• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
What alt will everyone be using?
Default Steve for me.
I'll be flaunting my kilt with the Scottish Steve, for sure! Also, the two unexcepted Monsters aswell.

So, what do you guys think his Mii Costume wave will be like?
Personally, I'm guessing that it could go something like:
  • Minecraft Diamond Armor (Mii Swordfighter)
  • Creeper / Pig Hat (Either or would be great)
  • Monster Hunter (Mii Swordfighter, Returning from Smash 4)
  • Rathalos Armor (Mii Swordfighter, Returning from Smash 4)
  • Master Chief (Mii Gunner, comes with Halo main theme music track)
I'm 100% with your guesses! I can easily envision them being this Wave's Costumes based on my philosophy.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, what do you guys think his Mii Costume wave will be like?
Personally, I'm guessing that it could go something like:
  • Minecraft Diamond Armor (Mii Swordfighter)
  • Creeper / Pig Hat (Either or would be great)
  • Monster Hunter (Mii Swordfighter, Returning from Smash 4)
  • Rathalos Armor (Mii Swordfighter, Returning from Smash 4)
  • Master Chief (Mii Gunner, comes with Halo main theme music track)
My ten cents:

• Creeper Hat
  • Illager (Mii Gunner)
  • Gil (SSB4)
  • Monster Hunter (SSB4)
  • Rathalos Armor (SSB4)
  • Ori (Premium Universal Costume that comes with Light of Nibel Remix) or Trapper (Dead by Daylight Premium Mii Swordfighter costume with a remix of the DBD theme), both of which can correlate with the natural and survival themes of Minecraft respectively.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I've been looking at the trailer for quite some time now and can I just say, there's a bit to unpack here. Here's what I have so far:

Blocks:
  • They degrade faster if you stand on them
  • They go from newest to oldest block
  • They might be of a different material based on the stage you're on (Possibly Netherrack on the Castle Siege Volcano, Wooden Planks on the Kongo Falls stage, etc.)

TNT:
  • Has a 7-block blast radius (Basically, 3.5 Donkey Kongs wide)
  • Possibly has a sweet spot at the center of the blast (Compare Steve and Samus to Banjo)

Crafting Table:
  • Seems to last for as long as you want to
  • Can be destroyed. Alex's aerial causes it to shake and crack when it's hit.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I was thinking of the most overly complicated moveset for Steve and Alex what if somehow they had the Hotbar incorporated? You can mine certain objects like Redstone and TNT and then you can craft a Pressure Plate if you mined wood. You could then scroll through the Hotbar and depending on what you have selected the build ability places that block down. That seems way to complicated yet it might be pretty cool

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I've watched Steve's trailer so many times while watching reaction videos. Initially the minecraft movements felt really jarring and out of place, but the more I see him, the less weird and more natural it feels, like Game & Watch

You know how characters’ eyes glow when they parry?

I wonder if Steve’s parry will make him look like Herobrine for a moment.
When he has the Final Smash ready to go, the fact that his eyes glow made him look like Herobrine to me

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I was thinking of the most overly complicated moveset for Steve and Alex what if somehow they had the Hotbar incorporated? You can mine certain objects like Redstone and TNT and then you can craft a Pressure Plate if you mined wood. You could then scroll through the Hotbar and depending on what you have selected the build ability places that block down. That seems way to complicated yet it might be pretty cool
I mean, we literally saw Steve mine some ore, and then build a steel sword at a different part of the trailer. I have to wonder if we're not in for some serious resource management with this character.

G83mBoy

Smash Cadet
Steve isn't an actual character, why didn't someone tell Sakurai he wouldn't fit in Smash?!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
you know I was kind of afraid they might of redesigned Steve & Alex graphicly but I'm still laughing that he's still a. jpeg to be honest. A lot of people dont like their simple animations calling it lazy and what have you, but I for one think it gives them lots of charm.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think he looks very fun and awesome to play as.

I’m disappointed none of the maingame’s music got in. There are cool fanmade remixes, so I guess the composers couldn’t come up with anything. Halland was also slow and calm, which makes it stranger. But oh well, the tracks we got still sound great.

Last edited:

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman

I’m disappointed none of the maingame’s music got in. There are cool fanmade remixes, so I guess the composers couldn’t come up with anything. Halland was also slow and calm, which makes it stranger. But oh well, the tracks we got still sound great.
I was just told that it was probably a licensing issue, since C418 owns the original soundtrack, not Mojang.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not a fan of durability on weapons, but other than that the character looks interesting for sure.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
After thoughts,

Steve looks REALLY fun. Edge guarding looks like it might be insane with this character, and the craft/build mechanic was done super well. I love how the moveset integrates so well with the rest of the kit, and I guess I was honestly expecting a release date today or tomorrow, to correlate with the trend of swift releases. Waiting another week and a half is gonna hurt, ngl lol. But I honestly might have found another main, no joke

Edit: I am kinda sad that none of the mainline minecraft music made it in, I would've thought Sweden was a must have track so it sucks to see it missing. The tracks they do have sound great overall though

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The :ultkirby: hat is perfect. He genuinely looks like he could be a guest in a MC game.

It is pretty telling that the original game's OST is too mellow even for Sak (and we're talking about someone that manages to get Animal Crossing in here on a regular basis). Even so, licensing issues most likely prevented that anyways.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Someone who wants to be good with Steve (& Alex) will have to be extremely versatile and change tactics based on the stage. Because of having more of certain materials for some.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Someone who wants to be good with Steve (& Alex) will have to be extremely versatile and change tactics based on the stage. Because of having more of certain materials for some.
I'm one of those people, and my gosh, Town and City, Smashville, and Yoshi's Story sound like a nightmare for that reason alone.
On the plus side, I can actually benefit from counter picking Lylat Cruise now!
Edgeguarding seems as though there's really no limit on placing blocks like I initially presumed, so what that means is we can potentially just build a wall around the ledge and prevent the opponent from recovering. Not to mention our strong and low-launching forward throw. The golden sword jab looks absolutely insane, like a movable PK Fire almost. My favorite part of his kit has to be the taunts, though: I love how they used gestures you do in online play. Thank you so, so much Mr. Sakurai.
I'll take a closer look at the presentation here soon.

D

Deleted member

no music from the original game is bad and scam, 0/10 can't believe I wasted money on this

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Begun updating the original post to reflect move set. The special moves are first due to those being the ones that require the most explanation (Neutral B in particular)

D

Deleted member

I think most of the original music is from C418 if I'm not mistaken, so no og music is likely due to licensing.
they used this exact same "not good for fighting" excuse for banjo while proving they had the copyright for those songs

also there's been new music by someone who isn't C418

also also is there literally any evidence that C418 would stop these songs from getting in the game

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
Gotta say as someone who loves volcanic content, I love that Steve has a magma block for up smash and the lava bucket for down smash. Really hyped to try this character out, seems like a ton of fun.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
At the end of the day I don't pay too much attention to the music in Smash when I'm playing a match, plus 6/7 are brand new remixes and that alone is awesome. I can see how it would upset some, and I do really like the ost, but it probably won't matter to me as much.

Top Bottom