• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straw Graspin': Find evidence for Newcomers

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hahaha

Notice anything about the city look at the color and how the building Is arrange I think its reference to this

Kudos for pac-man support thread for a point out
I think that's a stretch. The only thing they really share in common is the color and the complex paths. Even if the design of Lumiose was a reference to the Pac-Man arena, then that would a reference made in X and Y, since the design of the stage is directly based off the original game. As such, it has no real correlation to Pac-Man's chances.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
May Two for Mewtwo.

****ing calling it right now.

Ultarix

Smash Rookie
NNID
marcus45662
Sonic is in the game, Sonic had a brother and sister in Sonic Underground. Fan drawings of the two can be found on DeviantArt, DeviantArt has drawings of Ben 10, Ben 10 is on Cartoon Network, Sonic Boom will be on Cartoon Network, Sonic Boom Knuckles confirmed.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The last direct many AT's were shown.
Oddly enough Sega's AT for Sonic was not shown, which was Shadow in Brawl.
Also Capcom's AT was Electman instead of the more popular/ expected Protoman.
Namco didn't have any "character" AT's.

Perhaps third parties are gaining a second rep.
Perhaps we'll get Protoman, Shadow (although i'd prefer Tails), and Klonoa if pacman gets in...??

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is in the game, Sonic had a brother and sister in Sonic Underground. Fan drawings of the two can be found on DeviantArt, DeviantArt has drawings of Ben 10, Ben 10 is on Cartoon Network, Sonic Boom will be on Cartoon Network, Sonic Boom Knuckles confirmed.
That's straw graspin' if I've ever seen it, but please no lol. They ruined Knuckles, shoulda just made a new character or used Big the Cat or something :3

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Ghirahim's Theme was in the Nintendo @ E3 2014 reveal video. Ghirahim confirmed!

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Greninja and Yoshi, two characters that use their tounges, were confirmed on the same day. Tounges work with saliva to digest foods. Saliva sounds a bit like Salvia. Salvia is a drug Miley Cyrus once used. Miley Cyrus is currently rebelling against her father, Billy Ray Cyrus. Billy Ray wrote "Achey Breaky Heart" back in the '80s. Mega Man, being a robot, doesn't have a heart:

Mega Man deconfirmed.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Greninja and Yoshi, two characters that use their tounges, were confirmed on the same day. Tounges work with saliva to digest foods. Saliva sounds a bit like Salvia. Salvia is a drug Miley Cyrus once used. Miley Cyrus is currently rebelling against her father, Billy Ray Cyrus. Billy Ray wrote "Achey Breaky Heart" back in the '80s. Mega Man, being a robot, doesn't have a heart:

Mega Man deconfirmed.
You brightened my night. Thanks. =p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Orne was shown in today's pic. Ornes cause Insta-Death.

Palutena dis-confirmed.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bpcj/academy/

If I understood correctly, this is official site of the revealed pokémon art academy game. There are many pictures of different pokémon in the main page, including Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. This must have a greater meaning! Or it could just be a coincidence.

D

Deleted member

All three Donkey Kong Land games have been re-released on the Virtual Console in Japan.
King K. Rool Konfirmed!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Sakurai makes SMash, he makes Kirby, Metaknight is in Kirby, he has purple feat, purple is opposite to yellow, lemons are yellow, lemons are made combustable by Cave Johnson, Cave Johnson is from Portal, Portal is made by Valve, Valve made Half Life series, Half Life 3 confirmed.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So I came up with this before I went to track practice:

> People complaining over Diddy and Bowser Jr. not making it into Mario Kart 8
> Diddy Kong is in Super Smash Bros Wii U / 3DS though
> Bowser Jr. confirmed to be in Super Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS for the lack of being in Mario Kart 8

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Grasping straws? No problem...

Sakurai has already revealed all Mario Newcomers? I don't think so. He was popular Pre-Brawl, so Geno has been on his mind. Maybe the Square rumor was true, and Nintendo pulled everything out from SMRPG late. He'll be announced in April. Why? He's going to be in Mario Kart 8. Be ready.

Definitely grasping straws...
image.jpg

What Geno?
All I see is 7 Bowser Jrs., Baby Unoriginal, and Dry Metal Wapeach.

D

Deleted member

Shadow is no longer an assist trophy.
Lately, Shadow has only been relevant in Sonic spin-offs (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing) and anniversary games (Sonic Generations).
Tails, Knuckles, and Amy seem to be the only friends of Sonic who appear in the main games nowadays.
Tails, Knuckles, and Amy are going to appear in Smash 4 alongside these costumes:

Out of all of the Mega Man Assist Trophies, they picked a random Robot Master as opposed to Roll, Protoman, Bass, or Zero.
Zero is going to be playable with his moveset from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. His Mega Man Zero design will be an alternate costime.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Shadow is no longer an assist trophy.
Lately, Shadow has only been relevant in Sonic spin-offs (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing) and anniversary games (Sonic Generations).
Tails, Knuckles, and Amy seem to be the only friends of Sonic who appear in the main games nowadays.
Tails, Knuckles, and Amy are going to appear in Smash 4 alongside these costumes:

Out of all of the Mega Man Assist Trophies, they picked a random Robot Master as opposed to Roll, Protoman, Bass, or Zero.
Zero is going to be playable with his moveset from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. His Mega Man Zero design will be an alternate costime.
Cliffjumper?

D

Deleted member

Cliffjumper?
No, I'm not CliffJumper. I was going to grasp the Simon Belmont straw, but someone else beat me to it, so I chose Shadow and Zero. Still, maybe I should have chosen Trevor, Christopher, Richter, Juste, or Julius Belmont, but it's too late for that.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
No, I'm not CliffJumper. I was going to grasp the Simon Belmont straw, but someone else beat me to it, so I chose Shadow and Zero. Still, maybe I should have chosen Trevor, Christopher, Richter, Juste, or Julius Belmont, but it's too late for that.
Psst...I was kidding.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
View attachment 13351
What Geno?
All I see is 7 Bowser Jrs., Baby Unoriginal, and Dry Metal Wapeach.
I hope this isn't just it. Maybe other characters are unlockable. At least they doubled the roster from Mario Kart 7, and they removed Honey Bee from other more known characters.

Either way.
  • The dojo is still continuing the Green-blue site patterns. Greninja is blue so a green character is next.
  • K Rool is green and Palutena has green hair. They are both highly requested characters in the East and the West.
  • We only have gotten newcomers during Directs, and the next Nintendo Direct will be during E3.
Palutena and/or K Rool confirmed for E3.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I hope this isn't just it. Maybe other characters are unlockable.

Either way.
  • The dojo is still continuing the Green-blue site patterns. Greninja is blue so a green character is next.
  • K Rool is green and Palutena has green hair. They are both highly requested characters in the East and the West.
  • We only have gotten newcomers during Directs, and the next Nintendo Direct will be during E3.
Palutena and K Rool confirmed for E3.
This is how I see the newcomer reveals for E3 and forward:

Palutena (Green Hair)
Ridley (Purple, which is close to blue)
K. Rool (Green skin)
Chrom (Blue luscious locks)

Then they can start a Red-Yellow pattern:

Mii (Default color is red)
Pac-Man (Yellow. He's friggin' Pac-Man)
Shulk (Red clothes, and Manado)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bpcj/academy/

If I understood correctly, this is official site of the revealed pokémon art academy game. There are many pictures of different pokémon in the main page, including Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. This must have a greater meaning! Or it could just be a coincidence.
Wait, woah.. I think you're on to something..

This can only mean one thing..

ESPURR CONFIRMED!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Capcom is too much of a scumbag to let nintendo promote an outdated IP therefore another character with recent popularity is imminent.

Phoenix Wright anyone?

D

Deleted member

Sakurai commented on how new Greninja was when it first debuted in the Pic of the Day.
Shulk confirmed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That would be Original Character Mario-Editon, Pink Gold Peach.
That's its actual name. Pink Gold Peach.
Ok thanks

I am praying that there are dlc characters in mario kart 8 other wise that roster is just bad

(But it does not stop me from buying the game though i follow mario kart series)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Ok thanks

I am praying that there are dlc characters in mario kart 8 other wise that roster is just bad

(But it does not stop me from buying the game though i follow mario kart series)
Mario Kart's not Smash, Mario Kart's tracks are Smash's characters. And you don't see us starting a riot because Windy Hill got picked for the Sonic franchise (Well, I am).

Top Bottom