• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
There was an African stage in Street Fighter IV also.
Wasn't that a Shadoloo stage? For Bison and/or Vega and/or Balrog? Though Bison/Vega might also share a stage with Seth.

Plus, location. Due to it being a savannah, the new African stage is likely either in a wide range of places from West Africa or the Serengeti in East Africa, but I'm willing to bet it's Ghana, where Elena is from.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wasn't that a Shadoloo stage? For Bison and/or Vega and/or Balrog? Though Bison/Vega might also share a stage with Seth.
Good point there, but I'm still not convinced. In the blog post they've already stated that characters will have specific themes, but no character's have specific stages, and it didn't seem like Character specific stages in SF IV either.

Plus, location. Due to it being a savannah, the new African stage is likely either in a wide range of places from West Africa or the Serengeti in East Africa, but I'm willing to bet it's Ghana, where Elena is from.
Um, Elena is definitely from Kenya.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Um, Elena is definitely from Kenya.
Oh... whoops. Well, part of the Serengeti is in Kenya, if I remember correctly, so yeah... that could be where it is.

They really said that no character would have their own stage? I assumed at least some characters would have specific stages after they unveiled the India Stage. And I think at least a few characters got their own stages in SFIV: Blanka, Rufus, Chun Li, the Shadoloo characters, Seth/Bison, and Gouken/Akuma, at the very least - and then SSFIV has the Metro City and India stages. I think at least there would be some stages that, if not supposed to be the characters' stages, are only there because the characters are there.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think they were just saying that there wouldn't be one for everyone, but you could associate most of the stages with a certain character (China stage, Chun and Gen). Speaking of which, we better get a Mexican stage. I just need that and the other characters (aside from balance) revealed to be satisfied. I'm not going to settle for that Brazillian stage; that's Blanka's.

That Adon face is priceless. Go Starscream go!

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
SSF4 has one new ch. named Hanza or somethin- who is this guy and what game is he from? SRK is all like "OH YEEAH, HANZA! SO AWSOME YEAAH!"; and I dont know who he is.
Other than that it's T Hawk, juri, Mr. Maxium/DJ, Guy, Adon (he got uglier!! why?!!), and Cody.
It's rumored that Yun a/o yang may get in as well because of their entry in chun's opening sequence.
The other "Wanted" ch.'s are Elena, Dudley, Buki, and, Makoto.
Of course there's always that rumor of Mike Haggar lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You're thinking of Hakan. And the rumor list mentions that Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto and this fabled Hakan are left. However, I think there may be a few more like Karin, and maybe Elena and R. Mika since storyline wise, they don't have anything holding them back. If they're not in, they're always the possibility of Super Street Fighter IV Turbo, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You're thinking of Hakan. And the rumor list mentions that Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto and this fabled Hakan are left. However, I think there may be a few more like Karin, and maybe Elena and R. Mika since storyline wise, they don't have anything holding them back. If they're not in, they're always the possibility of Super Street Fighter IV Turbo, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
R. Mika was confirmed to not be in the game. The only characters outside of the list I forsee as possible candidates are Elena, Rolento, Yun and/or Yang.

Doesn't Makoto's age hold her back? That's what some have claimed.
With Capcom that does not mean anything. They could make a "Sakura" excuse.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
That's nice detail on all the stages, especially the India and Africa stages. Now, all we need now is the ability to toggle whether or not character themes play on stages.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I like the character select screen, very stylish. i would be even more happy if they added SF3 characters for real.

kr3wman

Smash Master
What are you talking about?

