• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Thread

Naota21t

Smash Champion
im writing a 4 pg essay for my asians humanity class on starcraft.

starcraft's cultural and economic effects on korea to be precise.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
****, that is like the easiest paper ever written.

To bad you don't play. We need to smash, you still owe me for my bday. Come down and smash with me and Chris some day, or when UCSC starts back up come down for our super legit smash sessions/fests.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Woah, glad I saw this thread. Anyone passing through 805, theres a internet cafe that has 4 PCs with SC2 beta. They charge 2.50 an hour. Its called Green Forest.

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
i wish i had a beta key, playing against AI gets repetitive after awhile. Let me get a friend invite if it comes with one yo, lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think the demand has died down enough (since they hacked it and have the local version) that it's not worth it to sell it

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
How did I miss this thread? I play Starcraft all the ****ing time! If anybody wants to play me, just msg me and I'll give you my MSN and then we can do battle. I play on ICCup under a few aliases, but most of the time I use ".Pilgrim" so feel free to add me.

...unless you are just playing because you heard SC2 beta was out. Then you suck, and there is nothing I can do about that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
way better than all of us. B+ means you're legitimately very very good. for reference, at my peak, I was D+/C-.

Actually, iirc Alphicans was pretty good, I dunno if he was in B territory though.

and I know Eggm and Plank were both C range players.

DJRome

Smash Hero
he lied. . . he said u were an a-. . . most of the ppl of my school are D+'s, but there's a C+ guy here. but i am pretty scrubby and don't really know what that means.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Most of the players here are in D/D+ range. S2J at his peak is probably C if I had to guesstimate; he claims C- is his highest IIRC but at the time of that statement rankings were a lot more lax due to a higher amount of players in the lower ranks than when he was serious. I was consistently C- and most newer players or casual players who have never played competitively are almost definitely in the D-/D range.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
If you've never played competitively, I can practically guarantee a D-. I mean, if you have a terrible build order and strategy that revolves around 1 worked/mineral patch and stranded bunkers that are positioned to deal with move-attack AI or mass cannon walls at your natural choke, you will get stomped by someone who has even the tiniest shred of competency.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i never really played terran, but my basic build with protoss was just a 2 gate into some fast zs or a goon z mix and then some reaver harrass.

i started playing zerg more tho cause they're really fun. a lot of options.

DJRome

Smash Hero
oh yeah, the guy i play against plays zerg/protoss. i use fast zs vs the zerg and goons + zs vs protoss

I always kinda wondered why people 5 and 6 pooled

I mean, 4-6 pools are always all-in builds. If you don't win with them, you lose. The one extra drone you get is not going to matter if your ling all-in gets *****, so why not just go all the way and 4-pool?

pockyD

Smash Legend
iirc the difference between 4pool and 5pool is like 2 seconds or something

and they're not necessarily all-in in the sense that you have to win the game on the spot; you just need to do an equivalent or greater amount of damage... doing a 5pool instead of a 4pool reduces the amount of damage you need to do by (theoretically) more than the 2-second gap would cost you

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
rofl, I remember some game on medusa where some dude decided to 4 pool, and accidentally still built a drone at the beginning and then immediately canceled it and I just remember thinking to myself that he probably would've been better off rolling with it and 5 pooling.

Top Bottom