• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Starfox Mafia Game sign up Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Starfox Mafia

*Request for Moderator privileges just for the duration of this games (so I can lock threads for the night cycle, sticky game threads and edit posts concerning the game) *

Hey guys, I thought I’d bring on the concept of a mafia game to the boards, since all of the social threads seem to be working.

If you guys don’t know what a Mafia game is, please refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_game

Obviously this game has some rule variations as well as role ones that I will explain later on.

I spent a long time making these roles so they would be balanced, please take a look at them.

Rules:

First of all, I will be VERY strict with inactivity, if a player is inactive for more than 2 days (night and day cycles) he will be thrown out of the game and it’s role will be up for grabs. PLEASE, if you sign up make sure you’ll be able to check the game at least once a day. That being said lets continue with the actual in-game rules.

The Day cycle will go as follows:
  • Start of the day
  • The dead player (if any) will be revealed alongside with the clue for the killer.
  • The voting will be open.

The Dusk cycle will go as follows:
  • Voting will be closed and Night phase will be open.

The Night Cycle will go as follows (in order of priority):
  • Blocks
  • Supplies
  • Protections
  • Kills
  • Investigations.

This means that if you investigate player “A” but player “B” targeted him and the kill was successful, the investigation will not go through because the player is already dead.

I will allow changing votes ONCE, otherwise it will be too confusing.
Please bold your votes and use this format “ [VOTE Player A] ”. Yes this is a rule.

Normal forum rules apply here as well.

I will lock the thread at night; no posting will be done on the main thread until Day Phase.
PMs are allowed; just not abuse the privilege by doing stuff like confirming your role with pictures and stuff.

I will create a discussion thread where dead people might post in. DO NOT post compromising information about other players.

There will be a Story/Clue thread that will be locked and is just for observation.

The Mafia will know each other.

Fake claims are admitted at your own risk.

Starwolf team is a third party. this means that it will try to win the game and play against both Mafia and Citizens, they will know each others identity at the begining of day 2.

Well that’s about it, if you have a question or a comment please PM me with it, this thread is just for signing in.

And without further ado….

TEH ROLEZ!

The bad guys:

Mafia:

Andross. - The godfather, he cannot be killed unless all the other mafia have. Each night phase he can PM me with the target of his choice, as well as the mafia that will carry out the kill.

Apparoid Queen.- Second in command, if she is investigated she will turn up as “civilian”

General Scales.- Third in command, he might attempt to kill once every night phase, with a 50:50 chance of success.

Emperor Anglar.- Fourth in command, he may block a player 2 times during the game at night, thus preventing any action being played on him with the exception of kill attempts (protections, investigations, supplies, etc)

Andrew Oikonny.- Fifth in command, he may investigate a player 3 times during the game at night.

Third party players:

Starwolf Team:

Wolf O’Donnell.- Leader of a renegade organization, he may carry out 3 attempt kills (blaster shots) at night during the game, if the target is Fox McCloud, the attempt will be reflected and kill Wolf.

Leon Powalski.- Pilot alongside Starwolf, he may investigate 2 people during the game.

Panther Caroso.- He may protect a Starwolf member twice during the game, the protection will last the whole night phase. He may not protect two nights in a row, he may protect the same member twice.

The good guys:

Starfox Team:

Fox McCloud.- Leader of the Starfox Team, he may attempt to kill (shoot) 3 times during the game at night, if the targeted player is Wolf the attempt will be reflected and kill Fox.

Falco Lombardi. - Ace pilot of the Starfox team, he may block a player 2 times during the game at night, thus preventing any action being taken on the player with the exception of kill attempts.

Krystal. – Newest member of the Starfox team, she may protect a player twice during the game at night.

Peppy Hare.- Oldest member of the Starfox team, former comrade of Fox’s father. He may investigate a player 3 times during the game at night.

Slippy Toad.- The teams mechanic, he may fix a players ship once during the game (reviving the player) anytime during the day, this will cause his role to be reveled however.
*Note: The player that is revived will not get his abilities back; he will become a normal citizen.

Other important characters:

General Pepper. - The head of the defense forces of Corneria. He is your clue giver, after every Mafia or Starwolf kill he will give out a clue to the killer’s identity, but at the same time the Mafia/Starwolf will get a very subtle clue to G. Peppers identity.

ROB 64.- Starfox Team Robot operator. He can aid a Starfox team member once at night during the game, providing either: Fuel (an extra protection for Falco), Ammo (an extra shot for Fox), Data (an extra investigation for Peppy) and Gems (An extra protection for Krystal). Example: If used on Falco during night 3, he will be able to block 2 players that night while only using one block. Or if used on Fox he will be able to attempt two kills while only using one shot.
*Note: These supplies are not stackable, the may be used only on the night they were sent or they will go to waste.

Citizens (8 of them):

These have no special abilities, they may vote once during the day cycle.

Well I hope you like the roles and want to play the game, I guarantee it's going to be awesome.

1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro
5. Seagull Man
6. Yumewomiteru

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Ok, let me put up the list of players, copy it and add you name. Then post it.

The players right now are.

1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
For future sign ups, please copy and paste this list and ad you name on it.

1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
*spends 20 minutes trying to swipe mom's laptop and steal internet to sign up*

This is a beautiful idea <3

1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro

:059:

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Ishhhhhhhhhhhhhh
<33333333333

Anyway could you please sticky this thread?

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Sure! You might not understand some of the story references but you'll still have a great time.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
sign me up! i should be able to check every day on my dsi, just for clarification, is it logging on that counts? or posting, or playing the game?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'll take part at this. I've been playing lots of Mafia @dGames since the summer and I can't wait to beat some of you scrubs. :p

Few things to note:
23 is A LOT for a mafia game - most SWF Mafia games have between 11 and 15.
How long is one day here? dGames usually has 2 weeks.
Add links to the Mafiascum Wiki and Flash tutorials in the OP please.
Invite Fox and Falco players.
Editing posts should be against the rules.
All night actions are sent via PM.
Mafia can communicate via IM etc.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Gheb, 23 players is ok because the day and night phses here last up to 24 hours, so the death rate is gonna be much quicker.
I have already invite both Fox and Falco players, so again, 23 players shouldn't be that hard to get.
Editing posts other from fixing typos IS, naturally, against the rules. You can double post if you forgot to say something.
All night action have to be via PM, like I stated on the OP.
Mafia can comunicate in any private channel (Xat, IRC, AIM, MSN, whatever)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Mmmm... All right, I'll sticky it :)

And I can take care of locking the thread for the night cycles. There isn't any way that I know of where you'd be able to get mod powers for this, but I guess we'll just need to enforce the rules hardcore. Xsyven and I can infract people who break the law, so it should be fine ;D

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
For future sign ups, please copy and paste this list and add you name on it.

1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro
Come on people. It's not like you can miss this -___- Put your name on the list if you want in lol

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Sorry D: Remind me not to sign up for stuff when I'm extremely tired next time x.x

1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro
5. Seagull Man
6. Yumewomiteru
7. KRDsonic

:058:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro
5. Seagull Man
6. Yumewomiteru
7. KRDsonic
8. Gheb

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro
5. Seagull Man
6. Yumewomiteru
7. KRDsonic
8. Gheb
9. Vrael

Sure why not?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro
5. Seagull Man
6. Yumewomiteru
7. KRDsonic
8. Gheb
9. Vrael
10. Onishiba

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro
5. Seagull Man
6. Yumewomiteru
7. KRDsonic
8. Gheb
9. Vrael
10. Onishiba
11. Xonar

I guess I should be thankful x.X

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Sess, it really does.

This will be your reference to what role does what when the game starts, plus if this gets inactive for a couple of days and its not stickied, it might go down to the bottom of the page where no one will find it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
plus if this gets inactive for a couple of days and its not stickied, it might go down to the bottom of the page where no one will find it.
*looks at how many threads that aren't sticked have had posts in the past 4 days*

... Definitely :laugh:

But yeah, if Xsyven thinks it doesn't need a sticky he can unsticky it, there's no real difference either way. The sticky can't hurt though, especially for night cycles.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Ish, apparently no one loves me enoguh to give me temporary mod powers, SO you will be the responsable for locking this thread at night, and opening it 24 hours later (or when I tell you to).

I know it seems like a lot fo work, that whyI friggin ask for locking privilages, so tht I can do it when I need to.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Take it easy Pad ._. It's not like you can get temporary mod powers at the drop of a hat, especially for a social thing. If you really want to be a temp mod for Mafia, ask one of the admins to see if they can work something out.

I have no problem taking care of the locks , just send me a VM if you need me to do anything outside of the schedule. And if I can't do it for some reason, Xsyven can back me up ;D

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
I understand not everyone can be a mod, but it's not like I want to be a mod indefinitly.

I simply want it so this game can go as smoothly as possible, you can take my powers away as soon as the game is over and if I abuse them, you can ban me.

I know it's not in your hand Ishy, and I'm not discharging any anger towards you <3.

I don't NEED to lock the thread at night, but I'm pretty sure people won't respect the "You can't post during the night phase" rule... If they promise to do so then there will be no need for locking the thread.

Actually... Instead of locking the thread for me it would be much better if you deleted any posts made on the thread during the night phase. The only thread I will ask you to lock and unlock will be the Stroy/Clues thread, because no one is suppose to post there at all.

Anyway thanks for the help man, I really apreciate it = D.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Have you been to the Decisive Games forum here? Tons of members here run these games without mod powers and whatnot. It's fine, trust me. :3 I just finished running a Mafia game without even using my own mod powers. x_x

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Sorry, I Noticed that you signed me up, but I decided not to do this, I have mad school work to do and exams are coming up.

But I hope this becomes a great success, and if you make this again when I'm more free I'd def do it.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I just need some sticky help and locking and unlocking of the Story thread.

Also guys, I know I could've made this game on the "Decisive games" seccion of the forum, but I wanted it to be more exclusive to the Wolf (and other Starfox) boards.
Plus, I want all this sticky's and locks because this game is gonna be A LOOOOT more dedicated than any other mafia game, it's going to have a storyline and it's going to have good clues, so please bear with me... It's going to be worth it believe me.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
1. Eightyeight
2. Xsyven
3. ArcPoint
4. Ishieymoro
5. Seagull Man
6. KRDsonic
7. Gheb
8. Vrael
9. Onishiba
10. Xonar
11. Blargy

Still kinda confused on how this works still but I shall learn this!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Plus, I want all this sticky's and locks because this game is gonna be A LOOOOT more dedicated than any other mafia game, it's going to have a storyline and it's going to have good clues, so please bear with me... It's going to be worth it believe me.
Hmm. The individual game moderators in Decisive Games never have any trouble and they do not need temporary moderator powers. In fact, they are never given and probably would not even be asked for. They also regularly run flavor games, including ones with storyline. I look forward to reading how amazing your storyline will have to be to be "A LOOOOOT more dedicated than any other mafia game" at this site.

Have fun with your 24 hour days, with 23 players on Day 1 this will become a spam-fest and post count +1 machine.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yeah, you people aren't special. Mafia games belong in Decisive Games. I'll move it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom