• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Army

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You mean, like Bowser in Melee?
Difference: Bowser did not start that big in Melee. The only time he turned into Giga Bowser was under special circumstances, and was not technically playable.

It's not even close to being the same situation.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
im think peteys been in enough games to make it possible for him to be in.... mario kart, mario strikers

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Difference: Bowser did not start that big in Melee. The only time he turned into Giga Bowser was under special circumstances, and was not technically playable.

It's not even close to being the same situation.
Well, it is, in a sense. We're comparing two characters in their single player appearances. Bowser was at least twice his normal size in Melee's Adventure Mode (even before transforming into Giga). I don't think it's incredibly far-fetched to assume the same could be done for Petey.

To put in short: We're not talking about Giga Bowser.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Man, all this talk about Petey Piranha! Why don't we talk about other people that could be in the army besides Petey Piranha or where Mario went? Oh, and I'm going to make sure that when I get that game, Petey Pirahna will suffer for what he did to Mario!!

Edit: Lol at Link Sharingan's post.

Revven

FrankerZ
Plus, you have to keep in mind that the part that shows Petey it is at an angle. Perhaps, the angle makes Petey look bigger than he would be in the stages? I'm thinkin' that could be one case. Either way, there's no rules for the sizes of a character, it's just made up by fans because of certain sizes of stages and such.

I can see Petey appearing at this current size. I just find it humorous people don't want him that bad when it's obvious he's been a crucial boss since Sunshine and has appeared in so many Mario spin-offs and including the new Mario Galaxy. He's gonna be playable, there's no doubt about it in my mind right now.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Wow...there's ALOT of Petey talk and ironically it's the same arguments repeated. I think it's great seeing more of the plot, but I'm unhappy that Peach and Zelda resumed their roles as DIDs. I thought Smash Bros was supposed to be the one place where they didn't have to do that.

khold

Smash Apprentice
Kirby seems to be in a bit of a pickle.

December's too far away haha.

shanus

Smash Hero
man, last time they did a big update like this we didnt get a character release that week! Let's hope for otherwise :p

white_mage

Smash Cadet
I was thinking, maybe in the actual gameplay, I have to like, hit each R.O.B.
to get them to let go of the bomb. Maybe they have the stamina mode's HP,
just like Master Hand?

white_mage

Smash Cadet
I suppose Medusa would end up somewhere in the storyline too.
But I doubt it has anything to do with Peach and Zelda turning to stone.
If we are going for playable villains, Mewtwo could have something to do with
PKMN Trainer's storyline.

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
Nice Update. New characters, Mario gettin blasted on, cute princesses turned to stone, and Kirby showing what Star Warriors are all about. And yes Kirby will smash Petey. Cause Kirby is a beast and Petey aint. I have heard all the arguments about Petey being playable in Brawl. But everyone mostly has missed one thing. How much of an original character can Petey really be. Lets see Fluttering Filght, Goop Spit, Fireballs, Cannonballs. He would have to do some cool stuff to be interesting. Like summoning Pirahna Plants and King Boo to really stand out. If Petey can't be a truly original character and bring something to the game then he's just wasting a space for a character who can be truly unique. Or in most cases new characters fans would rather see. And it was cool to see R.O.B. always good to see an old buddy. December 3rd can't get here fast enough.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
the minister look like those Black Mages in Final Fantasy9

even if mario reached the bomb what was he gona do to stop it any way

i wonder do you tink kirby can swallow the bomb
Since there are more bombs all over the smash world, theres got to be a way to stop them.

"The Robotic Operating Buddies (R.O.B.s) on either side of the Subspace bomb are needed to detonate the device."

Well then, destroying the R.O.B.s = no detonation.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Nice Update. New characters, Mario gettin blasted on, cute princesses turned to stone, and Kirby showing what Star Warriors are all about. And yes Kirby will smash Petey. Cause Kirby is a beast and Petey aint. I have heard all the arguments about Petey being playable in Brawl. But everyone mostly has missed one thing. How much of an original character can Petey really be. Lets see Fluttering Filght, Goop Spit, Fireballs, Cannonballs. He would have to do some cool stuff to be interesting. Like summoning Pirahna Plants and King Boo to really stand out. If Petey can't be a truly original character and bring something to the game then he's just wasting a space for a character who can be truly unique. Or in most cases new characters fans would rather see. And it was cool to see R.O.B. always good to see an old buddy. December 3rd can't get here fast enough.
Petey would be an original character.

The only way he couldn't is if he was a clone.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys even seen this part?
Their objective is to cut apart the world and carry it into Subspace. They use what are called Subspace bombs to do so.

what about this?
The Robotic Operating Buddies (R.O.B.s) on either side of the Subspace bomb are needed to
detonate the device.

When a Subspace bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace.

or this?
This is a new, never-before-seen form of aggression...but now is no time to stop and stare. Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it.

why aren't you guys wondering about that?

BoG

Smash Journeyman
This is a new, never-before-seen form of aggression...but now is no time to stop and stare. Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it.
Assist trophies explained?

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
ooooooooo i think i finally get it. in the first "This world" update it was tlkin about how fighting is the rule. and since mario and kirby refuse to fight they break the rules hince the world will pay (the bomb)

now on yesterdays update it shows the bomb and the flower thing from mario.

so i think the aliens or whatever took over and forced them to fight or they would blow up the place. so when they refused they brought out the big bombs. And now u must fight to make sure nothin happens.

i have been sleep this whole time so i don't really know if any of this has been said

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Their objective is to cut apart the world and carry it into Subspace. They use what are called Subspace bombs to do so.

what about this?
The Robotic Operating Buddies (R.O.B.s) on either side of the Subspace bomb are needed to
detonate the device.

When a Subspace bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace.

or this?

Because its simple to understand.

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
Assist trophies explained?
no doubt about it.

Faces of the past, present, and future join famous heroes from other worlds in a desperate struggle to save not only the world of Nintendo...but all worlds.

This is gonna be an overwhelming combo of nostalgia + epicness.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
To me, it sounds like the final battles will take place in subspace, away from the world in which all our beloved characters reside.

what about this?
The Robotic Operating Buddies (R.O.B.s) on either side of the Subspace bomb are needed to detonate the device.

I hope there is a giant ROB boss somewhere in the adventure mode that you must battle in order to get to the smaller ROBs that detonate the bombs. With that said, I'd like to see ROB as a playable character...
And regarding the excised land that this bomb envelopes, I hope we get "dark" versions of many of the stages present in the game, like a ruined Mushroom Kingdom castle or a broken up version of Kirby's Dreamland. Dark, I know, but I think it would be appropriate for this game.

or this?
I seriously cannot wait for another expansion of the Subspace Emissary mode. To me, it sounds like characters are being forced to choose sides: those that want to protect and save their world for the greater good of all, and those that, because of greed or thirst for power or just to be downright evil, join the Emissary to expedite their plans for the eventual destruction of the world.

Seriously, guys, get off the Petey subject, or at least move it to a different, more appropriate thread. Talk about what actually matters here, and that's the revealing of more plot for us to pick at until we get another piece of the pie!

OK, I must now get back to work. :)

~Old Man Nintendo

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Seriously, guys, get off the Petey subject, or at least move it to a different, more appropriate thread. Talk about what actually matters here, and that's the revealing of more plot for us to pick at until we get another piece of the pie!
Most of us feel no need to "pick at" the blunt, unquestionable facts that Sakurai has presented us. Theres no [intelligent] speculation to be found when reading the text.
Its plain and simple; it is what it is. Nothing to speculate.

However, Sakurai also gave us a marvelously intereting scenario with countless possibilities to talk about.

I think we'll go with that one.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
I adore this inclusion of Petey.

Let's look at it this way,
The Subspace Army (And its Ancient Minister) are clearly in the Nintendo world to absorb it into Subspace, which is obviously the plot of the story mode. All members of the Nintendo society need to defend their world, as being obliterated would probably ruin anyone's day, and thus they all must band together to stop this threat.

However, it seems that the Ancient Minister has recruited some help from the more 'evil' denizens of the Nintendo. The Halberd is under his control, with Metaknight no doubt at the helm.
We all know that Metaknight typically has his own agenda though, which will probably have some sort of impact on the story mode.
Now think about this, who, of its own inhabitants, would make good recruits into an army that aims to destroy an world?
The evil villains that are typically always trying to destroy the world are a given, but who else...?

Mindless plant monsters!
Petey has never been known for his good looks, charms, wits, or brains, but he has been known to be able to eat people.
He's nothing but muscle (Do plants have muscles?), and I'm sure that's his role in the game. A boss met in the storymode.
Honestly, his cannon blast (You can see his silhouette in the smoke that the cannon ball fires from, I assume it comes from him?) followed by the capture of the princesses, and then his awesome roar win me over right off the bat. I sincerely hope you can play as him, as more large characters would be great, but even if you can't that's great too!
The concept of more bosses rocks.

But now the real questions arises, Who is the Ancient Minister?
Is he really just a new character created to lead the Supspace army? Is he the embodiment of the Master/crazy hands?
Is he some Nintendo character in disguise?

I can't wait to try out this story mode, it's really got me psyched!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

what about this?
detonate the device.

or this?

You have a point. I'm getting bored of arguing for Petey.

Honestly, I don't care about him this much.

Anyway, I wonder what the Subspace is? :confused:

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
How do you guys think Sonic is going to fit in all this if he's confirmed? I think he'll just round up his buddies to help beat the Subspace Army.

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
Petey would be an original character.

The only way he couldn't is if he was a clone.
He may not be a complete Mr. Me Too. But just thinking of how he would play. He brings the he kinda plays like so and so thoughts. So that is where the Original/Clone debate sits with me.

REXXXLATION: Petey may not be a complete clone but he might play as a Mixmash of other characters.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
As far as the different characters fitting in, I think that the Subspace Emissary would be able to travel through dimensions and worlds and the like, which means that everyone's worlds (Snake, Sonic, etc. included) would be in danger.

Though that being said, this game is primarily about Trophies fighting eachother...
Maybe Master Hand has finally grown up and is trying to toss out his trophies? D:

Nintendo Heroes Vs. Yard Sale Day!

In touch with the wii

Smash Cadet
like the bomb thing that means you have to beat petey with kirby,save the princesses and get out of the staduim in 3mins while trying to defeat the primid

Top Bottom