• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Why do both Marth and Falcon don't punish you properly? DThrow -> Knee is so much ****. By the way, when they miss, rest them.

Correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Get on the edge to edgeguard Marth. You can do the Mango run up to tipper range -> shield and hope they take the bait to hit your shield. Then FH Fair and space from there.

Work on your spacing and movement in general. Sometimes you're throwing out those Fairs to intimidate or something, but it doesn't space you at all, so it doesn't do anything. If I was the Marth, I would have just ran between your FH Fairs with my own SH Fair. When you space your Fairs, do it more agressively by throwing them out closer to him.

You're hella campy, I didn't want to watch the match with Falcon lol. But Nairs are better against Falcon, I think. At least from my experience, using more Nair is a good thing.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
you cant run to tipper range and sheild.

If he hits with a tippered fsmash you get a lot of stun and you cant really do anything.

so it's kinda like, run up a little bit closer but out of grab range and shield?

maybe.

idea

Smash Master
i didn't watch those (or maybe i did? it was a while ago) but falcon jiggs is kind of dumb. falcon can kill jiggs at relatively low percents and actually combo a few moves...jiggs has everything else =P crouch a lot. up tilt through his moves now and then. it's not hard to beat falcon's moves. edgeguard him easily cause it's falcon.

one thing i notice vs. falcon is that, because he's so fast, spacing aerials can be sort of risky if you get too predictable with them. i mean, being predictable is always bad, but falcon can run in so quickly.

vs. marth...i dunno. spacing. that's a boring matchup. oh, you can crouch under his non-dash grabs too...if not always then a lot of the time. that pisses them off. if they don't know that they'll probably try to jc grab and miss with it a lot =D

Tamoo

Smash Master
F8, just a small tip, you were edge stalling quite a lot against the marth, and you weren't sweetspotting the jump so he couldve easily punished you by dtilting of fsmashing so i wouldnt bother doing that.

Anyway, I picked up jiggs for the first time in a month after switching to marth so here are some of my matches. I got really spammy at times lol.

vs fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkrz-YBK7Y8
I played hella spammy in this match, bair to uair all day lol
vs falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWMlMdvk2Pc
shame bout the sd, didnt play great myself
vs shiek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsftbZlcZd0
vs marth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_mBeywmbHg
vs Falcon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNmLQQnFcXk
Not my fav matchup, id go peach probs, and i really threw this one away lol

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
But Nairs are better against Falcon, I think. At least from my experience, using more Nair is a good thing.
Thanks for the whole critique. ^_^
Nair seems to work well but I was told my Fair properly timed beats all of Falcon's aerials.
Correct?

F8, just a small tip, you were edge stalling quite a lot against the marth, and you weren't sweetspotting the jump so he couldve easily punished you by dtilting of fsmashing so i wouldnt bother doing that.
Yes, I tend to edgestall quite a bit. As I stated I don't sit out there using all my jumps anymore. XD

It's just something I tend to resort to to mentally reset myself after getting stage ***** too much. :urg: lol.

Edit: And thanks again Idea. ^_^

idea

Smash Master
I want to play with some Canadians soon (Toronto).
haha, did you move, or did i just not notice that? yeah...go to stuff and people will be there. whereabouts in toronto? any parental johns to worry about?

Thanks for the whole critique. ^_^
Nair seems to work well but I was told my Fair properly timed beats all of Falcon's aerials.
Correct?

Yes, I tend to edgestall quite a bit. As I stated I don't sit out there using all my jumps anymore. XD

It's just something I tend to resort to to mentally reset myself after getting stage ***** too much. :urg: lol.

Edit: And thanks again Idea. ^_^
you could singstall on the edge. rising, i mean. it seems to be safer than just jumping back off and on. and i've gotten kills before by being able to grab the edge slightly faster.

but if you play too defensively, especially in friendlies, it'll piss people off =P in tournament anything goes, but if it's just for fun and all, not many people would want to play a defensive jigglypuff for very long.

and i dunno about that spaced fair thing...if not all his aerials then it beats most of them pretty well.

nair will often beat falcon's dair even when you come from below him <_<

and no problem :)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Have u n1ggas seen the hitbox for nair

sooo **** ****

and i played puff yesterday... shessssoooorape

dash attack is **** ****... start using it

Mango advice for the week

=D ^_^

idea

Smash Master
k, well, first of all:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89713&page=1134

general toronto thread. people will probably post there if anything is going on.

i'll probably have some sort of smashfest next week. i live pretty close to victoria park station. i think i'm the only one available to host smashfests at the moment...or maybe the only one willing =P

and there's a tournament in niagara on that weekend, july 4-5. that might be tougher to get to since it would involve infrequent buses and farther distances.

and to stay on topic...it's fun edgeguarding falco with upair =P jump out, miss, and then when he illusions hit him from below with upair...and hopefully there will be enough hitstun to get onstage and hit him with something else to kill him. it looks funny.

Tamoo

Smash Master
lool that sounds jokes
just out of interest, what SHOULD u be hitting falco out of the illusion with
ive always used nair but a well respected smasher in my country is telling me to use fair

idea

Smash Master
yeah, fair i guess. since it's falco, nair probably works pretty well too (i've never tried it) but...assuming 100% accuracy, fair is better since it hits them farther. nair you'd probably have to follow up with something half the time, right?

