• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Gamestop says February 2009, but we'll have to wait until Capcom gives the final word in.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I got first page. lol

i played street fighter 4 yesterday and All i got to say is i think GOD exist. it was basically one of the first times i played with an arcade stick but i did decent and never got perfected (i did a Shoryuken into my special once and almost had a heart attack after it was done). The graphics are so amazing in person i cant even began to explain. and so on

Minato

穏やかじゃない
SF4 is fun, isn't it? And screenshots and videos don't do the graphics justice. It looks so much better in person.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
You know... that method to get him sounds suspiciously familiar...

Still, the animation style does match, and they did say that Gouken was going to appear...

Edit: Apparently that entry is entirely correct, but, if Gouken's in this game, I'm completely lost as to why. Isn't he... I don't know... dead? Then again, Bison's supposed to be dead as well (killed by the same person too), so, who knows..?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You know... that method to get him sounds suspiciously familiar...

Still, the animation style does match, and they did say that Gouken was going to appear...

Edit: Apparently that entry is entirely correct, but, if Gouken's in this game, I'm completely lost as to why. Isn't he... I don't know... dead? Then again, Bison's supposed to be dead as well (killed by the same person too), so, who knows..?
Hopefully Gouken being alive isn't part of the story. It just seems strange for him to be here. But he looks like a fun character to battle.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Hopefully Gouken being alive isn't part of the story. It just seems strange for him to be here. But he looks like a fun character to battle.
Not to mention an Akuma vs Gouken rematch is a must, if only for the pre-match dialogue.

I wonder if their two names (Akuma being Gouki in Japan) were intentionally so similar. Gouki means something to the effect of Great/Powerful Spirit or Great/Powerful Energy, and Gouken means Great/Powerful Fist.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm with this guy! :cool: Akuma, his prayer beads, his dark like demeanor, and his signature Shin Goku Satsu is full of so much win.

He deserves to make an all star comeback....with avengence!
I hope for the same but take a gander at this:

Gouken is playable!!
which can only mean one thing, Akuma has high chances.

OmegaXXII

hate to say this to you but WRONG!

Gouken and Akuma will actually be playable along with these fighters:

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Dhalsim
Zangief
E. Honda
Blanka
Guile
Sagat
Bison
Balrog
Vega
Crimson Viper
El Fuerte
Abel,
Rufus
Seth

Akuma
Cammy (home version)
Fei Long (home version)
Dan (home version)

Gouken

still don't believe me? well you non-believers better look at
THIS!

here:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
In the home version or the US release of the Arcade? I've played the arcade (San Jose State imported, like, three of them), and they aren't playable. Neither is Seth, that website just listed characters in the game that we already knew. It doesn't say anything about them being playable (Gouken, Akuma, OR Seth for that matter). I'm assuming you, or they, haven't played, or even seen the game played yet, I'm certain they are NOT playable. I've never even see someone fight Akuma, the line is too **** busy for someone to play through story mode over three-fourths the time.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
it's obvious that Arcade versions are always incomplete meaning they are likely to add new one's later.
True, but that has nothing to do with it.

apperantly though, they will be playable in the home console versions of the game (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows)
Is this confirmed, or more speculation? I really hope not, if this is supposed to be a tribute to SF II, it's really better if bosses are not playable the first time around.

****, the game looks so god ****ed ugly in pictures after playing it for myself. Screens don't do the game justice, you have to see it to believe it really works.

OmegaXXII

Is this confirmed, or more speculation? I really hope not, if this is supposed to be a tribute to SF II, it's really better if bosses are not playable the first time around.

****, the game looks so god ****ed ugly in pictures after playing it for myself. Screens don't do the game justice, you have to see it to believe it really works.
well according to that site, it doesn't seems like specualtion at all, it seems like a fact, also why are you against bosses such as Gouken being playable? sure it's suppose to stay true to it's roots such as SF II was, but c'mon, don't you think playing as a boss this time around would make it that much awesome? I sure do.

The screenshots for any game will always look ****ed up, IDK why but they always look worse than how the actual game looks, but this ain't worrying me.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Akuma/Gouki is already playable. Just highlight a character from the top row and press up, down for the bottom row. Gouken should be playable soon, just give it some time until they release the dipswitch codes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just wondering guys, when the game does come out, which system are you guys getting this for?

Xbox 360, PS3, or PC?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm getting it on PS3, because it has free online play and the dpad doesn't suck.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Probably for X Box.

Also, Capcom hasn't had secret unplayable characters since the early Street Fighter 2 games, so I doubt the home version will have Gouken and Akuma as fightable but not playable.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
In the home version or the US release of the Arcade? I've played the arcade (San Jose State imported, like, three of them), and they aren't playable. Neither is Seth, that website just listed characters in the game that we already knew. It doesn't say anything about them being playable (Gouken, Akuma, OR Seth for that matter). I'm assuming you, or they, haven't played, or even seen the game played yet, I'm certain they are NOT playable. I've never even see someone fight Akuma, the line is too **** busy for someone to play through story mode over three-fourths the time.
Gouki is indeed playable, people already have strats for his gameplay which was posted at srk.com a long while ago. His Red Fireball is arguably the single best projectile in the game, and he has zero other supers besides Shungokusatsu, however his rushdown game is similar in fashion to his 3S counterpart.

If anyone wonders, yes, I have indeed played SFIV, although I did so in Japan when I was there for 2 weeks, Gouki is already and has been playable in the US for some time now, actually more like a few weeks already. So far, only Gouken and Seth are not playable characters, however the rest of the cast so far are all playable.

Lastly, who in the world wants to play Seth, other then for laughter amusement, this guy will never ever see the tournament light of day, because he's so ridiculously broken as a Boss Character. Shoryuken, Teleport, Dhalsim FP, and a Double Sonic-Boom?!?! Yeah, that's just a few, but dude...Teleport with Double Sonic Booms alone would beast so bad, obviously if he's playable, he'd be a fun amusement character, but definitely not tournament playable unless there's a super toned down version of Seth.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since Sakura's in this game I have to get it now. :p

But some how she doesn't look.... cute now for some reason. =/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
She's still wearing her high school uniform, so she probably isn't story-related. Maybe there's hope for Ibuki to be put in.

With Sakura in, SF IV has a total of 7 shotos: Ryu, Ken, Akuma/Gouki, Gouken, Sagat, Dan, and Sakura.

If we're going to get more Alpha characters, I want Gen if they don't put Yun and Yang in.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
What's the time difference btw Street Fighter 2 and 3? As someone noted before, Ibuki would have to either be really young, or completely bonus out of storyline (like Gouken is apparently).

But we do need someone from Street Fighter 3, even if this is a prequel, several characters would still be old enough to fight. Alex comes to mind, Oro (I'd love to see more Oro), maybe the story behind Q...

Of course, maybe they'll like they're doing Gouken, and have characters outside of storyline restrictions, which would leave the door open for Ibuki, Makoto, Necro, Twelve, etc...

On an aside note, does anyone know Bison's story for this? He was killed by Akuma in Street Fighter 2, but he's been killed before, so that doesn't surprise me much, but I'm wondering how they did it (though, of course, another clone won't be a surprise).

kr3wman

Smash Master
She's still wearing her high school uniform, so she probably isn't story-related. Maybe there's hope for Ibuki to be put in.

With Sakura in, SF IV has a total of 7 shotos: Ryu, Ken, Akuma/Gouki, Gouken, Sagat, Dan, and Sakura.

If we're going to get more Alpha characters, I want Gen if they don't put Yun and Yang in.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Minato, seriously, what the hell was that. Sagat? A shoto?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't know how long SF III is in the time line, but it's quite away from SF II. I do know that SF IV takes place a year or so after II.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Minato, seriously, what the hell was that. Sagat? A shoto?
Haha, okay, maybe I was joking a little with Sagat. But there are still a lot of shotos.

I think Sagat's awesome by that way.

OmegaXXII

But we do need someone from Street Fighter 3, even if this is a prequel, several characters would still be old enough to fight. Alex comes to mind, Oro (I'd love to see more Oro), maybe the story behind Q...

AGREED!, Oro should definetly get more strory and for that mtter more game appearance as well, as for Gen well the question is: Why shouldn't he be in? after all he is somewhat a friend/rival of Gouki as he wants to die by his hands.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace

AGREED!, Oro should definetly get more strory and for that mtter more game appearance as well, as for Gen well the question is: Why shouldn't he be in? after all he is somewhat a friend/rival of Gouki as he wants to die by his hands.
Gen's might be dead (he was dying in Alpha, and we last saw him looking to challenge Akuma), though, like I said before, that hasn't stopped them with other characters. I never really played Alpha, but I did note that there's a bunch of interesting new characters in it, but only really Sakura and Dan ever show up in anything else.

kr3wman

Smash Master
First tier list by Ino, the guy that defeated Daigo in the CvS grand finals at Evo2k3.

S
Zangief

AA
Sagat

A
Dictator
Ryu
Rufus

B
Chun
Ken
Boxer
Abel
Blanka

C
Viper
Fuerte
Guile

D
Honda
Dhalsim

F
Claw

I luled at Zangief being top, but ****, Claw is bad.

Sakura gameplay vid I forgot : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZKwKWEBzTU

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Zangief is top? I was expecting him to be A ranked or so. I'm surprised to see El Fuerte so low; I thought he'd be B or A, and I'm even more surprised to see Viper above El Fuerte.

But what do I know, I only played Street Fighter IV a few times.

OmegaXXII

^ what are you complaining about, at least you've played it, while many of us have yet to even start it up.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Zangief is top? I was expecting him to be A ranked or so. I'm surprised to see El Fuerte so low; I thought he'd be B or A, and I'm even more surprised to see Viper above El Fuerte.

But what do I know, I only played Street Fighter IV a few times.
El Fuerte is like the Yoshi of SF : Yeah, he has an infinite, but he's weaker in the other aspects of his game.

C. Viper players are still discovering new stuff so it's kinda hard to rank her I think.

Zangief being top surprised me at first, but then I saw some vids and yeah. He's pretty good. He actually has options to follow his SPD, he has options to punish backdashes on missed SPDs and he has an easier time doing crossups than other people.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
^ what are you complaining about, at least you've played it, while many of us have yet to even start it up.
Haha, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just oblivious on how to efficiently use the new characters in this game.

El Fuerte is like the Yoshi of SF : Yeah, he has an infinite, but he's weaker in the other aspects of his game.

C. Viper players are still discovering new stuff so it's kinda hard to rank her I think.

Zangief being top surprised me at first, but then I saw some vids and yeah. He's pretty good. He actually has options to follow his SPD, he has options to punish backdashes on missed SPDs and he has an easier time doing crossups than other people.
El Fuerte just looked intimidating to me, that's all. I'm glad to know that Viper has some hidden potential. She was one of the new characters I wanted to try out.

Yeah, Zangief looks really good. I like it when fighting games make large characters useful.

Thanks for posting the list by the way.

Top Bottom