• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop taking the elitist way of thinking.

Llumys

Smash Champion
@ saviorslegacy

Don't pluralize with apostrophes.

Wavelanding onto platforms for combos is great for a few characters...
Wavelanding on a platform is fancy, but it works....
Wavelanding onto a platform is good for tech chasing...
Tech chasing means chasing a tech, not chasing a tech from a throw that puts you on the ground...

Technically, a few characters have a few inescapable strings means Brawl has combos, but generally, Brawl lacks combos. A lot of characters have a few 2 to 3 hit combos at low percentages, but regardless...

You seem pretty full of yourself.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
i wasn't trollin. I said I don't think this new techinique will be like the wavedash IMO. I'm entitled to my opinion. What makes you think I main jigglypuff? Also please explain to me what l-canecelling has to do w/ this. It may be regarded as more important because of shffl but it's not more important than wavedashing w/ all characters. And please answer that question because sometimes you only respond to certain points.
The Jigg pic
LOL! WDing is not a God. It break a FEW people but all and all EVERY character GREATLY use's L=canceling.

We are mentioning L=canceling because it is something that is in Melee and not in Brawl that is truly epic.
While little burst of momentum is good and all, getting frame advantage is all around better.

@ saviorslegacy

Don't pluralize with apostrophes.

Wavelanding onto platforms for combos is great for a few characters...
Wavelanding on a platform is fancy, but it works....
Wavelanding onto a platform is good for tech chasing...
Tech chasing means chasing a tech, not chasing a tech from a throw that puts you on the ground...

Technically, a few characters have a few inescapable strings means Brawl has combos, but generally, Brawl lacks combos. A lot of characters have a few 2 to 3 hit combos at low percentages, but regardless...

You seem pretty full of yourself.
Pretty much same as Dair canceling. Marth use's this quite a lot.
Ah, I see what you meant by tech chasing.

I main Sheik because I like combo's. Brawl in general does need more, but we get by alright (kinda).

For what, telling him he's wrong.
If you are referring to me telling him to stop I am talking from my many mistakes that I have made on these forums. I don't want this dude to follow in my foot steps.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
IMO, you want to utilize platforms as traps. Not as combo tools, unless you can Dair cancel onto them.
WDing on a platform is just a fancy show. I guess it might help approaching but it is safer to remain below the enemy. Getting on a platform puts you in a danger zone.
Never use the term mind games BTW.
Tech chasing deals with a foe rolling on the ground ONLY! Think Falco's D-Throw in Melee (or at least I think it was a tech chase). Platforms are in the air and not really valid cuz you rarely get grabbed up there. If you do however prepare for an infinite.
You might be think of normal chasing. In which case this could be useful as a FSmash set up. Most of the time you would just go for another airial though.
Nothing else BTW.

:EDIT:

epic
saviors you don't know much about melee so please do your part too. When i say tech-chasing on platforms I means when you throw them up, they tech and you jump and wavedash towards them on the platform and regrab. See you obviously don't know what you're talking about iin melee you seem to be very knowledgeable in brawl though.

at everyone else: Sorry for taking this thread so off topic. I don't like brawl and I play melee because it's better IMO. This starting with people saying this was the next wavedash and I cam in and said it wasn't gonna be. Then saviors began to post stupid things anout melee and I responded to him and Crashic. I will wait for a few more responses and then I will go.

EDIT: at your last post; I didn't say it was a god I agree that l cancelling and shffl'ing is better, but not for all characters which I'm sure we can agree on.
DOUBLE EDIT: I re-read the post I made and I can see the confusion, my fault there.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
at everyone else: Sorry for taking this thread so off topic. I don't like brawl and I play melee because it's better IMO. This starting with people saying this was the next wavedash and I cam in and said it wasn't gonna be. Then saviors began to post stupid things anout melee and I responded to him and Crashic. I will wait for a few more responses and then I will go.
I know what you mean, and I'd feel the same way if I was you... But the way you worded your posts made it seem like you were dissing the game, flame-baiting and just outright trolling for no reason.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i have no idea how you'd make sing anymore useful than it already is.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Bait the airdodge, fastfall, sing, fsmash, win. You see? I just brainstormed.

Some one try that ****... seriously...

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
I know what you mean, and I'd feel the same way if I was you... But the way you worded your posts made it seem like you were dissing the game, flame-baiting and just outright trolling for no reason.
no problem. I don't like brawl but it has it's good moments. I was introduced to these forums through brawl and they have made me and infinitely better player then I could have been w/out them. I played brawl for a long time, then I switched to melee as I enjoyed the gameplay more and it was a HUGE part of my childhood.

saviorslegacy

saviors you don't know much about melee so please do your part too. When i say tech-chasing on platforms I means when you throw them up, they tech and you jump and wavedash towards them on the platform and regrab. See you obviously don't know what you're talking about iin melee you seem to be very knowledgeable in brawl though.

EDIT: at your last post; I didn't say it was a god I agree that l cancelling and shffl'ing is better, but not for all characters which I'm sure we can agree on.
DOUBLE EDIT: I re-read the post I made and I can see the confusion, my fault there.
I forgot the part about putting people onto platforms and chasing there techs.

ty for that

I personally like B+ more than Melee.
Melee has so many things to learn (like what, 8+ years of meta game) it is like climbing a mountain.
So I'll never go pro at Melee. There is just to much to wade through and it will take me years to catch up with the top pro's.

B+ however, is like Brawl but with more hit stun and every character is evenly broken. So I like it a lot.
I agree
Owell, no harm no foul

:EDIT:
Bait the airdodge, fastfall, sing, fsmash, win. You see? I just brainstormed.

Some one try that ****... seriously...
You will have like no frame advantage.
Sing is good to stop rushing attacks since it has something like grab frames but the people fall asleep instead of getting grabbed.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Whoa whoa whoa, Logan, if you're going to start something that doesn't have to do with this topic, please, just go. I don't want to have this closed. Read the last few pages, and you're trolling a bit.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
I forgot the part about putting people onto platforms and chasing there techs.

ty for that

I personally like B+ more than Melee.
Melee has so many things to learn (like what, 8+ years of meta game) it is like climbing a mountain.
So I'll never go pro at Melee. There is just to much to wade through and it will take me years to catch up with the top pro's.

B+ however, is like Brawl but with more hit stun and every character is evenly broken. So I like it a lot.

I agree
Owell, no harm no foul
we cool? Yeah learning melee was a really fun challenge for me though. I used to want to get my wii hacked for B plus but I couldn;t do it right so I got melee and fell in love with it all over again. It's not that I hate brawl, it's that I hate the players who are ignorant like you were a little bit ago and are obnoxious about it but you realized your mistakes and actually fixed them so no problem. I wondered why you were always trying to make brawl into melee but now I know why. Can you wavedash in brawl plus?
EDIT: yeah Serin it's over and cool now :)

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
The problem here is you guys are trying to find depth in Brawl.

That's like trying to go deep sea fishing in a wading pool.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
i have no idea how you'd make sing anymore useful than it already is.
Easy, make it a doubles tactic, which I've never hard discussed, you sing your opponent to sing, your team mate hits you with a Falco lazer to stop you, you then punish your opponent with a rest. ZAM!

The problem here is you guys are trying to find depth in Brawl.

That's like trying to go deep sea fishing in a wading pool.
Name one thing about the Brawl metagame you know, and then read my post about depth in games and how it is completely unreleated to technical skill.

You will not find a better escape game than Endless Ocean, and Endless Ocean is easily one of my favorite games of the last 5 years. The ease of play put together with the vast, expansive world full of treasures yet to find and incredible depth ranging from the changing of seasons to the simple yet effective story telling.

Now, is this a hard game to play? Not by any means, however, why should a game be hard to play at all? Is that not counter intuitive to the idea of games? Endless Ocean proves that a game can be easy to pick up, but still have an incredible amount of depth behind it. Too much have I heard people on this site say that a game has no depth because it is not difficult to play. There is a lot more than depth than mastering the controls of the game, and from a developer (and player) stand point, having to master controls is not something that sounds like a well developed game to me. Serlin's review of Street Fighter 4 proves that out right.

Think back to the original Mario's, where the controls were very, very easy, the design was easy to understand and comprehend as well. Despite this, the amount of depth in the game of the original Mario's is staggering for their time, with hours upon hours of hidden treats for gamers to find. Now think of Smash 64, where the game's controls are incredibly intuitive, but the developers put loads of features in the game that were never mentioned, but left for players to discover, such as shield breaking Jigglypuff, and an extensive combo and DI system. Here we see two examples of games that are intuitive in play, but have hours upon hours of play time long after mastery. Without a competitive drive, once I have mastered the technical aspect of Gears of War, what is to keep me, the gamer coming back for more? With the high price tag of today's games, I would expect a lot of this true level of depth, and yet I see none in most of what is labeled 'hardcore' games.

Now excuse me while I go preorder A Boy and his Blob

saviorslegacy

we cool? Yeah learning melee was a really fun challenge for me though. I used to want to get my wii hacked for B plus but I couldn;t do it right so I got melee and fell in love with it all over again. It's not that I hate brawl, it's that I hate the players who are ignorant like you were a little bit ago and are obnoxious about it but you realized your mistakes and actually fixed them so no problem. I wondered why you were always trying to make brawl into melee but now I know why. Can you wavedash in brawl plus?
EDIT: yeah Serin it's over and cool now :)
Nah, I would rather spread malicious rumors about you and hate your guts for the rest of my smash career.
yeah we're cool

I will help you hack it. Call me on AIM and I;ll send you the files and stuff.
It is really easy.

BTW, B+ is better than Melee IMO.
IT has combo's just like Melee but with Brawl stuff like DACUS, Boost grabs and the like.
It also DOESN'T have gay stuff like wave shining and infinites.
Also, everyone is broken so main who you want and do good with them.

There is NO wave dashing. You can however duck out of a Dash which means you can slide after a dash. With crawling character you can reverse your momentum.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
which I've never hard discussed
The Puff board gets hard from just mentioning Her Majesty.

Assuming that the opponent gets hit during the 6 or so frames of activation between a total of three pulses of Sing, has enough damage to warrant a frame advantage after said pulse (since sleep time between pulses doesn't matter), and the Puff user DOES manage to get hit out of Sing BEFORE the opponent's partner punishes Puff/ uses smelling salts on the affected partner, then sure, Sing could be viable in doubles.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Easy, make it a doubles tactic, which I've never hard discussed, you sing your opponent to sing, your team mate hits you with a Falco lazer to stop you, you then punish your opponent with a rest. ZAM!
even in doubles, i doubt this would be very effective until high percents.
low-mid they could probably wake up and run away before you could pull it off.
you could probably get a smash in their face though.
assuming their partner doesn't mess it up.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Now, I didn't say it would make it THAT much better, but taking a taunt and making SLIGHTLY useful, well that's something.
Yeah, the only use I see it in is infinite camping (not stalling) by refreshing your jumps. Imagine a wario who never has to land.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I find ledge-canceled sing somewhat useful.
That's the only use for it, aside from EXTREMELY situational Sing-icide Fair kills.

Sing transfers momentum from attacks that move the user's character (e.g. Ganon's Fsmash) to the character itself, and pushes them to the edge of the stage.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
In doubles, use double jigglypuff and sing infinite 2vs1.

...That's quite possibly the most hilarious possibly legal stall method I've ever imagined. We gotta see a low tier doubles team pull this off to time out now.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I would rather spread malicious rumors about you and hate your guts for the rest of my smash career.
yeah we're cool

I will help you hack it. Call me on AIM and I;ll send you the files and stuff.
It is really easy.

BTW, B+ is better than Melee IMO.
IT has combo's just like Melee but with Brawl stuff like DACUS, Boost grabs and the like.
It also DOESN'T have gay stuff like wave shining and infinites.
Also, everyone is broken so main who you want and do good with them.

There is NO wave dashing. You can however duck out of a Dash which means you can slide after a dash. With crawling character you can reverse your momentum.
Thanks a lot man but I'm gonna stick to melee. I've put to much time into it to give up it now. Haha. Maybe in a while if I want to try something new I'l hit you up:laugh:

Llumys

Smash Champion
Stop pluralizing with apostrophes.

If you think Brawl+ is better than Melee because of its advanced techniques, I can't help but think you're ignorant. Melee-specific advanced techniques give you a lot more freedom than Brawl+'s. You shouldn't be saying any is better if you don't know what you're talking about.

saviorslegacy

Stop pluralizing with apostrophes.

If you think Brawl+ is better than Melee because of its advanced techniques, I can't help but think you're ignorant. Melee-specific advanced techniques give you a lot more freedom than Brawl+'s. You shouldn't be saying any is better if you don't know what you're talking about.
WTH do you mean by that. You've said it twice and you just sound like a Language teacher. -_-

I don't think B+ is better than Melee as far as AT's go. I said that one of the reasons why I like it is because it has Brawl AT's.
Melee hs a ton of AT's, that is due to it's age. Brawl is evolving and I like it more because of that.
Oh, and if Mewtwo/Roy was in B+ they wouldn't be low. Another cool thing is that it is balanced unlike any smash game ever.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
WTH do you mean by that. You've said it twice and you just sound like a Language teacher. -_-

I don't think B+ is better than Melee as far as AT's go. I said that one of the reasons why I like it is because it has Brawl AT's.
Melee hs a ton of AT's, that is due to it's age. Brawl is evolving and I like it more because of that.
Oh, and if Mewtwo/Roy was in B+ they wouldn't be low. Another cool thing is that it is balanced unlike any smash game ever.
He's nitpicking, and it's dumb, but when you say "AT's" you give possession to the AT or say "AT is" instead of saying "more than 1 AT" like you're meaning to. ATs (no apostrophe)would be the proper way to say "more than 1 AT".

You also said "Melee has a ton of AT's, that is due to it's age". "it's" means "it is", not "belongs to it". You would want to say "due to its age" (again, no apostrophe) in this context, instead of "due to it's age".

Again, it's nitpicking, and he didn't really need to point it out, just thought I'd fill you in on exactly what he was pointing out.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Day by day, I lurk most boards to see if they have anything recent or new to tell others. When I look at ideas posted, unless it's a well-known player, it gets shunned off like a leper trying to get along with a regular crowd. There is nothing wrong with a suggestion and other boards need to realize that.

Take a move others find useless (except Mario's dtilt... <_<) and experiment with it. Find something you like, test it, get a video of it and show it to the rest of the boards. If you have done all of that, nobody should have the right to blatantly say it's a stupid idea. Having good proof of it's access in a match would be even more helpful to whatever you are trying to rethink.

Now I know people would rather listen to the advice of people that have gone through the matchup and etc, but if someone else has an idea and legitimately puts it on the table, give it a chance. Even if a highly capable player considers it useless, try to prove him wrong. Nobody will hate you for it.

On the other hand, don't just take the idea of an elitist and say "Best idea ever" without thoroughly testing it. Everybody is human and will make a mistake. If it's right, it's right, but if it's wrong, don't be afraid to testify its well-being as a technique or anything else. Every move that a character has can be used efficiently, it just has yet to be found (except Mario's dtilt. >_>)

Low tier characters, this goes especially for you. Use a seemingly useless move and find a use for it. Samus's usmash or Jigglypuff's Sing (I don't really know if it's considered useless correct me if I'm wrong) can all be used to a certain extent. Try an ACA and try it into a useless move. Anything to up it's usefulness and make that move more viable in combat.

Take a move and brainstorm it here. If anyone wants to put up a suggestion, just tell me.
I agrree with this Din's Fire FTW!!!

saviorslegacy

He's nitpicking, and it's dumb, but when you say "AT's" you give possession to the AT or say "AT is" instead of saying "more than 1 AT" like you're meaning to. ATs (no apostrophe)would be the proper way to say "more than 1 AT".

You also said "Melee has a ton of AT's, that is due to it's age". "it's" means "it is", not "belongs to it". You would want to say "due to its age" (again, no apostrophe) in this context, instead of "due to it's age".

Again, it's nitpicking, and he didn't really need to point it out, just thought I'd fill you in on exactly what he was pointing out.
-_-
I don't pay attention to how I spell/construct a sentence on the internet.
That belongs in a class room/a book.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
-_-
I don't pay attention to how I spell/construct a sentence on the internet.
That belongs in a class room/a book.
As long as I can understand you, I won't say anything about it. I was just telling you what he was commenting on, since you asked.

This elitist way of thinking business is pretty flimsy, as it's easy to get annoyed by others posting something they think is groundbreaking and important. It happens all the time.

The internet is a scary place.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Reminds me of the guy who showed up to the Zelda boards claiming he somehow was able to shoot 2 Dins at once :p We never looked into it too much where we got results xD

saviorslegacy

As long as I can understand you, I won't say anything about it. I was just telling you what he was commenting on, since you asked.

This elitist way of thinking business is pretty flimsy, as it's easy to get annoyed by others posting something they think is groundbreaking and important. It happens all the time.

The internet is a scary place.
I agree... I hate l33t and spelling short cuts....

lol, I agree
Reminds me of the guy who showed up to the Zelda boards claiming he somehow was able to shoot 2 Dins at once :p We never looked into it too much where we got results xD
At lest look into it <,<

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
id really rather not post anything in the marth boards even with testing and videos. i may one day, but they wouldn't believe me or anyone else who would do anything like that. imo

id rather just do the **** in tourneys place good then post a vid of the match where i do something that isn't used.
then more people will try it.

but then again idc if i tell people stuff or not.

just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom