• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's just ridiculously arrogant to assume others are ignorant and uninformed when they simply don't enjoy the same things you do

Just fyi, the more text that it takes to explain that something is NOT boring, the more likely it IS boring. and the massive tired-head i get from the past two pages does nothing to change my mind

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice
Lets just forget about it and play some Starcraft.

Aim : Kula Lite, I'm up for Iccup or Bnet West.

1v1, 2v2, BGH, ums anything!

Ace(WorshipMe)

Smash Cadet
Perfect Hero:
I can agree with all of that.
Well I'd like to play on US West but I'm banned for a week or two apparently because I type too fast. I emailed Blizzard about it and they just sent me back a generic response. Either somehow they caught onto me using Chaos Launcher or I flood out too often from typing too fast.

At the moment my username is...
Shining]FK[ @ US East

I'll message you on AIM some time maybe.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So I was playing a ZvP on neo medusa last night and my opponent snuck an early probe up behind my mineral line and cannon rushed me after getting his first 2 cannons at his FE (i opened overpool speed). So I pull my drones and have to wait like 15 seconds or so for my natural hatch to complete, and in the meantime just crank speedlings rallying to the front of his base. 12 speedlings > 2 cannons and I ***** his ****. the end.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I have my old dusty copy of starcraft laying around and I would really like to start playing again, that game was perfect (like melee). If any of you would like to play (own) me just send me a message, I would love to get back into it.

sevenmorehills

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I like him for Khan as well. I want Flash to have someone to help him carry the load, but I don't really want it to be JD because they've had such heated games in the past and being on the same team would probably water down the rivalry. SKT1 would be awful except that it would make every other team an underdog and make it exciting every time they lose.

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice
Those most epic games I've ever seen were from Flash, Bisu and Jaedong so I hope Jaedong doesn't go to any of their teams.

Anyone else is fine!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey guys... i'm trying to get back into sc again

i'm having trouble with the BO for fast muta pressure against toss... i always happen to be a little late

any tips for me? like what is the actual BO? and what should i be aiming for when i do attack? just probes? what if there are cannons

and like... also the timing of when to attack? how many mutas should i have

i also have trouble defending when i do this build. should i just rely on sunkens and lings? should i have a hydra den?

thanks in advance

ill also look on liquipedia for help

edit: ahh 12 hours and i see no one has answers

just editing to let u guys know

i am watching OSL FINALS RIGHT NOW! LIVE! hahaha

yellow vs jaedong

ZvZ this will be interesting :p

aeghrur

Smash Champion
WOOT! Jaedong, Golden Mouse, nice. :)
I like it I like it.
ZvZ is incredibly fast, lol. It's really intense to me though. :p

:093:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, these matches had some intense moments, but for the most part i could see that jaedong's micro was just way above yellow's

game 1 he did 10 hatch and was barely able to block yellow's initial 9 pool rush, then from there u see some CRAZY zergling moves to **** the base and drones, its pretty ****. if u pull off the 10 hatch u really have a big zergling advantage

sevenmorehills

Smash Cadet
Good series.
Still, the quality of ZvZ was not nearly as high as in JD v Calm, imo.
Can't wait for them to rematch.

Do or Die

Smash Rookie
Heh, just saw this thread, and I think I love it already. I'm a huge SC fan, and pretty good(although not playing for like a year I may be rusty)
I'll start playing it again when I get back from AIT. I'm a Terran player btw, and I only do Broodwar. Can't live without mah medics. I also believe in the over powering might of marines and BC teams. Marines and BC's! Of course medics. But all seriousness aside, I love going online and killing noobs with 30 BC armies. Advanced players aren't stupid enough to die by that, because 30 BC's takes frorever to make, but put a few Rine/bat bunkers around a noobs base and he'll suddenly become a turtle. Lol. classic.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I'm not 100% sure I buy that Fantasy's TvP > Flash's TvP. They're both monsters at it, and there aren't enough Protosses in leagues this season to really differentiate the two. Fantasy's is a definitely more harass driven whereas Flash is just a macro machine.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I've watched plenty of him, and he's already proved himself plenty well enough in the Proleague and OSL this past year, but I still think Flash is a better player overall and I think that their TvP games are roughly equivalent (albeit pretty different).

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
From the english casted games I've seen of flash, I never understand why he just does not have faith in his standard games. He always does things like 14CC and 2port wraiths when a player of his skill level should be able to play standard and win off of macro/micro. I understand that you want to mix it up, but from how I see it, recently, he's just been cheesing himself

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I'm not 100% sure I buy that Fantasy's TvP > Flash's TvP. They're both monsters at it, and there aren't enough Protosses in leagues this season to really differentiate the two. Fantasy's is a definitely more harass driven whereas Flash is just a macro machine.
I don't think saying Flash is "just a macro machine" is really fair. Almost every progamer can macro extremely well in the sense of making units and keeping their money down. It's flash's unparalleled decision making, execution, and ability to defend that makes him a monster in TvP.

Flash's turtling style revolutionized the matchup 1 year+ ago. Fantasy is an incredible player though, and his style has revolutionized TvP somewhat as well. At the moment I'd take Fantasy's TvP over Flash's, but I think it's really close.

hey guys... i'm trying to get back into sc again

i'm having trouble with the BO for fast muta pressure against toss... i always happen to be a little late

any tips for me? like what is the actual BO? and what should i be aiming for when i do attack? just probes? what if there are cannons

and like... also the timing of when to attack? how many mutas should i have

i also have trouble defending when i do this build. should i just rely on sunkens and lings? should i have a hydra den?
Fast muta pressure (as in, not an all-in) doesn't work too well vs P because if they scout you they can mass sairs and cannons. You can, however, kill their scout with zerglings and go 2 hatch muta all-in.

For 2 hatch muta:

-Open 9 pool speed to deny scout. Take drones off gas after you get zergling speed, and then get a hatchery at natural, and put drones back on gas.

-get lair as soon as you have the gas, and spire as soon as you have the lair. In the meantime make as many drones as you can and some overlords as necessary.

- You should have an overlord in the P's base and lings outside of the P's base which will let you know if he's being aggressive and if you need to build extra lings/a sunk.

-Bring 2 pairs of scourge or so if the P has a stargate/corsairs. Try to kill the sairs with scourge and cannons with mutas, then go for probes/nexus.

ideally it'd look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AC8Z6ZLxZg

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
it's really no secret that TvZ is Flash's least comfortable matchup, *shrugs*

as much as people seemed to be dreading Calm vs. Kwanro, the games I've watched thus far from that series were objectively much better than the OSL finals. Game 1 is so awesome, if you haven't watched it yet, you should.

Top Bottom