• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stupid Yoshi Tricks (Now With Colors O:)

Yikarur

Smash Master
3 frame window means like "dashing" the right mount of frames and jump in the right frames.
It really not easy to do.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Like I said, the timing is strict, but it's still possible to do anywhere. I've gotten the timing down, mostly.

:069:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Sharky's list: Lucairo? Yes... and he falls slow so he'll probably stay up there. Double yes...

@Uair on jiggs discussion: I pulled it off the first time I ever tried it in a legit match. Beginners luck I guess.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Found out today that it's easy as hell to DJ Waveland on the YI platform and the side platforms on Lylat. Also, I'd like to announce that our Short Hop dair's ability to trip after 120% now gives us new kill setups. I combo'd Short hop dair into Rising Downb on Peach at like 130-ish today. It was for the win. It felt great.

Tl;dr Frame data testing or Frame data calculations on dis sh*t please!

Airborne

Smash Lord
Dair Trip rates are higher the higher the % is?
I would assume, but we can't really figure that out without performing several trials and then making an assumption based off of the results.

Dairs begins to trip often when it reaches a certain percent after 100%. Idk the amount though so I normally assumed 150%.
I noticed it starts to trip most likely around the 120% region. There's also the hilarious %'s past like 300 or so where the victim actually starts bouncing off of the ground. XD

Yikarur

Smash Master
dair combos into a lot at high % because it really has hitstun.
On Snake works arround 100% dair to upsmash if he stays on the BF Platform.
Pitifully, dair is easy DI't as hell and almost useless against good players.

Airborne

Smash Lord
dair combos into a lot at high % because it really has hitstun.
On Snake works arround 100% dair to upsmash if he stays on the BF Platform.
Pitifully, dair is easy DI't as hell and almost useless against good players.
My SH Dair combo was on FD, bruh.

Edit: Oh, and I was onstage the whole time. Landing lag>>>trip time

Yikarur

Smash Master
dair is like the easiest move to SDI ever.
it has an SDI and an Hitlag Multiplier.
It's really unfair.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
We Can Footstool to Nair a few characters lol So far I found that we can do it to ROB DK Squirtle Charizard and Bowser

Edit:
So we can do this to:
ZSS, Samus, Popo, Nana, Squirtle, Charizard, DK, Bowser, ROB, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toonlink, Olimar, Fox, Falco(his was weird and makes me feel that Frame data testing is needed on all of these), Wolf, Lucario, Ness, Lucas, GnW and Sonic.

I'll add this stuff later

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
We Can Nair to Footstool a few characters lol So far I found that we can do it to ROB DK Squirtle Charizard and Bowser

Edit:
So we can do this to:
ZSS, Samus, Popo, Nana, Squirtle, Charizard, DK, Bowser, ROB, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toonlink, Olimar, Fox, Falco(his was weird and makes me feel that Frame data testing is needed on all of these), Wolf, Lucario, Ness, Lucas, GnW and Sonic.

I'll add this stuff later
CTRL + F: Meta Knight

Search Query not found.

:urg:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh i see, just in your post you originally said "We Can Nair to Footstool a few characters" so i was confused. Would've been uber sexy if that worked as nair isnt too hard to land

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Oh i see, just in your post you originally said "We Can Nair to Footstool a few characters" so i was confused. Would've been uber sexy if that worked as nair isnt too hard to land
Yeaaah thats why i edited it lol We probably can nair to footstool if you get them with the very end of the nair hitbox.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I believe it's also possible to foot-stool characters in the air and still land the n-air. I think I remember pulling that off a couple of times.

:069:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I'm gonna move probably in a couple months, an when I do, I'll have more time to work on this stuff. I need to find a new job as the one I'm currently in has terrible hours, and when I do, I'm going to move out as I'll know I have enough income.

Sharky

Smash Master
exploding all over this thread with pre-APEX brainstorming, be prepared for a massive TL;DR of unorganized ****

run away from mk glide, dr underneath/punish

jab>stutterstep fsmash
jab>dr crossup > something
jab>pivot grab>???>profit
dr pivot grab = saturated profit

remember to jab>down-b more! (personal note)

down-b instagrab > ledge dr waveland for maximum opponent confusion

mix of dr dtilt + dr pivot + bair + egglays = amazing spacing pressure
[size=-5]scatzgoddabess[/size]
run off ledge>b reverse egg toss = another on-stage Set-up starter. the egg arc covers the whole side bf platform, could make tech-chases easier on platforms?

more later

Luigisama

Smash Champion
this a trick I found out at apex. I think crouch walking backwards allows yoshi to crawl under projectlies like pit's arrows and perhaps falco's lasers. just saying... don't hate me I'm just a weegee. :(

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Crouching is effective because it drops Yoshi's nose down low, which is where a good portion of his hurtbox is. This is also why crawling backwards is good. Falco actually cannot SHDL us unless he's silent lasering as long as we're crouching.

We can also Usmash limbo under Pit's arrows.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
[11:08:29 PM] phikarp: When you ledge hop
[11:08:36 PM] phikarp: (Pressing up or jump from the ledge)
[11:08:44 PM] phikarp: You input a DJ and attack as if it were DR
[11:08:45 PM] phikarp: When you jump up
[11:09:29 PM] Fluttershy: oh, thats simple lol
[11:09:35 PM] Fluttershy: why didnt i ever think of that
[11:09:42 PM] Fluttershy: thanks
[11:14:24 PM] Celes: hold forward during this though
[11:14:39 PM] Celes: lets you move towards the stage to actually get the DR

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, I just randomly thought Id share this with you all. If its common knowledge I apologize, but just fyi, if we predict a get up attack, our falling nair will beat it out which will knock them offstage slightly, and we can usually get a free dtilt. Not sure if it's a frame trap or anything, but it works for me.

Yikarur

Smash Master
get-up attacks >100% are completly invincible. You can beat out any get-up attack except Marths <100% with Nair because the invincibility rans off before the hitbox comes out.
You can beat out get-up attacks >100% by short hopping out of range and nair then (it beats normal get-up too because of the permanent hitbox)
it's really useful.
Yoshi has so many possibilities, we need to explore more :3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've done a bit of Nair punished for get ups before. My problem with it is that if they just wait when you jump you usually lose the punish. =/

It's still quite powerful and I recommend using a SH out of range of a getup attack in most cases. If they roll away, DJCEL is a good followup.

Top Bottom