• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange things I've noticed while fighting G&W

MG-Z

Smash Rookie
I've been noticing some really strange mishaps here and there with G&W, namely when fighting against him. When I play as kirby or toon link, it never fails for them to randomly get launched upwards during an attack that should be sending them down (toon link's DAIR and kirby's D Special to be specific.) They just go straight up at random times. But it only happens when fighting against G&W. Has anyone else noticed this occuring? I'd like to look into it more.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Whoa, I must have been talking about the wrong subject.

Mr. Game and Watch's up air not only damages with those puffs of air, the air itself can also launch you up into an anti-gravity state when he is blowing the air.

Lotsa_Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i think you're talking about Game and Watch's upair. It generates an invisible gust of wind that pushes it's opponent upward. Try it on the sandbag or in training mode and you'll soon understand.

Neb

Smash Lord
Its hilarious seeing people completely sh*t their pants, and not know whats going on.
xD

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
You play TL? When you miss a Dair onto the ground, you know that wind that blows people sideways.

Picture that but upwards and with less lag.

MG-Z

Smash Rookie
You play TL? When you miss a Dair onto the ground, you know that wind that blows people sideways.

Picture that but upwards and with less lag.
Yes, exactly like that. But unless you're telling me that wind from G&W can reach across the stage, It's NOT his UAIR. I'm never even connecting with him when it happens, he could be half way across the stage. Picture TL's downthrust going in a parabolic motion rather than straight down, that is what's happening.

Sometimes the double jump gets a little funky and goes higher than it should as well.

And this ONLY happens when G&W is in the match, no one else.

MG-Z

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't play G&W so I'll take your word for it...If I see it again and I don't see a U-air or u-special anywhere, i'll be back XD

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
You dont actually have to see the attack.
I once buffered an up B in the middle of a string, and I got hit.
they were still sent high up, while I didnt move at all.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
This has actually happened when I haven't used G&W. I was Falco, somebody else was playing. I jumped and he was in the air above me and used his second jump and he clearly got a boost from my jumping. He wasn't touching me so it wasn't a footstool jump either.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Doing certain moves will extend your hitbox and I'm pretty sure that you can footstool jump off of that.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
if you used your up b, the trampoline allows others to get a boost if they make contact with it.

Top Bottom