• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
If I were playing people who let me get away with that kind of stuff, I wouldn't be asking for advice. :p
If you want to play post in this thread, Id love to give you some friendly practice, I too just got back into the game after years.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265520

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Strategy_(Protoss)
It seems like you need to know build orders to do well nowadays. Advice is hard to give in general, can you be more specific?
BTW the cloaking unit is an Arbiter.
Yes build orders are a must. Read up on TeamLiquid there is a lot to learn there.

aldredheron

Smash Rookie
I play starcraft a lot and i have start to see a lot of stuff like dirt tank d, strip sakura, strip jessica abla and more, wat do think about these types of games and do u think they should me a loud..

SloT

Smash Journeyman
I just visited battle.net for the first time in like a year... I failed miserably. and battle.net is pretty much a wasteland now. And my account got reset! DANGIT!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, you have to sign into your battle.net account once every 3 months to keep it active. That's what I do so I don't lose my account.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Dang, installed SC onto my PC, but my wide-screen screws up the resolution and there's no resolution setting in the game. It's kinda zoomed in with the sides being chopped off by an inch.

Mates keep telling me to play, apparently it's well balanced.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why, if it isn't F8AL! good to see you again :D
Hey, it's been a while SloT! How have ya been? Still playing SC1? ;)

Oh ****, it's ctrlzerg. I am basically waiting for SC2 now, I just can't get back into SC1 no matter what I do :\.
Have you played the SC2 beta yet?

sc2 shouldve been one full game instead of havin 2 expansion packs
Yeah, but that wouldn't make as much as money splitting it up into 3 different parts and charging full retail game price for each individual part.

And I'll be using the free battle.net, not the one which costs money. No thank you Blizzard.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
O.o bnet 2.0 will not cost money already confirmed back in like blizzcon 09
the reason for the expansions is for new units/content patches/ bnet updates/ more storyline
to make the trilogy in one game it would still require 3 disks and the game would be pushed back another 3 years and everything would be glitchy and the whole game would cost well over 100 usd

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I would never pay money for Battle.net, it's not even that good anyways. I can remember a few times where me and a friend would be playing a game and once of us would get dropped. (as in on each other's screens, the other person would leave)

It sucks how they'll make you pay for "premium" maps. DLC on PCs are usually free. (Thanks Valve!)

Frolossus

Smash Lord
psi storm doesnt feel right, they say it was nerfed cause of clumping but it was prolly cause terran and zerg players complained so much about it in sc1 >_>

edit: foreigner sc1 is dead/dying a bunch of clans have left iccup players like idra koll nony and mondragon have already switched :/

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****, it's ctrlzerg. I am basically waiting for SC2 now, I just can't get back into SC1 no matter what I do :\.
Not that I can't get back in SC at all, but the lac of anyone that I know that plays it makes it boring for me so I feel that.

rhan

Smash Hero
So I played the Stracraft 2 beta today. And I refell-in-love with the series.

Terran is so much fun! But the more advance hotkeys got changed. Though the begining ones are still the same.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
So I played the Stracraft 2 beta today. And I refell-in-love with the series.

Terran is so much fun! But the more advance hotkeys got changed. Though the begining ones are still the same.
Yea i got in the beta and I'm loving it. It's a great game. Im a zerg player
Also, the zerg isn't all that powerful, just the koreans like it and it seems like since it's being played more, people are coming up with different strategies. Protoss and Terran, however, are both very strong if the counters are well thought out and executed correctly... But it seems, as far as ladder rankings, Protoss may be ahead of zerg, and zerg probably being tied with terran as far as percentage of wins go.

In Korea, zerg is still dominating (as far as i know)

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Also if anyone is up for a little B.Net with oldschool Brood War, let's play (just reinstalled, so free wins for you haha)

B.Net East: Silk

rhan

Smash Hero
Yea i got in the beta and I'm loving it. It's a great game. Im a zerg player
Also, the zerg isn't all that powerful, just the koreans like it and it seems like since it's being played more, people are coming up with different strategies. Protoss and Terran, however, are both very strong if the counters are well thought out and executed correctly... But it seems, as far as ladder rankings, Protoss may be ahead of zerg, and zerg probably being tied with terran as far as percentage of wins go.

In Korea, zerg is still dominating (as far as i know)
I noticed that the game has been created to help Terran players out a bit in making things a little less complicated for them/us.

Like once we upgrade out CC for radar then we can also add more supplies to our already built supply depots. This saves us money and gives us the chance to mass more units right off the bat.

I haven't really messed around with any other race mainly because I only play one race since SC1. But I noticed Toss' new abilities and learned what to do against them. Zerg though is another story... I only seen Roaches from them and those ****s are crazy to get around,.

Top Bottom