• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I hate that command grab of his... It's basically a Kara Command Throw... how gay is that.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Has anyone been trying out Guy?

Man, he's really tough to play and win with. I've been at it since release day and I just can't get consistent win streaks with him. Almost like Makoto.

It's as if everyone has some nasty trick/exploit to beating him except Hakan.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
For using Guy, you'll probably want to use EX Hurricane Kick a lot since it's his best tool.

Anyway, I finally got this game and a stick and have been trying to learn both at the same time. Because of this, I am a giant scrub right now lol. I think what I might do is go back to Blazblue for a while where I know my mains' BnBs instead of doing the SSFIV ridiculous trial mode combos like j.HK 6 jabs in a row EX Ruffian Kick or something.

In terms of my mains, I don't thinnk my execution is good enough to main Ibuki yet. I'm also having some trouble with the same stuff Minato had problems with such as grapplers and all, and the fact that I can't do her BnBs like EX Tsumuji into Raida in the corner hurts too. As far as other characters go, Akuma has been working decently for me although his health is a problem and I can't get Demon to come out very quickly. Rose has also been pretty good for me, she seems a lot more capable in this game. Chun is also somewhat easy for me to use since she has decent offensive and defensive options (aside from her crappy fireball) but I am having some trouble doing her basic combos like low Short into EX Legs. Abel is nice but he isn't so hot against fireballs, I should probably start using his roll more.

tl;dr PSN is RMG8S, feel free to add me but I might be training to improve my execution.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Been playing the game for a couple of hours. Currently keeping a 55%-60% win rate against my housemate. However, he's improving and I don't feel I am. I need to keep winning or my life will not be complete :laugh:

I've been reading online about honda combos using his jumping fierce > light attacks > hundred hand slap.

Any tips for how to do this? Do you just have to press the buttons quickly? I have pretty fast fingers but am really struggling to do it. Pulled it off maybe 4 times so far. Maybe a dumb question, but I'm new to this! Haven't touched SF since I was 5 years old.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Are you playing on pad or stick? For pad, you're just going to have to keep trying until you get it to work. For stick you can do a "piano" motion to get it to come out faster.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Has anyone been trying out Guy?

Man, he's really tough to play and win with. I've been at it since release day and I just can't get consistent win streaks with him. Almost like Makoto.

It's as if everyone has some nasty trick/exploit to beating him except Hakan.
If you're good at reading jumps, you can score some really easy damage with his QCF HP grab thing. It's been a constant match changer because of the amount of damage it does.

Hozanto is great if you predict your opponent is gonna throw a projectile.

He has some pretty fierce block strings too can mix up well because of his speed.

And like Gates said, his EX hurricane kick is amazing...just don't use it too often on wake-up unless they're jumping in or something...It leaves you rather vulnerable if you don't hit. It's a fantastic tool though.

Sorry for my lack of SF terms, I don't follow heavily, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have no clue why I'm still doing ranked matches. lol
I've been trying to do more Endless Battle or whatever instead.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Online is noticeably less scrubby than Xbox on the PS3, but holy hell it's still frustrating, online Street Fighter and non-online Street Fighter might as well be separate games considering all the stuff you can only do online and can't do offline and vice versa.

There was this Zangief hosting a room that would turn on a lag switch when he was losing and do nothing but crossup splash, c.lk and Lariat over and over. I lost as Abel the first time because I did Falling Sky instead of Soulless and when I finally was able to do it it came out totally at random. Next time I went up he beat everyone and had about 30 something wins and beat him as Balrog, and then HE kicked me off the server.

I really hope the SJSU arcade gets Super Street Fighter IV.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Online is noticeably less scrubby than Xbox on the PS3, but holy hell it's still frustrating, online Street Fighter and non-online Street Fighter might as well be separate games considering all the stuff you can only do online and can't do offline and vice versa.

There was this Zangief hosting a room that would turn on a lag switch when he was losing and do nothing but crossup splash, c.lk and Lariat over and over. I lost as Abel the first time because I did Falling Sky instead of Soulless and when I finally was able to do it it came out totally at random. Next time I went up he beat everyone and had about 30 something wins and beat him as Balrog, and then HE kicked me off the server.

I really hope the SJSU arcade gets Super Street Fighter IV.
This exact thing happend to me. F@g Gief.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lag switches are dumb. I've read stuff about it and it seems that your screen will lag, but in reality your opponent's screen will be just fine. I've had it happen in TvC and MvC2 before. It sucks...

Also, I posted some videos on SRK and I'll post them here.
These aren't my best and you can see my dumb mistakes at various places.

VS Guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKmXuyPMOE

VS T Hawk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFe9Ov-vZYY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6UqfYPTRfM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VbJSMr1g3g

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I need to learn how to play Chun. I'm better than the average scrub, so I can beat them with my own scrubby technique. But as soon as I run into another good player, I get my *** handed to me. I'm feeling alot more comfortable on stick, but I'm still not where I was on pad, and I'm missing simple inputs less, but still missing them.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The biggest reason why I switched to a stick is because I couldn't do Arakune's throw->super consistently on a pad.

And I can now. :)

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
that matchup is on sum ninja **** fa real lol. footsies and runaway kunai seem to be ur best optsions vs guy. also knock guy down and bait ex tatsu's since most of em will use it when they have it

oh and his overhead kick i think u can u1 that for punish its happend to me before but i think i tried to block it so idk if it legit. his ex shoulder isnt really safe but his lp shoulder is

Minato

穏やかじゃない
that matchup is on sum ninja **** fa real lol. footsies and runaway kunai seem to be ur best optsions vs guy. also knock guy down and bait ex tatsu's since most of em will use it when they have it

oh and his overhead kick i think u can u1 that for punish its happend to me before but i think i tried to block it so idk if it legit. his ex shoulder isnt really safe but his lp shoulder is
Alright, thanks. That'll help a bit. Usually I time an air throw if he does that move where he jumps to the air to whatever.
And I guess I'll start using Ultra I more in that matchup then. The matchup isn't that bad for Ibuki. I just need to learn how to block and punish him.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Alright, thanks. That'll help a bit. Usually I time an air throw if he does that move where he jumps to the air to whatever.
And I guess I'll start using Ultra I more in that matchup then. The matchup isn't that bad for Ibuki. I just need to learn how to block and punish him.
id say the matchup is pretty even imo.

another vid of me vs c. viper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxaM11EoFZ0

edit: lol my sig is oldddd lemme update it abit

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Anyone know what changes were done to El Fuerte and how he fairs against the rest of the cast now? I've only seen video's and his ultra 2 actually looks pretty tricky compared to his janky semi anti-air Ultra 1.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, it has a three frame startup. I did some tests the other day with some Ultras at point blank range:

* Ryu: Reversal Spark stops both.
* Ken: Stops Ultra 1, but will get first hit of Ultra 2.
* Chun-Li: See Ryu
* Guile: Ultra 1 and Reversal Spark both whiff, but does catch Ultra 2.
* Dhalsim: Stops Ultra 1, but the both whiff for Ultra 2; can be Guac'd though.
* E. Honda: Ultra 1 and Reversal Spark both whiff, does not catch Ultra 2.
* Blanka: See Guile, both versions of Ultra 2 can be caught.
* Zangief: No on Ultra 1 and both Ultra 2 and Reversal Spark whiff.
* Cammy: No on Ultra 1, but yes on Ultra 2.
* Fei-Long: See Ryu
* T. Hawk - See Zangief
* Dee-Jay: See Ryu

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I quit honda and started chun li! I realise this is silly because I'm going to have the same problem with her kick move but I don't care :laugh:

My honda was doing ok online (I got some 10 wins in a row acheivement) but I can no longer beat my housemate with him. Stupid ken! Time to move on to my favourite street fighter character.

Could anyone explain focus attacks a little bit? Yesterday we played till 5am and started using them on each other. While pretty funny, I didn't really get why sometimes it counters, sometimes it is blockable etc.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I quit honda and started chun li! I realise this is silly because I'm going to have the same problem with her kick move but I don't care :laugh:

My honda was doing ok online (I got some 10 wins in a row acheivement) but I can no longer beat my housemate with him. Stupid ken! Time to move on to my favourite street fighter character.

Could anyone explain focus attacks a little bit? Yesterday we played till 5am and started using them on each other. While pretty funny, I didn't really get why sometimes it counters, sometimes it is blockable etc.
Focus attacks have three stages.

Stage one- Hit causes damage, can be blocked.

Stage two- Hit causes crumple, can be blocked.

Stage three- Hit causes crumple, unblockable.

A focus attack will absorb one attack, unless under the following conditions:
1) Your opponent hits you with a counter attack
2) Your opponent hits you with an attack that has Armor Break properties.

kr3wman

Smash Master
if the focus attack is a counterhit it always crumple.

reversal specials/supers/ultras that aren't fireballs automatically break armor.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Lag switches are dumb. I've read stuff about it and it seems that your screen will lag, but in reality your opponent's screen will be just fine. I've had it happen in TvC and MvC2 before. It sucks...

Also, I posted some videos on SRK and I'll post them here.
These aren't my best and you can see my dumb mistakes at various places.

VS Guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKmXuyPMOE

VS T Hawk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFe9Ov-vZYY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6UqfYPTRfM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VbJSMr1g3g
Minato! Do you play on PSN! add me is you do. Zman94ok

Top Bottom