• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Army

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
ROFL @ people thinking Petey will/should be playable.

This is an awesome update though.

This is a new, never-before-seen form of aggression...but now is no time to stop and stare. Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it.
This seems to support what previous pictures already suggested. I look forward to a great story featuring Nintendo characters from every universe combining forces to take on this villain.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
*sigh* I'm sorry to say this but...alot of you guys are too hopeful

Judging from the video Petey is probably gonna be a boss/mini boss (not a character).

He will probably be playable via Action Replay just as Master Hand, Giga Bowser and Crazy Hand were

It just makes sense....

If you're saying he will be a playable character...Sorry but you're ********. That's like seeing a screenshot of a Paratroopa in Melee's Adventure Mode and assuming he's a playable character.... Get a grip guys....This is reality...not your little dream world of stupid Nintendo characters that are hardly worth a mention... Petey Piranha?! Wow now that's pushing it. But then again...Nintendo was dumb enough to put that lametard in Mario Kart Double Dash..you never know. Who knows what crack Nintendo is smoking these days...If he's playable I will put my face in a toilet filled with turds.

That is all...

fatmactk

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* I'm sorry to say this but...alot of you guys are too hopeful

Judging from the video Petey is probably gonna be a boss/mini boss (not a character).

He will probably be playable via Action Replay just as Master Hand, Giga Bowser and Crazy Hand were

It just makes sense....

If you're saying he will be a playable character...Sorry but you're ********. That's like seeing a screenshot of a Paratroopa in Melee's Adventure Mode and assuming he's a playable character.... Get a grip guys....This is reality...not your little dream world of stupid Nintendo characters that are hardly worth a mention... Petey Piranha?! Wow now that's pushing it. But then again...Nintendo was dumb enough to put that lametard in Mario Kart Double Dash..you never know. Who knows what crack Nintendo is smoking these days...If he's playable I will put my face in a toilet filled with turds.

That is all...
Quoted to bring back Dec. 3rd.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
If he's playable I will put my face in a toilet filled with turds.

That is all...
All this does is make me want Petey playable in Brawl more.

*segue*

The biggest question on my mind is how they'll handle secret characters. For instance, let's say Luigi is an unlockable character again. Will that exclude him from the story mode? Maybe secret characters will need to be rescued or , maybe in a villian's case, defeated before they are unlocked. The mind boggles...

JPTight

Smash Cadet
All this does is make me want Petey playable in Brawl more.

*segue*

The biggest question on my mind is how they'll handle secret characters. For instance, let's say Luigi is an unlockable character again. Will that exclude him from the story mode? Maybe secret characters will need to be rescued or , maybe in a villian's case, defeated before they are unlocked. The mind boggles...
Secret characters will probably have their own story too, just from a different perspective or chronologial time.

JPTight

Smash Cadet
Has Anyone Thought Of This??

I believe that Meta knight isnt really a villain in Brawl. I bet that the Halberd was stolen from him and he's trying to get it back. Thats his story.

Dokuro

Smash Ace

oh god, what in the hell...? get the **** out, petey, nobody likes you.

...feh, always good to get more info on what looks to be an awesome mode, even if it does include petey, right?

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something.

In the story mode, the video from The Subspace Emissary update probably leads straight into the level shown in one of the screenshots (the one where Mario is KO'ing the Primid).
Then probably comes the new video, then a Kirby vs. Petey boss fight.

Maybe pointless, but eh...thought I'd point it out.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Basicly if your Mario, you will probably start out by fighting Kirby. Then Mario recovers Kirby and then the Primids show up. Mario fights them. The next cutsceen Mario is star KO'd. Now, away from the battlefield Mario wakes up somewhere else miles away.

If your Kirby, you fight Mario. Kirby also fights the Primids. And instead of leaving the battlefield you stay and fight Petey Piranna.

Dunno about Peach and Zelda tho.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Basicly if your Mario, you will probably start out by fighting Kirby. Then Mario recovers Kirby and then the Primids show up. Mario fights them. The next cutsceen Mario is star KO'd. Now, away from the battlefield Mario wakes up somewhere else miles away.

If your Kirby, you fight Mario. Kirby also fights the Primids. And instead of leaving the battlefield you stay and fight Petey Piranna.

Dunno about Peach and Zelda tho.
This leads me to believe there is only one way to play through the game. Rather than choose your character before the game, you play each section as a designated character. From the looks of things, you start as Kirby and fight Petey. Then, the story may follow Mario.

While this could cut down on the number of times we have to play through this mode, I'm counting on the Susbspace Emissary to take while to complete- maybe even requiring checkpoints and saves.

ThatisSocheap

Smash Rookie
My first post. Very exciting. I think Petey would be fun. Although I agree with those who maintain a bit of scepticism as to his PC nature, given the scale of his body. I want lots of new characters and Game and Watch especially to be included.

ThatisSocheap

Smash Rookie
By the way, you don't think Sakurai will reveal unlockable characters do you? That would be ever so dissapointing ,and consequently spoil some of the best surprises this game will offer.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
By the way, you don't think Sakurai will reveal unlockable characters do you? That would be ever so dissapointing ,and consequently spoil some of the best surprises this game will offer.
Um... too late. If you don't want it spoiled avoid smashbros.com and smashboards.com and anything to do with smash, he's already unveiled 7 unlockable characters. Welcome to the boards too.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt the ancient minister is the final boss, I mean maybe hes the right hand man?

PETEY IS TOO HUGE I CAN F'CKING BELIEVE IT...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
This leads me to believe there is only one way to play through the game. Rather than choose your character before the game, you play each section as a designated character. From the looks of things, you start as Kirby and fight Petey. Then, the story may follow Mario.

While this could cut down on the number of times we have to play through this mode, I'm counting on the Susbspace Emissary to take while to complete- maybe even requiring checkpoints and saves.
Or you could just pick character and play his/her storyline. That makes sense.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Um... too late. If you don't want it spoiled avoid smashbros.com and smashboards.com and anything to do with smash, he's already unveiled 7 unlockable characters. Welcome to the boards too.
What?
What the hell is this?
There's no proof that ANY characters on the site are unlockable, OR starters.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Lets worry about stuff we know... we don't know if he well be playable, we just don't. you can say he is too big all day, but they can make him small if they want to... you can say he well have no moves, you can say he should be in, you can... you know what, guys go read this topic:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110955

Now how about we wonder where mario is... did he go to where we see link and yoshi?

and how come no one seems to think that the rule breaking is done by the Primid?

"Their objective is to cut apart the world and carry it into Subspace. They use what are called Subspace bombs to do so. "I don't think that is in the rules, mario and kirby fight, it's time for round 2 when the primid guys come, and drop off the bomb, which is the rule breaker...

"When a Subspace bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace."

see that.... I think that is bad... I think the rules don't like that. for all we know master hand could be helping them fight it! it's his world (mabey) he does not want to blown up! and "Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it."

Kayn

Smash Cadet
"When a Subspace bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace."

see that.... I think that is bad... I think the rules don't like that. for all we know master hand could be helping them fight it! it's his world (mabey) he does not want to blown up! and "Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it."
every time i read your posts I get a headache. Have you ever entertained the idea, since the minister is without hands, that "Master Hand"(which is the right hand) and "Crazy Hand"(which is the left) could, in fact, be his actual hands?

And by the way, the reason everyone is talking about petey is because its more important than 1p mode. 1p mode will eventually get boring no matter what is in it just like most rpgs get boring after a while, but multiplayer is what everyone is buying the game for. And if petey is a pc, that will affect multiplayer, and therefore, makes it a more important topic.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
What?
What the hell is this?
There's no proof that ANY characters on the site are unlockable, OR starters.
Except that Sakurai said all the new characters will need to be unlocked a while back, if I could just find where he says that. But still, he wants to make sure that he doesn't hear about new characters before he gets the game, so it's best to avoid Smashboards for the next 100 days.

cccck, i think they were the ones to break the rules, and so do many others, but all discussions on it have turned into flame wars.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Except that Sakurai said all the new characters will need to be unlocked a while back, if I could just find where he says that. But still, he wants to make sure that he doesn't hear about new characters before he gets the game, so it's best to avoid Smashboards for the next 100 days.
He never ever said anything of the sort. I can garantee you that.

What he did say, was that 3rd party characters (like Snake) will likely be unlockable.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Except that Sakurai said all the new characters will need to be unlocked a while back, if I could just find where he says that.
Where did he say that?
Sakurai said THIRD-PARTIES would be unlockable.
That's why Snake's not on the website.

Revven

FrankerZ
He will probably be playable via Action Replay just as Master Hand, Giga Bowser and Crazy Hand were.
Nope, no AR for Wii. EVER. At this point, because the one that was shown on EB Games website said it'd come out Aug 15th and it didn't. Turns out, that was a placeholder date meaning that it wasn't a true date. Then it got pushed to another placeholder date of Feb 1st, 2008. Meaning, there's little to no hope for an AR for Wii because of the fact that Nintendo can just update the Wii to not allow the AR to work. Go ahead, try your GCN AR and your Freeloaders, they won't work due to the recent firmware update.

So, if Petey isn't playable, he won't be playable AT ALL.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Nope, no AR for Wii. EVER. At this point, because the one that was shown on EB Games website said it'd come out Aug 15th and it didn't. Turns out, that was a placeholder date meaning that it wasn't a true date. Then it got pushed to another placeholder date of Feb 1st, 2008. Meaning, there's little to no hope for an AR for Wii because of the fact that Nintendo can just update the Wii to not allow the AR to work. Go ahead, try your GCN AR and your Freeloaders, they won't work due to the recent firmware update.

So, if Petey isn't playable, he won't be playable AT ALL.
.........D:

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
People stfu about Kingdom Hearts already. There is no way that the MAIN PLOT of a nintendo game has anything to do with Third Parties, especially when it comes to main villains.

Anyone else notice though that the Ancient Minister has very similar eyes to Metaknight?

Top Bottom