Grouping characters by series is something done in every all-stars fighting game.

even in st you had the bosses at the side and the new challengers at the bottom.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Dang, this roster's huge. Never noticed how big it was until I saw that pic.
Looks like we really are getting 3 Third Strike characters. Can't wait until the announcement for them.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
@kr3wman

Who are you talking to? Couldn't be me, 'cause I didn't remotely say that grouping characters by series wasn't something every all-stars fighters do. No one here did. =/

But anyway, can't wait for Ibuki, Dudley, and Makoto to be confirmed. Makoto, especially.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
charecter rumor list confirmed, get over it people. Makoto, Dudley, Ibuki. I really don't see how we could have any doubt now. It confirmed Juri, it confirmed every charecter spot on.

kr3wman

Smash Master
@kr3wman

Who are you talking to? Couldn't be me, 'cause I didn't remotely say that grouping characters by series wasn't something every all-stars fighters do. No one here did. =/

But anyway, can't wait for Ibuki, Dudley, and Makoto to be confirmed. Makoto, especially.
thats the only similarity between the brawl select screen and the SSF4 one.

kr3wman

Smash Master
you do realize I was talking about the only similarity between the two select screens?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
You do realize I was talking about the stage select screen, not the character screen, right? =/
That's still not something exclusive to Brawl and SSF4, though.

The easiest way to group things is in a rectangle, and if you don't have enough for a complete rectangle it makes sense for the rest to be covered up by Random spaces, and, since it looks nice, it's better to have random blocks be either in the corner (or in the center). More than two for a group that size isn't really necessary.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: I'm honestly getting confused here. All I said was how the stage select screen reminded me of the one in Brawl visually, and I'm getting comments accusing me of saying or implying things I'm not saying or implying. Lovely.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Anybody see the footage from the famitsu stream ? Nothing special, just a bit more footage of SF4 characters with one match of Cody. He looks fun lol Time to shank some shoto suckas :mad:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Famitsu stream was like:

Scrub Ken dittos
Scrub Ken vs. Scrub Adon
Scrub Ken vs. Scrub Cody
Scrub Guile vs. Scrub Abel
and I stopped watching after that because it was so terrible.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
-"Street Fighter IV was supposed to be a 'Street Fighter Anniversary' title for its 20th birthday. To please both SFII and SFIII fans, SFIV is then set between II and III."
Way to go to please the 3s fans Capcom, by including NO SINGLE 3S CHAR in the game. Hopefully they will rectify this in Super.

-"Super IV will have Juri as its main protagonist like SFIV had Abel as its main char. Because they are like total opposites, the story will be much different this time around"
Abel was the main char? Didn't notice that, really. But again, it's a freakin' fighter.

early translation from SRK

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2009/12/22_449.html

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2009/12...-4-ibuki-makoto-dudley-and-hakan-in-newe.html

this might be the best troll ever.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
-"Street Fighter IV was supposed to be a 'Street Fighter Anniversary' title for its 20th birthday. To please both SFII and SFIII fans, SFIV is then set between II and III."
Way to go to please the 3s fans Capcom, by including NO SINGLE 3S CHAR in the game. Hopefully they will rectify this in Super.
I know, right? Yun and Yang in Chun-Li's opening (not to mention Yun in Alpha 3 MAX, a canon remake of Alpha 3) shows that Capcom doesn't care about the ages argument, but still if it's a game set between the stories as an introduction would be nice for a few. But then again, I guess it is less of an interesting story than E. Honda entering the tournament to make sumo popular for the 100th time, amirite :/

-"Super IV will have Juri as its main protagonist like SFIV had Abel as its main char. Because they are like total opposites, the story will be much different this time around"
Abel was the main char? Didn't notice that, really. But again, it's a freakin' fighter.
I kinda got this vibe that Abel was supposed to be a new protagonist for this story arc, I actually liked how Capcom worked with something new entirely in SF III like with Alex and wished they implemented that more here. The over representation of Alpha and II was a bit of a let down, but if they did the same with 3rd Strike it would be the same feeling pretty much, it should have been new with rehashes from the old, asking for an entire new roster was too much but I think the new characters (except Seth, that ******* son of Dr. Manhattan) fit in really well and should have better stories.

But with the nostalgia and retro revival that Capcom has been doing in the later half of this decade, it's pretty easy to see why SF II and Alpha were featured prominently, imo.

To sum up my post: Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto plz

link to nothing, bro.

Top Bottom