline, as I've said before. It makes sense to me.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
Petey size is about the same as bowser in Mario Strikers Charged and debating mario characters size is stupid since people in the mario world can grow bigger by eating a super mushroom

Flying @ Wii Level

Smash Rookie
I see it this way. Think about Petey's aspects and personality.

In Super Mario Sunshine, when he was also this large in appearance, he had a much more comical side to him. He was goofy, uncoordinated, and dopic.

On the contrary, When they showed him in this movie, he seemed vicious, intimidating, and quite hungry. You can see him salvating in the back of his mouth. He's being made out to fit the modern boss standards.

And also, as all the other players [as well as the game itself] Petey has a darker look. It's doubtful that he'll be a roster-playable character.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*only saw the update half an hour ago and is already sick of the Petey nonsense*

They'll resize him if they make him a playable character.
They could do that. Anything's possible at this point. But I ask you, if Sakurai wanted to make him playable, why would he make Petey so big in the first place? Why not just make him small to start with?

MDupont

Smash Cadet
They resized Petey for all the sports games too. I like the nice cameo by R.O.B.

We will have to wait and see if Petey is in fact playable. Maybe you just fight him though.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Petey's a PC...just an adventure mode boss, it seems.

I like how this seems to be fitting together, these "Primid" and all the villains teaming up. This also explains the characters fighting Hammer Bros. and Bullet Bills.

Maybe this will give Skull Kid a chance to appear as a sub-boss! w00t!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Meh, he could go either way. If he's not on the roster, big whoop. If he is, it's not like I'm going to main him or anything. I must say though, Sakurai did a pretty good job at turning a joke character into someone you don't really want to mess with.

Top Bottom