• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/StarCraft+II+-+Windows/8719899.p?skuId=8719899&id=1200702781643
maybe, who knows... still, I hope it doesn't come out for a while.

for PvZ a common build is Fast expand, sair to zeal/Htemplar, or throw in DTs/reavers. Another is 1/2 gate fast zeals with alot of early harass, then go to zeal/Htemp. You can throw in goons to counter mutas... if you didn't get corsairs, but I don't know of when that would be a good option.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
when the game starts, I do:

1. build worker
2. select all my workers
3. send all my workers to the furthest of the 4 mineral patches I want to be initially mining from
4. select the 2 workers in the back of the line
5. send them to the furthest mineral patch that I want to initially mine from the patch I originally sent all of my workers to
6. shift deselect 1 of those workers and send the other to the closest patch to the one I just sent them to
7. send my overlord on a scouting route
8. set hatch rally point into my min patches

so you'll notice that the result is that 2 of my workers are headed to the same patch (the 2 ones in the front), but worker AI tends to be good about splitting them up immediately anyway and even if it fails, you just single click on the stack of them and send that one off to the other patch you want.

but there is no really set way to do it... whatever you're comfortable with that allows you to get all your workers mining as fast as possible is fine.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I select all 4, send them to the furthest patch, and then click each individually and send them to other patches. If you can't do it right, it just means you're not fast enough, and you need to practice.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
depends what ur doing.

i say 1 gate core bc u can get reavers fasterm and they are a must in pvp.
but if ur goin to attack within the first couple minutes of the game, 2 gate then core and skip goons and just upgrade lot speed into templar

MuRd3riNGQu33nX

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I got a question for you. Ive been wanting to play Starcraft for awhile now and I downloaded the demo and tryed to use battle net but it said something about poor internet connection or DPS files so I cannot play online. I wanna buy the full version but if I cannot play online I dont see the use in buying it. My computer is running Windows XP Home Edition and i have a 56K modem, running wireless not dial up. Anyway that I can fix this?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Don't think of getting your apm up, think about improving everything else, and your apm will naturally go up. Always think of doing something. Believe me when I say that you can always be better at building units. Unless your factories/gateways/hatcheries are ALWAYS producing units, you can improve how fast you are.

But to actually answer the question, spam commands at the start of the match. :p

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No beta e-mail for me cause I signed up under my mac. (I have a PC as well)

Blizzard decided to be a bunch of *******s and not tell us ahead of time.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So I just started getting back into Starcraft, after... like... 8 years. I don't remember jack ****. I can't even beat CPUs at this point. I'm using Protoss now.

Who wants to give me/point me to some guides or beginner tips?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I just started getting back into Starcraft, after... like... 8 years. I don't remember jack ****. I can't even beat CPUs at this point. I'm using Protoss now.

Who wants to give me/point me to some guides or beginner tips?
12 fully upgraded carriers with an observer and that thing which cloaks everything = win.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Strategy_(Protoss)
It seems like you need to know build orders to do well nowadays. Advice is hard to give in general, can you be more specific?
BTW the cloaking unit is an Arbiter.
Thanks for the link.

I guess my main issue is things like:
When to expand.
How to effectively harass without leaving my base vulnerable/while still building up a better army/etc.
Basic things like... when to build what tech. I suppose I can read to figure that kind of stuff out.

Starcraft is definitely hard to get started with. The learning curve is pretty huge.

Top Bottom