• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I get free +1 attack upgrades, and yet I still can't break D. :-(

I'm like 1500 on iccup, nice to know other smashboards people play.

Add DTK-m2, and we can play some time. I can't make games though. Something about adjusting my ports and stuff. Meh.

Also, is Hamachi a VPN? Would you all say the community is larger than iccup?

sevenmorehills

Smash Cadet
It feels like every good foreigner ends up playing poker. Apparently, there is a strong correlation in the skills necessary but I really don't see it.

rhan

Smash Hero
SENARIO MODE:

1 Tank vs 4 Goons.

Which wins? Ramp is blocked by 3-4 SCV's. Siege comes 10-13 seconds after the attack starts. My friend plays Toss and this always happens and he keeps telling me that 1 Tank can take out 3 Goons.

Is he BSing?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You should have 4 rines if he was 4 goons (assuming dual gate and that you scouted), you shouldn't even need to pull scvs and you should have a wall up. There are very few modern maps where you cannot wall. 3 goons should be the number, not 4, if you don't have a tank by 4 goons you're doing something wrong. 3 goons come 4 rines will be able to stall long enough for a tank to save the day, if necessary I suppose you can pull like 2 scvs to absorb more damage on the ramp.

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't know if this matters but I was in left mid on Python. So it takes more than 2 SD's to actually "block" the ramp. I usually block because my micro is bad. I'm trying to sway away from doing that though and trying to improve and have near perfect play.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Walling there is kinda hard yeah. Don't play python? It's not the end all be all map, infact I think it seriously sucks. Start playing on newer maps. Destination is a good place to start, and you can wall there. 1 tanks + 3-4 marines will fend off 3 goons. probably even 4.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How's this new avatar...

Though I had to decrease the quality to upload it onto SWF

sevenmorehills

Smash Cadet
I hate python. It's too hard =[
I like Destination and the new maps tornado and fighting spirt
And the new msl mapp odd eye looks really cool, but it might play weird

D

Deleted member

i don't like most of the new maps because a 4-6 factory timing push simply doesn't work against decent protoss players

like on desti

Alphicans

Smash Hero
4-6? lol 4, 5 and 6 factory timing pushes are all very different builds. 4 is sooooo old school, and 5 is used usually only after a 2 fac push. 6 is pretty out date now anyways, not only because of the maps but because how economically based this game has turned into.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
PA as in paranoid android? I've quit playing for awhile and even back then that map wasn't common. Tau cross has gained in popularity I think and destination is definitely still the standard, IDK about python though.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
and ya paranoid android, well I guess not common, but not uncommon, I usually always saw at least one open match on PA. hmm w/e. and tau cross eh, ill probly download the latest pack on iccup and see what i get.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
that's cause python is so balanced n00b! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/maps/147_Python

funny how the map everyone plays is 60-40 in all matchups.
FD is the most common map played among players just learning competitive Melee and it definitely changes the balance of many matchups (matchups with chaingrabbing) =P

Besides, for the D ranks, massing games on a very simple map to develop mechanics makes sense. At least I think it does.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yes and no. Lots of things change when on different maps. In smash not nearly as many things are influenced by a change in stage, but in SC, certain builds are far more effective on certain maps. If I were to compare python to outsider, there would be so many things a protoss or zerg could do on outsider than they could on python, it's ridiculous.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
Yes and no. Lots of things change when on different maps. In smash not nearly as many things are influenced by a change in stage, but in SC, certain builds are far more effective on certain maps. If I were to compare python to outsider, there would be so many things a protoss or zerg could do on outsider than they could on python, it's ridiculous.
i agree with everything except the reference to smash, like sc a ledge (or anythig else) on the map will influence the game dramatically.

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
I don't own the game legally, so I can only play on hamachi, but it is fine considering I only ever play with friends.

Its quite hilarious in a FFA when you 4 pool, and you find that another person did it, and your lings pass.

Top Bottom