• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
nair to rest/fsmash/dashattack is eezy peezy

nair near the top of Full Hop and then aim your puff at them.

then rest/fsmash/dash attack.

BAH!!!!!
I've never seen a full hop nair to rest before.

Also, Mango, when edgeguarding Fox, what tilt should I use? Is Dash Attacking > Tilts since it hits under and it comes out fast? Or is jumping out to Fair better? What if they're above the ledge with the option of >B? What is the best way to hit them back out?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
It's obvious that hbox is better then mango. Until they play each other hbox is officially the best puff in the states. And if hbox somehow loses when they do get to play it's cuz he hadn't slept and had a bad day, so they'll have to meet again shortly. and if the vids aren't recorded and put on youtube they don't count

S0FT

Smash Ace
Mango now that your back into puff...
How do you approach a pill spamming Dr. Mario
I have been having some problems with this DogySamich character..
:(

Binx

Smash Master
I've never seen a full hop nair to rest before.

Also, Mango, when edgeguarding Fox, what tilt should I use? Is Dash Attacking > Tilts since it hits under and it comes out fast? Or is jumping out to Fair better? What if they're above the ledge with the option of >B? What is the best way to hit them back out?
The best option changes based on what you think will happen, if you expect a forward b sweetspot and you cant get below the ledge in time to fair them then obviously your best option is to figure out what you want to do when they get up from the edge, and how you think they will do that, if they are above the stage you want to try and get about even with them so you can intercept what they do, odds are they will firefox and try to sweetspot diagonally down, or they will forward b, if they forward b you can fair them out of it with good timing, if they fire fox the try to fair or bair them but make sure to be careful cause once they touch the ledge you need to get safe. If they are below the stage you want to just tap this with a nair or fair to get them low enough to die for sure then start getting back to the ledge yourself.

If they aren't sweetspotting for some reason I think dash attacking is better than tilts but that's my preference. However dash attacks seem easier to tech.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol just out of curiousity, hungrybox, why do u always reset the matches u lose?

u hate seeing them winning? lol

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I just remembered a long time ago how I unlocked Mewtwo in 2001.

-Stamina
-LvL 5 cpu (fox)
-Jigglypuff with rambo-bandana (nessesary)
-mute city

I start the match and hold down. Fox takes a few steps (it has to be lvl 5) and does side-B.

Then I take a rest. Timing is ****.

Fox fly's backwards off screen. Stamina avoids the results screen.

Rest counters FTW. :040: :040: :040: :040: :040:

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I just remembered a long time ago how I unlocked Mewtwo in 2001.

-Stamina
-LvL 5 cpu (fox)
-Jigglypuff with rambo-bandana (nessesary)
-mute city

I start the match and hold down. Fox takes a few steps (it has to be lvl 5) and does side-B.

Then I take a rest. Timing is ****.

Fox fly's backwards off screen. Stamina avoids the results screen.

Rest counters FTW. :040: :040: :040: :040: :040:
i have a controller with an M button on it. :045:

MaNg0

Smash Hero
do 8 pills

thats like 19319391 damge

down airs ****

grab down air

jab down smash

u name it

^_^

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
The best option changes based on what you think will happen, if you expect a forward b sweetspot and you cant get below the ledge in time to fair them then obviously your best option is to figure out what you want to do when they get up from the edge, and how you think they will do that, if they are above the stage you want to try and get about even with them so you can intercept what they do, odds are they will firefox and try to sweetspot diagonally down, or they will forward b, if they forward b you can fair them out of it with good timing, if they fire fox the try to fair or bair them but make sure to be careful cause once they touch the ledge you need to get safe. If they are below the stage you want to just tap this with a nair or fair to get them low enough to die for sure then start getting back to the ledge yourself.

If they aren't sweetspotting for some reason I think dash attacking is better than tilts but that's my preference. However dash attacks seem easier to tech.
Thanks. So basically, I should just give them no safe horizontal recoveries by blocking it with a Fair and just interpret what they will do with their Fire Fox.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Hungrybox is a bad loser, so he quits when he knows his lost a match. That's it! :p

nah, j/k.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
lol if u dont want to answer me then just say it hungrybox.
oh my bad, lol.

Nah I'm fine with losing.

It's just that when I know a match is over (especially in a set) like if someone is dying upwards, i reset it, because the match is over and I don't have to deal with my/my opponent's winning screen.

When I'm playing friendlies and there is a big line of people, I do that to make things go quick as possible, that way everyone can play. :020:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol oh ok. haha, but respect for ur jiggs anyway.

i mentioned this in the other thread, but no one responded; using ftilt is a good option against spacies during edgeguarding? i never use it but someone mentioned it in the other thread.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
lol oh ok. haha, but respect for ur jiggs anyway.

i mentioned this in the other thread, but no one responded; using ftilt is a good option against spacies during edgeguarding? i never use it but someone mentioned it in the other thread.
yes - when they phantasm. I think I mentioned that.

You can also jab - they will fall under the edge if you do it right, and then you do a dragdown.

In case you don't know how to dragdown, you just repeatedly baby fair and let gravity do the work. Make sure you don't kill yourself. :laugh:

The alternative is to get them off the edge an immediately attack with a bair. It takes good timing though, but it has deadly reuslts.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I dash attack when they >B. If they're higher than me, I wait and try to land a Nair. If they're forced to go for the edge or is under, I Fair and attempt a dragdown. Is this good, or is there anything I need to change?

The King

Smash Ace
Depends on what percent your jiggs is at at the time of the edgeguard against fox.

If you're above 50-55% or so, or if you're near their respawn point, a lot of the time it's just better to get the edgeguard rather than resting them only to have them respawn and Usmash-kill you. If they're recovering with forward-B, D-tilt them if they're aiming at the ledge; if they're aiming just above the ledge then throw out an Nair, this'll knock them below the stage and you can just Bair or soft-Fair them to death without giving them a tech opportunity.

If they recover with Up-B, it really depends what % they're at and how well you can aim moves at fox's UpB without trading hits. But if they aim at the ledge then usually Dsmash will work best (even though it usually ends up trading hits, so if fox is at low% jiggs might get knocked too high to punish the next Up-B attempt). If they aim high, just wait to Bair/Uair **** them back off lol, or space a Fsmash if you know it'll kill them.

If you're at really low percent though and the opportunity arises (which usually means the fox either sucks or fuked up his spacing bad) then by all means rest away, lol.

King Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom