• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Thread

HentaiKing4Everr

Smash Cadet
I'll try to play today. Might be busy with an MMO though :3
Who's up to play later? PMI and I seem to lag =\

D

Deleted member

What are ur guys favorite UMS maps?

i used to play bound maps and this map called Normandy SE^2

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
i hated bounds
but Heavens Last Defense/Stand was like crack
**** got intense

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
does anyone wanna play sc with me right now? I'm a noob and I really really really suck. I just want to get some experience

name= sherigami

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Lol oh man BBS. You don't just counter that, you just react properly and out micro it.
Yeah but I have better micro/macro then him right now.

So =/

I have been BBSing vs him so he will learn to do just what you are saying and thus grow a little bit in skill.

But I also have been doing it in a little more conservative manner by not proxying BBS but using my BBS to wall off and then with the first push proxying/bunker so I kinda have wrecked his nerves for the early game, but by constantly rushing/bunkerrushing/BBSing/proxing **** I hope to get him comfortable with aggressive builds so in the future it doesnt unnerve him and then he can calmly/cooly adapt and win.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you shouldn't start off teaching someone with fighting off really obscure cheesing

they're just going to end up making 6pool their standard build or something to overcompensate

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
you shouldn't start off teaching someone with fighting off really obscure cheesing

they're just going to end up making 6pool their standard build or something to overcompensate
It is pretty easy to beat, his build is not why he is losing, but just his micro like my 6 marines should not be beating his 3 goons + 15ish workers, he doesnt even use his workers to block ***** or even to do damage until all his goons are dead.

There is stuff to be learned here.

D

Deleted member

first thing i learned about sc is that your buddies irl will not play honorable and play a standard game

terran cheeses are all so weird

stuff like BBS just seems awkward compared to zerg cheeses

does anybody have any advice for tvt? siege tanks are OP as ****

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
first thing i learned about sc is that your buddies irl will not play honorable and play a standard game
I never learned this. What are you talking about? If you're talking about irl buddies who have no idea what they're doing, of course they won't just play standard. If they're irl buddies who do know what they're doing and just cheese, just play safe and roflstomp them. If they keep cheesing and complain about imba when you just 2 rax expand/1 fact expand vs. all their gay little cheeses, then get some new buddies.

EDIT:
@Patrack: Tanks are stupid as ****, so just make more of them than your opponent, or make an obscenely large number of vultures before he gets a legit tank count and rush him.

D

Deleted member

i never said not playing honorably is a bad thing, just saying something I notice

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Battlecruisers are pretty bad. I see no practical use for them in any match up. They should only be used as a SUPPORT for your other units in tvt (sniping tanks/CC's with ymato) and that's it. Dropships filled with tanks/goliaths take out bases much faster and defend way quicker as well.

TvT is a position based game. Knowing when to attack is a really important skill to have, because sometimes attacking is a really bad idea. Attack when they expand, and defend when you expand. Whoever can keep the best defense/offense wins. It's the same as every other match-up except conducted completely differently.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've been out of the scene for awhile but doesn't every TvT that lasts over 30 minutes devolve into a BC war?

BC = dominant unit

thanks for your really vague "advice" though

Alphicans

Smash Hero
i've been out of the scene for awhile but doesn't every TvT that lasts over 30 minutes devolve into a BC war?

BC = dominant unit

thanks for your really vague "advice" though
TvT now a days hardly ever has BC's. Maybe like 1 hour into it they'll whip them out, but I think people have realized that dropships are just way more effective and that BC's can get cornered way too easily by goliaths.

D

Deleted member

u need a battle.net account where u have a blizzard product, then u can enter into the beta lottery, unless they changed it recently

if i get one i'll probably sell it for $

wahwah judd

Smash Rookie
Anybody here get a beta key for sc2? Me and my friend have been playing for a few weeks, got ours from blizzcom. Hit me up if you wanna play some sc2.

Top Bottom