• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straight To The Point

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
So its just like the title says, I'm going straight to the point. The thread about me wasn't a wake-up call for me or anything like that. There's no point me saying sorry because obviously that won't cut it of course. So I'm just gonna say that I'm not going to any tournaments. I'm going to pay everyone that I owe money to back and I'm gonna get my life back into shape. The money won't come soon since I have to build up the money but I promise the people I owe money to will be paid back. Ever since coming back home from the Pound 4 weekend, I have been in the process of getting a job. I have alot of things I need to accomplish this year and I'm sure all of you do as well. All I know is I'm gonna make sure I don't become or stay known as a lieing, shady person in the community. I'm turning 25 years old, I'm well-educated, and I'm also gonna return to college to finish up. I'm gonna take advantage of the skills that I have been blessed with and gained throughout my life. So like I said, I'm definitely getting my sh*t together, paying people back, and not making any stupid mistakes I've done in the past. I f*cked up too much but I'm gonna do what I gotta do to clear everything up, return myself, friendships, and things back to normal, and I'm gonna stay in the positive mindset.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I read through that thread about you, I wasn't there or anything, but I was a victim of something very similar so I felt for the guy. Outside of the community, life is life and responsibilities are responsibilities, you do what you gotta do. You're making a big step by standing to it (though your posting in the wrong section LOL) but I hope you go through with it man and hold **** down. It's harder for the older guys to juggle a hobby like smash with life's expectations haha.

Best of luck to you homie, eventually you'll squeeze time for yourself to come out again. Smash don't leave you son, it'll follow you like a falcon tech chase lol.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Good stuff man :) I really hope u get ur life back in shape =) And continue going to tournaments if you can, u seem like a very funny and cool / chill guy.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Good stuff man :) I really hope u get ur life back in shape =) And continue going to tournaments if you can, u seem like a very funny and cool / chill guy.
Is what I also wanted to say. Get it done, man. And thanks again for looking after my boy Elam(Lambchops) :)

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
yeah good stuff for trying to turn around. Oh and would you actually pick a main?
I also think that would be very good for you (DJN). I think u can do alotb etter if you try to stick to one character and improve your skills with that char.

I say, give it a shot, atleast :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
good stuff DJ

you seemed like a good guy based on the few times i've spoken to you and read of you

i just hope you're for real though, no offense.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It's good that you're doing it.

But the initial incidents of money theft are scummy as hell I'm surprised people are so forgiving.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Thank you DJ. I really do respect you man, and I respect this decision. Just wish I didn't have to go and call you out on it cause you're mad chill. Keep in touch with us about the info. And good luck on getting the job man.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I missed out on quite a bit while I was gone....****. That debt is crazy stacked I must say but Making a thread about it is kinda messed up but I see were he is coming from. I stayed with DJ at ROM2. I spent most of the time out of ROM around him and he's pretty cool. All debt aside he's probably 1 of the most chill guys I've met. It would be ashamed if people snarled at him or cut eyes at him because of this. I understand where Reioumu is coming from though so I can't blame him. I've had people seemingly avoid me for money and its frustrating. On the other hand I've been on the other side for awhile.

I myself have been of work for over a year and 1 half. Accident=injury=stopped working. I sat on my injury for months did PT and all but after that I tried to return to work but it wasn't easy. I found jobs every once in awhile but nothing permanent. My options are about as limited as Ness' recovery:laugh:. Reason being I'm involved in a lawsuit(on going but should be done in a month or 2) with shady *** car insurance. I've been told not to do straining jobs that may further my injuries and give them a window of escape....that aside I've got plenty of experience in being broke though and going to tourneys I can see how debt builds.
for Example. ROM2. I owed a friend about $50 for me even being able to go(payed him back), I owe Ultimascout for a ride there and back, and I owe a friend of his $15 for the room. so basically about $50+ I owe for 1 tourney experience still. If I come in contact with them at another tourney I'll pay them back hopefully.

I got a job now so hopefully I'll be going to more tournaments in the future. Once the lawsuit is over I'll have more money. When that money arrives I will try to help pay some of you if possible. I'll contact you when that happens. Some of you will think "Ahh your stupid...after reading all that why would you want to..blah blah blah". Fact is I can I can identify with the situation. The fact that you can afford to loan someone $200+ is astounding to me having never been able to afford such a thing. Since this is smash I'll use a Smash Parable. Consider being broke being a bottom tier character. People will say well look at Taj and whats he's done with Mewtwo or even what DJ does with Bowser. Sometimes your stuck with Kirby or Pichu. People will point and say hey well Mewtwo did it why can't you? and I'll say well Mewtwo made the most of his potential. I'm trying to do the same but I'm having limited or no success right now especially against the high and top tiers....Parable is kinda weird. Basically it's humiliating. Humiliating isn't the word actually. It's a feeling that cant be described in the words that I know. Imagine being so broke that when out with a girl if she said she's thirsty you couldn't afford to buy her a soda haha. It's fawked up and having gone through stuff like that personally I wanna help someone out when I get blessed. Why not help out the guy who housed me.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Good stuff SpamArrows :)

What u wrote is pretty true, and made me happy for some reason lol XD

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Whats good everyone? I will be giving updates on whats been going on in my life when it comes to jobs and stuff like that. Hopefully I can get called to work for the Census since I took their test and all that. Even though the Census job pays well, its super temporary and I'm still looking for other opportunities that pay well and will be permanent. I have family and others to help me out as well if anything. So I'll be getting a good paying job in no time, hopefully lol.

Tiajuan, its been a while. Definitely feel you on everything you said. You're too nice son. You don't have to help me out =)

By the way everyone, when I come back into the smash scene, its gonna be a whole new ball game and level of kick a$$.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Please try and focus on 1-2 character(s) then, i know u would do soo much better then :)

Also, good stuff about ur progress so far ;)

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Good **** DJ.

Are you finally gonna bust out that weird *** Peach? lol
Thanks. I usually only bust her out in doubles sometimes. Although my Peach is definitely weird but good, she's boring to me lol. Mad people told me I should use her more in singles. She is one of my mains too.

Please try and focus on 1-2 character(s) then, i know u would do soo much better then :)

Also, good stuff about ur progress so far ;)
Thanks. I play every character, but I have seven mains which are Bowser, Dr. Mario, Mario, Peach, Samus, Pikachu and Fox. Not in any order of course. Although I appreciate your help and concern, me having so many mains is not the problem. My problem is that I've been in a slump since I choke too much in tournament lol. Since my playing style is super weird and revolves heavily on mindgames and setups, people that see matches of me on YouTube or seeing me play at a tournament automatically assume I'm playing on point all the time. When I'm playing on point, it doesn't matter which main I'm using. I can get top 5, top 3, or even win the tournament. So hopefully when I make my return to the smash scene, my choking will disappear..

However, I will be focusing on using no more than two and maybe three characters. I'll try my best to win for myself and everyone =)

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Glad to hear that, sounds very nice :)

Looking forward to ur comeback! ;)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Good stuff SpamArrows :)

What u wrote is pretty true, and made me happy for some reason lol XD
anything to make you smile I guess Zephy:chuckle:

@ DJN

I'm just being real. I'll probably end up doing it anyway. If you want don't think of it as help but...more like me buying debt from everyone so it's not so spread out...except by then I probably wouldn't care when/if I got payed back :laugh:

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
anything to make you smile I guess Zephy:chuckle:

@ DJN

I'm just being real. I'll probably end up doing it anyway. If you want don't think of it as help but...more like me buying debt from everyone so it's not so spread out...except by then I probably wouldn't care when/if I got payed back :laugh:
Aight but I'm gonna treat you to White Castle for those godly Mozzarella Sticks of Love lol :lick:

Metà

Smash Master
Does this mean you're not gonna come to my tournament in May in BC?

I'd support you coming, but only if you get a job and pay for your own ticket, lol

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Does this mean you're not gonna come to my tournament in May in BC?

I'd support you coming, but only if you get a job and pay for your own ticket, lol
I'm definitely gonna go to that tournament like I said before. The only thing preventing me from going is if I end up working the days of the tournament, which I hope doesn't happen. I will be paying for my plane ticket and everything else lol. Hopefully Chops will be free too so we can go together =)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
oh...can't go to canada....to far for me...:( I really REALLY regret not going to P4 now. On the other hand...I didn't have to watch Puff dittos live. :laugh:

Top Bottom