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah i usually do follow up with another fair which isnt really a problem cos its a guaranteed second hit,

I was just wondering cos sumtimes, the falco illusion and fair clank so they just go right through, whereas nair has worked 100% for me

idea

Smash Master
yeah i usually do follow up with another fair which isnt really a problem cos its a guaranteed second hit,

I was just wondering cos sumtimes, the falco illusion and fair clank so they just go right through, whereas nair has worked 100% for me
that sounds like you're mistiming the fair. and...nair is easier to time. so that makes sense.

but i could be wrong, i don't have a good understanding of the more specific technical aspects of this game =P

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
While it is true that Nair is easier to time, I'd think Fair would be better because you can jump out of it into more Fair much quicker than with Nair, which can be relevant against Fox recoveries because he has a billion angles that he can use and a hitbox that sometimes protects him if you're slow to follow.

idea

Smash Master
i checked.

fair: 15 frames of hitbox
nair: 22 frames of hitbox

(bair: 4
dair: 16, but it goes, 2 frames of hitbox, then 1 without, from frames 5-27)

Alix

Smash Rookie
is there a list of characters that jiggs can uair-> to rest and the percentage ranges?
that would be helpful ^_^

my friend has a surprsingly decent yoshi of all characters, how would you guys deal with that, i usually just space bairs, but he cant be gimped(easily at least), so i end up killing with the fsmash o_0 wtheckers. anyways...advice?

kinda hard to get a jab reset, utilt, or anything to set him up into a rest as well

idea

Smash Master
what? he's yoshi. if you jump out and do anything while he's recovering, how's he going to get past that? he has no up-b <_<

otherwise, yeah, i'd space bairs. anyone below high tier and my plan is usually to space bairs =P

but yoshi is heavy so i'm betting upair or uptilt rest would work on him.

they also both work on...i think all of top and high tier, minus jigglypuff. but i don't know percentages. on fox/falco/falcon it'll work for a long time, so you don't really need to worry about it with them...peach and marth it'd probably work until around 40 or 50%. something like that.

if you tried it in training mode, wouldn't it tell you if it combos at certain %s or not?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I would guess resting isn't as reliable since if you get it wrong and they manage to spam jump fast enough they are safe. Getting them far enough to gimp with the bair (dj isn't making them superheavy) is hard too.

Just follow hungrybox's advice against all low tiers and spam bair

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I think Nair > Fair for edgeguarding an illusion from a Spacies upon recovery. It almost hits 100%, since you can throw it out early and just not FF it. It hits them in a weird downward/outward angle, so if you SH Nair and land off-stage or even on-stage and just run off, you can tap them with a weak Fair out of their FireFox. If you're up against a Fox, you'll normally have to hit him twice before he's gone.

I don't any other details on this. I see HBox use this, though. I love HBox Puff vs Spacies.

And thanks, Idea, for the link to the page :D. I'm assuming you'll post another link there for your smashfest details.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i'll post about that once i pick a day. maybe next thursday or friday...

hungrybox is so good with bair O_O i was watching some of the already recorded live stream stuff of him vs. lucky and mango. just...ways i wouldn't instinctively use the move. i always try to 'tip' with it but it looks like the bottom middle of it works pretty well too.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYFfOiZeYE&feature=related

fair clinking with falco's illusion. so yes, looks like that does happen. i may start using nair for edgeguarding spacies more...

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Mango advice for the week

=D ^_^
2good.<3

Oh and the hitbox for Nair is this for 22 frames;
(for anyone who hasn't downloaded the hitbox system yet)

you could singstall on the edge. rising, i mean. it seems to be safer than just jumping back off and on. and i've gotten kills before by being able to grab the edge slightly faster.

but if you play too defensively, especially in friendlies, it'll piss people off =P in tournament anything goes, but if it's just for fun and all, not many people would want to play a defensive jigglypuff for very long.

nair will often beat falcon's dair even when you come from below him <_<
Oh wow I almost forgot about singstall. Haha.
Oh yeah I know, but the dudes I play friendlies with are close friends, so I just usually get pillows thrown at me, that's all. ^___^
& Nair is soooooooooo broken.

what? he's yoshi. if you jump out and do anything while he's recovering, how's he going to get past that? he has no up-b <_<
His 2nd jump makes him superheavy, and not too many moves can knock him out of it till he's at a high %... Falco's shine does and semi-shine-spikes. XD
I have a friend who plays Yoshi a well... I usually try to wait for him to land or the jump to finish and hit a fair or something. Just don't get Dair'd for a nice 50% while he's on his way down.

PB&J

Smash Hero
yeah so ive been hangin out with mango whie he was in fl ..and him and hbox did some puff dittos

they were all mindgames.mango won like 7 out of nine..so u guys should practice puff dittos becasue they didnt look that boring to me..so yeah ..genesis..cant wait

idea

Smash Master
lol i played puff dittos with hungrybox way back at the first event 52. i think he 3-stocked me twice. i counterpicked him to jungle japes for no reason =P

only things i know about that matchup are to space well and not use dash attack. and...do use upsmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom