• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
If so, reduce the damage bonus to armored. The hardened shield is what makes it unique.
By reducing the damage to armored units all of a sudden Roaches would be unstoppable vs P in the mid and early game. Also this would take away from the immortals purpose as a heavy siege unit and it would be degraded into a tanky stalker.

shanus

Smash Hero
Immortals counter every single unit the factory makes. Thus this forces the T players to stick with MMM balls all day with the occasional Viking which goes back to the original problem of this holy trinity of units.

They either have to remove them all or completely change those units purposes because all three of those units counter way to many things.
No. EMP off the shields and the immortals don't have hard armor anymore and can get schooled. If you go all mech without a ghost support (hell if your late game vs toss and don't think of ghosting thats just a bad idea even if your MMM balling, gluck against templars)

Honestly, these 3 units aren't that big of a problem anymore. The biggest problem are 2:40-2:45 reaper rushes in which toss literally has no good option to deal with. It's probably the one reason i like twilight fortress because even the fastest stalker build on lost temple or metapolis is like 30-45 seconds too late for a speedreaper.

P.S. lemme know if anyone wants to team, #1 gold in 2's RT right now (i prefer 2's over 1's)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Immortals counter every single unit the factory makes. Thus this forces the T players to stick with MMM balls all day with the occasional Viking which goes back to the original problem of this holy trinity of units.

They either have to remove them all or completely change those units purposes because all three of those units counter way to many things.
Take away Immortals? Then mech build becomes completely and ridiculously viable for every situation. Terrans won't have to think anymore. The Immortal is the PERFECT thorn in Terran's side. It makes them think twice before going for the big guns.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
When I sign in to battle.net I can download the beta opt-in request file, but then when I try to open it, it gives me an error message saying it's not a valid Win32 application.

What's up with this? I'm running windows vista OS, if that's the reason it freaks out...:ohwell:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Gamestop is giving beta keys away to people who preorder.

Kotaku said:
There are actually three ways to obtain a StarCraft II beta code through GameStop. You can preorder StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty online and receive your code through email; preorder the game for in-store pick-up, wait 24 hours, and then go to the store for your code; or preorder the game at the store itself, with the code printed out on your receipt.

If you choose either of the first two options, however, make sure you really want to purchase the full game, for there is a disclaimer:

Reserve StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and receive an invitation to the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta. Available online and in-store while supplies last. Once you receive your Beta Code your order cannot be canceled.

Your best bet is to head over to your local store and drop five dollars on the game. You’ll get the beta code, and should you not find the game to your liking, my local GameStop manager says that retail stores will still allow you to cancel your order after the fact.
EB Games in aus is doing the same thing. I'd be tempted to, but I figure I'll just wait. Don't want to preorder and find that oh hey, Game Traders has a figure or something.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm surprised they've done nothing about the Terran Reaper rush. The Protoss are just screwed.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
wow I mean I'm like "okay" at Melee in the grand scheme of everything
but I am just, completely awful at Starcraft
regardless I have this beta and I really want to learn
I watch Husky and HD videos like every day for a month, and I had a half-korean guy as a room-mate once (lol) so I've watched SC1 played a lot.

I feel young again, trying to learn a whole new game like this <3

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Finally got a beta key. Crap, why does it have to be during finals week. If I have to choose, how can I say no to zerglings?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I've been refining my proxy pylon technique. Cheese proxy (with Gateways and Photon Cannons) is too volatile and usually stopped, but placing only a pylon way in the back of the enemy base lets me tech straight to Dark Templar, warp 'em in, and destroy the opponent. Cutting out the travel time and skipping past any defenses is too good. The economy is dead in seconds. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFbFCTziw28&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFbFCTziw28&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

REALLY looking forward to the custom maps :D:D:D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And WC3. They did some amazing stuff in both, and concidering Bliz iz treating it more as a game creator than a map creator...squee!

Frown

poekmon
I really hope Blizzard releases 3D models of units that aren't in the actual game. The map editor could potentially turn into every arcade game ever made.

Jane

Smash Hero
so ive just been watching buttloads of high level competive sc2 (and sc)

and it is just amazing. so amazing.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm surprised they've done nothing about the Terran Reaper rush. The Protoss are just screwed.
Its terrible, I don't even bother with 1v1 ladder right now (doesn't help I've been reset like 5 times recently), but doing 5 boring placement games to get into platinum like 10 times over and then get cheesed by 2:40 reaper builds is just dull.

Anyone want a 2's AT partner? Gold/Platinum player for a fair amount of time now

I've been refining my proxy pylon technique. Cheese proxy (with Gateways and Photon Cannons) is too volatile and usually stopped, but placing only a pylon way in the back of the enemy base lets me tech straight to Dark Templar, warp 'em in, and destroy the opponent. Cutting out the travel time and skipping past any defenses is too good. The economy is dead in seconds. :)
I find that going for proxy warp in for the rush slows it down too much as the first warp in will be too slow. If you do it right, you can nail out 2 DTs *RIGHT* as warp gate finishes researching, and then you can warp in another 2 for a 4 way DT which can generally get in and kill off a nexus/hatch well before most people nail detection. And since you have 4, either wait and watch for a MULE to be cast, and if they do comsat you, since you have 4 you can get outrange with usually 3 alive to continue economy harass.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I really hope Blizzard releases 3D models of units that aren't in the actual game. The map editor could potentially turn into every arcade game ever made.
they said that everything in all of the alpha builds will be available in the editor and i think there will be a way to import wc3 models

for the ums stuff
someone altered the physics engine here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVi-c1flZzg&feature=player_embedded

if you like FPS games then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-baUe-pCqJY&feature=player_embedded

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFbFCTziw28&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFbFCTziw28&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

REALLY looking forward to the custom maps :D:D:D
The music on this video is ridiculous

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Its terrible, I don't even bother with 1v1 ladder right now (doesn't help I've been reset like 5 times recently), but doing 5 boring placement games to get into platinum like 10 times over and then get cheesed by 2:40 reaper builds is just dull.

Anyone want a 2's AT partner? Gold/Platinum player for a fair amount of time now

I find that going for proxy warp in for the rush slows it down too much as the first warp in will be too slow. If you do it right, you can nail out 2 DTs *RIGHT* as warp gate finishes researching, and then you can warp in another 2 for a 4 way DT which can generally get in and kill off a nexus/hatch well before most people nail detection. And since you have 4, either wait and watch for a MULE to be cast, and if they do comsat you, since you have 4 you can get outrange with usually 3 alive to continue economy harass.
I should probably mention that I only use this strategy in 2v2. My teammate techs straight to Stalkers to keeps our base free of Reaper and Mutalisk harassment. I can tech to DTs in peace. It works so well. It works extra well if my teammate hits the front door the same time I go for the economy.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the beta, I'm CtrLZerG.. Gold 5th in my division, though i havent been playing a ton.

Top Bottom